Whom should I give the third and fourth Heart Seals to (Conquest)?

cloudropis

This is my first playthrough of Conquest, Hard Classic.

I spent my first two heart seals on Odin and Mozu and I just upgraded my staff shop to get another two. I'm considering giving one to Jakob (starting butler), grew up beatifully and as a Paladin he would kick even more ass.

However, that would leave me with only one staff user for the Nohr side, that's bad. I can technically reclass Elfie or Charlotte to troubadors but fuck that for obvious reasons. Then I realized I'm on chapter 14 and I'm getting Leo, so I can turn him into a Strategist. However, there is also Keaton which I heard is best reclassed into a Hero to salvage the bad SKL, so maybe he has more priority over the seal than the others? Jakob is still great as it is, while Keaton may need the reclassing to even be useful (you tell me, this is my first PT).

I considered promoting Niles into an Adventurer for staff use, but that seems a waste compared to Bow Knight. I also thought about making Silas a mercenary but, again, that's just for fun and to make an already strong unit even stronger, so he has the lowest priority over a seal.

Suggestions?

I would make Leo a strategist because his strength sux and he could still use Brynhildr, so he still wouldn't be losing much. (except skills)

I would make Leo a strategist because his strength sux and he could still use Brynhildr, so he still wouldn't be losing much. (except skills)

Actually, I would suggest Sorcerer. He makes a lot better use of his stats in that class

As long as it has staves I'm good for. Also, I already have Elise as a Strategist (double the strategist bonuses is nice though).

Do you guys think it's better to reclass Jakob and Leo now or does Keaton take precedence?

. However, there is also Keaton which I heard is best reclassed into a Hero to salvage the bad SKL

I only used him once and I don't recall having hit problems. The Beast stones have 90 Hit and give 5-8 skill. As a hero, he ist way too mediocre. If you have to reclass him, make him a Berserker to make use of his strenght and speed.

Heart Sealing Jakob makes only sense in the early game or the end game. Not in the middle game, he starts falls behind at that point. You could reclass him later to a Great Knight so that he gives Corrin 7 Def (9 if their personal skills stack)

Edited by Aircalipoor

I actually suggest promoting effie to a great knight, getting her to level five, and getting luna, then making her a maid. When she was 20/20 for me, she capped defense and strength, and ended up doubling around 17 damage with THE PEBBLE. She makes a bad staffbot, but she can deal very high damage, while lowering the enemy's defense by 4 when given THE PEBBLE. I also suggest, if using Arthur, to promote him then change his class into a Great Knight. It worked well for me. (Also I would beat the Before Awakening DLC then giving the Great Lord class to Azura, and the Lodestar class to Xander. WHile also gaining THE PEBBLE)

Edited by Tuvy2

I actually suggest promoting effie to a great knight, getting her to level five, and getting luna, then making her a maid. When she was 20/20 for me, she capped defense and strength, and ended up doubling around 17 damage with THE PEBBLE. She makes a bad staffbot, but she can deal very high damage, while lowering the enemy's defense by 4 when given THE PEBBLE. I also suggest, if using Arthur, to promote him then change his class into a Great Knight. It worked well for me. (Also I would beat the Before Awakening DLC then giving the Great Lord class to Azura, and the Lodestar class to Xander. WHile also gaining THE PEBBLE)

First off, the Pebble can't double. Second, Great Lord Azura has "bad idea" written all over it. Third, the Lodestar and Great Lord classes require having all the NPCs survive.

Anyways, regarding the topic, I personally don't think reclassing anyone at this point is really worth it.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

If you're using Camilla, I usually like making her a Wyvern Lord after she picks up Savage Blow. Especially on Conquest, I would generally avoid reclassing a character into a class they would have all E Ranks in (i.e. Hero!Keaton) this far into the game. Maybe if you dedicate a couple Paralogue's solely to grinding them up, but even then, the Skills Keaton would get wouldn't exactly help him too much. Of the other Units you mentioned, I guess I'd recommend Mercenary!Silas the most? I like Strong Riposte more than a lot of people and he'd certainly make better use of the Sol skill from Hero than Keaton would.

Also, I don't know why people recommend Great Lord!Azura, when Great Lord!Effie is also a thing.

Edited by Avalanche

If your only concern is beating the game using a heart seal on Camilla seems like kind of a waste since she's OP as it is. You have better options. Hero/Zerker Keaton isn't amazing but I mean having 2 range is nice I guess? It's not an awful idea. Jakob is also a good reclass but wait until after you get Felicia so you're not stuck with one staff user if you don't reclass Felicia.

If your only concern is beating the game using a heart seal on Camilla seems like kind of a waste since she's OP as it is. You have better options. Hero/Zerker Keaton isn't amazing but I mean having 2 range is nice I guess? It's not an awful idea. Jakob is also a good reclass but wait until after you get Felicia so you're not stuck with one staff user if you don't reclass Felicia.

Yes, I just want to beat the game without grinding EXP on Boo Camp, I don't really wanna focus on doing skills wombo combo on Conquest. So I'd rather use HS to improve mid-tier units or to make low-tiers usable (like I did with Odin).

Oh I forgot about Felicia, that's great, I'll just wait for her and then reclass Jakob and I can save the other one. Good thinking.

Camilla the Wyvern Lord turns Chapter 19 into her playground. While it's definitely doable as Malig Knight, it's a lot faster if she reclasses.

The only person I'd even consider it for is Corrin at this point, but if you're happy with yours, then there's no need to use them on anyone.

If you're using Charlotte or Arthur it's wise to promote them into Heroes then reclass them to Berserk after they get Sol.

If you're using Camilla then make her a Wyvern Lord. She really only gains stats and even if you don't have Savage Blow Rally Defense is a good trade-off

If you captured and are using Haitaka promote him into a Basara until level 5 for Rend Heaven, then reclass him to Spearmaster.

Leo to Sorcerer is not a bad idea either.

If you're using Children characters then Sophie and Siegbert are amazing as Heroes. If you have an Arms Scroll and wait until chapter 19 to recruit them then you can use the Child Seal to make them Great Knight, use the Arms Scroll so they get axes as D and on top of that they hide a B rank in the other weapon if it's ever necessary. Siegbert is also a good Wyvern Lord this way.

Felicia makes a good Strategist too, if only to get Inspiration and Rally Speed.

For Keaton I believe that the best way to make him good is to actually promote him as soon as you get him. Even if you lose stats, I think it's better to have him get power faster, plus dem Wolfßenger pair up bonuses.

I believe that kids get D Rank secondary weapons at Chapter 21, not 19.

That's what the Arms Scroll is for. If you use the Child Seal on Sophie into Great Knight and give her the Arms Scroll, she'll have B in Swords, B in Lances and D in axes. When you reclass to Hero, she'll be ready to use Hand Axes, a +1 or +2 Iron Axe, on top of Silver Swords. With Siegbert you can do the same but reclass him to Wyvern Lord and have B in Lances and D in Axes. Extra cool if, say, Charlotte!Siegbert inherited Defender from Xander and Sol/Hp+5/Gamble from Charlotte and gets Lunge, Str+2 and later Rally+2. Or in the case of, say, Mozu!Sophie she gets Quick Draw from Mozu, Luna if you got Silas to 5, then she gets Strong Riposte and Sol from Hero.

Even if they seem like small skills, Elbow Room does stack with Strong Riposte or Quick Draw which can patch up Sophie's low strength.