Garchomp's Randomizer topic

NoMommaGarchomp

Randomizer  

10 members have voted

1. 1. FR randomizer starter?

• Aron
    • Hitmonlee
    • Seadra

Heya. I have got two randomizers going on (Emerald, right before Roxanne, FR, choosing starter) and there are some hard choices to make... So why not ask here? Anyways, ı've included the questions on a poll and I will follow what the majority says. I could possibly do a playlog though I might either have to cut the pictures or make small updates if something goes wrong IRL though.

Edited by NoMommaGarchomp

I agree with the above. If you've set the randomiser to change impossible evolutions (trade evos) then a Kingdra would be pretty good. If you can't evolve then go with Hitmonlee.

Just so you know, your third poll does not allow multiple choice, so that needs to be fixed.

I deleted the 3rd poll because I am actually gonna restart the playthrough.

Anyways, after a LONG time of me trying to sign in (I had to put my ORIGINAL name?) I am finally here for the playthrough! Now, letsa go! Starting with FR because it is a newer game to me as I have only played Yellow... Yet I've beaten Emerald a dozen times.

Also, before we start I am just SO jealous of Oak. Goddamn it, he's got a Rapidash! Mine!

post-25932-0-32469100-1483813429_thumb.png

And so, after Oak's introduction, so begins our Pokemon Journey! With our mother's encouraging... Ignorance towards our existence, we leave the house like a boss. Now, I did what any other logical person would, visit Oak's place... But no, that's not good enough for this game.

post-25932-0-16644500-1483813657_thumb.png

post-25932-0-89437800-1483813694_thumb.png

Today, two careers begin, ours as a Pokemaster and Oak's as a creepy child stalker! So, Oak takes us to his place where we meet Gar-, I mean Green and we are presented with three wonderful Pokémon, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander... Or so does Oak call them. I think old age is affecting him.

post-25932-0-64625400-1483813894_thumb.png

post-25932-0-46300500-1483813920_thumb.png

post-25932-0-47813100-1483813956_thumb.png

So, I won't be selecting anything until the tie breaks. Personally, I ADORE Seadra and it will evolve in this playthrough without needing to trade, so don't worry.

*Notes and comments*

This playthrough enables, IMPOSSIBLE EVOLUTIONS (Aka no need to trade to evolve, or use the time system to evolve Eevee) so any Pokemon can evolve into its final stage.

Evolutions follow the normal chain. Every Pokemon is randomized so you'll rarely be seeing Pokemon in places they should normally be. Items and held items are also randomized. Same goes for Static Pokemon (However a Legendary will always be turned into a Legendary and a normal Poke will always turn into a normal poke). National Dex is enabled from the start so I can evolve Non-Kanto Pokemon and Pokemon names are not all-caps anymore because I am weird...

Ask any other question on the settings in this thread. Unfortunately, I didn't think of saving the random seed and links to ROMs are 100% Prohibited in most forums. So you can't play the same version as me, sadly.

And a question to you all: Do you enjoy this type of screenshot+commentary playthroughs? Anything you'd like improved?

FOR THE NEXT TIME: We will be picking a starter! All 3 are cool picks, with my fave being Seadra, but hey, I'd rather have ypu guys pick for me. Also, please choose a name for your selected starter. My favourite becomes its nickname! Bye! If you want to tell me anything, send a PM or a comment in the thread.

Also, I want the permission of a mod for something. If I have a major update, may I double post? And what is the opinion on "bumping" topics on this forum?

Edited by NoMommaGarchomp

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, January 7, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, January 7, 2017 - No reason given

I deleted the 3rd poll because I am actually gonna restart the playthrough.

Anyways, after a LONG time of me trying to sign in (I had to put my ORIGINAL name?) I am finally here for the playthrough! Now, letsa go! Starting with FR because it is a newer game to me as I have only played Yellow... Yet I've beaten Emerald a dozen times.

Also, before we start I am just SO jealous of Oak. Goddamn it, he's got a Rapidash! Mine!

attachicon.gifFire Red UPR-1.png

And so, after Oak's introduction, so begins our Pokemon Journey! With our mother's encouraging... Ignorance towards our existence, we leave the house like a boss. Now, I did what any other logical person would, visit Oak's place... But no, that's not good enough for this game.

attachicon.gifFire Red UPR-2.png

attachicon.gifFire Red UPR-3.png

Today, two careers begin, ours as a Pokemaster and Oak's as a creepy child stalker! So, Oak takes us to his place where we meet Gar-, I mean Green and we are presented with three wonderful Pokémon, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander... Or so does Oak call them. I think old age is affecting him.

attachicon.gifFire Red UPR-4.png

attachicon.gifFire Red UPR-5.png

attachicon.gifFire Red UPR-6.png

So, I won't be selecting anything until the tie breaks. Personally, I ADORE Seadra and it will evolve in this playthrough without needing to trade, so don't worry.

*Notes and comments*

This playthrough enables, IMPOSSIBLE EVOLUTIONS (Aka no need to trade to evolve, or use the time system to evolve Eevee) so any Pokemon can evolve into its final stage.

Evolutions follow the normal chain. Every Pokemon is randomized so you'll rarely be seeing Pokemon in places they should normally be. Items and held items are also randomized. Same goes for Static Pokemon (However a Legendary will always be turned into a Legendary and a normal Poke will always turn into a normal poke). National Dex is enabled from the start so I can evolve Non-Kanto Pokemon and Pokemon names are not all-caps anymore because I am weird...

Ask any other question on the settings in this thread. Unfortunately, I didn't think of saving the random seed and links to ROMs are 100% Prohibited in most forums. So you can't play the same version as me, sadly.

And a question to you all: Do you enjoy this type of screenshot+commentary playthroughs? Anything you'd like improved?

FOR THE NEXT TIME: We will be picking a starter! All 3 are cool picks, with my fave being Seadra, but hey, I'd rather have ypu guys pick for me. Bye! If you want to tell me anything, send a PM or a comment in the thread.

Also, I want the permission of a mod for something. If I have a major update, may I double post? And what is the opinion on "bumping" topics on this forum?

Edit: How do I delete posts? Accidentally double posted instead of editing. Edited by NoMommaGarchomp

To delete posts, just report them to a mod, asking to have them deleted, because of accidental double. It will get fixed soon after.

I think the way you are posting is good. It was a bit short, but understandable since you couldn't make much of a choice due to the tie. I would say, maybe upload the pictures to imgur, so that they are bigger, and then post them in a spoiler tag. This way the thead does not become too big to scroll through.

To delete posts, just report them to a mod, asking to have them deleted, because of accidental double. It will get fixed soon after.

I think the way you are posting is good. It was a bit short, but understandable since you couldn't make much of a choice due to the tie. I would say, maybe upload the pictures to imgur, so that they are bigger, and then post them in a spoiler tag. This way the thead does not become too big to scroll through.

Thanks for the tip. Reported my post.

Could I put the entire part of the post with the screenshots and commentary behind a spoiler tag instead? Because I don't quite know how to use Imgur. If the Imgur way is just much more preferred, then I guess I can try.

Could I put the entire part of the post with the screenshots and commentary behind a spoiler tag instead?

That is actually what i had in mind.

Because I don't quite know how to use Imgur. If the Imgur way is just much more preferred, then I guess I can try.

Imgur would only be to host the pictures, and then you just post their url here. That way instead of attaching the images to the post, you host them on another site and they are shown in their full size (without the reader having to click on them to zoom in). Other image hosting sites can also work, like Photobucket and such. I just know imgur is a popular one.

Part 2 is upon you! Hahaha!

This time I'm holding my phone horizlntally and I wanna see if the image ia better. Anyways, this covers everything from us licking our starter to traversing a little bit of Viridian Forest. That being said, letsa go!

post-25932-0-99404100-1484154389_thumb.png

And since the poll says Seadra, we choose Seadra! I made her Seahose... Because when she is using Hydro Pump, Water Gun etc... She is spraying water... Like a hose... I'm not exactly brilliant. Anyways, Green gets Squirtle... Or so he thinks...

post-25932-0-38466600-1484154529_thumb.png

post-25932-0-16886100-1484154546_thumb.png

Sode note: I love how he is crying like a child to dear grandpa for a Pokemon yet he apparently ignores the Pokemon dear grandpa gives and he uses A FREAKING. BARBOACH. It's blasphemy I tell ya. Huh, not cool, dude.

post-25932-0-07504900-1484154683_thumb.png

Doesn't it seem a bit silly that the obligatory first battle with a rival right after getting a Pokemon ALWAYS ends up as "Spam X move" due to level 5 Pokemon's limited movepool. I mean, look at poor Barboach after two Water Guns. ..

post-25932-0-65012300-1484154830_thumb.png

Green had a revelation... Too little too late. No wonder he lost the battle when he ignored Hitmonlee and used Barboach. At least Whiscash is a pretty cool guy. Chill and relaxed.

post-25932-0-65163900-1484154942_thumb.png

Taken out of context, this quote actually sounds like a spartan talking about his son... We walk a liiiiittttle bit and we encounter our first Pokemon... Can you guess what it is?

post-25932-0-33303600-1484155001_thumb.png

HNNNNNGGGGGG, Chansey dammit. Like, it was a nightmare getting it in the Safari in Yellow yet here it is right before me, first Pokemon I see. Seahose's Water Gun is somewhat useless due to the high HP and Sp. Def of it. At least it yielded almost two full level ups. And it made Seahose a beautiful monster. Just APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY.

post-25932-0-05630700-1484155231_thumb.png

post-25932-0-31319000-1484155253_thumb.png

Voilà, the daughter of Sigurd and Seth's brokeness. Doesn't help that it is even carrying SHOCK WAVE. Too bad no one is here to learn it. We'll find someone on the road to greatness, I guess. But now, let's go to Viridian City!

post-25932-0-04337100-1484155420_thumb.png

NO. POKEBALLS.

post-25932-0-36020800-1484155451_thumb.png

Now, this handsome PokeMart clerk gave us a parcel to deliver to our dear Prof, Oak. He is lucky Red doesn't tall tbh. Why does EVERYONE abuse Red's patience? Pretty sure this was made him go nuts in Gen 2 and the subsequent Gen 4 remakes of them. He trained horribly overleveled Pokemon, climbed the highest and coldest mountain in Kanto and lived there. This is what happens when you are too smart to live with your region's population.

post-25932-0-35855600-1484155676_thumb.png

post-25932-0-57485000-1484155690_thumb.png

The bullying goes on. Oak made him his slave and Green deems hom unnecessary. More evidence to support my theory. Oh, and douchebag Green is SO proud that his sister won't give us a map. This is not Dora the Explorer. We don't need a map, scrub.

post-25932-0-15547100-1484155870_thumb.png

post-25932-0-57647300-1484155888_thumb.png

Red was trying to silently flirt best friend's sis... He just got friendzoned SO hard that she gave him a map. And obligatory "why am I cursed" inside of Red's mind. Ya know, this theory will make me a billionaire.

post-25932-0-17583700-1484156046_thumb.png

Meanwhile, Red is using Blue's pocket money to go hunting. I wonder how Red and Pink would feel with Pokemon Go's "free" pokeballs.

post-25932-0-38963000-1484156124_thumb.png

post-25932-0-66315600-1484156137_thumb.png

Pains my heart when 2 different Metagross suicide while trying to be caught. BUT NO MATTER HOW MANY BALLS I THROW THEY WON'T GET IN!

post-25932-0-87798700-1484156224_thumb.png

post-25932-0-70397800-1484156247_thumb.png

I like these 2 but... Meh. I like 90% of the Gen 1-3 Pokes but I can't use them all. And I am still traumatized by losing 2 Metagross that suicided... When I see this though, I forget all about Metagross...

post-25932-0-88160000-1484156357_thumb.png

post-25932-0-94757200-1484156380_thumb.png

post-25932-0-31823800-1484156401_thumb.png

post-25932-0-39220100-1484156421_thumb.png

Yeeeesssssss! First try catch! Not a shabby Poke either. I LOVE EXEGGUTORS. The nickname is weird but... Exeggutor somewhat reminds me of a college nerd...

post-25932-0-49169900-1484156527_thumb.png

Can't leave Viridian just yet! What about obligatory "Ya donut know how ta catch deez stuffs nah?" session where Red is underestimated... Even though, you know. He just caught the most magnificent Pokemon ever.

So, we leave Viridian. To VIRIDIAN FOREST!

post-25932-0-74203800-1484156689_thumb.png

Meh. Pory 2. One of the most original designs in the first gens but not particularly interested in it currently. Turn around and...

post-25932-0-03384600-1484156821_thumb.png

YASSSSS! PROGRESS! GO EXEGGUTOR!

post-25932-0-15644600-1484156863_thumb.png

post-25932-0-58172300-1484156881_thumb.png

Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of beauty... And as a Greek I must pay homage to my great great ancestors!... Wait, no, I just had no ideas. Yeah, that's more like me. So, we fight our first non-Turquoise trainer! Who has a Makuhita and a Ditto! post-25932-0-89752400-1484157080_thumb.png

Exeggutor OHKOs Makuhita with Confusion while Milotic beats Ditto with 1 HP... And she learns Wrap! Current moves are Wrap and Water Gun! And like all posts this must end... So, until next time, I wanna see what you guys gotta say for the style of this playthrough. I know about the pics and I am curious to see if holding the phone horizontally helped any. Bye!

Oh cool, you got a milotic! That is pretty epic, and also seems op, but then i realise that npc will have random pokemon too... Just you wait till you have to fight a team of op legendaries. That'd be something.

Also, the pictures look fine after you click them. But clicking them takes me to another page where only the picture is available. Perhaps someone more savvy in this forums working knows how to see attached pictures without having to reload the topic

This looks like you're gonna have a fun/horrifying time! Also RIP those Metagross. Did you randomize gym battles? Those tend to be tricky if you don't know their team going in.

• 2 weeks later...