Conquest - lunatic - No death - No royals - No dlc - No grind run

Playsta

Hey guys, just wondered if you are interested in following my run in Conquest.

The rules will be:

- No death -> If a unit dies (side character or Avatar) the whole game will be reset. Green units and things I have no control over is of course not included here.

- No royals -> I will not be using Xander, Elise, Camilia, Leo, (Azura will be used) the remaining royals will only be used as pair up bots for potential kids.

- No grind / no dlc -> I am not gonna be using any form of grinding that can be abused (forexample spamming Azura dance to oblivion) and will not use any dlc to lvl up characters. Paralogues and the 2-3 invasions will be used as I count them as official maps in the game.

As a ekstra note I will not be using the forge or anything that requires minerals or give small buffs in the keep. Only gonna use the Rod store and armory.

Ekstra ekstra note lol -> Will not use capture units. Not because of difficulty, but because I have never used them in general lol.

So far I have gotten to chapter 19 in my longest run with these rules. I will most likely not live through it all this time either but I thought it would be fun to show you my tactics and frustrations. Helpfull advice would always be appreciated.

Now, my team comb during the game switches a bit since I honestly go mostly after who does not get RNG screwed. However, I will be using Arthur, Mozu and Felicia during my run.

My Avatar will most likely have magic boon and speed bane.and will have monk as talent.

Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing this. :D

Note: The run will be in pictures and text since I don't have the gear to record Nintendo 3ds games.

1st run:

Chapter 1 - 2

Okay lets start this shit. (Yes I use my own real life name because I just like that for immersivenes)

zchs9XO.jpg

Starting off with chapter 1.

Brawling with Xander gains you a lvl. Not the luckiest I could get but atleast I got my main offensive and defensive gains. (Note, not gonna show every lvl up, but will show my avatars stats at the end or start of each map)

TRieZgd.jpg

Now starting chapter 2, we will gain as much xp as possible for both Felicia and the avatar. So we are gonna try to devide it as equally as possible regarding to current lvl.

Both groups will stop in front of the door, so we get a hit on to the axe guy on Rinkah's side before we switch.

NFI3xmu.jpg

Because of Gunter placement, we can utilize his personal passive to get 100% hit rate kill on the first swordsman. If you use felicia, you will either not have enough dmg or about 95% hit rate. If you should be unlucky and miss this, almost any avatar would die from the combo since the avatar is debuffed.

q9xI5kl.jpg

The melee swordsmen will either kill themselves or try to take another route around. The one with Kodachi will together will Kaze try to kill Felicia and fail. She will gain ekstra xp and Kaze is now debuffed.

POB4FJG.jpg

Because of Gunter, Rinkah is now not in position to be able to hit Felicia from the right corner. Kaze will not be able to kill her and will try to hit avatar instead. Ofc the Avatar will survive even with the sneaky little swordsman at the bottom.

nhSo0Vo.jpg

Placing Felicia on a position for maximum xp gain from Kaze. If she is unlucky, we can always swap with Avatar on the position.

0tU8iYK.jpg

Very lucky first lvl on Felicia. Almost regret calling her a whore on a daily basis now.

Ziv2c95.jpg

Felicia will take 10 dmg from Rinkah when Rinkah is full hp. When she drops health it will increase to 14 dmg. Swap around with avatar and Felicia make this fight easy to win.

WsRurHv.jpg

Avatars stats at the end of the map.

MSurJSz.jpg

Gonna be it for now since I need sleep. Will continue tomorrow. :D

Chapter 3

Starting with chapter 3 now:

We start off by blocking Hans access to the bridge so we can grap the free xp for ourself hehe.

juQ9pbh.jpg

Please have mercy Felicia.

NZunQZI.jpg

We give avatar Gunter support while making Felicia stand behind him. Felicia will survive one bowman. However, if she does not have Gunter support afterwards, she will not be able to survive a second arrow. Also she needs to have atleast gotten one defensive stat to do this, otherwise play a little more carefull and let avatar do the work in round 2 with them.

Lw4OUxd.jpg

bDQ9jIA.jpg

Whore.

8UxtbRP.jpg

Partner up Felicia with Gunter and bait one archer plus the rienforcements. If Felicia is always paired up with Gunter she will be in no danger.

gbwDFsE.jpg

Avatar will suffer no danger and sometimes even dmg if he is standing next to Felicia due to her passives.

aeQlHnv.jpg

Kill the remaining trash with Felicia so she can get to lvl 5 and get her self healing maid skill. (Cant remember its name atm lol)

4qABzy2.jpg

Using this passive you can make sure both Felicia and Avatar is fully healed doing the boss. If Felicia has taken dmg while the avatar has not. Just make the boss slap the avatar without Felicia's help and heal him afterwards.

3LNaDUi.jpg

For the top guys here. Pair Avatar up with Gunter and have Felicia near for max defense. If you're carefull about Felicia's position regarding the archers she can move up and heal the Avatar while he moves in close. With good positioning, the Archers can't get to Felicia because of the gravel around her impairs movement for them.

VMC39HJ.jpg

This should not be dangerous if you're a little carefull with our maid. Just clean up with avatar using this method and move Felicia down to capture the building after and that will end the chapter.

WPgpp2v.jpg

8fqIs9O.jpg

Chapter 4

We get to chapter 4. We will not trigger any dragon veins this map since it only hampers our potential xp gain mostly.

We start out with making our avatar go to the house to get the goddess icon. Meanwhile we pair Rinkah and Kaze up and then seperate them at maximum distance to get close enough to our enemy on the next turn.

3WXnj0A.jpg

We pair Avatar up with RInkah for def boost and attack. Kaze will follow up with a shurriken finish.

nAMdjfv.jpg

Moving Rinkah and avatar forth and seperate them so the enemy is just in the line of sight while still gaining def from mountains. Be carefull with this strategy if your avatar has been unlucky in his/hers def growths.

vR8ZmKt.jpg

Pair Rinkah up with avatar and smash them while Kaze is supporting with ranged attacks.

eRBAcS2.jpg

Using the seperate and move method we catch up on some more xp. This guy has however seal defense so he will hit quite hard.

U0UGqTk.jpg

Kaze has lvled up and gained 1 more speed. This speed is kinda crucial for the next map as it allows him to double swordsmen.

fF4drQ4.jpg

We move over and talk to our homegirl Hinoka. Sakura is "dead" and will be mostly when not sprinting towards her since one faceless always walks over the mountain and smacks her to death. This is also why I dont include green units in my no death run. It is pretty important Hinoka survives since she gives a concoction.

b4FqbbP.jpg

For the middle mountain with the boss. Simply walk over to a side and fuck them all up with Avatar/Rinkah pairup and Kaze ranged attacks. Use vulnerary as needed to keep avatar from dying since some of them has annoying passives or hit hard. If you stay at the mountain Ryoma will not run over and shit on them.

ukrnVUC.jpg

Sometimes mobs try to get around the avatar for some reason so make sure to move Kaze accordingly.

QHfDgja.jpg

And that ends chapter 4. Unfortuantly I forgot to take a pic of the avatars stats since I usually do it in the beginning of next map and well... He is a dragon in chapter 5. Sorry about that.

Some of the imgur photos are not working. I have posted most of it in here. You will have to unfortuantly scroll down to the bottom... :/

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Playsta/diary

I added them to an album on imgur site. The first 5 chapters is here!

http://imgur.com/gallery/6paQe

Edited by Playsta

Good luck!

I did a similar run myself a couple of months ago; however, I did use Xander. Leo was a pair-up bot and I only use Camilla and Elise in chapter 10. Chapter 10 is tough enough as it is, I wouldn't want to do it without Camilla. I'm not as experienced a player as most, though!

With chapters 19-22 I did find I had to get through those maps in as few turns as possible to survive; it did mean not leveling up as much as I could have done, but it was easy to be overwhelmed in those maps.

If you're going no-grind, my advice is to drop Mozu, use Niles, capture certain bosses, and abuse them. Rally Defense is really godly on Chapter 10.

The other advice is to use Beruka, promote her by Chapter 14, and get her to D Lances. Chapter 19 should no longer be a problem.

If you're going no-grind, my advice is to drop Mozu, use Niles, capture certain bosses, and abuse them. Rally Defense is really godly on Chapter 10.

The other advice is to use Beruka, promote her by Chapter 14, and get her to D Lances. Chapter 19 should no longer be a problem.

Mozu usually ends up being one of my carries. Its very unusual for her to be a bane on the team. Never use the capture function for some reason, not really because of ekstra diffculty. Just dislike it for some reason lol. I am thinking about Beruka though, she usually becomes quite the beast.

Good luck!, I am quite interested in this because I am pretty bad at Fire Emblem and wouldn't be able to play Conquest on Lunatic with Royals and DLC, let alone without those things. Will be following closely.

Having glanced over the post, my only comments are...

1. I don't necessarily see why banning Forges is a thing, but if you really want to, go for it.

2. Why in the world are you picking a Speed bane? Like, I can only assume you want Corrin to focus on the Dragonstone, but the Levin Sword exists for a reason.

3. Go ahead and use Azura. I don't see a problem with using a character you literally cannot replicate the function of with anyone else.

4. I'm fine with people like Camilla ad Xander becoming Pair Up bots, as it's an angle they are rarely approached from.

Edited by Avalanche

2. Why in the world are you picking a Speed bane? Like, I can only assume you want Corrin to focus on the Dragonstone, but the Levin Sword exists for a reason.

This. -Spd makes your Kamui easier to double and hampers his/her evasion: such a drop in durability seems pretty bad in a run that is completely reset every time a unit dies.

This was the first thing I thought of off the top of my head I'd see fit to gripe about - a Speed bane is just asking for trouble.

Haha I knew people would hate me for the speed bane. :D

Here is the explanation. Since I am going to use units that going to use my goddess icons, it is sometimes a bit risky to pick an unlucky bane. The speed bane only gives -1 speed and - 10% speed growth, - 5% skill and luck while the unlucky bane gives - 25% in luck and 5% in strenght and magic, while also giving - 3 luck. Now I know that the speed stat is more important than luck, however it is so easy to recover from the speed bane that I barely notice that I have it honestly. You still have a 45% growth in speed while only 30% in luck if you take unlucky. It is just making sure I have an extreme balanced growth rate. I know I am not going to potentially double stuff, but I plan on making corrin an healer/tank.

I forgot to add that I am going monk as a second class option. Which is also a bit of the reason why the boon and bane.

Edited by Playsta

I have decided to do it and I am working on the run atm. I will be using Azura since I am worried about later maps without her honestly. Also gonna use the Royals as pair up bots for kids. Now for the last question I have. Do you guys think it is okay to use Nosferatu, or do people still consider it cheesy to use? With all the nerfs, I am always in a debate if it is still too powerfull for maingame, even with the insane price.

Generally, Luck only really matters if you have A LOT of it (like Donny in Awakening tier) or very little (like Arthur and Nyx). Even with a Luck Bane, Corrin will generally be fine hit rate wise. Even without it, Skill and Luck Tonics and help patch up unlikely hit rates. Even if you don't want to change Corrin's role, go with a different Flaw than Speed (my recommendation is Luck). It will make the early game of Conquest (especially 7 and 10 where Corrin really needs to play an offensive role) more manageable.

Edited by Avalanche

Having glanced over the post, my only comments are...

1. I don't necessarily see why banning Forges is a thing, but if you really want to, go for it.

3. Go ahead and use Azura. I don't see a problem with using a character you literally cannot replicate the function of with anyone else.

4. I'm fine with people like Camilla ad Xander becoming Pair Up bots, as it's an angle they are rarely approached from.

About the forge, I see both the forge and almost other castle stuff as a "luck of the draw". Meaning if you start with the right mineral you will get a lot out of it. I just dont like the feature because of that. :D

Generally, Luck only really matters if you have A LOT of it (like Donny in Awakening tier) or very little (like Arthur and Nyx). Even with a Luck Bane, Corrin will generally be fine hit rate wise. Even without it, Skill and Luck Tonics and help patch up unlikely hit rates. Even if you don't want to change Corrin's role, go with a different Flaw than Speed (my recommendation is Luck). It will make the early game of Conquest (especially 7 and 10 where Corrin really needs to play an offensive role) more manageable.

If this run fails, I will use unlucky bane in the next run. Usually get pretty good speed anyways with the speed bane with good hitrate because of awesome luck. :D I do see your point though if I get RNG screwed because of the bane.

You have a point, but I'd rather not recommend making the main character the second coming of Arthur when it takes two points of luck to get one point of crit evade, Nohr Noble doesn't give more luck on promotion, and the luck growth goes down to 25%. And that ain't getting into the part where some late game boss fights are much more likely to go awry if you have crap for luck.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

You have a point, but I'd rather not recommend making the main character the second coming of Arthur when it takes two points of luck to get one point of crit evade, Nohr Noble doesn't give more luck on promotion, and the luck growth goes down to 25%.

Not that this point doesn't have merrit, but it's pretty darn hard to make Corrin even close to Arthur tier unlucky. Even with a Luck flaw, they still have +2 Luck on him, with 15% higher Growth as a Nohr Noble. Arthur will literally never reach that on average in 1st tier without stat boosters. Plus, Corrin doesn't have to deal with his personal Skill. Finallt, while neither are reliable, there is a difference between a 25% Growth and a 10% Growth.

Edited by Avalanche

I don't know. Have fun gimping the offense your most versatile and 2nd best offensive unit (after Xander, arguably). I trust that you know what you're doing, I would never even have the courage to attempt such a thing.

About Banes... no one ever did -Res? Enemy mages hit hella hard with anything but a +Res Boon and the -5% Spd is plenty tolerable (contrary to -Spd).

Not that this point doesn't have merrit, but it's pretty darn hard to make Corrin even close to Arthur tier unlucky. Even with a Luck flaw, they still have +2 Luck on him, with 15% higher Growth as a Nohr Noble. Arthur will literally never reach that on average in 1st tier without stat boosters. Plus, Corrin doesn't have to deal with his personal Skill. Finallt, while neither are reliable, there is a difference between a 25% Growth and a 10% Growth.

Okay, so I may have exaggerated, but still, I'd rather not have to play the "Will the enemy I'm facing get a critical hit?" Roulette every time my main character, or anyone else for that matter, enters combat, especially when I have to start the whole run over if anyone dies. And then there's the matter of the late game bosses that tend to have high crit rates, and Ryoma especially.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I don't know. Have fun gimping the offense your most versatile and 2nd best offensive unit (after Xander, arguably). I trust that you know what you're doing, I would never even have the courage to attempt such a thing.

About Banes... no one ever did -Res? Enemy mages hit hella hard with anything but a +Res Boon and the -5% Spd is plenty tolerable (contrary to -Spd).

I tried that once and I honestly still only had 1 res at lvl 11. It gets to like 20% which is kinda likely to fuck you too hard later unfortuantly.

Okay lets start this shit. (Yes I use my own real life name because I just like that for immersivenes)

zchs9XO.jpg

Starting off with chapter 1.

Brawling with Xander gains you a lvl. Not the luckiest I could get but atleast I got my main offensive and defensive gains. (Note, not gonna show every lvl up, but will show my avatars stats at the end or start of each map)

TRieZgd.jpg

Now starting chapter 2, we will gain as much xp as possible for both Felicia and the avatar. So we are gonna try to devide it as equally as possible regarding to current lvl.

Both groups will stop in front of the door, so we get a hit on to the axe guy on Rinkah's side before we switch.

NFI3xmu.jpg

Because of Gunter placement, we can utilize his personal passive to get 100% hit rate kill on the first swordsman. If you use felicia, you will either not have enough dmg or about 95% hit rate. If you should be unlucky and miss this, almost any avatar would die from the combo since the avatar is debuffed.

q9xI5kl.jpg

The melee swordsmen will either kill themselves or try to take another route around. The one with Kodachi will together will Kaze try to kill Felicia and fail. She will gain ekstra xp and Kaze is now debuffed.

POB4FJG.jpg

Because of Gunter, Rinkah is now not in position to be able to hit Felicia from the right corner. Kaze will not be able to kill her and will try to hit avatar instead. Ofc the Avatar will survive even with the sneaky little swordsman at the bottom.

nhSo0Vo.jpg

Placing Felicia on a position for maximum xp gain from Kaze. If she is unlucky, we can always swap with Avatar on the position.

0tU8iYK.jpg

Very lucky first lvl on Felicia. Almost regret calling her a whore on a daily basis now.

Ziv2c95.jpg

Felicia will take 10 dmg from Rinkah when Rinkah is full hp. When she drops health it will increase to 14 dmg. Swap around with avatar and Felicia make this fight easy to win.

WsRurHv.jpg

MSurJSz.jpg

Gonna be it for now since I need sleep. Will continue tomorrow. :D

Edited by Playsta

1. Is this going to be a log?

2. The reason why you'll want to stick with someone that isn't Mozu is because you're not grinding, which means experience is limited. Niles will work off the bat, net you units that you can use and dispose of as necessary, and can offer utility via Adventurer, or attempt some offense as a Bow Knight. Nina's paralogue gives you a free Shining Bow, along with some other goodies. In other words, I think Niles will be a much better investment in terms of both utility and training than Mozu. But, what do I know?

Another question I have is, why are you set on using Arthur?

Because I have become stubborn om using him even though his rng clearly hates me. You can call it another difficulty challenge... xD

1. Is this going to be a log?

2. The reason why you'll want to stick with someone that isn't Mozu is because you're not grinding, which means experience is limited. Niles will work off the bat, net you units that you can use and dispose of as necessary, and can offer utility via Adventurer, or attempt some offense as a Bow Knight. Nina's paralogue gives you a free Shining Bow, along with some other goodies. In other words, I think Niles will be a much better investment in terms of both utility and training than Mozu. But, what do I know?

Unfortuantly I see no other option than making it a log(ish) thing where I explain whats going on since I can't record it. :/

Niles is great and I will be potentially using him if his first lvl ups are great. However, much of the roles he can do is already filled by a character like Felicia and Kaze. That being either a mage killer or a potential healer. If you play Mozu's paralogue right, you should only miss out on like a half a lvl on each of your current characters, while Mozu should be at lvl 9 - 10 at the end. It is such a little difference to me when I am getting a insane sniper or general tank. (Depends on her growths)

Starting with chapter 3 now:

We start off by blocking Hans access to the bridge so we can grap the free xp for ourself hehe.

juQ9pbh.jpg

Please have mercy Felicia.

NZunQZI.jpg

We give avatar Gunter support while making Felicia stand behind him. Felicia will survive one bowman. However, if she does not have Gunter support afterwards, she will not be able to survive a second arrow. Also she needs to have atleast gotten one defensive stat to do this, otherwise play a little more carefull and let avatar do the work in round 2 with them.

Lw4OUxd.jpg

bDQ9jIA.jpg

Whore.

8UxtbRP.jpg

Partner up Felicia with Gunter and bait one archer plus the rienforcements. If Felicia is always paired up with Gunter she will be in no danger.

gbwDFsE.jpg

Avatar will suffer no danger and sometimes even dmg if he is standing next to Felicia due to her passives.

aeQlHnv.jpg

Kill the remaining trash with Felicia so she can get to lvl 5 and get her self healing maid skill. (Cant remember its name atm lol)

4qABzy2.jpg

Using this passive you can make sure both Felicia and Avatar is fully healed doing the boss. If Felicia has taken dmg while the avatar has not. Just make the boss slap the avatar without Felicia's help and heal him afterwards.

3LNaDUi.jpg

For the top guys here. Pair Avatar up with Gunter and have Felicia near for max defense. If you're carefull about Felicia's position regarding the archers she can move up and heal the Avatar while he moves in close. With good positioning, the Archers can't get to Felicia because of the gravel around her impairs movement for them.

VMC39HJ.jpg

This should not be dangerous if you're a little carefull with our maid. Just clean up with avatar using this method and move Felicia down to capture the building after and that will end the chapter.

WPgpp2v.jpg

8fqIs9O.jpg

Edited by Playsta