Ys 1 Time Attack in 4:32

Jedi

I managed this, probably the best run I'll ever get, I was actually so proud of this I had to share it, i'm sure theres better ones out there but, man this was a good run for me (and partly lucky). Especially after like 20ish tries lol 

Shoutouts to PKLucas and SeverIan for tips 

Edited by Jedi

Holy shit Jedi took all the RNG manipulation he's practiced in FE and put to it use vs Dark Fact.

Still find it funny how much longer Vagullion was than anything else. Looks so tedious haha.

Holy shit Jedi took all the RNG manipulation he's practiced in FE and put to it use vs Dark Fact.

Still find it funny how much longer Vagullion was than anything else. Looks so tedious haha.

Vagullion is the worst on Nightmare mode, because the little bats do so much damage. Thankfully Time Attack is more scaled to (Normal I think) damage.

This is the Complete ver. WR to my knowledge, though some version differences between Chronicles+ exist (the Steam leaderboards have some lower times of heavily questionable legitimacy). He even has a 2:21 TAS where the menu is exploited to skip RNs on Vagullion, haha.

I guess your Yogleks & Omulgun tech has some pretty noticeable room for improvement, but pretty solid overall, certainly better than what I have! All the RNG involved (esp w/ Vagullion) unfortunately tends to kill all enthusiasm to grind for a better time.

This is the Complete ver. WR to my knowledge, though some version differences between Chronicles+ exist (the Steam leaderboards have some lower times of heavily questionable legitimacy). He even has a 2:21 TAS where the menu is exploited to skip RNs on Vagullion, haha.

I guess your Yogleks & Omulgun tech has some pretty noticeable room for improvement, but pretty solid overall, certainly better than what I have! All the RNG involved (esp w/ Vagullion) unfortunately tends to kill all enthusiasm to grind for a better time.

Oh man thats great, stupid menu exploits hahahaha.

Yeah this was one of my worst Yogieks & Omuigun runs, I'm a little sad at that, but the amazing fortune I had with Vagullions rng and Dark Fact kinda makes it up to me.

I don't know the game well at all but it looks like you managed to get something down pretty well

Good job

Thanks! Maybe you should try the Ys games sometime, although this one and 2 are the only ones that use this weirder "Bump" system, if you like hack n slash style gameplay at all you might enjoy the other ones on Steam.

On 1/11/2017 at 5:03 AM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Not worth playing since you've played Chronicles. I think it has a bit of screen crunch that's very noticeable and the music quality is pretty obvious too.

This was back when Chronicles was JP only.

Ah, I heard it had like some extra bosses and such, but yeah screen-crunch isn't fun.