What Fire Emblem Should I play now?

mrsplit2

What FE game should I play now?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What FE game should I play now?

• Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light (FE 1)
    • Fire Emblem Gaiden
    • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
    • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Shin Patch)
    • Fire Emblem: Archanea Saga
    • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
    • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    • Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~
    • Fire Emblem Awakening
    • Fire Emblem Fates Birthright
    • Fire Emblem Fates Conquest
    • Fire Emblem Fates Revelations

I am going to play blind/blindly!

I excluded GBA games, because I want some fresh air.

I am going to use Shin Patch on FE 4, 'cause I love challenge and some balance ^-^

I am going to post my playthrough on forum, or at least try.

Feel free to vote!

And also feel free to tell me, why'd you exactly choosed this game.

Feel free to tell me the tips about the game you chosen!

Thanks for voting and posting :D

Edited by mrsplit2

Well, if you've got the possibility, why not start from the first game? It's a pretty fun experience aside from the inventory management.

Other than that, I'd go with the Tellius series for the most complete world and Radiant Dawn's mostly stellar cast and character interactions, Awakening for the most charming experience and Conquest for the best maps.

I voted for a game I haven't even played myself (FE9), but the Tellius games really seem nice. So far I can recommend FE10, too.
If you want to buy a game and get the most out of it, I'd probably recommend any of the Fates games (especially Revelation), since you have all the online options there. Don't expect too much from any of the Fates games' story and gameplay, though. Conquest has fun maps at least. (PMUs are especially fun thanks to Marriage Seals and Friendship Seals)

If you seek good gameplay, you should play New Mystery of the Emblem (it is a sequel to Shadow Dragon though so play that first if you don't like starting with sequels). The A.I. in this game is clever enough to not fall for bait and switch tactics and they are placed cleverly enough so that you need a decent plan to break through their formations. The gaps between all the difficulties in this game is not too large either so this is probably the best Fire Emblem game to slowly but surely improve your skill with.

If you seek a decent story that has a fair share of characters with decent characterization, you should play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. There is also an interesting mechanic called Bonus Experience (which is earned by doing certain tasks in each chapter), where you can give it to characters in the Base so they can catch up if they fall behind or if you just want to make somebody overpowered.

If you seek an experience that is quite different from a typical Fire Emblem game, you should play any of the first five Fire Emblem games (be warned though, these games has its fair share of cryptic content). Thracia 776 especially has quite a bit of game mechanics that makes it unique from the rest (One of them being Capturing, where you can rescue enemies after killing them and being able to trade their weapons to you. Another being Fatigue, which makes it so that units cannot be deployed in a chapter if they have been overexerted. There are just two of quite a bit more game mechanics).

So in short, you can't really go wrong with any game.