An Alternative Personal Skill for Corrin

Quetzalcoatl

In Conquest, Corrin is apparently constantly sparing all his enemies, so what better personal skill for him to have than Mercy.

If you don't know, Mercy is skill from Radiant Dawn that prevents that unit from killing an enemy unit;instead, reducing their HP to 1, and if it is already at 1, missing them.

He would literally be sparing everybody...and completely incapable of killing them,so that would be interesting.

How about it? How would Conquest play if Corrin had Mercy?

Badly. Corrin would be really far behind on experience gain, since (s)he'd miss every single kill.

It's not a bad idea, but I think this is one of those times where gameplay and story shouldn't follow each other.

There are certain points in the story in which Corrin wouldn't hesitate to kill somebody, mainly if that somebody is undead (ie. Faceless) or has proven to be beyond redemption (ie. Garon in Birthright).

Could always have some fun with Takumi's Shinai though.

Even if Kamui were an enforced sorta-pacifist, it still wouldn't explain how or why his other soldiers don't kill. I can believe him sparing SOME people but sparing everyone is absurd. Maybe this Mercy skill could give you bonus exp in lieu of the exp you'd get for a normal kill. The attack would do less damage but result in the enemy being removed from the field, the same way the Capture skills work.

Edited by NekoKnight

There are certain points in the story in which Corrin wouldn't hesitate to kill somebody, mainly if that somebody is undead (ie. Faceless) or has proven to be beyond redemption (ie. Garon in Birthright).

Could always have some fun with Takumi's Shinai though.

Ah yes, one of my favourite weapons.... #BlameTakumi

Also, while Mercy would work on paper, I doubt it would work out in the game for the obvious reasons that Corrin only gets staves without keeping the talent in mind in the Hoshido Noble class (i.e. he's not guaranteed staves. Bit difficult to level with only combat exp. Especially as Conquest doesn't get that class at all).

This sounds like a fun challenge, like that Sonic 2 Rom hack where he gets slower the more rings he collects. It'd make the game interesting, but I'm glad there's some "gameplay story segregation" here.

We already have weapons that leave enemies at 1 hp

It's too dangerous to have as leaving an enemy alive could kill one of your other units

It could work as a menu command, then again it could be broken as you could make it way too easy to train up Mozu and the other soldiers.

Edited by Captain Karnage

Skill ideas

Charismatic: Allies within 2 spaces gain +2 of avatar's boon stat.

Pacifist: Grants access to stealth command. Stealth can be used once per battle and enemies can't attack you, but you can't attack them. Lasts 1-2 turns.

name N/A: May negate counter-attack when attacking an enemy. (Trigger skill%)

You can remove skills though so it's not a total loss ((though I still think it's a bad idea)). Mercy was pretty bad in FE10 though ((at least it made sense in the one map it was forced in)) and I would like to never see it again.

[spoiler=Conquest]Also Corrin had zero problem killing Shura if you choose boots

Edited by Darros of Christmas Past

Terrible, not being able to kill would be a serious problem. I'd totally be in for Corrin having different personals based on his route of choice. How's this

-Birthright: Beacon of Hope: Allies within 2 tile radius have Hit +10 and Damage Taken -2

-Conquest: Turncoat Prince: Enemies within 2 tile radius have Avoid -10 and Damage Taken +2

-Revelations: his current personal, Supportive

That sounds like the worst skill ever created and makes me want to play Radiant Dawn even less.

It actually isn't that bad of a skill in context. Only one character has it, Eincia who is a Tier 3 unit with an army of Tier 2 units, so it is quite good for feeding kills to weaker units either in Part 2 where she'said a higher tier than everyone else or in Part 4 where there is a great grinding chapter.

Anyways, Mercy is a removable skill, so you can just take it off between chapters.

It actually isn't that bad of a skill in context. Only one character has it, Eincia who is a Tier 3 unit with an army of Tier 2 units, so it is quite good for feeding kills to weaker units either in Part 2 where she'said a higher tier than everyone else or in Part 4 where there is a great grinding chapter.

Anyways, Mercy is a removable skill, so you can just take it off between chapters.

That I didn't know (love anything that makes grinding easier), but personal skills aren't removable (unless future games say other wise) so it being a force to have skill makes Corrin unusable which is bad for a character is forced in general. Weapons like Niles Bow and Takumi's Shinai already serve that purpose.

I feel Corrin should have been the one with capture. That would have made more sense. Then you really could spare a ton of people. Or... Corrin could at any rate.

Other than "how does capturing as a dragon work?", I like this a lot. It frees up Orochi/Niles for different skills.

Other than "how does capturing as a dragon work?", I like this a lot. It frees up Orochi/Niles for different skills.

Niles: sadistic - a normal attack command that will leave the enemy with 1 hp if the attack hits

Orochi:FELLAS, DON'T BREAK EYE CONTACT - male enemies loose 15 hit 15 dodge when attacking

I feel Corrin should have been the one with capture. That would have made more sense. Then you really could spare a ton of people. Or... Corrin could at any rate.

I think capture should be an item or a class skill, since it is worthless in combat. Like when handcuffs are in inventory grants unit capture command. They can be bought for a cheap price at your local prison.

I think capture should be an item or a class skill, since it is worthless in combat. Like when handcuffs are in inventory grants unit capture command. They can be bought for a cheap price at your local prison.

Capture was a common skill that everyone had back in Thracia 776. In fact, it was quite integral to the game as the lack of weapons necessitated capturing enemy units; lest, the player ran out of weapons. In addition, capturing certain enemy units (and having your own units captured as enemies had access to the capture skill as well) opened up Gaiden/story-relevant Paralogue for the player.

Fates brought back several classic Fire Emblem skills that every unit once had access to such as Shelter(Rescue) which is now a Cavalier of only skill and Shove which is an Oni Savage skill, and while the reinclusion of these skills is welcome, I do wish that every unit had them like in past FEs.

Capture was a common skill that everyone had back in Thracia 776. In fact, it was quite integral to the game as the lack of weapons necessitated capturing enemy units; lest, the player ran out of weapons. In addition, capturing certain enemy units (and having your own units captured as enemies had access to the capture skill as well) opened up Gaiden/story-relevant Paralogue for the player.

Fates brought back several classic Fire Emblem skills that every unit once had access to such as Shelter(Rescue) which is now a Cavalier of only skill and Shove which is an Oni Savage skill, and while the reinclusion of these skills is welcome, I do wish that every unit had them like in past FEs.

I've played with shelter/rescue, heard of shove, and knew that capture once existed.