Pegasus Knights VS Wyvern Riders

Harvey

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Pegasus Knights
    • Wyren Riders

If I felt that Pegasus Knights were better then, logically speaking, I wouldn't hate them, would I?

You can dislike "better" things.

i.e. Plenty of people aren't fans of the statistically superior football teams in the NFL for instance.

You also evidently hate most early-game prepromotes, which implies that you dislike good units.

Making the game harder for yourself is your own fault and doesn't reflect on Sumia's quality.

Nobody is making the game harder for themselves, what are you talking about? And yes, it does. Did you even read my posts? Like I said, why should I be forced to put one unit with another just to make them better when I can go use a different unit that doesn't need so much help to be really good in the end?

Sumia has little quality as far as I can see while Cordelia has a lot and that's that.

People probably shouldn't be allowed to comment without having at least some basic knowledge of how to play competitively.

Remember, PEMN. I like Marcia more than Tanith, but Tanith is much easier to use in many ways.

Edited by Freyjadour

You also evidently hate most early-game prepromotes, which implies that you dislike good units.

Seems like you're jumping to conclusions on that one...

People probably shouldn't be allowed to comment without having at least some basic knowledge of how to play competitively.

Fire Emblem isn't a competitive game.

Remember, PEMN.

If this was a debate or tier list thread, yes. However, this is an opinion thread, so here the whole PEMN arguement is a load of rubbish.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Logically speaking, it's a fair assumption to make. You did mention that your views in your sig should be known, and your Peg Knight & Earlygame Prepromotes are even in the same line.

If it was purely a matter of aesthetics, then I surely would prefer the pretty-looking women pegasi-riders, instead of the dude riding the wyvern.

Hey, I thought it would have been rude to assume! Besides, surely a really manly dude on a wyvern could look cool despite its lack of boobs!

Two of my favourite FE characters are Wyvern Riders, Trabant and Narshen, but the likes of Tate and Tanith are still pretty cool. From a mechanical point of view, I probably prefer Pegasi though, mostly because they tend to come earlier and generally have more utility.

In terms of characters, I would go for Pegasus Knights because they have all seemed very likable and I'm a sucker for the pegasus trio archetype that hasn't been in a FE game for a while.

However, I voted for Wyverns for the sake of their combat potential and I love the idea of a defensive flying unit.

Nobody is making the game harder for themselves, what are you talking about? And yes, it does. Did you even read my posts? Like I said, why should I be forced to put one unit with another just to make them better when I can go use a different unit that doesn't need so much help to be really good in the end?

do you know of the concept of resonance? basically, there's an optimal option. yes sumia by herself may or may not be anything too special, but the fact remains that there exists a way to make sumia superior to the majority of the cast - and that's by pairing her up with frederick. and there's no better pairup for frederick either. that means it's mutually optimal...

Sumia has little quality as far as I can see while Cordelia has a lot and that's that.

oh come on, "that's that" isn't a thing people say, because it's saying "i disregard everything you say and i just keep stating my opinion"

If this was a debate or tier list thread, yes. However, this is an opinion thread, so here the whole PEMN arguement is a load of rubbish.

if someone is saying something is better they're stating something as if it were a fact; in which case the fact police will come in

if someone is stating their opinion, and the reason why is based in gameplay, then people will have an opinion about it

finally, if someone posts an opinion, it's not immune to criticism.

Wyverns are super cool and I like their armor and designs better than those sissy pegs but those sissy pegs can carry around units like Seth earlier than the super cool wyverns so they're better. Except in games where busted wyverns like Miledy/Haar/Camilla exist.

I mean FE3 Sheeda was broken for me, It might just be my luck but my Sheeda crit way to much. and with the dismount system I guess she wasn't really a pegasus... definitely beat minerva in my opinion. However after the snes engine passed Wyverns ran supreme in the GBA titles (Cormag is an exception)

if a character was in a game where every enemy's stats averaged 5 and your stats cap at 20, you're a better character in your game than someone who had every stat capped at 35 but enemies had 45 on average

raw stats aren't good for cross-game comparisons

Wyverns are tanks and have better strength, but they suck against magic. Wind magic will only dent a Pegasus, but will severely damage a Wyvern.

Then again, the opposite is true for arrows, so there's that.

Pegasi are usually faster, too, which can be important.

1-on-1 the Wyvern always wins, though, because axes beat lances.

Pegasi died the moment they lost Swords.

In all seriousness, it depends on the game. In most cases though, I'd say Pegasi > Wyvern.

Maaaaybe a little biased considering it's my favorite class before they lost Swords.