Best Pokemon Evil Team

Marz

Hello, all! so this is a pretty simple question. In YOUR opinion which Pokemon Evil Team is the best, what I mean is what Evil Team was the most just in their actions and what Evil Team's motives made sense to you.

Personally, I'd have to go with Team Plasma from Black and White and Black2 and White2. I think N and Ghestis were pretty interesting ESPECIALLY N. I loved how in Black2 and White2 there were 2 sides of Team Plasma. The "Black and White" if you may.

N's squad was the one that wanted Pokemon to live alongside humans in peace, while Ghetsis' Team was all about "Liberation". of Pokemon. N was super interesting as a character. He actually had a pretty reasonable motive to be how he is in the games and I feel like he is the most compelling and well-written Pokemon Villian/Character out there.

That's just my opinion anyways, what do you think. I'm probably just ranting about how good N is.

I believe that the Black and White games will remain my favorite Pokemon Game in terms of story (I still like the gameplay) for a long time.

Sun and Moon's story was good. Guzma and -------- were ok, I didn't expect -------- to go crazy like that when you fought.

Team Plasma for me as well. Though that's at least in part because of how fond I am of N, part Gen V bias, part because Colress, and part because of Special.

I'm quite fond of N's development in Black/White, and how Colress is deliberately contrasted with him in ideology. I'm also fond of N's quite different Special portrayal.

Special/Games spoilers:

Ghetsis gets bonus hate-ability points for essentially killing Black by sealing him in the Light Stone with Reshiram. Granted, Black will likely be reawakened in BW2, but the general intention of the act was clearly to be a permanent cover for Black's victory, and essentially getting him out of Team Plasma's hair.

And he gets away, unlike in the games. No breakdown, just smugly disposing of the Hero and the Dragon. He doesn't get caught. The games make you hate him, Special just turns his hate-ability up to eleven.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It's been a while since I have played the Unova games and that's why I completely forgot about Colress.

Colress is interesting, I don't remember much about him since it's been a while but from what I remember, I liked him. He was just mysterious and I feel as though his appearance in the new games means that he is going to be a significant character in the upcoming games.

Team Plasma's my favorite too. They just felt so...substantive, I guess. It always felt like it was more to them than the other teams, and it probably helps that unlike pretty much every other team they're not entirely made up of idiots (Galactic, original Aqua and Magma), jerks (Rocket, remake Aqua and Magma) or idiotic jerks (Flare).

Edited by AzureSen

My favorite team was Team Cipher because not only that a lot of people has no idea about who they are but they actually did something evil (Shadow Pokémon)

But now my favorite is Team Skull because every time I see them, I can't stop smiling because of how they walk and how goofy they look. I also really like their theme.

Edited by Nym

I would say my favorite evil team is Plasma but mostly because of N and Colress. Though since they're not really evil I can't really count them. So I'd say Cipher from Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. I loved the idea of the Shadow Pokemon, some of the characters from Cipher were really memorable and I mean, they not only managed to get their hands on Lugia but turn it into an "unpurifiable" Shadow Pokemon as well so they kinda got stuff done.

Edited by KimJongTsun

Team Plazma and Gen VII are the best by far.

Rocket, Magma and Aqua should cower in fear of Plazma and that VII is all done on a whim of a Pokemon that probably no one will want to use unless you want something evil crawling around. -.-

The Kanto plot is brought too much in the series especially about Lusamine and the Nugget Bridge joke by Malie Garden.

Seconding the Plasma love! I adore N, honestly, and BW has my favorite story among the games. Sun/Moon does come pretty close, though, with its story and Team Skull. I like Guzma a lot, too. ;o;

I have not played the gen 5 games. I would say 2nd place: gen 4's team galactic and 1st place: gen 7's (spoilers, so I will not say). I include gen 4 because, yes, they are clearly evil and have no deep motive, but that does not make them terrible villains (Ganondorf is a fantastic villain and he needed no deep personal motive in Ocarina of Time or any of the games before then). They seek to control the main legendary, and, unlike Team Magma/Aqua, they actually know what they are doing and are briefly able to control the legendary pokemon. They are not fantastic villains by any means, but I liked them a lot more than the previous three (Rocket and Magma/Aqua). Gen 6 was not the best (and a good example of how a villain with a deep personal motive for his ambition can still not be done well).

Gen 7 however was pretty darn good. The group(spoiler: s) were a pretty good change of pace, and, though most of it is only learned afterwards, the backstory behind the villains was pretty interesting and well thought-out. It worked very well. My only real criticism would be (SPOILERS: READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME: the villains dump the Ultra Beasts onto the Alola Region, and that is supposed to be potentially catastrophic, especially given that, according to the old book you find, the previous invasion of Ultra Beasts was only beaten back by the combined efforts of the Island Guardians and Solgaleo/Lunaala. Not only do I feel it would have been great if Guzma was hoping they would wreak havoc upon the Alola Region, thus potentially tearing down the system he blamed for all his woes, but I would have liked it if the Ultra Beasts had been more of an in-story threat, rather than a post-game Pokémon scavenger hunt).

Edited by vanguard333

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always liked Team Rocket for being just sort of generally evil.  They don't seem to have any sort of master plan or purpose; they just exist to use Pokémon to do bad things.  What sorts of bad things, you ask?  Don't you worry your pretty, little heads about it; just know that they're BAD...THINGS...

While I certainly love sympathetic villains and grandiose schemes, it's sometimes refreshing to just sit back and appreciate the simpler villainies in life.

• 2 months later...

Team Flare for actually recalling real-life European right-wing politics. They actually recall the "resources are dwindling, so let only the most worthy/strongest survive" that Nazi Germany's used as the Lebensraum theory. Plus, the "beauty of Kalos" recalls the grandiose statements from nationalistic politicians, such as Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again", or Shinzo Abe's "Towards a Beautiful Nation", or any of Hitler/Mussolini's retorics. Even better, there was a French cosmetic magnate (Francois Coty) who campaigned for this sort of right-wing doctrine in the 1930s, which really fit how Lysandre can also be a right-wing nut job in Poke-France obsessed with looking beautiful and fashionable, who may or may not join forces with Jean Marie Le Pen.

I've been writing my headcanons for a fictional history account of Poke-Japan, but ironically, Team Flare was the easiest to make headcanons of, and also required very little of them for the above reasons. The most difficult? Either Team Plasma or Team Galactic. The one requiring the most headcanons? A three-way-tie between Team Aqua/Magma, Team Galactic, and Team Rocket.

Edited by henrymidfields

I thought people hated Team Plasma...? I guess not. I don't care for them, they're too weird and just uninteresting.

Galactic is the best, imo, though I do have some gen 4 bias there. Cyrus was kind of badass, I like the uniforms, and I can actually understand Cyrus's motives and such here, unlike the other team leaders (except N, though he wasn't really a leader, more like a puppet for Ghetsis). I found him relatable for this reason. He just wanted less conflict and struggles, and more peace, basically. Don't we all want that too? It's just that he went about it the wrong way.

Also, they actually used major weapons! They blew up stuff! lol The only other team to do this was Flare, and they kind of failed anyway (the Ultimate Weapon, remember. But it ended up doing almost nothing in the end).

Second would be Magma. I just like their uniforms and the idea of more land is good in my book (so long as there's still enough ocean too though). Maxie is pretty cool too.

Edited by Anacybele