Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed.

Jedi

I'm honestly baffled that no one has tought about the clearly best candidate: Rhythm Heaven/Paradise.

No okay, I would really like to see a FE Warriors. If only to see various characters from different FE Games interact between each other.

And this is why I'd want to see FE Warriors, I hope people don't take my previous post as a "I don't want an FE warriors" I'm just explaining why I think it might not be the most likely.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE無双(FE Musou) please.

Midorikawa voiced Marth slashing generics with the Falchion sounds fun.

Even if it does just end up being generic grunts like in Hyrule Warriors to ease the localization load.

And with all the magic attacks they did with Zelda, Link's fire rod and such... mages in FE could be creative.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If FE Warriors happens, I'm kinda torn of what I'd prefer. A game that focuses on one or two universes but with a more compelling, believable story? Or a game that features every FE universe but the story is incredibly bare bones?

I mean, Hyrule Warriors is more leaned to the latter, and there isn't much character interaction as a result.

Animal Crossing. I sound like a broken record at this point, but Fire Emblem really is the most logical and natural choice for the formula. And with how they did DLC for HW, I feel like the cast could be huge! But there's of course the worry that there'd be mostly Awakening and Fates characters, which would be a shame.

I have a feeling that it could be Pokemon, though. There's just so much to work with, and it's one of Nintendo's biggest IPs so...

Clearly, it should be Pikmin Warriors.

Really though, can't say I have a real preference as to an exact series. Maybe just do it mega-crossover like Smash. Or the FE bandwagon. Maybe Pokémon?

That said though, if it does end up being something like FE with all that can of worms about the spread of representation... well, what happens, happens. As the saying goes: "Please all, and you will please none". I wouldn't mind if it's just one continent represented...

Personally, I would only want a FE Warriors if they adapted one of the games. I'm not a huge fan of worlds colliding stories, and I think most Fire Emblem leads are too derivative to have a satisfying diversity in the roster.

I do think however that Kid Icarus would make a good Warriors title. Uprising introduced a lot of quirky characters and weapons that would give the game some much needed variety.

Personally, I would only want a FE Warriors if they adapted one of the games. I'm not a huge fan of worlds colliding stories, and I think most Fire Emblem leads are too derivative to have a satisfying diversity in the roster.

Well I don't think it would be entirely necessary to use all the lords from the series. I'm sure if they did pull characters from all the games the only lords we'd probably get are the ones everyone knows from Smash and then a bunch of misc party members from all the other games. Personally the main reason I want Fire Emblem Warriors is to see the villains they'd bring in. Garon bores me as a character but I can imagine him being fun to play as in a Warriors game and I'd love to play as Lyon or Alvis.

Edited by KimJongTsun

Moveset diversity would be a critical thing when deciding which characters get in. So for example I can see Marth getting in there representing the standard fencing style but that would leave little room for Erika to distinguish herself. Ephraim meanwhile would be a shoe in for being an unarmored lance unit. Likewise Hector would have little trouble getting yet Eliwood wouldn't be able to do much unless they give him focus on Durandal (which in turn would clash with the more interesting movies available for Ike). Roy I could see if you focused on his flame effect like Smash does (I could also see him whipping out Durandel for a few attacks if Eliwood doesn't make it). Leif likewise could be distinct if you made the light sword the basis of his movies but much as I like them, I don't see much room for Seliph or Sigurd (plus the universe would just feel wrong if Sigurd isn't horrendously broken). It's not the way Hyrule Warriors went but I could see them making mounts be something you just have on the battle field and not a distinct part of the movies, like in the original Warriors games. So this wouldn't make some of the mounted units all that special but it would mean you could throw Ike on a pegasus for funz. All in all I expect they'd handle it a lot like Zelda did by focusing on three main universes for the initial game and then having universe themed DLC with only one or two characters each.

Moveset diversity would be a critical thing when deciding which characters get in. So for example I can see Marth getting in there representing the standard fencing style but that would leave little room for Erika to distinguish herself. Ephraim meanwhile would be a shoe in for being an unarmored lance unit. Likewise Hector would have little trouble getting yet Eliwood wouldn't be able to do much unless they give him focus on Durandal (which in turn would clash with the more interesting movies available for Ike). Roy I could see if you focused on his flame effect like Smash does (I could also see him whipping out Durandel for a few attacks if Eliwood doesn't make it). Leif likewise could be distinct if you made the light sword the basis of his movies but much as I like them, I don't see much room for Seliph or Sigurd (plus the universe would just feel wrong if Sigurd isn't horrendously broken). It's not the way Hyrule Warriors went but I could see them making mounts be something you just have on the battle field and not a distinct part of the movies, like in the original Warriors games. So this wouldn't make some of the mounted units all that special but it would mean you could throw Ike on a pegasus for funz. All in all I expect they'd handle it a lot like Zelda did by focusing on three main universes for the initial game and then having universe themed DLC with only one or two characters each.

I had an idea that maybe the lords/other major characters be standalone with their own movesets, but the rest of the roster would consist of like "Mage," "Myrmidon," "Fighter," "Cavalier" etc. and they'd have multiple skins of various characters of those classes across the series, so in a way, a lot of characters could be playable despite having the same moveset.

I wouldn't worry about moveset variety. From my understanding, if they can pull something like the Warriors Orochi series, in which the third game has effectively over 100 or so characets, and they all (or practically all) have unique movesets, they can do the same with something like FE.

Granted, it's likely we wouldn't be seeing some of the more wild movesets and weapons (certainly not something like Ieyasu's spear-cannon-flamethrower, and stuff) for something like FE (or could we?), but still, I would not think they couldn't pull it off.

Wow so Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed. We all wanted it and it makes sense as a game but I'm honestly pretty surprised it's actually happening. Fire Emblem is really one of Nintendo's flagship franchises now.

tumblr_ojpc3tpA2e1rmzb08o1_1280.jpg

THIS. CANNOT. BE. REAL.

I am in DENIAL.

OH MY GOSH.

HOW.

WHY.

BUT I AM HAPPY

This is some sort of alternate reality is it not?

I mean seriously

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's real, SoC. And I'm quite happy that it exists. This might be enough to convince me to save up for a Switch!

I was nervous for a second there.

When I saw your name on the end of the topic, I thought I was in trouble for losing control of myself for a second, haha.

But yeah... We kept saying it makes sense. And I guess Nintendo thought the same.

tumblr_ojpc3tpA2e1rmzb08o1_1280.jpg

THIS. CANNOT. BE. REAL.

I am in DENIAL.

OH MY GOSH.

HOW.

WHY.

BUT I AM HAPPY

This is some sort of alternate reality is it not?

I mean seriously

I'm mad.

Mad that they took a concept that I was so hyped for and did the ONE thing that would ruin it.

Mad that IS is content to ignore 3/4 of the series for the sake of lowest common denominator appeal.

And mad at myself for having hope that they wouldn't do that.

I'm mad.

Mad that they took a concept that I was so hyped for and did the ONE thing that would ruin it.

Mad that IS is content to ignore 3/4 of the series for the sake of lowest common denominator appeal.

What are you talking about? We know practically nothing about it other than the fact that Chrom is in it.

What are you talking about? We know practically nothing about it other than the fact that Chrom is in it.

The five orbs of the Shield of Seals:

-Classic Falchion

-Awakening Falchion

-Yatonokami

-Siegfried

-Raijinto

I'm mad.

Do understand that while Fire Emblem is getting more popular, it's not popular enough to afford not using the majority of the cast from the most popular titles in a game like this.

They have to use the most popular characters, otherwise it won't sell.

Do understand that while Fire Emblem is getting more popular, it's not popular enough to afford not using the majority of the cast from the most popular titles in a game like this.

They have to use the most popular characters, otherwise it won't sell.

I'm NOT saying that they can't have characters from those titles and market them. Not at all! I was actually kinda glad that Chrom, the "main" lord of Awakening, actually got some spotlight at long last.

What I'm frustrated at is that they seem to be doing that to the exclusion of everything else; we all know what a sizable part of TMS' failure stems from.

Edited by The DanMan

oof yeah, if it's awakening and fates only then it's a hard pass for me. granted ike amiibo is probably certain, but still.

i mean the warriors games are pure fan service anyway

Edited by Radiant head