Kozaki Twitter Sketch: Duke Hans

The DanMan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1rryFoVIAAOVD2.jpg

Pretty self explanatory. Hans, dressed up nice, with some female company.

I really wish this aspect of his character had been emphasized more; the fact that he's the lowest of the low who is ruthlessly determined to make it big in the upper-class.

I really wish this aspect of his character had been emphasized more; the fact that he's the lowest of the low who is ruthlessly determined to make it big in the upper-class.

I do agree there. I didn't really mind Hans as a villain overall but he could have been even better if they focused on that aspect of his character more.

I wish Hans wasn't a villian and he was recruitable. Like seriously, after the Gunther thing in the prologue he never really did anything bad to Corrin himself (and he really was just following orders back then). Hans ever covered up the fact that Corrin pussied out in Cheve and got him on Garon's good side, he was a bro. You just kill him in chapter 26 because you're not supposed to like him.

Yeah, it's kind of a shame that they didn't really do anything with him. Judging by this his personality is pretty much just a retreading of Caellach from Sacred Stones, but it wouldn't be the first time that a FE villain was a repeat of a previous villain.

Hans ever covered up the fact that Corrin pussied out in Cheve and got him on Garon's good side, he was a bro. You just kill him in chapter 26 because you're not supposed to like him.

They should have played up Hans as the villainous bro that sticks with you for a good portion of the campaign in Conquest. He's be Kamui without the pretensions of doing things for the greater good and be a catalyst for Kamui realizing how badly he's fucked up by supporting Garon. As is, Hans is just a bandit boss that somehow survived until endgame.

For you Game of Thrones fans out there, think about the relationship Walder Frey has to Jamie and what their interactions do to provoke character development in the latter.

Edited by NekoKnight

I wish Hans wasn't a villian and he was recruitable. Like seriously, after the Gunther thing in the prologue he never really did anything bad to Corrin himself (and he really was just following orders back then). Hans ever covered up the fact that Corrin pussied out in Cheve and got him on Garon's good side, he was a bro. You just kill him in chapter 26 because you're not supposed to like him.

That's actually a really good point. Hans wasn't that bad of a guy overall. Just a guy that enjoyed doing what Garon said.

Hans, like a a lot of the characters in Fates, had a lot of potential, which was wasted. He could've been a double-timing villain, being nice to whoever he felt would get him to where he wants to be (hence the buddying with Corrin/Xander). He could've been a villain who showed that hard work could really get you far, even if his means were questionable ("do ya think I like beatin' up innocent villagers? You gotta do what you gotta do to survive, kid"). Instead, he appears for no reason and dies.

Hans might just the first bandit boss of any other Fire emblem game given a bigger role but I never found him all that bad. He gave me nothing but he also never annoyed me and I can appreciate that he's not a jerk as a default stance. He's pretty friendly to Corrin when meeting him again. Unlike Iago the plot also never asked him to do anything out of his league either.

I think I would have liked Hans more if he went around in that fancy suit all the time. It would give a visual clue to him being a common bandit who just got lucky. Him dressing like a noble would make him stand out more and increase his personality a little bit.