PSA: A Nintendo sale before the Switch

Zera

https://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-leads-into-the-switch-event-with-a-huge-eshop-sale-411358.phtml

Well, there you have it. Hopefully we all find some nice things. I might update this post with my personal recommendations.

UPDATE

Games I recommend

Shantae: Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Art of Balance

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

AiRace Speed (This one is practically free now)

Games I'm interested in

Hyperlight EX

Severed

Noitu Love: Devolution

Tadpole Treble

Ittle Dew

Rayman Legends

Nano Assault EX

Edited by Zera

why are nintendo's sales always so lame?

It's only because Steam treats us right that makes everything else seem so terrible. It's hard to beat "literally everything is on sale" so they don't even try.

It's only because Steam treats us right that makes everything else seem so terrible. It's hard to beat "literally everything is on sale" so they don't even try.

while that's true too that's not even what i meant i don't even use steam anymore

steam sales are really great but like nothing actually good is even on sale for pretty cheap

like, just a few weeks back i got bloodborne for 10 dollars when it was on sale on the playstation store

here, hardly any actually significant games are on sale (at least on the 3ds side of things) and the sales are like 40% off at most

not only are not that many things on sale, the deals aren't even that good

it kinda sucks

GY0eeEo.jpg

That awkward moment when your discounted game cost more than it does normally.

None of these deals interest me. Also seeing Splatoon "on sale" for 46.79 just seems underwhelming in terms of discount

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

while that's true too that's not even what i meant i don't even use steam anymore

steam sales are really great but like nothing actually good is even on sale for pretty cheap

like, just a few weeks back i got bloodborne for 10 dollars when it was on sale on the playstation store

here, hardly any actually significant games are on sale (at least on the 3ds side of things) and the sales are like 40% off at most

not only are not that many things on sale, the deals aren't even that good

it kinda sucks

Yeah, I really don't see why they can't at least put their older games on sale. Maybe it's not "economically smart" because those games are probably still generating them quite a bit of profit but it just makes the whole thing seem lame. At the very least they could put some of the virtual console titles on sale. I only skimmed the titles really quickly so I didn't see the values were that low. 40% isn't exactly something to scoff at but still it's not incredible... especially if it's the cap.

[spoiler=big so I spoilered it]GY0eeEo.jpg

That awkward moment when your discounted game cost more than it does normally.

None of these deals interest me. Also seeing Splatoon "on sale" for 46.79 just seems underwhelming in terms of discount

Oh Nintendo.

Same though on the lack of interest.

The discount on it isn't big, but I recommend Mercenaries Saga 2 for anyone who wants a quick and fun SRPG. It's only 4 dollars, and I had like 20 hours of fun with it. It's like an unbalanced mix of fire emblem and final fantasy tactics, and it was definitely worth the (low) price for me.

Also, despite the name, it's not a sequel.

Edited by Nobody

The discount on it isn't big, but I recommend Mercenaries Saga for anyone who wants a quick and fun SRPG. It's only 4 dollars, and I had like 20 hours of fun with it. It's like an unbalanced mix of fire emblem and final fantasy tactics, and it was definitely worth the (low) price for me.

tbh, despite what I just said. I was actually curious what Mercenaries Saga was. Thanks for clarifying.

Also, despite the name, it's not a sequel.

Wait. Really? Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Yeah, I really don't see why they can't at least put their older games on sale. Maybe it's not "economically smart" because those games are probably still generating them quite a bit of profit but it just makes the whole thing seem lame. At the very least they could put some of the virtual console titles on sale. I only skimmed the titles really quickly so I didn't see the values were that low. 40% isn't exactly something to scoff at but still it's not incredible... especially if it's the cap.

wario's woods actually is on sale

you get like a dollar off though which is ??????

tbh, despite what I just said. I was actually curious what Mercenaries Saga was. Thanks for clarifying.

Wait. Really?

it's apparently a sequel to some japanese mobile game or some shit you can just ignore the 2 it doesn't really have anything to do with anything