FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

SIGURD. Like, Ephraim got some snazzy new art with Awakening, as did Seliph/Leif. But Sigurd himself? NOPE. Granted, I don't know how Sigurd on a horse would work with the Warriors motif. However, I can dream!

(seriously, IS, spread the love)

Well we already know they're going to have to make it work for Xander unless they get him off his horse... which is unlikely, since that's really his signature look. So there'll be precedent in this game at least.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally pretty excited about this! I haven't played a Warriors game before but based on Hyrule Warriors, didn't that have quite a bit of DLC characters or characters that eventually made it in as a playable character?

I'm basically trying to stay optimistic that the older Fire Emblem games besides the one with Marth will get some love in this somehow.

Only time will tell though!

SIGURD. Like, Ephraim got some snazzy new art with Awakening, as did Seliph/Leif. But Sigurd himself? NOPE. Granted, I don't know how Sigurd on a horse would work with the Warriors motif. However, I can dream!

Eh, I always like Seliph and Lewyn better, but I would really like to see Judgral in any capacity.

*insert Sigurd is hot joke here*

Finally! I'm curious as to how all the characters will interact and what they'll be fighting over. Hoping we get beyond FE1/3/11/12/13/14 representation too, but I'm still happy regardless. Glad Chrom is definitely in this time!

Edited by Blademaster!

I'm fully expecting this game to be Archanea/Ylisse/Nohr/Hoshido and that's it. Book it. The rest of the universes will be lucky to be included as DLC.

And you know what? I don't mind. Having less universes represented gives better possibilities of a good story since trying to force every single continent and time period on a series like Fire Emblem will probably result in a plot worse than Project X Zone. It also would allow for more roster variety given you can include more different types of units instead of forcing every Lord in the series.

I've accepted what this game will be. Now I will enjoy every single second of footage we get.

I'm actually rather disheartened. I went into this after having it spoiled for me by a friend thinking "please don't be like TMS please don't be like TMS please don't be like TMS. Please acknowledge that games 2-10 actually exist."

Teaser comes on.

Chrom's Falchion. FE13.

Corrin's Yato. FE14.

Ryoma's Raijinto. FE14.

Xander's Siegfried. FE14.

Marth's Falchion. FE1.

...And now I have this seed of fear in my heart that they might do the one thing that could possibly make this game suck, and not have serieswide representation.

Yikes, didn't realise those were the swords. Falchion is fair enough (I guess they wanted Chrom's too for newer fanbase), but they had plenty of swords to choose from than to chuck in Corrin and bros' swords. Hopefully this is just something they've put together for the presentation and they'll be able to show more representatives in time.

Not gonna lie, the concept actually sounds really, REALLY freaking boring. There's just too much overlap between Warriors and FE, leading to very little disparity that could innovate. Hyrule Warriors worked due to the radical differences between Zelda and the Warriors titles, thus leading to innovations such as the sub-weapons and giant bosses. FE doesn't have any of that as with most games fight are just between human opponents. It'll probably be fine mechanically, but I just can't see this being anything other than a Warriors game with an FE skin

Hyrule Warriors was mostly just Zelda-skinned Musou with a few mechanical touches from the former. I don't see why they can't take the same approach and emphasize battle tactics and strategy a bit more through the mechanics.

Not gonna lie, the concept actually sounds really, REALLY freaking boring. There's just too much overlap between Warriors and FE, leading to very little disparity that could innovate. Hyrule Warriors worked due to the radical differences between Zelda and the Warriors titles, thus leading to innovations such as the sub-weapons and giant bosses. FE doesn't have any of that as with most games fight are just between human opponents. It'll probably be fine mechanically, but I just can't see this being anything other than a Warriors game with an FE skin

oh yeah i'm literally not expecting anything but fan service here, though i'll take it

Edited by Radiant head

Hate to be the wet blanket though, but perhaps after Fates we should try to keep a lid on the hype. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoyed Fates and think the amount of hate it gets is a little overboard, but still...

Eh.

I WILL find a way to enjoy this game. And even if it isn't to my exact tastes, someone out there will think it's the bee's knees. That is enough to make me happy.

okay yeah the fact that they only showed the swords from shadow dragon awakening and fates kinda makes this not excite me at all

like come on it's a series with 15 games of characters to choose from (including TMS, i'm sure they could add someone from that as dlc or something)

have some more variety instead of having three of the first five things you show all be from the same game

Edited by unique

Hyrule Warriors was mostly just Zelda-skinned Musou with a few mechanical touches from the former. I don't see why they can't take the same approach and emphasize battle tactics and strategy a bit more through the mechanics.

They could do it like Bladestorm, where different units are good and bad against other units.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Types_(Bladestorm)

Xander's sword was in the trailer, so we're probably getting horseback

_________

inb4 we find out that Tharja is the token mage

I'm pretty sure that we'll get more characters

I'm SUPER hyped for this, but at the same time, I do worry that we saw only Marth's Falchion, Chrom's Falchion, and the three main Fates swords in the teaser and nothing from Tellius, Magvel, Jugdral, Valencia, and Elibe...

Man, please don't be stupid like Atlus and leave all those other FE worlds out... I can understand if a few of them have to be added DLC like some in Zelda were, but Tellius and Elibe at least ought to be there from the start. Ike and Roy ARE in Smash and are iconic to a degree as well. :/

And this is also starting to feel like developers are pretending that everything before Awakening and non-Archanea doesn't exist when they most certainly do and have fans!

Edited by Anacybele

Well we already know they're going to have to make it work for Xander unless they get him off his horse... which is unlikely, since that's really his signature look. So there'll be precedent in this game at least.

In Hyrule Warriors, one of Link's weapon sets lets him ride Epona.

It's actually pretty overpowered, I watched my brother play with it and he was able to juggle the enemies like crazy!

I'm super excited for an FE Warriors title. It's been something I've wanted since FEA released (I was already a big DW fan). The only big thing that'd annoy me is if they go with the 1 vs 1000 approach that was in DW7, DW8, and the Hyrule Warrior series. Chances are that they will though because it seems like Japan likes that aspect.

As for the swords representations it does seem like it'll mostly be the 3DS title characters, otherwise they would have been able to put Ragnell and Roy's sword in instead of Raijinto and Siegfried, since those swords are also recognizable by a "casual" audience [through SSB].

Whatever is revealed though, you can bet I'll buy FE Warriors and the Switch solely for it, even if I know it'll objectively be bad.

It also would allow for more roster variety given you can include more different types of units instead of forcing every Lord in the series.

This is why I also don't mind only Fates/Archanea.

We'd pretty much ONLY have Sword units if we went with every Lord, with Micaiah, Hector and Ephraim being the only exceptions, and maybe a few having alternate weapons (Ike with Axes, Lyn with Bows, etc.).

Heck, just having Fates' Royals gives us Swords, Bows, Magic, Axes, Lances, and... Staves?

Plus, who wants to play with just a bunch of dumb bluebloods?

Edited by Emerson

This is why I also don't mind only Fates/Archanea.

We'd pretty much ONLY have Sword units if we went with every Lord, with Micaiah, Hector and Ephraim being the only exceptions, and maybe a few having alternate weapons (Ike with Axes, Lyn with Bows, etc.).

tbh seems like that's already happening

Edited by Radiant head

In Hyrule Warriors, one of Link's weapon sets lets him ride Epona.

It's actually pretty overpowered, I watched my brother play with it and he was able to juggle the enemies like crazy!

I hope they won't do something like this. It felt all kinds of awkward for Epona to be so slow.

As for the swords representations it does seem like it'll mostly be the 3DS title characters, otherwise they would have been able to put Ragnell and Roy's sword in instead of Raijinto and Siegfried, since those swords are also recognizable by a "casual" audience [through SSB].

It could just be me being greedy, but I'll love to see the game be brought over to the 3DS not unlike how Hyrule Warriors got ported from Wii U to the 3DS. Not expecting to happen though since the Switch looks to be a more successful console than the Wii U could be.

inb4 Team Ninja adds Camilla, Tharja, FE13 Tiki, and Lyn into the game only to give them jiggle physics

Chrom finally gets his chance (sort of!)

Edited by Roflolxp54

seems like that's already happening though

I'd say its to soon to say. I'm not going to get worked up over a few seconds of not even gameplay. The game seems to be in its earliest stage if the length of that trailer is anything to go by.

One problem if it really is those games is the villains. The ones from Awakening and Fates are disliked and from Akanea its only Hardin that stands out.

I'm fully expecting this game to be Archanea/Ylisse/Nohr/Hoshido and that's it. Book it. The rest of the universes will be lucky to be included as DLC.

And you know what? I don't mind. Having less universes represented gives better possibilities of a good story since trying to force every single continent and time period on a series like Fire Emblem will probably result in a plot worse than Project X Zone. It also would allow for more roster variety given you can include more different types of units instead of forcing every Lord in the series.

I've accepted what this game will be. Now I will enjoy every single second of footage we get.

Gotta agree with you there.

Focusing on less FE games might be better for the game. It will allow for a larger variety of characters, and the entire will recognize the chatacters, not only Japan and veteran fans.