FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

My hope is that by keeping the game selection small, we get a greater diversity in fighting styles. The roster will probably be about 20 warriors, with a couple original characters added in as well, so I don't see how you can realistically support 8 different sagas with such limited space.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrom will be the lead because Awakening has reached icon status. Marth doesn't sell the same way Chrom does, as evidenced by Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I don't think TMS should be used as positive example of what sells, all things considered.

Then Smash alt costumes? It's really not that big of a deal. If you're fine with Smash having costumes of completely different people (Olimar and Alph), this isn't that much of a stretch.

HW!Dark Link should also count, because Dark Link is definitely not the same as regular Link.

Chrom will be the lead because Awakening has reached icon status. Marth doesn't sell the same way Chrom does, as evidenced by Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Smash is just a fighting game with no story (save for Brawl's SSE and even that isn't much at all). This game will have more of a story focus and thus changing genders in the middle of it would look way more awkward. Why would we see a male Corrin in one story cutscene and then a female in the next?

Dark Link is a bit of an oddity to me but makes enough sense and still doesn't change Link's body parts at all.

There is no 100% confirmation that Chrom is the beginning character.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe it's because I've played DW8XL a lot, but I think it would be neat if any story/campaign/adventure mode is done that way. Characters divided in sets (like say, by continent), and each set has a story of its own, with each stage having it's own PC selection choice. Who knows.

I don't think TMS should be used as positive example of what sells, all things considered.

This. Non-Archanea/Awakening/Fates characters haven't even really been given much of a chance to sell lately.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also hope female Corrin has her thighs covered like Sakurai did for Smash. I hate her open thighs. Though I would still play as her if they weren't. It would just make me like her a little less again if they aren't.

Edited by Anacybele

And while the thought is in my brain after discussing about this to someone, who in FE would be the Lu Bu/Tadakatsu character for this if there was a character like that?

Walhart or Emperor Hardin could play that role.

Welp, this game convinced me to get a Switch. I'm super hyped.

I'm kinda hoping that we at least get most of the main Lords in the game (along with some other plot important characters, as evidenced by Ryoma and Xander's swords being the trailer), or at least Roy, Ike, and Robin to go with the swords already shown, but after Hyrule Warriors started with only OoT, TP, and SS after promising "If you have a favourite Zelda character, you'll finally be able to play as them", I'm not getting my expectations too high.

Even if it is just Archanea, Ylisse, and Unnamed Fates Continent to start with, I'd be down with that, seeing as how my FE history isn't as broad as most people's on here, and I (mostly) enjoyed Awakening and Fates. If it is just those three, I'd fully expect the other continents to get represented through DLC at some point.

So yeah, I'm hyped.

Edited by CancerTurtle

Walhart or Emperor Hardin could play that role.

I think Walhart makes more sense, given how his strength was played up in Awakening and his unique skill that made him immune to effective damage. I'd actually rather see Hardin as a hero, honestly.

Smash is just a fighting game with no story (save for Brawl's SSE and even that isn't much at all). This game will have more of a story focus and thus changing genders in the middle of it would look way more awkward. Why would we see a male Corrin in one story cutscene and then a female in the next?

It's Dragon Gates, I ain't gotta explain shit!

Maybe they could have the two genders as separate characters and justify it with Dragon Gates/Alternative Universes?

And while the thought is in my brain after discussing about this to someone, who in FE would be the Lu Bu/Tadakatsu character for this if there was a character like that?

Burger King, Walmart or Ashnard if they are adding flying units.

Honestly, I think we'll get most main characters. I am concerned we won't, but my gut tells me we'll get at least ten. Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Xander, Corrin, Ike, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin. That's a heavy bias towards Marth and Awakening/Fates, but...I dunno. Gut feeling.

I think Walhart makes more sense, given how his strength was played up in Awakening and his unique skill that made him immune to effective damage. I'd actually rather see Hardin as a hero, honestly.

Me too, but I would kill for an awesome remix of Dark Emperor in the OST.

Honestly, I think we'll get most main characters. I am concerned we won't, but my gut tells me we'll get at least ten. Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Xander, Corrin, Azura, Ike, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin. That's a heavy bias towards Marth and Awakening/Fates, but...I dunno. Gut feeling.

FTFY :D

Seriously, Azura in-game or I complain online riot.

Honestly, I think we'll get most main characters. I am concerned we won't, but my gut tells me we'll get at least ten. Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Xander, Corrin, Ike, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin. That's a heavy bias towards Marth and Awakening/Fates, but...I dunno. Gut feeling.

Yeah, I've a feeling it'll be something like that too, and I'd be fine with it. It's fair enough diversity for the base game.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, speaking of non-Archanea/Awakening/Fates characters selling, if I recall, I remember a chart showing that Ike was one of the top ten selling Smash Amiibo in Australia and actually outsold the other FE ones because no other FE characters were in that top ten, I think. Marth might've been, but that would've been it. So Ike at least is a hot seller in some parts of the world! (pun intended...heh heh)

Edited by Anacybele

i've been personally thinking Black Knight because he was portrayed throughout as this unstoppable force until you have to fight him with just Ike

That and kickass mix of Unstoppable Destiny would be both great and give that mini heart attack if you're in his sights

But Walhart would make a good stand in too.

I've also been thinking Camus as Camus was also built as some powerful general with morals and a powerful spear, kind of like Tadakatsu.

Oh yeah, speaking of music, if Ike is in the game, his theme/Eternal Bond MUST follow! I mean, it's in Smash AND was in the 25th anniversary concert! It also seems to be one of the most popular tracks in the series.

Edited by Anacybele

I can see the Black Knight as the Lu Bu of this game.

I can already imagine all of the DLC we're going to be sucked into, especially if Micaiah is going to be in the game (high chance she may be as the fanservice character alongside Camilla, if she's in it too).

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Awakening and Fates cast only.

I'm salty over the Fates and Awakening bias, but oh well, the milking machine have to be used.

Still Fire Emblem Warriors, it's cool, it's awesome, so I'm not complaining.

But holy crap, if it's pure Fates/Awakening pandering, the salt will be there.

Marth and his (note the emphasis) games are cool though.

Chrom... lol, go home IS, just go home.:p

Ragnell and Jugdrall's weapons => Everything.

I'm salty over the Fates and Awakening bias, but oh well, the milking machine have to be used.

Still Fire Emblem Warriors, it's cool, it's awesome, so I'm not complaining.

But holy crap, if it's pure Fates/Awakening pandering, the salt will be there.

Marth and his (note the emphasis) games are cool though.

Chrom... lol, go home IS, just go home.:p

Ragnell and Jugdrall's weapons => Everything.

The Jugdral saga is perfect for a crossover game like this, since there's many countries with notable figures.

Like how Dynasty Warriors has Wu, Wei, Jin, Shu, etc., they could do the same for this game.

And they could probably do it with the Tellius series and the Elibean series too. Ragnell would also be a good choice (more like Hyrule Warriors)

So I see Chrom hasn't gotten rid of his habit of shoving his sword into the ground.

You know, I rather liked Hyrule Warriors, which offered plenty of diversity via DLC, so I'm sure that even if there's a clear Marth/Awakening bias, there'll be more content later, though like everyone else here I want to see more variety.

Honestly, I don't see how this game could ever work without Ike. He's been in two Super Smash games now and I think he'd be the most satisfying main character to play here. My gut reaction is that the Tellius cast in general is the best suited for a game like this.

I wonder how they'll justify the story. They already have the Outrealms, so maybe there's something happening there. I feel like it's hard to write a story like this without worlds colliding. At least there's no idol industry in sight.

Finally, if Lyon or Walhart don't make it into this, I'll be sad.

Edited by Thane

Considering the sheer size of the FE character roster. I can only imagine how hard it must be to select the playable characters...
Maybe they could work with classes instead, and use several character skins for each class, representing the most popular characters of each class?

Like the the different Link, Zelda and Ganondorf skins in Hyrule Warriors.

I think it is still too soon to assume any biases towards any game, the Falchion is the most well known sword of the FE series, so it only makes sense to use it in a preview of a few seconds.
That and Chrom had to take some kind of revenge for the whole Smash Bros. debacle...

Edited by Masterthunderblade