FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the sheer size of the FE character roster. I can only imagine how hard it must be to select the playable characters...

Maybe they could work with classes instead, and use several character skins for each class, representing the most popular characters of each class?

Like the the different Link, Zelda and Ganondorf skins in Hyrule Warriors.

Honestly I think they'll do polls, Koei has shown willingness to do that in the past, but I think they'll pick some of their own choices, and probably an OC first.

Whats the chance of Sigurd and Arvis making it in?

That was a triple post, but I got rid of two of them.

I don't think the odds are very good, but I'd be really happy if they were in there. Arvis feels like he'd fit right in, and Sigurd could always use some more love!

That was a triple post, but I got rid of two of them.

I don't think the odds are very good, but I'd be really happy if they were in there. Arvis feels like he'd fit right in, and Sigurd could always use some more love!

Sigurd better make it in; I've wanted to see him and Flora bonding for a while now.

Edited by Thane

...I now have to buy this console. LOL.

I think they'll use the same blueprint as the Warriors Orochi games: Massive cast from the franchises but original story to explain everyone working together. The Outrealms laid the groundwork for that ^_^

Let the speculation commence on who will be in the retail version =O

I think it's safe to say all of the following are confirmed:

• Chrom
  • Xander
  • Ryoma
  • Corrin
  • Marth

...Who joins them?

What's even better: NO ONE is off the table: Both Dynasty Warriors and the Warriors Orochi franchises as well as Hyrule Warriors featured ranged and magic-based characters. Based on that, we could realistically see Micaiah (Radiant Dawn), Lillina (Binding Blade) or Innes (Sacred Stones) in FE:W. Mounted Characters like Jill (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn), Frederick (Awakening) or Hinoka (Fates) could also be done.

The possabilities are ENDLESS!

If Eirika is in this, I might even buy this game. Not generally a fan of Warriors games, but Eirika is awesome.

...Blasphemy! You speak blaphemy!

It's a sandbox game series where you're a human lawnmower, how do you not find that awesome?!

Yes, I'm excited for this! Granted, I'm tentative like most when it comes to characters. Like I said on another thread, however, I trust KT when it comes to character inclusion and large character selection, so I think we may see some faces from the older games. Still, move sets is something of an issue I'm eager to see addressed. Also, I'm interested in seeing horseback, mages and healer character.

Also, the battles. I wouldn't mind seeing the Empires system implemented. Capturing enemy bases. Delegating. Politics. I doubt we'll get that, however. We're probably just going to get what is expected, which is killing billions of enemies by spamming. I hope they at least cut down on the number of enemies we can slaughter; I much preferred the earlier games where it took clearing the whole map and camping out near a enemy stronghold just to get to 100 KOs.

If anything, I want to shank stuff with Ephraim.

Then that's just another Empires titles, there's nothing uniquely FE about that. There's really nothing that FE can give to the Warriors formula that doesn't end up detracting from it. Again, it'll just be a skin at best.

I just had a thought.

...In the spirit of NuFE, I have a feeling they'll slap a player avatar in the game. Hopefully nothing as broad yet vanilla as CAW creation in the Empires titles, but at least what we can already do in Fates.

I feel that we can all be assured Ike will at least make an appearance in this game.

If they give us Cain and Abel or one pair of red and green cavaliers I can die in peace

I mean seriously they put Ruto in Hyrule Warriors, so anyone is possible, and there is a Epona weapon for Link, so they can do horses.

Edited by Tuvy

I just want Hector or Eliwood! It would also be cool, if they included non main characters.

Edited by Tuvy2

To bring in a little bit of uncharacteristic positivity, I'd like to point out that just because we only saw swords from Archanea and the Fates world doesn't mean they're the only relevant worlds in the game; remember that characters in Hyrule Warriors could use weapons they had no history of using in the main series, like Zelda using the Wind Waker. We might just see Corrin with Siegfried instead, for example.

I think Tokyo Mirage Sessions showed that people won't buy just anything simply because it has the Fire Emblem name on it. Ignoring a huge chunk of the series would be a big mistake, and I'm going to assume the developers know that.

Honestly, I'm going to buy this regardless because I'm a sheep, but I know I'll love this game if Tiki is playable. That's why the Archenea bias doesn't concern me too much, because it gives her an absurdly high chance of getting in. I definitely wouldn't object to Lyn or Roy being playable tho. hell, just give us playable Wrys

To be honest, I wasn't very excited for the nintendo switch until I saw the presentation. So many good looking title's! I will definitly buy Fire emblem Warriors. Even if it isn't what we would have hoped for, I think the developers can nail this one with fun gameplay.

To bring in a little bit of uncharacteristic positivity, I'd like to point out that just because we only saw swords from Archanea and the Fates world doesn't mean they're the only relevant worlds in the game; remember that characters in Hyrule Warriors could use weapons they had no history of using in the main series, like Zelda using the Wind Waker. We might just see Corrin with Siegfried instead, for example.

I think Tokyo Mirage Sessions showed that people won't buy just anything simply because it has the Fire Emblem name on it. Ignoring a huge chunk of the series would be a big mistake, and I'm going to assume the developers know that.

They very well may think TMS' failure was due to launching on the Wii U and undergoing a rehaul that clashed with many's expectations (which were major factors, definitely), and will still try to eek out that lowest common denominator (and if you're really hyped for this game, no offense meant) bottom line again.

I'm being a negative cynic and Thane's trying to be positive; what has the world come to?

Edited by The DanMan

5 gold says they cut the petting mini game. :P

In all honesty though this is awesome and I can't wait to see who gets playable. Also I'm curious if they'll bring back the advantageous element system from hyrule warriors in the form of weapon types, because that would effectively force the devs to add more than just the lords.

They very well may think TMS' failure was due to launching on the Wii U and undergoing a rehaul that clashed with many's expectations (which were major factors, definitely), and will still try to eek out that lowest common denominator (and if you're really hyped for this game, no offense meant) bottom line again.

Yeah, that definitely might happen, I'm just trying to offer a different way of looking at it. No matter what though, there will be nods to other titles in the series (like Hyrule Warrior's moon hookshot upgrade) and there'll be plenty of DLC with new characters from older games, both major and minor ones.

...I say based entirely on one game, but dammit, after liking Hyrule Warriors surprisingly much (though it wasn't my cup of tea by the end of the day, I still had a good time) I want to see this game do well and let me use Lyon, Ike and Walhart in glorious 3D and blow things up.

Yeah, that definitely might happen, I'm just trying to offer a different way of looking at it. No matter what though, there will be nods to other titles in the series (like Hyrule Warrior's moon hookshot upgrade) and there'll be plenty of DLC with new characters from older games, both major and minor ones.

...I say based entirely on one game, but dammit, after liking Hyrule Warriors surprisingly much (though it wasn't my cup of tea by the end of the day, I still had a good time) I want to see this game do well and let me use Lyon, Ike and Walhart in glorious 3D and blow things up.

Considering SS is one of the more underdog titles of the series and was where the series really started to decline in Japan, Lyon is no shoe-in. The other two, however, I feel are incredibly safe bets.