FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

Considering SS is one of the more underdog titles of the series and was where the series really started to decline in Japan, Lyon is no shoe-in. The other two, however, I feel are incredibly safe bets.

They are, but I'm a man of simple pleasures sometimes. In some games I want a detailed, sophisticated story with political intrigue and gray morality, and in others I want to be a burly man wrecking shit. More seriously though, judging solely by Hyrule Warriors again, they might go for some more obscure characters just for the fun of it. I hope to see fewer original characters here though seeing as the list of characters is much bigger than in Zelda, and even the inclusion of ust one OC like Lana would be felt more keenly here.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, a good story would definitely be welcome, but as long as it's not a soulless husk drenched in glitter like TMS #FE - which I admittedly have only seen a playthrough of - I won't complain for a title like this.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they will do what they did with hyrule warriors and add dlc packs for each game in the series.

in hyrule warriors they added dlc charachters from majoras mask, windwaker etc. so i could se them doing the same for fire emblem

Yeah, I love the way that shield looks. I'm also hoping that the five swords shown were only shown to match with the five gems because there are only five gems on the shield. If there were more gems, we'd have probably seen Ragnell and the Sword of Seals and stuff as well.

Now if Owais makes it in

will he be a dark mage or a samurai

I've always imagined Owain would be a dork and combine both his dark mage class and myrmidon class for a special Musou.

DARK ASTRA

aka grandmaster, robin's son confirmed

hoping to see:

roy - he's popular because of smash, thus a no-brainer

hector - for all the complaining that including other worlds means everyone would be sword lords, here is proof that's not true

lyn - also semi-popular for being a smash trophy, blade lord (+ bows) would still be unique

ephraim - see hector, but with lances

ike - even my bias aside smash reps make sense

micaiah - female light mage lord diversity is appreciated

takumi - closest thing there is to a sniper lord, and one of the few decent fates characters

Edited by Radiant head

Now that you mention it, the shield has the wrong colors too. The Awakening one has green and pink gems, but the FE Warriors one has yellow and red ones in place of them. Odd... Oh well, I like the FE Warriors one better anyway.

Speaking of Ike again, he also could very well be the most popular FE character in Japan if the Famitsu poll we saw some time ago is anything to go by. He got first place! That's a hint that not having him in the game would cause a lot of salt.

And as a bonus fun fact, WatchMojo's favorite FE character iiiiis...Ike! Lots of love for the blue-haired mercenary commander here!

EDIT: Also, let's not forget that UK tweet about PoR! That might be a hint towards Ike being in the base game.

Edited by Anacybele

Now that you mention it, the shield has the wrong colors too. The Awakening one has green and pink gems, but the FE Warriors one has yellow and red ones in place of them. Odd... Oh well, I like the FE Warriors one better anyway.

Actually all the gems are the same as normal except for the geosphere (the normally green one). The placement is just wrong.

I do agree though on the fact that FE warriors version looks better. It resembles the original design a lot better.

Edited by CatManThree

Actually all the gems are the same as normal except for the geosphere (the normally green one). The placement is just wrong.

Look again, one gem in the Awakening shield clearly looks pink while one in the FE Warriors is red...

Look again, one gem in the Awakening shield clearly looks pink while one in the FE Warriors is red...

Dude, the life sphere is normally red, and clearly looks red in awakening!

Red: Lifesphere, or Gules. Was originally red in Mystery of the Emblem.

Blue: Geosphere, or Azure. Color has always been blue.

Grey/Green: Starsphere, or Vert. This one changes color the most, but was originally Green in Mystery of the Emblem.

Amber: Lightsphere, or Argent: It is usually a shade of yellow/orange, but is more white, hence its Awakening name.

Purple/Black: Darksphere, or Sable. Why it's purple in the trailer, I don't know, but its usually black.

If you notice, the Dragon Emblem in the central area doesn't match up to Naga's Emblem from Awakening and I don't recall seeing any similar Emblem that matches it.

It seems like a no-brainer to me that it's to do with the title's story mode. Since each (Series) Warriors game tends to have its own Story separate from the franchise's main/established story with significant missions/or modes dedicated to main/established story content.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam and its sequels did it and even Hyrule Warriors has done it, plus they used representation from as far across the respective franchise as they could.

Speaking as someone that enjoys Dynasty Warriors games every now and then but loved those specific crossover games to death, chances are that Chrom's being shown due to how he basically knows everything about all relevant characters from other entries. I'd be willing to guess that Yato, Siegfried and Raijinto were shown as being something of a 'package deal' for current relevancy in the franchise prior to Fire Emblem Warriors and Marth's Exalted Falchion is shown because how Marth's sorta like the icon for the franchise.

Just my thoughts and observations.

You know... reading the thread is a little depressing.

Like, the smash thread character arguments depressing.

Speculation and all, I understand.

But it's literally a minute of trailer or orbs and Chrom and people are already bringing back negativity from Fates.

Like seriously, this is the first breath of fresh air and excitement since July of 2014, when people were actually excited to be FE fans for a game a bunch of people would eventually tear apart. And we're already arguing about representation via 5 orbs not showcasing Tellius or Genealogy weapons?

I mean a majority of the posts are nice and exciting fans speculating about things... and I can understand gamers being nitpicky...

But I personally feel that some people are like "Oh man, Fates, Awakening, and Akaneia bias, it won't be that good."

I'm a casual at the Musou games.

But I enjoy them a lot.

And while I realize that veterans can be critics and discuss the finer points of a crossover... it's somewhat ridiculous.

I mean goodness, the chances of all of the smash reps being in the game are pretty high at least.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If you notice, the Dragon Emblem in the central area doesn't match up to Naga's Emblem from Awakening and I don't recall seeing any similar Emblem that matches it.

The dragon in the center of the emblem is on the emblem in both the original Archanean games and their remakes.

If I'm to be frank, I think the fact that the focus seemingly being on only three universes (Archanea, Awakening, and Fates) is for the best. Hyrule Warriors's initial story certainly benefited from only focusing on having characters from OoT, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword interact amongst themselves and the original incarnations of the series' most recurring/iconic Zelda characters. The less worlds/universes a game crosses over with, the more characters can be taken from the worlds that are focused on which will help give initial synergy between characters from the same world, with more time to spend on developing inter-crossover relationships and interactions between whatever the cast may be.

There might be a mode like in Hyrule Warriors that offers more gameplay content not reliant on being something that happens in the story: Characters from games that do not get much focus could be unlocked in that mode, and maybe we'll even get something similiar to Hyrule Warriors's Reward Map scenarios where many of the ones featuring characters who otherwise could not be used in the story were they too got interactions with the rest of the cast in scenarios that wouldn't be out of place in Legend Mode (like how characters like Toon Link, Young Link, and Ravio, despite only being used for Adventure Mode, got to interact with characters important to Hyrule Warriors's story like Ganondorf and Link in scenarios with script and mission objectives that were as good as the script and mission objectives in the actual story mode). Thus, characters like Roy and Ike, despite a possibility for them not appearing in whatever the story for Fire Emblem Warriors is, could still plausibly interact with the rest of the cast and get story-quality content based around them.

Anyways, hoping for Male Robin to be a playable character, since I like male mages and I think his more mellow personality will play off the best against Chrom and Lucina (if she makes the cut). Corrin can be either one, though I guess Female Corrin to contrast Male Robin (hoping for a potential crossover interaction between Robin and Corrin).

Edited by Folt

But it's literally a minute of trailer or orbs and Chrom and people are already bringing back negativity from Fates.

Like seriously, this is the first breath of fresh air and excitement since July of 2014, when people were actually excited to be FE fans for a game a bunch of people would eventually tear apart. And we're already arguing about representation via 5 orbs not showcasing Tellius or Genealogy weapons?

I mean a majority of the posts are nice and exciting fans speculating about things... and I can understand gamers being nitpicky...

But I personally feel that some people are like "Oh man, Fates, Awakening, and Akaneia bias, it won't be that good."

But I enjoy them a lot.

And while I realize that veterans can be critics and discuss the finer points of a crossover... it's somewhat ridiculous.

I mean goodness, the chances of all of the smash reps being in the game are pretty high at least.

i can understand that but at the same time i think it's perfectly fine for people to be annoyed/disappointed at this

out of the five gems there were three from fates and two from the same games that were in TMS

they could've very easily had ragnell and durandal or tyrfing instead of the other two from fates

but instead we see absolutely nothing indicating that they might include stuff from any other games, as if they're just not acknowledging them

as someone who doesn't own and has barely played any of fates it's just really odd and anyone who doesn't have a 3ds has hardly any reason to get excited about this from what we saw

if they're going to show just a tiny bit as a teaser I feel they should at least make it clear who this is going to appeal to and I can't help but be really disappointed when it doesn't seem like it's going to appeal to me

But I enjoy them a lot.

We were saying that about TMS as well. Look what happened there.

Plenty of us were burned (to varying extents) twice in a row already; it's hard not to expect the worse now. And if it surprises us? Good. But we've been shown how unfounded hype leads nowhere, and precedence tells us to expect the worst.

I want it to be better and more inclusive of the series, but I doubt it will be- because what we have points towards that conclusion. I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

i can understand that but at the same time i think it's perfectly fine for people to be annoyed/disappointed at this

out of the five gems there were three from fates and two from the same games that were in TMS

they could've very easily had ragnell and durandal or tyrfing instead of the other two from fates

but instead we see absolutely nothing indicating that they might include stuff from any other games, as if they're just not acknowledging them

as someone who doesn't own and has barely played any of fates it's just really odd and anyone who doesn't have a 3ds has hardly any reason to get excited about this from what we saw

if they're going to show just a tiny bit as a teaser I feel they should at least make it clear who this is going to appeal to and I can't help but be really disappointed when it doesn't seem like it's going to appeal to me

Here's the thing: Do you expect them to pander to everyone equally?

It's a minute long, minimal trailer.

And if we've learned anything, Ike had a following. So does Roy.

Being disappointed in literally a minute long trailer that specifically is made NOT to give info is ridiculous.

Or would you rather get baited by the SMT x FE that showcased character art from each iteration and then get Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

Making an implied excitement for fans ending up as a lie is worse than what we got.

Have we learned nothing from Soleil and skinship?

Edit:

We were saying that about TMS as well. Look what happened there.

Plenty of us were burned (to varying extents) twice in a row already; it's hard not to expect the worse now. And if it surprises us? Good. But we've been shown how unfounded hype leads nowhere, and precedence tells us to expect the worst.

I want it to be better and more inclusive of the series, but I doubt it will be- because what we have points towards that conclusion. I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

I addressed this in this post after you. Sorry. Mobile is hard to edit.

Do you prefer to be lied to via TMS trailer in development showing more reps than ended up? Or bummed out via your own nitpicking at a lack of a possible?

Like seriously, I understand where you are coming from.

But the hype backlash is really toxic to those looking for some fresh air.

It's making me feel like Serenes isn't even a place to discuss loving FE anymore.

It's about discussing how we used to love FE and the rest of it is crap.

...about a game that hasn't even had more than a title and not even a full view of any characters.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I wonder if they'll go with Medeus being the main villain. He's the first, but Fire Emblem really doesn't have a core villain like Ganondorf, and I don't really feel like he'd fit. I'm going to hope for Trabant, Alvis, Lyon, Ashnard and Walhart as the main enemies, with Naesala appearing in a few missions and being an annoying pest.

I realize the story takes the backseat in these kinds of games, but some character interaction would be nice, especially if it happens between characters who'd never meet otherwise. I mean, I'm only half joking when I say Sigurd and Flora getting a bad feeling whenever they have to go up against someone who uses fire magic would be a fun thing to include.

As for the music, we definitely need Genealogy of the Holy War's battle theme; I could listen to that thing for hours, and if it gets a cool remix, then that'd be great.

Just hoping for Robin, Erika, Ephraim, and ... a lot more than I thought. This should be good if it has half the quality of Zelda.

I fully expect all three of Awakening's main characters to appear. Chrom has all but been confirmed, Lucina is one of the few female lords and immensely popular and this is the kind of game where Robin could really shine.

Thing is, I'd still be rather disappointed if I can't use Ike in the story/adventure mode. I'd be glad if I can go Ryoma or Frederick in it, sure, but Ike is my FAVORITE favorite and he has enough reason to be there with his popularity and Smash inclusion and all... :(

Now that I think more on all this though, I'm certain Frederick will appear with the Awakening group because it's just in his character. :P

Edited by Anacybele