FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were constant jokes about him "going emo" and "committing suicide and coming back as a ghost for revenge" with TMS, and PXZ2 is pretty under the radar. For a lord whose flaw is being too generic, seeing constant jokes about him got old quick. Hopefully this will quiet those down.

Oh wow, geez. Yeah, those are some pretty lame jokes...

If I can state a wish, I hope Robin and Corrin pretty much are fleshed out characters rather than Avatars, with Robin being male and Corrin being female (I prefer Male Corrin too, but I want Robin to be male more than Corrin to be male since that gets me my favorite mage, and Female Corrin could be fun bouncing off of Male Robin).

Instead, I hope they use an original character as an Avatar.

yeah I was think the only redeeming quality corrrin has is when she's not another male swordsman and it's a fair switch up from robin, but smash/amiibo seems to be canonizing male corrin

Then that's just another Empires titles, there's nothing uniquely FE about that. There's really nothing that FE can give to the Warriors formula that doesn't end up detracting from it. Again, it'll just be a skin at best.

And, the other Warriors games aren't just skins of the base Dynasty Warriors?

I didn't mean copy-paste. It would be tailored to fit the context of the game, of course. Though as much as I like delegating, I know realistically it would not be in the final product.

That said, they're probably going to pull a Warriors Orochi scenario, smack all the characters in one world and have an original story as the background.

There were constant jokes about him "going emo" and "committing suicide and coming back as a ghost for revenge" with TMS, and PXZ2 is pretty under the radar. For a lord whose flaw is being too generic, seeing constant jokes about him got old quick. Hopefully this will quiet those down.

to be fair that persona 4 shadow comic was hilarious

yeah I was think the only redeeming quality corrrin has is when she's not another male swordsman and it's a fair switch up from robin, but smash/amiibo seems to be canonizing male corrin

It's not simply Smash; all FMV cutscenes in Fates, when Corrin is required to be shown, rolls the default male option. Most obvious in Mikoto's death scene, where in the first shot you can see his hair only halfway blocked by a hat, and then again during the transformation sequence.

Speaking of which, partial shifting into a dragon isn't a redeeming quality?

It helps that official art for both male and female Corrin exists, AND they both have a kingdom/campaign associated with them (Hoshido/Birthright for M!Corrin, Nohr/Conquest for F!Corrin) which gives both of them a rather equal marketing push for one another, compared to Robin only getting marketed when they showed up in Smash Bros. which, as you said, gave most of the focus to M!Robin thanks to the official artwork of them and the amiibo.

I can't actually remember which trailers featured F!Robin besides the one bit at the end of Robin and Lucina's initial release trailer (which had M!Robin hog most of the action of the two).

EDIT: Oh wait, that wasn't what you were saying to me at all, haha. Oh well.

Edited by Folt

the fanfiction-esque dragon stuff is one of his worst traits imo

But as far as moveset and actual gameplay, there's a lot more that can be done than simply "a dude with a sword".

I wonder if they'll go with Medeus being the main villain. He's the first, but Fire Emblem really doesn't have a core villain like Ganondorf, and I don't really feel like he'd fit. I'm going to hope for Trabant, Alvis, Lyon, Ashnard and Walhart as the main enemies, with Naesala appearing in a few missions and being an annoying pest.

I realize the story takes the backseat in these kinds of games, but some character interaction would be nice, especially if it happens between characters who'd never meet otherwise. I mean, I'm only half joking when I say Sigurd and Flora getting a bad feeling whenever they have to go up against someone who uses fire magic would be a fun thing to include.

As for the music, we definitely need Genealogy of the Holy War's battle theme; I could listen to that thing for hours, and if it gets a cool remix, then that'd be great.

I wouldn't be surprised if he or another dragon served as the final boss (though not necessarily the main string puller) considering this series has a huge attraction history with them in the role. Even TMS had Medeus get brought back in as the final boss of that game, and he was basically just an evil force compared to the actions of the guys before him. With that said, looking at what happened with HW, I can see them bring back villains like Lang and Walhart as they did the same thing with Ghirahim and Zant despite Cia and her band existing. So I could see them brought back in to serve the plot as needed for the respective worlds that appear in the same manner while some of the original villains tie them together for one true evil purpose, which would be fun to see as some like Walhart have ideologies that would contrast with previous heroes and villains well (especially Alm if he appeared).

Edited by Medeus

And, the other Warriors games aren't just skins of the base Dynasty Warriors?

I didn't mean copy-paste. It would be tailored to fit the context of the game, of course. Though as much as I like delegating, I know realistically it would not be in the final product.

That said, they're probably going to pull a Warriors Orochi scenario, smack all the characters in one world and have an original story as the background.

That's the thing, they're not. Samurai Warriors for instance restricts movesets so characters are more unique and its Musou was bullet time instead of a super move, Warriors of Troy had a three button moveset which radically altered gameplay. As for the crossovers , the Gundam series had far more freedom of movement and focus on long range fighting due to the mecha, Hyrule Warriors brought on the giant bosses, the Weak Point gauge, the tools, every character having a unique mechanic to supplement their moveset, and freaky creatures, which are then replicated in Berserk and the Band of Hawk, which also adds some characters' super modes radically altering their movesets.

And I did finally figure out ONE thing that FE could contribute to the Warriors formula without being redundant or subtractive from the whole: the branching class and promotion systems. While it is tempting to just stuff the game with too many characters and lead to homogenization of movesets, the Class and promotion systems changes that and allows diversity while also keeping the roster prevalent on quality instead of quantity, such as perhaps giving Chrom a Lord, Archer, and Cavalier moveset while, say, Caeda would have Pegasus Knight, Cleric, and Myrmidon moveset. Branching classes could also do this by having the promotions be related, but have different applications like how in TMS Chrom's Great Lord and Conqueror classes emphasized different movesets and had different stats. It doesn't fix all the problems and it's only one thing, but that's at least something, even if it's not as radical as what Hyrule Warriors did.

We were saying that about TMS as well. Look what happened there.

Plenty of us were burned (to varying extents) twice in a row already; it's hard not to expect the worse now. And if it surprises us? Good. But we've been shown how unfounded hype leads nowhere, and precedence tells us to expect the worst.

I want it to be better and more inclusive of the series, but I doubt it will be- because what we have points towards that conclusion. I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

But there's a bug difference with the end product of TMS and the end product of FE Warriors. FE Warriors has space to include a lot of characters, or at least a better number than a modern RPG. TMS is different due its nature. Sure, they had issues marketing the game since it was shown all the lords and some SMT characters which led us to believe there was something big on development. However they apparently had some issues and changed the project, which are natural issues that may occur during development, although it was a huge misstep to advertise the game in such a way. Despite all the shitter, I find TMS to be a pretty solid game, and as a result, I have my hopes and high expectations on the Warriors game tbh I have more hope on spin offs and cross overs than the main game.

That said, I feel the same as shadowofchaos, I feel the site is being too harsh and negative on new projects, and don't look far beyond superfluous barriers (like people rejecting TMS because it doesn't have their favorite characters and feature only Archanea and Ylisse content).

More on topic, I think the following characters may be playable:

- Marth, Caeda, Tiki

- Alm, Celica

- Hardin (?), Nyna (?)

- Sigurd, Deirdre/Cuan (?), Seliph

- Leif, Nanna/Evayle (?)

- Roy, Lilina, Zephiel (?)

- Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian/Nils (?)

- Eirika, Ephraim

- Ike, Elincia, Black Knight

- Micaiah, Sothe

- Chrom, Robin (M, F), Lissa

- Corrin (M, F), Azura, Xander, Ryoma

And I did finally figure out ONE thing that FE could contribute to the Warriors formula without being redundant or subtractive from the whole: the branching class and promotion systems. While it is tempting to just stuff the game with too many characters and lead to homogenization of movesets, the Class and promotion systems changes that and allows diversity while also keeping the roster prevalent on quality instead of quantity, such as perhaps giving Chrom a Lord, Archer, and Cavalier moveset while, say, Caeda would have Pegasus Knight, Cleric, and Myrmidon moveset. Branching classes could also do this by having the promotions be related, but have different applications like how in TMS Chrom's Great Lord and Conqueror classes emphasized different movesets and had different stats. It doesn't fix all the problems and it's only one thing, but that's at least something, even if it's not as radical as what Hyrule Warriors did.

That would be pretty cool, actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if he or another dragon served as the final boss (though not necessarily the main string puller) considering this series has a huge attraction history with them in the role. Even TMS had Medeus get brought back in as the final boss of that game, and he was basically just an evil force compared to the actions of the guys before him. With that said, looking at what happened with HW, I can see them bring back villains like Lang and Walhart as they did the same thing with Ghirahim and Zant despite Cia and her band existing. So I could see them brought back in to serve the plot as needed for the respective worlds that appear in the same manner while some of the original villains tie them together for one true evil purpose, which would be fun to see as some like Walhart have ideologies that would contrast with previous heroes and villains well (especially Alm if he appeared).

Dude, Walhart ain't going to serve no dragon. The Conqueror works for a world of man, not gods!

A visual representation of my idealized cast that I threw together right before the new year:

FE_Warriors_Ideal_Cast.png

I didn't quite get around to adding a bow user; I'd take Shinon, Takumi, or both.

I could see Shinon being a lot rougher, using his bow like a melee weapon sometimes (put some blades on the tips) with archery being more for follow-up attacks. Takumi would be a more classical archer.

Edited by The DanMan

A visual representation of my idealized cast that I threw together right before the new year:

I didn't quite get around to adding a bow user; I'd take Shinon, Takumi, or both.

I could see Shinon being a lot rougher, using his bow like a melee weapon sometimes (put some blades on the on the tips) with archery being more for follow-up attacks. Takumi would be a more classical archer.

Looks pretty solid to me, although I'd add Tiki and probably Sothe.

I could see Shinon being a lot rougher, using his bow like a melee weapon sometimes (put some blades on the on the tips) with archery being more for follow-up attacks. Takumi would be a more classical archer.

I like it, though I think Trabant and Walhart would be great additions to a rather slim selection of villains.

I also like your idea of Shinon and Takumi; I'd also emphasize Takumi's Fujin Yumi, which could let him soar and move faster than most people, or something like that.

Looks pretty solid to me, although I'd add Tiki and probably Sothe.

Tiki honestly slipped my mind.

Also, due to his Awakening class, I had Leif pegged as more of a trickster-y thief (with Alm taking more after Fates' Dread Fighter and being basically a ninja).

But there's a bug difference with the end product of TMS and the end product of FE Warriors. FE Warriors has space to include a lot of characters, or at least a better number than a modern RPG. TMS is different due its nature. Sure, they had issues marketing the game since it was shown all the lords and some SMT characters which led us to believe there was something big on development. However they apparently had some issues and changed the project, which are natural issues that may occur during development, although it was a huge misstep to advertise the game in such a way. Despite all the shitter, I find TMS to be a pretty solid game, and as a result, I have my hopes and high expectations on the Warriors game tbh I have more hope on spin offs and cross overs than the main game.

That said, I feel the same as shadowofchaos, I feel the site is being too harsh and negative on new projects, and don't look far beyond superfluous barriers (like people rejecting TMS because it doesn't have their favorite characters and feature only Archanea and Ylisse content).

More on topic, I think the following characters may be playable:

- Marth, Caeda, Tiki

- Alm, Celica

- Hardin (?), Nyna (?)

- Sigurd, Deirdre/Cuan (?), Seliph

- Leif, Nanna/Evayle (?)

- Roy, Lilina, Zephiel (?)

- Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian/Nils (?)

- Eirika, Ephraim

- Ike, Elincia, Black Knight

- Micaiah, Sothe

- Chrom, Robin (M, F), Lissa

- Corrin (M, F), Azura, Xander, Ryoma

What would Lissa play like? Would she be promoted and use an axe as a melee weapon?

Edited by CountessGardy

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, January 13, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, January 13, 2017 - No reason given

(HOW TO GET RID OF DOUBLE-POSTS?!)

Edited by CountessGardy