FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

I too fear for the small rooster, but if Koei manage to make every character unique, then it is just fine. And there is alway DLC!

On the other note, what kind of plot will you think this game will have? Dimensional travelling? I haven't play Hyurle Warrior, so I have no idea what direction would games like this most likely to go.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, you're provably wrong in regards to memorable characters. The initial release of HW had over a dozen iconic members of the Zelda cast not including originals like Lana, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro (the latter two still being based off iconic enemies). By the time of HW Legends DLC the roster expanded to over twenty. And that's before you get into how some of the characters had different weapon styles which ballooned the variety to forty. And there are people who STILL want certain characters that didn't make it in the game.

Secondly, the reason people are holding back on their lists is simple: quality over quantity.

No, I'm not. You're mentioning only up to 20 characters, and I was talking about 50. Zelda doesn't have 50 notable/memorable characters.

And duh, of course that's the reason. I held back a little myself for exactly that. But I feel like that even with a fairly sizable starting roster, we can get good quality.

I too fear for the small rooster, but if Koei manage to make every character unique, then it is just fine. And there is alway DLC!

On the other note, what kind of plot will you think this game will have? Dimensional travelling? I haven't play Hyurle Warrior, so I have no idea what direction would games like this most likely to go.

Dragon Gate/Alternative Universe shenanigans would be my guess. The main villain will probably be an original character à la Cia, so I think we'll be seeing Gharnef/Validar/Garon type villains mainly, with Medeus/Grima/Anankos as a bigger bad/man-behind-the-man kind of deal.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

No, I'm not. You're mentioning only up to 20 characters, and I was talking about 50. Zelda doesn't have 50 notable/memorable characters.

And duh, of course that's the reason. I held back a little myself for exactly that. But I feel like that even with a fairly sizable starting roster, we can get good quality.

But precedence goes against that. Everything we have points towards around 20-30 characters at launch not because there "couldn't be more" but that it doesn't seem logistically possible to make more than that many unique characters for an initial release.

But precedence goes against that. Everything we have points towards around 20-30 characters at launch not because there "couldn't be more" but that it doesn't seem logistically possible to make more than that many unique characters for an initial release.

I never said there couldn't be 20-30 in the base game, I'm totally fine with that. Hyrule Warriors only had like 15 to start with. I'm saying that 20-30 overall including DLC is a bit low given FE's huge cast.

I never said there couldn't be 20-30 in the base game, I'm totally fine with that. Hyrule Warriors only had like 15 to start with. I'm saying that 20-30 overall including DLC is a bit low given FE's huge cast.

Okay; you hadn't made yourself clear on that front.

Anyways, I just had a thought: this may be the first dubbed game in the Warriors franchise since 8XL in 2014. I wonder if it'll go fully voiced like mainline Warriors games or do voice grunts with key cutscenes being fully voiced a la 3DS FE titles.

I'm looking forward to Yuri Lowenthal further polishing up his Marth voice.

I don't expect a large cast maybe 20 characters at most. Koei usually starts with small casts in each of their warriors series. Like how Dynasty warriors Gundam only had around 16 characters in the first game.

I don't expect a large cast maybe 20 characters at most. Koei usually starts with small casts in each of their warriors series. Like how Dynasty warriors Gundam only had around 16 characters in the first game.

Yeah, I'm expecting closer to 20 myself; 30's a real upper-limit.

Tentatively excited.

My list:

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Garnef

Sigurd

Arvis

Alm

Celica

Roy

Lyn

Ephraim

Lyon

Ike

Micaiah

Sothe

Black Knight

Chrom

Lucina

Robin

Gangrel

Aversa

Walhart

Kamui

Xander

Ryoma

Camilla

Takumi

Garon

Anankos

Anna

30 characters (20 heroes, 9 villains, and 1 mascot)

Plus Severa/Owain/Inigo/Selena/Odin/Laslow, Leo/Hinoka/Elise/Sakura, and Whitewings DLC. 40 characters in total.

Edit: forgot Azura who is most certainly in so make that 41 characters.

Also for fun here is a totally no-shits-given list that will probably be closer to the actual roster than my other guess.

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Xane

Jagen

Garnef

Roy

Lyn

Hector

Ephraim

L'arachel

Ike

Black Knight

Oliver

Chrom

Lucina

Robin

Severa

Owain

Inigo

Tharja

Validar

Gangrel

Aversa

Walhart

Kamui

Xander

Ryoma

Camilla

Hinoka

Leo

Takumi

Elise

Sakura

Azura

Garon

Anankos

Anna

Jake

Edited by Book Bro

Before I start my list, I have a crazy idea / speculation.

Fire Emblem's class system will serve as a basis for common fodder, with promoted variants being used for officers. Essentially, the basic moveset for all characters are based off class, but major player characters will get special abilities or additional moves based off of their character.

So, if hypothetically movesets were baseline on class while spotlight characters get extra moves, we could see other characters acting as officers instead of generics. So, say if we were fighting Chrom, Chrom would have a full moveset since he is a "spotlight character." Lissa, Fredrick, , Sumia, Vaike, and the other Shepherds could appear as officers but with a generic moveset based off of their class. The same can be said of Fate's Royal Siblings: Camilla, Leo, Elise, Hionka, Takumi, and Sakura.

Granted, this is unlikely due to all the art and voice that would have to be put into them, but it is an interesting idea nonetheless. The alternative is that all of these "characters" also make up "avatar parts," so Koei can hit two birds with one stone. Although, if there is actually voice acting, I hope there will be an English option...

Now, to the List Bandwagon!

[spoiler=Character List]Likely Candidates (Awakening, Fates, Archanea)

- Original Hero 1: Gotta be someone original to gather everyone together.

- Original Villain 1: Gotta be someone who screwed everything up so the Hero can gather everyone together.

- Chrom: Practically confirmed from the trailer, so we know we are getting some Awakening reps.

- Male Robin: Male Robin seems to be the Canon Robin, and if Awakening is involved, he practically has to be present. It helps he can serve as a tactician character among a cast of mostly nobles. Also, he has potential story-wise...

- Lucina: Another famous character from Awakening, Smash, and PxZ2. I bet the real Marth will show up, so they can always do the Lucina / Marth thing.

- Grima: Come on, fighting on the back of a giant dragon is awesome. Warrior games tend to go for awesome factor. Also, story potential. As for actual portrayal, probably mainly a stage with an altered moveset for a certain character...

- Gangrel: I personally rather have Gangrel than Validar, bu I see them going Validar if they are going to use Grima. Aversa can stay a generic.

- Tiki (Adult): I imagine Tiki will be like the Midna situation in Hyrule Warriors, where she will be portrayed in both her adult and child forms. Whether one form or the other will be DLC, I am unsure.

- Female Corrin: Female Corrin seems to be getting most of the spotlight (So Conquest is canon folks! You heard it here first!...), so I think she will be used as Fate's Avatar representation. She will be unique by combining her swordplay with her Dragonstone.

- Xander: I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can fight both mounted and unmounted based off the cutscenes of Fates.

- Ryoma: I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can serve as the "Fast Swordsman" type character.

- Azura: Um, Diaochan with a spear? Anyone? No?

- Garon: Not my personal favorite, but considering his antagonist role in Fates, his role playing Fate's FEW villain is high. A part of my hopes they play around with Garon more to make his story more awesome instead of what we got in Fates... (Redeemed Garon? Please?)

- Anakos: Apparently he already has the power to mess around with dimensions, so he may play a role in the story. Personally, I rather have Grima since he is more awesome, and has more story potential instead of boring Anakos. Besides, I mostly see him serving as an NPC role unless they make big bosses a thing in FEW.

- Marth: Gotta have the first guy, whether you like him or not. I suppose he'll be a fencing character?

- Caeda: Where Marth goes, Caeda follows. I think she may be the only flier on the roster.

- Camus: Who better to represent the Camus archetype than Camus himself?

- Gharnef: The Dark Magic villain guy.

- Medeus: The likely final villain for Shadow Dragon.

- Tiki (Child): I imagine Tiki will be like the Midna situation in Hyrule Warriors, where she will be portrayed in both her adult and child forms. Whether one form or the other will be DLC, I am unsure.

Extra:

- Ike: WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! *ahem* I see Ike being a fan favorite, and considering he is roaming the land at the end of Radiant Dawn, who's to say he somehow got caught up in FEW?

- Roy: Smash rep, but considering he didn't show up for Fates, I'll consider his probability a little lower than the others.

Priority Wishlist:

- The Awakening Trio (Inigo, Owain, Severa): Partly due to favoritism and because I want to see fan reactions when these three show up, again. I love these three, I can't help it! Also, the story potential with Awakening and the Fates cast...

- Walhart: While I would like him in, I think for diversity they will go for other characters. Unless, they make Walhart the Lu Bu of FEW, "Do not pursue the Conquerer!"

- The Black Knight: Ike's counterpart. He is also perfect to serve as the Lu Bu of FEW, serving as a slow but unstoppable force of destruction.

- Ashnard: Another enemy to Ike. Currently unique in the fact that there are no real "Wyvern" or "Dragon" Knights on the roster.

- Micaiah: There's plenty of male Dark Mages, so why not a female Light Mage to balance things out? Also, Micaiah bias.

- Ashera: Micaiah's enemy. We have powerful dragons and magic users, why not a Goddess as an antagonist?

FE 7

- Hector: I went Hector in so he can annihilate everything.

- Lyn: Smash rep as an assist trophy, and can do well with a sword & bow skill set.

- Eliwood: One of the main lords, so he'll make it in.

- Nergal: The main antagonist of Blazing Sword.

- Sonia: The recognizable character of Nergal's morphs who also manipulated the Black Fang.

FE 8

- Erika & Ephraim: The twin lords from Sacred Stones.

- Lyon: The main antagonist of Sacred Stones. I think I am seeing a pattern with dark magic users being villains...

- Seth: Personal request, but Seth could solo FEW on his own. Also serves as a Jeigan character.

- Duessel: Personal request since he is my top favorite character in Sacred Stones and can serve as a "Great Knight" character.

FE 9-10

- Sothe: We currently lack a dedicated "thief" and he has ties to both Ike and Micaiah.

- Elincia: An alternative Pegasus Knight to Caeda.

- Nephenee: Personal request, but also serves as a character for the "Soldier" class.

- Tibarn: I think he was one of the more prominent Laguz, so why not add a Laguz to FEW?

- Oliver: Why not? Make it happen!

FE 1,3,11,12

- Hardin: So we can have Dark Emperor Hardin.

- Katrina: To do a bit of the New Mystery Remake storyline with the assassins.

- Kris: To do a bit of the New Mystery Remake storyline with the assassins.

FE 13

- Fredrick: Serves as a mounted unit and advisor to Chrom.

- Lissa: There is no real "healer" on the roster, but I see Lissa being a Battle Cleric wielding an axe.

FE 14

- Leo, Takumi: The fan favorite royal brothers. Takumi can serve as the archer while Leo a mounted mage.

- Arthur: Nohr representative OF JUSTICE. The Awakening Trio can work, but I have them listed elsewhere.

- Oboro: Hoshisian representative and fan favorite.

NPC

- Anna: Possibly as a DLC character later. Anna is everywhere!

- Jake: If anyone even remembers who Jake is.

- Blacksmith and Shopkeep: Fire Emblem staples, unless they just use Anna for everything.

- Naga: May serve as overall guidance for Chrom and company.

- Emmeryn: May serve well as an NPC (just so we can hear "Don't Say Her Name!") or even playable depending on what route they take with her.

- Lilith: Wherever Corrin goes, I bit Lilith will follow. This is especially the case if they go the Anakos route for Fates.

- Felicia, Flora, & Jacob: If not generic units, then NPCs. They are heavily tied to Corrin. (Now that I think about it, Corrin has ties with everyone while Robin has much less ties...)

- Rainbow Sage: Corrin's main story advisor.

- Elice: Marth's sister, may provide some story input.

- Gotoh: Marth's story advisor.

[spoiler=Music Wishlist]Music Wishlist

- Divine Decree: Personal request, but they did use it for PxZ2. I can see this being used for Chrom.

- Destiny: Personal request. I can see this being used for Lucina.

- Chaos: Personal request. I want to see things go insane and dark in FEW, and Chaos could be a good theme for it.

- Id (Purpose): If Robin is in, gotta have his theme somewhere. Why not give the theme some sense of purpose for an awesome battle?

- Don't Say Her Name: Something different from all the "pumped up" tracks.

- A Dark Fall: Nohr's theme.

- Alight: Hoshido's theme.

- Thorn in You: Corrin's Theme (Probably not, but I consider it a good song to represent Corrin's divided loyalties.)

- Lost in Thoughts All Alone: Azura's Theme

- Footsteps of Fate: One of my personal favorite tracks from Shadow Dragon.

- The Time to Act: An upbeat theme for Marth's company.

- Come, Join Us (Together, We Ride!): This HAS to be in somewhere. It's the classic recruitment theme!

- The Little Divine Dragon: If Tiki's in, this obviously has to show somewhere.

- Endless Battle: A nice theme from New Mystery.

- Eternal Bond: Considering this was used as "Ike's Theme" in Brawl, I can see FEW remixing Eternal Bond if Ike shows up.

- Unstoppable Destiny: The Black Knight. I would advise not engaging him...

- Conviction: More of less Micaiah's theme and a personal favorite.

- Bearer of Hope: I know Elincia has her own theme, but this can work well in battles involving her.

- Companions: We need to spread awareness of how awesome the GBA games are, including their soundtracks. Companions is amazing if FE7 makes it in!

- Dragon's Gate II: Used for a final showdown against Nergal.

- Determination: Gotta be used for Ephraim. That man can take a castle with only four men, including himself!

- Rise Above: Maybe this can be used for Erika?

- Confront the Past: A nice theme from Sacred Stones.

- Powerful Foe: Tell me this does not fit the music style of the Warrior games. It'll be perfect for FEW!

Zelda doesn't have 50 notable/memorable characters.

Hmmm, methinks I heard a gauntlet being thrown. Ahem

1. Link
  2. Zelda
  3. Ganon/Ganondorf
  4. Impa
  5. Agahnim
  6. Shasrahla
  7. Papahl
  8. Sheik
  9. Rauru
  10. Saria
  11. Darunia
  12. Ruto
  13. Impa
  14. Nabooru
  15. Malon
  16. Twinrova
  17. Talon
  18. Skull Kid
  19. The Happy Mask Salesman
  20. Darmani III
  21. Mikau
  22. Tingle
  23. Kafei
  24. Zubora and Gabora (who might as well be one character)
  25. Igos du Ikona
  26. Nayru
  27. Queen Ambi
  28. Ralph
  29. Veran
  30. The Captain
  31. Maple
  32. Din
  33. Onox
  34. Vaati
  35. Tetra
  36. Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule
  37. Aryll
  38. Orca
  39. Sturgeon
  40. Medli
  41. Makar
  42. Ezlo
  43. The Blade Brothers
  44. Zant
  45. Midna
  46. Ilia
  47. Shad
  48. Rusl
  49. Agitha
  50. Ashei
  51. Yeto

I stopped at Twilight Princess. And I restricted myself to people who were playable in HW or could reasonably be playable (though Agitha alone puts that metric outta whack). You were saying?

Edited by Aiddon

1. Link
  2. Zelda
  3. Ganon/Ganondorf
  4. Impa
  5. Agahnim
  6. Shasrahla
  7. Papahl
  8. Sheik
  9. Rauru
  10. Saria
  11. Darunia
  12. Ruto
  13. Impa
  14. Nabooru
  15. Malon
  16. Twinrova
  17. Talon
  18. Skull Kid
  20. Darmani III
  21. Mikau
  22. Tingle
  23. Kafei
  25. Igos du Ikona
  26. Nayru
  27. Queen Ambi
  28. Ralph
  29. Veran
  30. The Captain
  31. Maple
  32. Din
  33. Onox
  34. Vaati
  35. Tetra
  37. Aryll
  38. Orca
  39. Sturgeon
  40. Medli
  41. Makar
  42. Ezlo
  43. The Blade Brothers
  44. Zant
  45. Midna
  46. Ilia
  47. Shad
  48. Rusl
  49. Agitha
  50. Ashei
  51. Yeto

I stopped at Twilight Princess. And I restricted myself to people who were playable in HW or could reasonably be playable (though Agitha alone puts that metric outta whack). You were saying?

A lot of those are minor and obscure characters, not very notable at all. I don't even know who the hell "the captain" is supposed to be.

I'd love some English voice acting myself. Just, Jason Adkins needs to do Ike right again this time. He did great in Codename Steam, but then made Ike sound like a shy quiet man in Fates... :/ Though it also didn't help that a good portion of his Fates lines were rather blah.

Edited by Anacybele

Before I start my list, I have a crazy idea / speculation.

Fire Emblem's class system will serve as a basis for common fodder, with promoted variants being used for officers. Essentially, the basic moveset for all characters are based off class, but major player characters will get special abilities or additional moves based off of their character.

So, if hypothetically movesets were baseline on class while spotlight characters get extra moves, we could see other characters acting as officers instead of generics. So, say if we were fighting Chrom, Chrom would have a full moveset since he is a "spotlight character." Lissa, Fredrick, , Sumia, Vaike, and the other Shepherds could appear as officers but with a generic moveset based off of their class. The same can be said of Fate's Royal Siblings: Camilla, Leo, Elise, Hionka, Takumi, and Sakura.

Granted, this is unlikely due to all the art and voice that would have to be put into them, but it is an interesting idea nonetheless. The alternative is that all of these "characters" also make up "avatar parts," so Koei can hit two birds with one stone. Although, if there is actually voice acting, I hope there will be an English option...

Now, to the List Bandwagon!

[spoiler=Character List]Likely Candidates (Awakening, Fates, Archanea)

- Original Hero 1: Gotta be someone original to gather everyone together.

- Original Villain 1: Gotta be someone who screwed everything up so the Hero can gather everyone together.

- Chrom: Practically confirmed from the trailer, so we know we are getting some Awakening reps.

- Male Robin: Male Robin seems to be the Canon Robin, and if Awakening is involved, he practically has to be present. It helps he can serve as a tactician character among a cast of mostly nobles. Also, he has potential story-wise...

- Lucina: Another famous character from Awakening, Smash, and PxZ2. I bet the real Marth will show up, so they can always do the Lucina / Marth thing.

- Grima: Come on, fighting on the back of a giant dragon is awesome. Warrior games tend to go for awesome factor. Also, story potential. As for actual portrayal, probably mainly a stage with an altered moveset for a certain character...

- Gangrel: I personally rather have Gangrel than Validar, bu I see them going Validar if they are going to use Grima. Aversa can stay a generic.

- Tiki (Adult): I imagine Tiki will be like the Midna situation in Hyrule Warriors, where she will be portrayed in both her adult and child forms. Whether one form or the other will be DLC, I am unsure.

- Female Corrin: Female Corrin seems to be getting most of the spotlight (So Conquest is canon folks! You heard it here first!...), so I think she will be used as Fate's Avatar representation. She will be unique by combining her swordplay with her Dragonstone.

- Xander: I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can fight both mounted and unmounted based off the cutscenes of Fates.

- Ryoma: I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can serve as the "Fast Swordsman" type character.

- Azura: Um, Diaochan with a spear? Anyone? No?

- Garon: Not my personal favorite, but considering his antagonist role in Fates, his role playing Fate's FEW villain is high. A part of my hopes they play around with Garon more to make his story more awesome instead of what we got in Fates... (Redeemed Garon? Please?)

- Anakos: Apparently he already has the power to mess around with dimensions, so he may play a role in the story. Personally, I rather have Grima since he is more awesome, and has more story potential instead of boring Anakos. Besides, I mostly see him serving as an NPC role unless they make big bosses a thing in FEW.

- Marth: Gotta have the first guy, whether you like him or not. I suppose he'll be a fencing character?

- Caeda: Where Marth goes, Caeda follows. I think she may be the only flier on the roster.

- Camus: Who better to represent the Camus archetype than Camus himself?

- Gharnef: The Dark Magic villain guy.

- Medeus: The likely final villain for Shadow Dragon.

- Tiki (Child): I imagine Tiki will be like the Midna situation in Hyrule Warriors, where she will be portrayed in both her adult and child forms. Whether one form or the other will be DLC, I am unsure.

Extra:

- Ike: WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! *ahem* I see Ike being a fan favorite, and considering he is roaming the land at the end of Radiant Dawn, who's to say he somehow got caught up in FEW?

- Roy: Smash rep, but considering he didn't show up for Fates, I'll consider his probability a little lower than the others.

Priority Wishlist:

- The Awakening Trio (Inigo, Owain, Severa): Partly due to favoritism and because I want to see fan reactions when these three show up, again. I love these three, I can't help it! Also, the story potential with Awakening and the Fates cast...

- Walhart: While I would like him in, I think for diversity they will go for other characters. Unless, they make Walhart the Lu Bu of FEW, "Do not pursue the Conquerer!"

- The Black Knight: Ike's counterpart. He is also perfect to serve as the Lu Bu of FEW, serving as a slow but unstoppable force of destruction.

- Ashnard: Another enemy to Ike. Currently unique in the fact that there are no real "Wyvern" or "Dragon" Knights on the roster.

- Micaiah: There's plenty of male Dark Mages, so why not a female Light Mage to balance things out? Also, Micaiah bias.

- Ashera: Micaiah's enemy. We have powerful dragons and magic users, why not a Goddess as an antagonist?

FE 7

- Hector: I went Hector in so he can annihilate everything.

- Lyn: Smash rep as an assist trophy, and can do well with a sword & bow skill set.

- Eliwood: One of the main lords, so he'll make it in.

- Nergal: The main antagonist of Blazing Sword.

- Sonia: The recognizable character of Nergal's morphs who also manipulated the Black Fang.

FE 8

- Erika & Ephraim: The twin lords from Sacred Stones.

- Lyon: The main antagonist of Sacred Stones. I think I am seeing a pattern with dark magic users being villains...

- Seth: Personal request, but Seth could solo FEW on his own. Also serves as a Jeigan character.

- Duessel: Personal request since he is my top favorite character in Sacred Stones and can serve as a "Great Knight" character.

FE 9-10

- Sothe: We currently lack a dedicated "thief" and he has ties to both Ike and Micaiah.

- Elincia: An alternative Pegasus Knight to Caeda.

- Nephenee: Personal request, but also serves as a character for the "Soldier" class.

- Tibarn: I think he was one of the more prominent Laguz, so why not add a Laguz to FEW?

- Oliver: Why not? Make it happen!

FE 1,3,11,12

- Hardin: So we can have Dark Emperor Hardin.

- Katrina: To do a bit of the New Mystery Remake storyline with the assassins.

- Kris: To do a bit of the New Mystery Remake storyline with the assassins.

FE 13

- Fredrick: Serves as a mounted unit and advisor to Chrom.

- Lissa: There is no real "healer" on the roster, but I see Lissa being a Battle Cleric wielding an axe.

FE 14

- Leo, Takumi: The fan favorite royal brothers. Takumi can serve as the archer while Leo a mounted mage.

- Arthur: Nohr representative OF JUSTICE. The Awakening Trio can work, but I have them listed elsewhere.

- Oboro: Hoshisian representative and fan favorite.

NPC

- Anna: Possibly as a DLC character later. Anna is everywhere!

- Jake: If anyone even remembers who Jake is.

- Blacksmith and Shopkeep: Fire Emblem staples, unless they just use Anna for everything.

- Naga: May serve as overall guidance for Chrom and company.

- Emmeryn: May serve well as an NPC (just so we can hear "Don't Say Her Name!") or even playable depending on what route they take with her.

- Lilith: Wherever Corrin goes, I bit Lilith will follow. This is especially the case if they go the Anakos route for Fates.

- Felicia, Flora, & Jacob: If not generic units, then NPCs. They are heavily tied to Corrin. (Now that I think about it, Corrin has ties with everyone while Robin has much less ties...)

- Rainbow Sage: Corrin's main story advisor.

- Elice: Marth's sister, may provide some story input.

- Gotoh: Marth's story advisor.

[spoiler=Music Wishlist]Music Wishlist

- Divine Decree: Personal request, but they did use it for PxZ2. I can see this being used for Chrom.

- Destiny: Personal request. I can see this being used for Lucina.

- Chaos: Personal request. I want to see things go insane and dark in FEW, and Chaos could be a good theme for it.

- Id (Purpose): If Robin is in, gotta have his theme somewhere. Why not give the theme some sense of purpose for an awesome battle?

- Don't Say Her Name: Something different from all the "pumped up" tracks.

- A Dark Fall: Nohr's theme.

- Alight: Hoshido's theme.

- Thorn in You: Corrin's Theme (Probably not, but I consider it a good song to represent Corrin's divided loyalties.)

- Lost in Thoughts All Alone: Azura's Theme

- Footsteps of Fate: One of my personal favorite tracks from Shadow Dragon.

- The Time to Act: An upbeat theme for Marth's company.

- Come, Join Us (Together, We Ride!): This HAS to be in somewhere. It's the classic recruitment theme!

- The Little Divine Dragon: If Tiki's in, this obviously has to show somewhere.

- Endless Battle: A nice theme from New Mystery.

- Eternal Bond: Considering this was used as "Ike's Theme" in Brawl, I can see FEW remixing Eternal Bond if Ike shows up.

- Unstoppable Destiny: The Black Knight. I would advise not engaging him...

- Conviction: More of less Micaiah's theme and a personal favorite.

- Bearer of Hope: I know Elincia has her own theme, but this can work well in battles involving her.

- Companions: We need to spread awareness of how awesome the GBA games are, including their soundtracks. Companions is amazing if FE7 makes it in!

- Dragon's Gate II: Used for a final showdown against Nergal.

- Determination: Gotta be used for Ephraim. That man can take a castle with only four men, including himself!

- Rise Above: Maybe this can be used for Erika?

- Confront the Past: A nice theme from Sacred Stones.

- Powerful Foe: Tell me this does not fit the music style of the Warrior games. It'll be perfect for FEW!

Micaiah bias, I really want her so much in this freaking game

PLEASE IS PLEASE KT!

Oh, my God, it's really happening. I was watching the presentation in the airport. When I saw the Koei Tecmo logo I knew it was a Warriors title. I thought it would be Hyrule Warriors and wasn't even considering FE, but when I saw Falchion my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't get too excited because of where I was, but it basically made the presentation for me.

My only wants:

Anna

Lyn

Micaiah

Lucina

Tiki (less so than the above 4, but would be very nice)

And please please please don't include Robin and Corrin only to have them both be male default. If we have to assign a default gender to them at least go half and half. Probably male Robin and female Corrin in that case, which I could roll with, but I still think the others should be available as alts.

And, naturally, don't do like the dummies at Atlus and limit it to one continent (or two). This is a Fire Emblem fanservice game, so service all of Fire Emblem.

Figured I'd share this here, my thoughts and stuff

I'll be trying to cover all the major news when it hits.

Edited by Jedi The Red

Since everyone is making lists, I'll make one! I made one a long time ago, but looking back on it, I feel like it was perhaps a little too bloated. Okay, anyway:

Lords:

Marth, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Corrin, Azura, Hoshido and Nohr Royal Siblings

I do want Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Eliwood and Hector, but I feel like they won't be in the base game. If they are included, I feel like they'll be included as DLC.

Villains:

Gharnef, Julius, Zephiel, Nergal, Lyon, Black Knight, Gangrel

The same thing I stated above applies to villains, if more are included I think they'll be DLC.

Other:

Tiki, Anna (since Anna is sort of a pseudo-mascot and Tiki is very prominent within the series)

Cain, Abel (as the Christmas cavaliers)

Seth (as the Jagen)

Nino (as the Est)

Palla, Catria, Est (as the Pegasus sister trio...you bent the rules this time, Est!)

Camus (as the Camus)

Caeda (Pegasus unit)

Finn (Cavalier/Paladin unit)

Nanna (mounted healing unit)

Lilina (Mage unit)

Wolt (foot bow unit)

Sue (mounted bow unit)

Matthew (Thief unit)

Canas (Dark Mage unit)

Lucius (Light Mage unit)

Joshua (Myrmidon unit(

Dozla (Pirate unit)

Boyd (Fighter unit)

Brom (Knight unit...LET ME DREAM, OKAY?!)

Jill (Wyvern unit)

Ranulf (shapeshifting unit)

Lissa (foot healing unit)

Gregor (Mercenary unit)

Olivia (Dancer unit)

Kaze (Ninja unit)

Tharja (fanservice character...because you know there's going to be one)

Bandit Twins (Joke characters, akin to Tingle)

Don't forget the last FE crossover with no gameplay in the trailer devolved into TMS, so don't be too surprised when Koei follow their dicks and make an Xtreme game instead.

You have no idea how lazy Koei can be

I don't think a small roster would have anything to do with laziness and more to do with having a small cast of characters to work with to solve balance and quality issues. Then it's just adding more and more through sequels and expansions.

Edited by Folt

A lot of those are minor and obscure characters, not very notable at all. I don't even know who the hell "the captain" is supposed to be.

I'd love some English voice acting myself. Just, Jason Adkins needs to do Ike right again this time. He did great in Codename Steam, but then made Ike sound like a shy quiet man in Fates... :/ Though it also didn't help that a good portion of his Fates lines were rather blah.

Kinda like most non-lord units, huh?

Figured I'd share this here, my thoughts and stuff

I'll be trying to cover all the major news when it hits.

Outside of Ghast's nerdgasm, I do believe this is the first video of its kind. Nobody else seems to have put out a proper discussion video on the matter.

Anyways, the frontpage said the game's coming Holiday 2017. Last time I checked, NOA revealed a list Switch games coming out this year and FE Warriors was absent. Is it coming out that early in Japan, with an early 2018 release here? If so, than my hope for actual gameplay and substance during the Direct just grew a fair bit.

Edited by The DanMan

All those characters for Awakening and you left out Frederick. I'm sad. :(

Apologies. I left out someone else when I went back to add him in. LOL.

I'll fill out my wish list with more chars from FE 6, 7, 8 and 9/10 later today.

People said the same thing about Hyrule Warriors.

...Fire Emblem's not the Legend of Zelda series. They had to struggle to justify some of the characters who made the cut LOL.

Each Fire Emblem game has a massive roster. It is well within reason to expect at least 50 chars in the base game with more added via DLC. Maybe not everyone I listed from Fates (Corrin, Azura, and the Hoshido + Nohr Royals at least) and Awakening (Chrom, Robin, Lucina and Severa/Selena + Laslow/Inigo + Odin/Owain at least) but most of the major chars from the older games will definitely be in. I will be VERY surprised if Ike, Marth and Roy don't make it (LOL).

Yanno, just because its FE and FE has a huge cast, probably doesn't equate to having a large roster. If anything, there'd certainly BE a lot of characters, but who's to say that all of them have to be playable per se?

New idea, (bear with me on this as I'm just waking up, so apologies in advance if it doesnt make any sense) what if, each playable character in the roster had their own small set of a supporting cast that the player can choose from to accompany them in battle, each with their own kind of benefit? The general basis of the idea is essentially "bodyguards" for them and I don't remember which actually Warriors game did it, but i vaguely recall it being a thing in earlier titles.

For example, in Chrom's case, his supporting cast would be a select number of the Shepherds and depending on the unit's class and/or weapon will determine what kind of support they would provide. An archer would rain down arrows on command along with attacking an otherwise unreachable enemy; cavs could charge ahead and do... something (haven't fgured out); flying units could freely traverse the map (with limitations of course) via change in altitude and essentially avoid any ground encounters (provided that they avoid arrows, of course); knights do what knights do best: TANK

..... I could expand on this more, but I ran out of ideas.

Kinda like most non-lord units, huh?

That's not exactly fair.

Unlike Zelda and it's minor cast, the minor characters of Fire Emblem are actually fleshed out. You could argue that it goes along with the differences between the series, as Zelda doesn't typically focus on characters as compared to FE, but that's just another reason as to why FE's minor casts would be represented more than Zelda's.

That's not exactly fair.

Unlike Zelda and it's minor cast, the minor characters of Fire Emblem are actually fleshed out. You could argue that it goes along with the differences between the series, as Zelda doesn't typically focus on characters as compared to FE, but that's just another reason as to why FE's minor casts would be represented more than Zelda's.

True, it's not a perfect comparison. Non-lord characters can become "main" characters to the player due to your ability to deploy and use them as much as you want.

Though inversely, unlike Zelda there really aren't any recurring characters in the FE series (outside of Anna, Tiki/Palla/Catria form a three-way tie by appearing in five games).

1. Link
  2. Zelda
  3. Ganon/Ganondorf
  4. Impa
  5. Agahnim
  6. Shasrahla
  7. Papahl
  8. Sheik
  9. Rauru
  10. Saria
  11. Darunia
  12. Ruto
  13. Impa
  14. Nabooru
  15. Malon
  16. Twinrova
  17. Talon
  18. Skull Kid
  20. Darmani III
  21. Mikau
  22. Tingle
  23. Kafei
  25. Igos du Ikona
  26. Nayru
  27. Queen Ambi
  28. Ralph
  29. Veran
  30. The Captain
  31. Maple
  32. Din
  33. Onox
  34. Vaati
  35. Tetra
  37. Aryll
  38. Orca
  39. Sturgeon
  40. Medli
  41. Makar
  42. Ezlo
  43. The Blade Brothers
  44. Zant
  45. Midna
  46. Ilia
  47. Shad
  48. Rusl
  49. Agitha
  50. Ashei
  51. Yeto

Man, I'd love it if Ralph was playable in Hyrule Warriors. Oracle series needs more love. Not sure why you put Papahl on that list though. Especially considering Marin is already playable in Hyrule Warriors (and one could very easily make a case for The Nightmare or Dethl as it's also known).

New idea, (bear with me on this as I'm just waking up, so apologies in advance if it doesnt make any sense) what if, each playable character in the roster had their own small set of a supporting cast that the player can choose from to accompany them in battle, each with their own kind of benefit? The general basis of the idea is essentially "bodyguards" for them and I don't remember which actually Warriors game did it, but i vaguely recall it being a thing in earlier titles.

You'd be thinking of DW4, where you could create four squads which contain up to eight bodyguards each.

SW1 had this too, but you could only carry four members in a group, and you could only create three groups, if I remember right.

Though inversely, unlike Zelda there really aren't any recurring characters in the FE series (outside of Anna, Tiki/Palla/Catria form a three-way tie by appearing in five games).

Which is why Smash chose to represent only Lords, as they're the most universally recognizable overall. They also only used the Lords that have massive popularity or are at least the most relevant. For example, Roy only came back due to fans begging for him to return.

FEW is a much different story, but I believe the same logic will still apply. Marketing is the name of the game with these things, hence why Fates and Awakening are used over Genealogy or even Blazing Sword and the Tellius games.

Also, to be fair, Zelda only has 3 reoccuring characters. Link, Zelda, Ganon and that's it really.

Vaati was only in 3 games, and Tingle was only in 5, aside from his own games in Japan.

Edited by Emerson