FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

Man, I'd love it if Ralph was playable in Hyrule Warriors. Oracle series needs more love. Not sure why you put Papahl on that list though. Especially considering Marin is already playable in Hyrule Warriors (and one could very easily make a case for The Nightmare or Dethl as it's also known).

Like I said, Agitha threw that metric of "justifying" inclusion WAY out of whack, especially when the "Justification" is basically whatever the devs feel like doing. Marin for example wasn't a combatant character, but it didn't matter because her purpose was to represent Link's Awakening as a whole and that was done through choice of weapon and even having the Wind Fish showing up. This isn't anything new for the devs since their philosophy with expanding the roster has always been "whatever feels cool" as that's why Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors have a lot of female combatants despite their historical counterparts being nowhere near a battlefield.

However, whenever they make a new one of these the philosophy is the same: start small and build from it. So I'm predicting this: we will only see characters from Fates, Awakening, and New Mystery of the Emblem. And the roster will not go above twenty characters at launch. The important thing is to include characters that best represent the signature staples of the franchise without having too much overlap. We don't need four myrmidons, five pegasus knights, and six cavaliers for instance. Best to pick the iconic and build from there as I doubt this'll be the last FE Warriors title.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki honestly slipped my mind.

Also, due to his Awakening class, I had Leif pegged as more of a trickster-y thief (with Alm taking more after Fates' Dread Fighter and being basically a ninja).

I honestly think Leif should be some kind of a master of weapons. It would be surely more interersting and fun than a mere "trickster" prince(not to mention that It would leave the "Thief-trickester" spot to another)

But then again, I'd be satisfied with just Lyon.

Okay, I'm sticking to my Archanea/Ylisse/HoshiNohr roster, so here's my prediction strictly for the base game:

Archanea

- Marth

- Caeda

- Cain

- Abel

- Minerva

- Merric

- Linde

- Sirius

- Hardin

- Gharnef

Ylisse

- Chrom

- Robin (M)

- Lucina

- Frederick

- Lissa

- Virion

- Tharja

- Gangrel

- Aversa

- Tiki

Hoshido/Nohr

- Corrin (F)

- Azura

- Ryoma

- Xander

- Hinoka

- Camilla

- Takumi

- Leo

- Sakura

- Elise

Plus Anna and three original characters (A good guy and two villains). Total: 34 characters in base game

I think they'll keep the roster safe for the most part at the base game but add more characters through updates and DLC, which eventually will include side quests with characters from other universes.

I still think Ike and maybe Roy have a high chance of being in the base game as well. And there can still be DLC packs based on Tellius and even Awakening and Fates as well along with games that don't have any representation at the time. Remember, Hyrule Warriors added a TP pack including true form Midna and an Ilia costume for Zelda and all.

I can see Ike, and Micaiah/Elincia being in the base game for Tellius and then a "Radiance Pack" coming later that includes Micaiah/Elincia (whichever wasn't in the base game) and Vanguard and PoR costumes/skins for Ike. I'm assuming that Ike at default will be Hero Ike in RD since that's what's been used a lot lately. Black Knight could be in that DLC pack or the base game too.

Edited by Anacybele

hyrule warriors has about 30 characters after all the dlc so going of that i think we will get at least 30 characters maybe even more since fe has more charecters than zelda

I still think Ike and maybe Roy have a high chance of being in the base game as well. And there can still be DLC packs based on Tellius and even Awakening and Fates as well along with games that don't have any representation at the time. Remember, Hyrule Warriors added a TP pack including true form Midna and an Ilia costume for Zelda and all.

I can see Ike and Micaiah/Elincia being in the base game for Tellius and then a "Radiance Pack" coming later that includes Micaiah/Elincia (whichever wasn't in the base game) and Vanguard and PoR costumes/skins for Ike. I'm assuming that Ike at default will be Hero Ike in RD since that's what's been used a lot lately.

I'd buy a "tellius pack" in a nano second!

How big can the cast be expected to be in this game?

Logic dictates a MASSIVE roster. It's just a question of which games will be represented aside from Fates, Awakening and Path of Radience + Radiant Dawn (all confirmed more or less).

I think the finished product will have at least 50 chars with more added via DLC.

i've forced myself into pessimism until we get more info tbh. i think roy/ike at the bare minimum would be in as bonus/amiibo characters, but would really hope we actually include those other worlds beyond that.

i learned the hard way about hype after how disappointing fates was.

i've forced myself into pessimism until we get more info tbh. i think roy/ike at the bare minimum would be in as bonus/amiibo characters, but would really hope we actually include those other worlds beyond that.

i learned the hard way about hype after how disappointing fates was.

That's interesting...what about fates was so disappointing to you? I was disappointed in the overall direction of fire emblem but when I played fates those fears (for the most part) vanished. What ruined it for you?

I've learned the hard way myself after TMS... Got too hyped for FE's first crossover and I was left very disappointed. Though I also still partly blame Atlus for being completely misleading with the original teaser. They should not have announced it like that if they didn't have any concrete idea of how to go about it yet and if we weren't going to hear anything else for over a year. >_>

Outside of Ghast's nerdgasm, I do believe this is the first video of its kind. Nobody else seems to have put out a proper discussion video on the matter.

Anyways, the frontpage said the game's coming Holiday 2017. Last time I checked, NOA revealed a list Switch games coming out this year and FE Warriors was absent. Is it coming out that early in Japan, with an early 2018 release here? If so, than my hope for actual gameplay and substance during the Direct just grew a fair bit.

That was my hope, I'm trying to be THE fe Warriors guy and I really hope we get more info on the 18th for it.

Logic does NOT indicate a massive roster. They only have so much time and so much budget to work with, it's important for people to keep their expectations in check.

Oh, of course. That's about the only thing I think both IS and Koei would shoot for anyway. They have alot of Fire Emblem games to pull characters from and render, after all. Starting with the most recent and going backward makes the most sense since unique 3D models exist for the cast of Fates, Awakening, PoR + RD and Marth + Roy. It'll be much faster for them to use the existing assets as a base for FE:W. Everyone else they'll have to make from scratch more or less.

I've seen rumors in another thread the release window will be holiday 2017 (presumably in Japan) but first Quarter 2018 seems more realistic to me.

How big can the cast be expected to be in this games?

Since it's the first game, you should expect about 10-15 characters at base. That should let the developers get some quality time making the chosen characters for the first iteration. After that, maybe around 5 more characters who are totally new or made from unique NPC officers. And then sequels and expansions can expand upon that initial roster to include more and more characters.

Since it's the first game, you should expect about 10-15 characters at base. That should let the developers get some quality time making the chosen characters for the first iteration. After that, maybe around 5 more characters who are totally new or made from unique NPC officers. And then sequels and expansions can expand upon that initial roster to include more and more characters.

I disagree, I think we can expect a bit more than that for the base game. Not a whole lot more, but I think 25-30 characters at base is more realistic.

Also, Hyrule Warriors hasn't even gotten a true sequel yet, as Legends is just a port. I skipped it for that reason. If we do get a sequel that includes more characters at base though, hey, I'm all for it, whether it's for Hyrule Warriors, FE Warriors, or both get this treatment.

Edited by Anacybele

How big can the cast be expected to be in this games?

Apparently anywhere from a dozen to 120-some if this thread is any indication. We'll just have to wait and see with the news we'll get next week and/or any news that'll follow. I have a feeling we'll get a good idea before it releases, even if it's just through leaks.

In any case, I'm not gonna get my hopes up for more than just the main characters of SD/MotE, Awakening, and Fates along with their respective villains and a few minor characters because that'd be setting myself up for disappointment in the event that it is exactly that. I mean, I would love more, whether that'd be more from the four games I mentioned or from the series as a whole, but all I can be certain of is that Chrom will be in it and the last four games will get some form of representation.

However, a lad can dream and make inferences. So here's my list of ideal characters, many of whom will very likely not get in this game:

[spoiler=Get ready for a long list]All protagonists and primary antagonists (for example, we get Walhart and Validar, but not Excellus) from all the games

Anna

An Avatar of some kind; maybe in the form of pre-existing avatars

At least one Jeigan/Oifey character

Akaneia Series

Caeda

Tiki (young or old, doesn't matter to me)

Ogma

Minerva

Pegasus Sisters

Christmas Cavaliers

Camus (or that one alter-ego)

Matthis (for trolls sake)

One of the MotE recruits (gotta go for my boy Luke, though Eine could be in too)

Probably Elise

Hardin as either a good or bad guy (or both)

Merric the Mage of Alliteration

Navarre

Elibe Series

Lilina

Serra (promoted or given a support role if possible)

Zephiel (kind of a given, since he's a primary antagonist, but wanted to solidify this)

Ninian/Nils/both

Canas

Legault

Nino

Jaffar

Wolt

Magvel

Seth

One of the three trainees

Mr. Hat

Lute or Saleh

Innes

L'Arachel (and gang, probably)

Tana

Tellius Series

Soren

Mia

Titania

Volke or Sothe

Elincia

One or more of the Laguz

The Four Riders

Nephenee

Awakening

Lucina (a given, I feel)

Tharja (as much as I don't actually like her, she brings a bit of diversity) or Henry (much more preferred, but less popular overall :cry: )

"Frederick, please..."

Virion

Sumia or Cordelia (probably the latter)

Panne

Maribelle

Owain, Inigo, and/or Severa (or their Fates counterparts)

Laurent

L.A. Noire

Cynthia

Female villager (same reason as Matthis)

At least one Spotpass character

Fates

All royals and some of their children

Oboro

Arthur

One of the Christmas Ninjas (prefer Saizo a bit more)

One or more of Corrin's retainers (that includes Flora)

Niles or Shura

Benny and/or Charlotte

Ophelia and/or Nina

One or more of Garon's ragtag team of villainous generals (or Zola)

Even without major characters, it's more than 60. If they were to make a series out of FE Warriors (which I definitely would be down for if they make the first game any good), they could probably reach this eventually. Also, sorry for no Jugdral representation (aside from acknowledging the Oifey archetype); I just haven't played much of 4 or 5.

Whatever the case may be, I am more inclined to believe they'll start small (20+, I estimate) and then expand through DLC and possibly later entries. They'll probably either do all major and some minor characters from the last four games, or they'll do all major and no minor characters from throughout the series. Likely the former.

What I'd personally like is if they stick to a rule (like "do a bunch from neo-FE only" or "all majors from all games") and then do themed DLC (like a "Cavaliers Pack" or "Elibe Pack"). It'd be a fun way of building up the cast, and there could be polls to allow fans to choose what they want next.

I still think Ike and maybe Roy have a high chance of being in the base game as well.

I do too, but I always try to prepare my mind for the worst case scenario. That being said, I'm not gonna lower my standards so much that I'll accept a skeleton cast. From what I've seen and heard, Koei Techmo is easily capable of managing 20 characters at base game; unless they do something impressive with a more limited cast, I won't accept much less than that.

I do too, but I always try to prepare my mind for the worst case scenario. That being said, I'm not gonna lower my standards so much that I'll accept a skeleton cast. From what I've seen and heard, Koei Techmo is easily capable of managing 20 characters at base game; unless they do something impressive with a more limited cast, I won't accept much less than that.

Same here, and of course I admit that having Ike as DLC or Amiibo or whatever is better than not having him at all, but it's just that this is the first chance in a long time that he can be part of the story again. In Fates and Codename Steam, he's just an Amiibo extra and Smash is Smash. But man what I'd give to see Ike in a good story again.

Edited by Anacybele

Same here, and of course I admit that having Ike as DLC or Amiibo or whatever is better than not having him at all, but it's just that this is the first chance in a long time that he can be part of the story again. In Fates and Codename Steam, he's just an Amiibo extra and Smash is Smash. But man what I'd give to see Ike in a good story again.

Koei has never really gone beyond "decent" with Warriors games; the mainline series are over-the-top melodramatic re-tellings of history, Warriors Orochi is a convoluted mess involving multiple mythologies blended together, and the crossovers that don't directly adapt pieces of the source material (DW Gundam) have total excuse plots for the sake of fanservice.

Koei has never really gone beyond "decent" with Warriors games; the mainline series are over-the-top melodramatic re-tellings of history, Warriors Orochi is a convoluted mess involving multiple mythologies blended together, and the crossovers that don't directly adapt pieces of the source material (DW Gundam) have total excuse plots for the sake of fanservice.

I thought the story in Hyrule Warriors was okay enough. But not really spectacular or anything. I guess what I really mean is that I want to see Ike in a story that's not terrible. :P

Hey, there's moods between "absolute hype" and "FML". I'm at cautious optimism - maybe this will be the best thing since TMS (which I really liked), maybe it won't, but SOMEONE will like it, and that's enough for me. Perhaps those who are more interested in Warriors than FE will come over and give FE a whirl! In other words, even if you were "burned" in the past, don't let it turn into a damper for other things!