FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

... but the title doesn't look aesthetic...

*Insert meme joke involving vaporwave*

I'm wondering who the potential joke characters are...

Matthis or Roger the Stud, both from the Akaneia games

Also, I'd be surprised if we didn't get Akaneia's true public enemy #1. Gharnef's a fairly iconic FE Akaneia villain, I'd say. More people seem to think of him than of Hardin or Medeus.

I'm not the biggest fan of the series, since I tend to get tired of the gameplay long before completing everything. But they're always fun for a while, and this is one I'm looking forward to trying.

That's the problem I had with Hyrule Warriors. I got really into it when I got it, dropped it for a while, picked it back up, then dropped it again. It's like the Sims; the mood will just strike me, I'll play the crap out of it, then I won't pick it again for anywhere between a few months to a couple of years.

That being said, since FE is of a drastically different genre (while Zelda has some action at least), it could potentially hold my attention a bit more. Though at the same time, I'm hardly familiar with Warriors games; my only experience with them is in my time playing HW. In any case, I'll still get it if it's any good.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... reading the thread is a little depressing.

Like, the smash thread character arguments depressing.

Speculation and all, I understand.

But it's literally a minute of trailer or orbs and Chrom and people are already bringing back negativity from Fates.

Like seriously, this is the first breath of fresh air and excitement since July of 2014, when people were actually excited to be FE fans for a game a bunch of people would eventually tear apart. And we're already arguing about representation via 5 orbs not showcasing Tellius or Genealogy weapons?

I mean a majority of the posts are nice and exciting fans speculating about things... and I can understand gamers being nitpicky...

But I personally feel that some people are like "Oh man, Fates, Awakening, and Akaneia bias, it won't be that good."

I'm a casual at the Musou games.

But I enjoy them a lot.

And while I realize that veterans can be critics and discuss the finer points of a crossover... it's somewhat ridiculous.

I mean goodness, the chances of all of the smash reps being in the game are pretty high at least.

I don't mean to be rude, as I can understand the initial negativity is disheartening and maybe preemptive, but only to a certain degree.

You mention that the content we showed is minimal, which is definitely true, however in nothing more than a minute trailer, the bias towards Awakening/Fates was heavily implicated. First impressions are important and with the first character representative being Chrom over Marth - or even Ike, eyebrows should be raised. That isn't even considering 3 out of the 5 weapons being used as 'iconic' Fire Emblem weapons relating back to Fates/Awakening. There are a lot of other iconic weapons throughout the series including the Mani Katti, Tyrfing and Ragnell. For people who want Jugdral or Magvel representation, I think going in with low expectations for their characters appearing is the most logical choice of action. Particularly, if you want to look at a 'wyvern rider' representative, long-time fans might look at Minerva as she's both the iconic wyvern rider and a fairly popular character, however the chances are much more likely to be Camilla.

In my opinion, if they wanted to accurately represent the 'Fire Emblem' series, they would be looking at a range of lords across various nations. Looking at Zelda Warriors, they had a clear focus on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (although of course, later included Wind Waker/Awakening representatives later). I am going to personally keep my expectations at an all time low because I can see a similar trend with FE1/13/14 being represented primarily with a few obvious stragglers such as Ike, Lyn and Roy. In all honesty, I'm going to be straight triggered if characters such as Owain, Tharja and Cordelia make an appearance, but I'll keep that to myself if the time comes. Of course, if the cast isn't filled with Awakening/Fates characters, I'll be very surprised and happy. This is coming from someone who likes Fates, too. Not so much Awakening, however.

On another note, can the thread title be changed and not have capital letters? It feels awkward :<, like somebody screaming or shouting

I feel the same way, hype factor included, heh.

Regarding the whole FE Warriors, I wonder if there are going to be any fundamental changes/differences to Hyrule Warriors' idea and approach. I'm sure quite some feedback was obtained since late 2014 on that release, so some sort of an upgrade would be logical. Though purely continuing with the original idea and that alone doesn't sound half bad, either.

I answered the capital letter thing way back on page 1.

As for joke characters, Wrys is a highly likely candidate. I'm personally for Matthis, the guy who's so generic he might as well be a generic!

Well I don't see anything wrong with Chrom being shown in the trailer rather than Ike and Marth. The latter share their spot in Smash and Chrom has always been locked to games of the series; however I don't see it as Chrom was punished for not being in Smash while the others do. After all, Chrom is fairly popular and is also in TMS. He also is related to the Falchion, which is the most important and iconic weapon of the series, making characters like Marth and Lucina auto in. I can see quite a good Shadow Dragon and Awakening participation since they share a strong relation through Tiki, the Shield and the Falchion. That said, I totally see Gharnef there as main villain and Medeus as Final Boss.

On another note, I also think Tharja is the most likely non-lord option to be in the game.

Edited by Quintessence

Hmmm, methinks I heard a gauntlet being thrown. Ahem

• Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganon/Ganondorf
  • Impa
  • Agahnim
  • Shasrahla
  • Papahl
  • Sheik
  • Rauru
  • Saria
  • Darunia
  • Ruto
  • Impa
  • Nabooru
  • Malon
  • Twinrova
  • Talon
  • Skull Kid
  • The Happy Mask Salesman
  • Darmani III
  • Mikau
  • Tingle
  • Kafei
  • Zubora and Gabora (who might as well be one character)
  • Igos du Ikona
  • Nayru
  • Queen Ambi
  • Ralph
  • Veran
  • The Captain
  • Maple
  • Din
  • Onox
  • Vaati
  • Tetra
  • Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule
  • Aryll
  • Orca
  • Sturgeon
  • Medli
  • Makar
  • Ezlo
  • The Blade Brothers
  • Zant
  • Midna
  • Ilia
  • Shad
  • Rusl
  • Agitha
  • Ashei
  • Yeto

I stopped at Twilight Princess. And I restricted myself to people who were playable in HW or could reasonably be playable (though Agitha alone puts that metric outta whack). You were saying?

how do you make this list and leave out marin

also if you keep going past twilight princess, Byrne, Cole, Groose, weird vampire dude from skyward sword, Fi, the ALBW sages, Demise, Yuga, Hilda, Ravio, and Ghirahim fill out the roster nicely.

If you don't remember Batreaux's name, how's he really that notable? xP And by this logic, throw Pipit in that list too because he's one of the very first characters you meet in SS.

Edited by Anacybele

I actually think that Wrys might potentially have a chance of being a playable character if Tecmo Koei does decide to include more characters than just Awakening, Fates, and Marth.

As for joke characters, Wrys is a highly likely candidate. I'm personally for Matthis, the guy who's so generic he might as well be a generic!

If you seriously think Wrys has any chance of being playable, you're delusional.

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight

And Captain Linebeck.

He's actually relevant to the plot of PH, unlike Batreaux in SS where he was basically the head of the sidequest system.

As for Wrys, he DID have a joke Cipher card that portrayed him as a really buff muscle man promoted Axe-Hero, crushing a Vulnerary as revenge for replacing him in FE3, in reference to his general memeticness. So... I wouldn't count him out.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Wrys being in would be really ironic. Doesn't he literally say he can't fight? xP

That's true if he's staying in his original class (Curate). However, he can promote and in FE11/12, he can reclass and fight as a base class (perhaps not that well). In Cipher, he does have a card which has him in the Hero class (and still holding a bottle of vulnerary).

We should get a topic section for Fire Emblem Warriors so we can talk about this stuff there like the other games.

Yeah, this was brought up earlier in the thread, but it doesn't seem like any staff who has the power to do that has been online. Eclipse doesn't have that power. xP

And Captain Linebeck.

He's actually relevant to the plot of PH, unlike Batreaux in SS where he was basically the head of the sidequest system.

As for Wrys, he DID have a joke Cipher card that portrayed him as a really buff muscle man promoted Axe-Hero, crushing a Vulnerary as revenge for replacing him in FE3, in reference to his general memeticness. So... I wouldn't count him out.

As funny as that card is, it doesn't really count for anything.

If Wrys was a playable character, I'd like him to be a joke character in the vein of Yoshimoto Imagawa; seemingly weak, but deadly effective in the hands of a competent player.

How big can the cast be expected to be in this games?

Historically this is how things have gone for first entries in Warriors titles:

• Dynasty Warriors 2 (which is the ACTUAL first game in the hack and slash franchise. It's complicated): 28
  • Samurai Warriors: 15
  • One Piece: 13
  • Legends of Troy: 8
  • Fist of the North Star: 8
  • Arslan: 15
  • Berserk: 8
  • Bladestorm: 31 (though Bladestorm also has vastly different gameplay)
  • Dragon Quest: 13
  • Hyrule Warriors: 13 (though with alternate styles it was actually 20)

I would say based on older entries to expect no more than twenty

Historically this is how things have gone for first entries in Warriors titles:

• Dynasty Warriors 2 (which is the ACTUAL first game in the hack and slash franchise. It's complicated): 28
  • Samurai Warriors: 15
  • One Piece: 13
  • Legends of Troy: 8
  • Fist of the North Star: 8
  • Arslan: 15
  • Berserk: 8
  • Bladestorm: 31 (though Bladestorm also has vastly different gameplay)
  • Dragon Quest: 13
  • Hyrule Warriors: 13 (though with alternate styles it was actually 20)

I would say based on older entries to expect no more than twenty

I'm expecting Bladestorm-style gameplay, with a few exceptions:

-Reduced cast, since FE Warriors will presumably let you play as more than one character and the characters will presumably be more unique in terms of playstyle as opposed to playing exactly like NPC units.

-Different mechanic for unit swapping. I believe someone here said that you would switch to a different character, which would work well enough. Or maybe you'll be unit-locked and have to pick your battles very carefully.

-No flags or equipment.

-Better variety of objectives.

-No leveling up. I think this'll be good, since getting over-leveled and crushing units I was supposed to be ineffective against was a big problem for me.

Here's hoping Cavalry won't be as OP if they're in this game.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

I was wondering if there is any chance of a Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE character appearing in Fire Emblem Warriors. I never played the game since I don't own a Wii U, but since it is a fairly recent game it would make some sense to include one of the characters, no?

There might be some problems with Atlus owning (part of) the rights though.

I was wondering if there is any chance of a Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE character appearing in Fire Emblem Warriors. I never played the game since I don't own a Wii U, but since it is a fairly recent game it would make some sense to include one of the characters, no?

There might be some problems with Atlus owning (part of) the rights though.

Due to the nature of TMS, that would be extremely awkward. I'd say no.