FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Captain Karnage

Also, incidentally, I hope we'll see some form of Dream Battle scenarios or Hyrule Warriors's Reward Map scenarios! Those were fun, had some enjoyable stories, and could give characters who don't show up in the story the chance to interact with the cast of other games (like Ravio and Yuga interacting with Link and Linkle, or Marin fighting against Wizzro of all people in Hyrule Warriors Legends to give an example).

Edited by Folt

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Dang, FE Musou isn't coming to legacy 3DS systems. :( 

Given the flack HW Legends got on the OG 3DS, that was kind of to be expected.

But, well, given how M!Robin was the only Robin to make an appearance in the Fire Emblem Heroes part of the Direct, that at least strengthens the chances for M!Robin appearing if they only go with one gender for Avatar characters (since M!Robin, as someone leaning towards being a magic user and also leaning towards Thunder magic as his preferred element out of the three Anima elements (as I love using the element of electricity in videogames), is my favorite Avatar character and the one I really want to see in Fire Emblem Warriors).

7 hours ago, InfinityAlex said:

Personally, I'd rather see F!Robin instead.

I can get why, but I really want to see M!Robin Thoron groups of mooks into oblivion since I like him more, and since the movesets seem to be more made for each character now, I really like the concept of a male magic fighter who's more on the magic side than on the fighter side, using my favorite element. (+ seeing him, face and all be animated gorgeously in cutscenes.)

Can we take a moment to appreciate the graphics? They really seem to be going for the look of Awakening's and Fates' animated cutscenes, and the shading and outline and little details on Chrom in the close-up really drive it home:

Chrom_looks_neat.png

I looked through the trailer again, and I have to go back on Chrom using a javelin. He's using the Falchion to create a javelin-shaped lightning bolt which he throws forward like one, so multiple weapons might still be up in the air. However, the rest of his Musou still references the spinning slam he did in the cutscene, so I'm gonna go on a limb and say that the movesets for the playable characters will still very much depend on the character.

Also, in regards to the normal attack, that might look like a C6, just with extensions on it to make it a 3-part move (so Chrom would perform a C6-3). Based on that, I think there will be different types of movesets, with Chrom's moveset (at least with the Falchion) being based on having extensions to his moves.

Edited by Folt

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread, but how do you guys feel about this?

Since so many characters call under a Class System in Fire Emblem and generally all attack the same in-game, I would love to see Tecmo Koei play off of that by having multiple characters placed under a 'Job Class', for example, you would level up and upgrade a Job Class rather then a character..something akin to this..
Select Character
- Pegasus Knight
-- Caeda/Sheeda
-- [Florina]
-- Cordelia
-- Hinoka
--- Play Level as Florina
---- Level Up Florina (Actually Levels Up 'Pegasus Knight')
Through this system, or something like it, Tecmo Koei could not only include more characters, and thus more fans have the possibility of seeing their favorite character(s) playable in-game, but it still fits with how the characters played in-game..some characters with their own abilities and differences (such as various Lords) would have their own slots, but most non-Lord characters could have this system and still seem themselves. Naturally, every character in this system should have some unique animations that don't really affect gameplay (such as taunts, win poses, entrances, and idle stances) along with their own unique voice, quotes, names, and weapons (after all, we wouldn't expect Florina to act like Hinoka or vice versa). Such a system could easily allow us to have many more characters then even Hyrule Warriors had at the end of its life kinda similar to how Masahiro Sakurai said it took next to no time to make Lucina (along with Dark Pit & Dr. Mario) into her own character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U.
I am curious though, how many of you would be in favor of this 'expanded costume' style for characters so that we can have even more appear in-game?

On 1/12/2017 at 11:56 PM, Alastor15243 said:

I'm actually rather disheartened. I went into this after having it spoiled for me by a friend thinking "please don't be like TMS please don't be like TMS please don't be like TMS. Please acknowledge that games 2-10 actually exist."

Teaser comes on.

Chrom's Falchion. FE13.

Corrin's Yato. FE14.

Ryoma's Raijinto. FE14.

Xander's Siegfried. FE14.

Marth's Falchion. FE1.

...And now I have this seed of fear in my heart that they might do the one thing that could possibly make this game suck, and not have serieswide representation.

I can't blame you for being fearful, but remember that Hyrule Warriors had this same issue, only featuring characters from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword (outside of new versions of Link, Zelda, Sheik, Impa, and Ganondorf along with new characters Cia, Volga, and Wizzro) and then we ended up getting additions from Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds..so even if its initially only Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, and Fates characters, alongside original characters (like a new Anna and villains), they will almost definitely add popular characters from other entries via DLC, some of which may be free like Medli was for Hyrule Warriors.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:23 PM, Folt said:

Given the flack HW Legends got on the OG 3DS, that was kind of to be expected.

But, well, given how M!Robin was the only Robin to make an appearance in the Fire Emblem Heroes part of the Direct, that at least strengthens the chances for M!Robin appearing if they only go with one gender for Avatar characters (since M!Robin, as someone leaning towards being a magic user and also leaning towards Thunder magic as his preferred element out of the three Anima elements (as I love using the element of electricity in videogames), is my favorite Avatar character and the one I really want to see in Fire Emblem Warriors).

I honestly hope that they'll let you choose the gender of Corrin and Robin (if one or both appear..Corrin seeming almost a sure thing) and let you choose the other as a 'costume swap' like they did in Super Smash Bros. I'm still annoyed that I can't get an amiibo figure of RobinF or CorrinF (though I can at least get CorrinF's Figma Figure).
If they do have it set so one is default male, the other better be set to default female unlike with Smash Bros since, hey, girls play these games too and some of us, male and female, choose the female option.

On 1/19/2017 at 11:54 AM, BalancedAce said:

Hyrule Warriors had Adventure mode so I wonder what Fire Emblem Warriors version of that will be like.

I'm trying to figure that out as well..I guess they could try some sort of 'Strategy Map' or something.

3 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I honestly hope that they'll let you choose the gender of Corrin and Robin (if one or both appear..Corrin seeming almost a sure thing) and let you choose the other as a 'costume swap' like they did in Super Smash Bros. I'm still annoyed that I can't get an amiibo figure of RobinF or CorrinF (though I can at least get CorrinF's Figma Figure).
If they do have it set so one is default male, the other better be set to default female unlike with Smash Bros since, hey, girls play these games too and some of us, male and female, choose the female option.

Honestly, I think we'd get something like M!Robin and F!Corrin, given how F!Corrin actually was featured a bit in Corrin's Smash trailer compared to how F!Robin's part seemed almost like an afterthought in Robin and Lucina's.

Edited by Folt

24 minutes ago, Folt said:

Honestly, I think we'd get something like M!Robin and F!Corrin, given how F!Corrin actually was featured a bit in Corrin's Smash trailer compared to how F!Robin's part seemed almost like an afterthought in Robin and Lucina's.

I half-agree. I think that we'll see one male and one female for the main storyline of the game but the opposite gender will appear as an alternate costume that you can use..though I wonder if such a thing would then change cutscenes to fit in the female/male form..
That said, I don't think they would purposely leave out the female versions, especially Corrin's, given how much more popular they seem to be amongst fans then their male versions (not that the males don't have their fans)..even if, for some reason, most games seem to do a 'male by default' thing that kinda annoys me..

5 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I half-agree. I think that we'll see one male and one female for the main storyline of the game but the opposite gender will appear as an alternate costume that you can use..though I wonder if such a thing would then change cutscenes to fit in the female/male form..
That said, I don't think they would purposely leave out the female versions, especially Corrin's, given how much more popular they seem to be amongst fans then their male versions (not that the males don't have their fans)..even if, for some reason, most games seem to do a 'male by default' thing that kinda annoys me..

I get what you mean, but on the other hand, I think M!Robin legitimately works better than F!Robin with Chrom and Lucina when it comes to a simple "good friends" relationship; especially with the latter as part of a duo: Seeing the female of the pair be the strong, tough swordfighter while the male is the spellcaster is something I like to see in JRPGs.

Also, I don't think the gap between the Robins are as big as the gap between the Corrins, which coupled with only M!Robin appearing in Fates (and his class being altered to be male-exclusive), leans me more towards M!Robin and F!Corrin.

On the other hand, thanks to you, I am now imagining an alternate costume where M!Robin has F!Robin's default hairstyle, and that would be hilarious!

11 hours ago, Folt said:

I get what you mean, but on the other hand, I think M!Robin legitimately works better than F!Robin with Chrom and Lucina when it comes to a simple "good friends" relationship; especially with the latter as part of a duo: Seeing the female of the pair be the strong, tough swordfighter while the male is the spellcaster is something I like to see in JRPGs.

Also, I don't think the gap between the Robins are as big as the gap between the Corrins, which coupled with only M!Robin appearing in Fates (and his class being altered to be male-exclusive), leans me more towards M!Robin and F!Corrin.

On the other hand, thanks to you, I am now imagining an alternate costume where M!Robin has F!Robin's default hairstyle, and that would be hilarious!

Its a possibility, though the only reason Robin(M) appeared in Codename:STEAM and Fire Emblem Fates is because male was his default in Smash Bros. and thus his amiibo figure was male. At least both male and female Robin (and Corrin) are set to appear in Fire Emblem Heroes.

I mostly meant that changing the costume would be like in Super Smash Bros. where quotes are changed to fit Robin(F) both for herself and other characters, that way you can play through the story with either of them only with minimal changes in dialogue due to it. That would be the ideal situation considering how both male and female Robin (and Corrin) have fans..and its also essentially what was done in both Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates for the avatar characters.

Here you go though, enjoy.

Untitled.png

Edited by Deva Ashera

37 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Its a possibility, though the only reason Robin(M) appeared in Codename:STEAM and Fire Emblem Fates is because male was his default in Smash Bros. and thus his amiibo figure was male. At least both male and female Robin (and Corrin) are set to appear in Fire Emblem Heroes.

I mostly meant that changing the costume would be like in Super Smash Bros. where quotes are changed to fit Robin(F) both for herself and other characters, that way you can play through the story with either of them only with minimal changes in dialogue due to it. That would be the ideal situation considering how both male and female Robin (and Corrin) have fans..and its also essentially what was done in both Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates for the avatar characters.

Depends on how the game is set up. If there's going to be cutscenes with characters talking to each other for a significant amount of time, I think we'd only get one Robin and one Corrin. Fire Emblem Heroes is the first game since Awakening to have both Robins, but that's moreso because it's going to have freakin' everyone and M!Robin still hogs the spotlight. In fact, if we disregard the Fire Emblem card game, Super Smash Bros. is the only thing outside Awakening that has featured the Female Robin in promotional material (Robin's reveal trailer and various screenshots).

Speaking of Super Smash Bros. The thing with that is that there's not much work on the alternate genders since, as there's no mode that require characters to meaningfully interact with one another beyond beating each other up. As such, it's easy to make it toggle between the two using alternate costumes. But in a game like FE Warriors, there's more to take into account on a character, and there's two Avatar characters that can potentially make it into the game (+ a character that potentially shares his appearance with one of them). Even then, the developers had to adjust F!Robin's model to make it similiar in form to M!Robin's model since the default female Awakening Avatar body model was noticeably shorter than the default male's.

Going by Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, you could toggle between the male and female CAWs (one or the other would be the player's stand-in, so they were interchangeable), but they were essentially silent blank slates outside of battle whose characterization depended on whatever choice you made as a player, and that would only work for one of the two Avatar characters. It could be possible in FE Warriors if we made Robin into an Avatar and had both Corrins as separate characters with slightly different movesets backing up Ryoma's or Xander's faction (Ryoma for M!Corrin and Xander for F!Corrin), but honestly, I'd want both Robin and Corrin to be their own character for FE Warriors.

I'm all too aware that both Robins and Corrins have their fans (you can chalk me up as one of the few Male Corrin fans; finally a playable male manakete that is supposed to be good throughout the entire game), But I'm gonna go on a limb and repeat what I said earlier, that I think both Robins have around an equal amount of fans, while Corrin is much more weighted towards the female gender Corrin, and that we're going to see them characterized as characters moreso than Avatars, including a set gender (where we'll go with M!Robin and F!Corrin). In fact, I'd say that Robin marks the first time in a long while that a videogame character meant to be a stand-in for the player has a selection of both genders from the get-go and the male version not only isn't notably less popular than the female version, but can actually stand beside her as an equal. SSB has probably helped in that regard: I've had chats with people (who aren't FE fans) who didn't know that there were a choice of two genders in regards to Robin in SSB, and when I did tell them, they still leaned towards picturing Robin in their minds as the male version.

38 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Here you go though, enjoy.

Untitled.png

This is simply amazing!

3 hours ago, Folt said:

Depends on how the game is set up. If there's going to be cutscenes with characters talking to each other for a significant amount of time, I think we'd only get one Robin and one Corrin. Fire Emblem Heroes is the first game since Awakening to have both Robins, but that's moreso because it's going to have freakin' everyone and M!Robin still hogs the spotlight. In fact, if we disregard the Fire Emblem card game, Super Smash Bros. is the only thing outside Awakening that has featured the Female Robin in promotional material (Robin's reveal trailer and various screenshots).

Speaking of Super Smash Bros. The thing with that is that there's not much work on the alternate genders since, as there's no mode that require characters to meaningfully interact with one another beyond beating each other up. As such, it's easy to make it toggle between the two using alternate costumes. But in a game like FE Warriors, there's more to take into account on a character, and there's two Avatar characters that can potentially make it into the game (+ a character that potentially shares his appearance with one of them). Even then, the developers had to adjust F!Robin's model to make it similiar in form to M!Robin's model since the default female Awakening Avatar body model was noticeably shorter than the default male's.

Going by Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, you could toggle between the male and female CAWs (one or the other would be the player's stand-in, so they were interchangeable), but they were essentially silent blank slates outside of battle whose characterization depended on whatever choice you made as a player, and that would only work for one of the two Avatar characters. It could be possible in FE Warriors if we made Robin into an Avatar and had both Corrins as separate characters with slightly different movesets backing up Ryoma's or Xander's faction (Ryoma for M!Corrin and Xander for F!Corrin), but honestly, I'd want both Robin and Corrin to be their own character for FE Warriors.

I'm all too aware that both Robins and Corrins have their fans (you can chalk me up as one of the few Male Corrin fans; finally a playable male manakete that is supposed to be good throughout the entire game), But I'm gonna go on a limb and repeat what I said earlier, that I think both Robins have around an equal amount of fans, while Corrin is much more weighted towards the female gender Corrin, and that we're going to see them characterized as characters moreso than Avatars, including a set gender (where we'll go with M!Robin and F!Corrin). In fact, I'd say that Robin marks the first time in a long while that a videogame character meant to be a stand-in for the player has a selection of both genders from the get-go and the male version not only isn't notably less popular than the female version, but can actually stand beside her as an equal. SSB has probably helped in that regard: I've had chats with people (who aren't FE fans) who didn't know that there were a choice of two genders in regards to Robin in SSB, and when I did tell them, they still leaned towards picturing Robin in their minds as the male version.

Yeah, but honestly, changing out a few voice clips here and there to change instances of he to her and vice versa, amongst other things, shouldn't be too hard. I doubt that Robin will be a focal point for a lot of voiced scenes.
Yeah, and since they already have done so for Super Smash Bros, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to do so for Fire Emblem Warriors..I mean, you only really get a good idea of their height in their artwork while in-game is a half-way point between realistic and chibi porportions. Since it wasn't a big deal for Smash Bros. to fudge their heights, it shouldn't be a big deal to do it in FE Warriors. I mean, Lucina is noticeably taller in Super Smash Bros. then she is in Fire Emblem Awakening & Fates but it doesn't really seem bothersome.

Robin & Corrin can still be their own characters while still having gender options, literally all that would change would be a few lines of dialogue here and there but otherwise they would be the same.

There's a bit of unaware bias happening though with that example, they may not have known about the gender option due to not playing much Super Smash Bros. and never selecting Robin (I mean, its pretty obvious in-game that there are different gender options in Smash) and picturing Robin as male by default is likely because of it being the default for the character select screen and the amiibo figure, thus meaning that male would be the first thing to come into one's mind.

I'll be honest, I straight up refused to buy Robin's amiibo because, well, male Robin means nothing to me since I always play as female characters when I have the option and I found it annoying that there wasn't a female option for amiibo, STEAM, or Fates and I would feel that way again if the option wasn't there again for FE Warriors.

That said, you're beliefs on the matter aren't unfounded..I mean, looking at the poll results for Fire Emblem Heroes, it shows Robin (Male) in 8th Place for Men and Robin (Female) in 10th for Women whereas Corrin (Female) is 5th for Women while Corrin (Male) is 19th for Men.

I'm also glad you enjoyed the hair-swap lol He doesn't actually look bad.

Edited by Deva Ashera

11 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, but honestly, changing out a few voice clips here and there to change instances of he to her and vice versa, amongst other things, shouldn't be too hard. I doubt that Robin will be a focal point for a lot of voiced scenes.
Yeah, and since they already have done so for Super Smash Bros, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to do so for Fire Emblem Warriors..I mean, you only really get a good idea of their height in their artwork while in-game is a half-way point between realistic and chibi porportions. Since it wasn't a big deal for Smash Bros. to fudge their heights, it shouldn't be a big deal to do it in FE Warriors. I mean, Lucina is noticeably taller in Super Smash Bros. then she is in Fire Emblem Awakening & Fates but it doesn't really seem bothersome.

Robin & Corrin can still be their own characters while still having gender options, literally all that would change would be a few lines of dialogue here and there but otherwise they would be the same.

Depends on how much dialogue and how many voiced lines they'd need to change. The Musou series has generally gone for fully voiced lines just about everywhere where that makes sense (in-battle conversations, cutscenes, out-of-battle conversations, etc.) If there's too much of the voiced lines, the best course of action would likely be to mute Robin and Corrin if they want to have both genders in all but generic in-battle conversations ("I've killed 1000 enemies!", "I've captured a keep!", that kind of voiced lines).

There's a bit of unaware bias happening though with that example, they may not have known about the gender option due to not playing much Super Smash Bros. and never selecting Robin (I mean, its pretty obvious in-game that there are different gender options in Smash) and picturing Robin as male by default is likely because of it being the default for the character select screen and the amiibo figure, thus meaning that male would be the first thing to come into one's mind.

Yeah. They were unaware of Robin's gender being interchangeable. If it helps, I also asked them about which gender they'd play as, and they answered that they'd likely play M!Robin. That said, it probably means that there's likely more people that are aware of the male version of Robin than of the female version. Take that how you will.

I'll be honest, I straight up refused to buy Robin's amiibo because, well, male Robin means nothing to me since I always play as female characters when I have the option and I found it annoying that there wasn't a female option for amiibo, STEAM, or Fates and I would feel that way again if the option wasn't there again for FE Warriors.

Well, honestly, while I prefer to play as male characters, and generally always do that when it comes to player-created characters when I have the option to, I would probably still give F!Robin a chance if only she were an amiibo. Probably because by that point, Robin's role as a player avatar for me was over.

That said, you're beliefs on the matter aren't unfounded..I mean, looking at the poll results for Fire Emblem Heroes, it shows Robin (Male) in 8th Place for Men and Robin (Female) in 10th for Women whereas Corrin (Female) is 5th for Women while Corrin (Male) is 19th for Men.

It does make me wonder how many people voted (and voted multiple times) for the Robins and how many total votes each of them got. Are there any particularly large gaps between some characters? What would the poll look like if the male and female rankings were combined?

I'm also glad you enjoyed the hair-swap lol He doesn't actually look bad.

If only M!Robin gets in, this should totally be a costume for him.

8 hours ago, Folt said:

Depends on how much dialogue and how many voiced lines they'd need to change. The Musou series has generally gone for fully voiced lines just about everywhere where that makes sense (in-battle conversations, cutscenes, out-of-battle conversations, etc.) If there's too much of the voiced lines, the best course of action would likely be to mute Robin and Corrin if they want to have both genders in all but generic in-battle conversations ("I've killed 1000 enemies!", "I've captured a keep!", that kind of voiced lines).

Yeah. They were unaware of Robin's gender being interchangeable. If it helps, I also asked them about which gender they'd play as, and they answered that they'd likely play M!Robin. That said, it probably means that there's likely more people that are aware of the male version of Robin than of the female version. Take that how you will.

Well, honestly, while I prefer to play as male characters, and generally always do that when it comes to player-created characters when I have the option to, I would probably still give F!Robin a chance if only she were an amiibo. Probably because by that point, Robin's role as a player avatar for me was over.

It does make me wonder how many people voted (and voted multiple times) for the Robins and how many total votes each of them got. Are there any particularly large gaps between some characters? What would the poll look like if the male and female rankings were combined?

Yeah, but comparatively, Robin likely wouldn't have a huge amount of lines nor will there likely be a ton of lines in reference to them..I mean, in Hyrule Warriors, characters that weren't the 'main' characters (Link, Zelda, Sheik, Lana, Impa, Cia, Ganondorf) comparatively didn't get that many lines and games can still store a ton of dialogue fully voiced. It honestly wouldn't be much more work then any other character would likely have given to them and likely be seen as worth it in order to appease both genders (after all, not all fans of Fire Emblem play males or are males).

Like I said, its likely mostly because of them seeing Robin as the face and, most likely, being male since people tend to enjoy making characters that match their own genders (though there are always those that prefer to do the opposite).

I was actually against Robin appearing in Smash at first due to being an avatar..I mean, in Awakening, I didn't play as Robin, I was Aquila..but female Robin grew on me..not so much male Robin (nor male Corrin). Still, having dual genders doesn't make them an avatar really, just an alternate appearance..kinda similar to how you can choose to play Male or Female in Persona 3 Portable..both are seen as their own characters yet don't exist in the same timeline.

I'm kinda curious too..though I expect that were we to see, the list would likely be dominated by female characters overall.

Yeah, but comparatively, Robin likely wouldn't have a huge amount of lines nor will there likely be a ton of lines in reference to them..I mean, in Hyrule Warriors, characters that weren't the 'main' characters (Link, Zelda, Sheik, Lana, Impa, Cia, Ganondorf) comparatively didn't get that many lines and games can still store a ton of dialogue fully voiced. It honestly wouldn't be much more work then any other character would likely have given to them and likely be seen as worth it in order to appease both genders (after all, not all fans of Fire Emblem play males or are males).

You have a point, I suppose. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Like I said, its likely mostly because of them seeing Robin as the face and, most likely, being male since people tend to enjoy making characters that match their own genders (though there are always those that prefer to do the opposite).

I dunno. I think there's a larger amount of male players who prefer to play as a female character than there is of the opposite, especially if they get to pair them with another female character.

12 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I was actually against Robin appearing in Smash at first due to being an avatar..I mean, in Awakening, I didn't play as Robin, I was Aquila..but female Robin grew on me..not so much male Robin (nor male Corrin). Still, having dual genders doesn't make them an avatar really, just an alternate appearance..kinda similar to how you can choose to play Male or Female in Persona 3 Portable..both are seen as their own characters yet don't exist in the same timeline.

... Kind of like how it's implied that Odin, Laslow, and Selena's timeline's Robin was male? (In that the Fell Brand that gives units Robin's class & abilities is restricted to male units despite the character and class being unisex in it's debut game.)

I do agree with you to some degree: The reveal of Robin as a Smash fighter blindsided me because he was a player-created character, but M!Robin went on to become my second favorite videogame character: He hits just about all of my likes, being more adept with magic than the sword, having a preference for electric attacks, having a dark-elemental attack which drains opponents of their life, and paired (not in the romantic sense) with a female character who's a physical fighter.

12 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I'm kinda curious too..though I expect that were we to see, the list would likely be dominated by female characters overall.

Most likely. Though, would the votes be more focused on the top characters, or would they be more evenly spread, and would the same be true of both categories?

On 2/2/2017 at 6:28 AM, Folt said:

You have a point, I suppose. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I dunno. I think there's a larger amount of male players who prefer to play as a female character than there is of the opposite, especially if they get to pair them with another female character.

... Kind of like how it's implied that Odin, Laslow, and Selena's timeline's Robin was male? (In that the Fell Brand that gives units Robin's class & abilities is restricted to male units despite the character and class being unisex in it's debut game.)

I don't think that's the case, honestly, aside from Monster Hunter, most of the males I know tend to make male characters, regardless of how it may seem online.

I'm pretty sure the Fell Brand is only Male Unit exclusive because of them just doing a headswap of the Robin DLC model to place a different characters head on his body..they likely just didn't feel like making a new Fates model for Female Robin. I honestly think they've tried to not imply a singular gender for Robin when referencing him/her. The Robin that is obtained through the amiibo, along with the Lucina amiibo character, are both implied to be from the World of Trophies (Super Smash Bros) rather then the world of Fire Emblem Awakening (same for Marth & Ike) when you consider their chats when recruiting them. If I recall, someone, Selena I think, even states that the Lucina you recruit isn't the same one she knows from her world.

Yeah, we can't really take the gender exclusive DLC to go by on anything. Like the Great Lord class is Female Exclusive despite belonging to both Chrom and Lucina in Awakening (and like half a dozen other classes before them).

Edited by Jotari