Shin Megami Tensei 25th Anniversary Game Hype

Konnor97

I am so hyped for this. It was just confirmed in the Switch presentation after Fire Emblem Warriors (which will of course get more hype on this forum), and although it didn't say SMTV, it is totally SMTV.

So, thoughts? I know there's not much to go on, but still. It seems like it will be in 3D, so we'll get some nice demon models, hopefully seen in action during battle like Nocturne.

be careful you don't fall for the bait and switch like last time

:^)

Am I the only one who thought that even the original SMTxFE trailer looked super awful? It was all still images! It left a bad taste from the beginning for me...

i see what you did there {:

On a side note, I didn't bother buying TMS. I would have been so happy had we gotten the traditional crossover, but . . . What can you do?

I smell the nauseous swamp of friendship and butterflies and rainbow and anime...

More seriously, it will be very hard to beat SMTIVA's Massacre ending, but I'm interested in what they'll do.

This is bad and you should feel bad.
(You really shouldn't, it was actually funny, I actually had a good laugh.)

Edited by B.Leu

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/shin-megami-tensei-switch-made-unreal-engine-4-3ds-smt-project-works/

"In addition to the new game for Switch, the official website has added '3DS Project' on the front page, with the message 'coming soon' for the trailer."

We saw a gameplay snippet at the end of the presentation during the 3rd party sizzle real.

That's a whole lot more than what happened before.

I wonder if it'll be a remake of the first smt, considering this is the 25th anniversary of the series

Edited by Pixelman

inb4 it's a remake of the first game

I wouldn't mind that, the first game has really great atmosphere and themes, and remains one of my favorite SMT games.

It's not very nice to new players, but with how Apocalypse and 4 streamlined stuff, i'm sure it could be made much more accessible.

OH BOY YES

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS IF I EVER GET A SWITCH

Thank God we don't have to see the same outdated sprites that they've been reusing for years.

But I like the Strange Journey styled sprites. :(

I wonder if it'll be a remake of the first smt, considering this is the 25th anniversary of the series

Are you referring to the original Famicom title, or the first SMT game for the Super Famicom?

I'd like to think the latter because it's the 25th Anniversary (SMTI was '92, iirc), but still. Either would be awesome, imo.

They worked for Strange Journey but didn't mesh well with SMT4 IMO.

Highly agree, and I loved 4 & 4:A. They didn't fit the absolute best though, could have put a bit more work into it.

OH BOY YES

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS IF I EVER GET A SWITCH

But I like the Strange Journey styled sprites. :(

Are you referring to the original Famicom title, or the first SMT game for the Super Famicom?

I'd like to think the latter because it's the 25th Anniversary (SMTI was '92, iirc), but still. Either would be awesome, imo.

The first "true" SMT, so the one released on the Super Famicom

I wouldn't mind that, the first game has really great atmosphere and themes, and remains one of my favorite SMT games.

It's not very nice to new players, but with how Apocalypse and 4 streamlined stuff, i'm sure it could be made much more accessible.

I completely agree with you. I would love to play a remake of the first SMT.

Edited by Pixelman

They worked for Strange Journey but didn't mesh well with SMT4 IMO.

Highly agree, and I loved 4 & 4:A. They didn't fit the absolute best though, could have put a bit more work into it.

I'll have to disagree with the both of you. I think using animated sprites a la Strange Journey and the old school/classic era games was a good idea, as a lot of the game is a callback to older SMT games, and the spritework accentuates that.