Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Anacybele

If FE15 gets announced (which I doubt but also wouldn't be shocked if they did do it), it would be a Switch title coming in 2018. The fact that Xenoblade 2 seems to be getting a simultaneous release in JP and NA shows that Nintendo seems to be stepping things up there. But either way, neither Awakening or Fates were announced this early out (both about six months before their Japanese release). We do know IS started working on Fates pretty soon after Awakening came out in Japan, so there's that as well.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely at this point but aside from FE: Warriors and mobile, I'd like to see some NEW Fates DLC, not just the unreleased maps in the west. Give me Bold Stance or give me death.

LUCINA IN MARIO KART GET HYPE BROS

Okay but seriously, if we don't get the last batch of Fates DLC, we're DEFINITELY not getting it. But at this time my hopes are super low.

Expecting/Predicting:

- Reveal and info on FE Mobile.

- TMS #FE Switch Port.

- First Footage of FE Warriors. The five characters hinted in the trailer (Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma and Xander) are shown playable.

- Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade will get a translated release exclusively on Switch VC outside Japan.

- Announcement of a new mainline FE game for Switch. Currently in development, but no footage is shown.

- Regardless of what happens Serenesforest will remain as pessimistic as ever. Expect extreme nitpicking and "DOOMED" predictions.

IS and Nintendo's internal teams aren't working on it. DeNa are the primary developers behind all Nintendo mobile titles (besides Pokemon Go); Nintendo just provides oversight.

But this isn't true. Super Mario Run was developed by Nintendo EPD and directed by Nintendo veteran Takashi Tezuka. The reason DeNa is collaborating on Nintendo's mobile entries is because they're helping out with the more mobile-exclusive features the game have (Account linking, monetization, and the like), but the actual game design is done by the usual Nintendo studios.

Fully expect FE Mobile to be primarly developed by IntSys.

But this isn't true. Super Mario Run was developed by Nintendo EPD and directed by Nintendo veteran Takashi Tezuka. The reason DeNa is collaborating on Nintendo's mobile entries is because they're helping out with the more mobile-exclusive features the game have (Account linking, monetization, and the like), but the actual game design is done by the usual Nintendo studios.

Fully expect FE Mobile to be primarly developed by IntSys.

Huh. Seems I was mistaken and misunderstood things.

I would say the odds of FE15 are very low, but not impossible.

It's been over a year and a half since Fates released in Japan, and if Monolith Soft can have a new trailer for a game not too long after Xenoblade Chronicles X came out, then a teaser for FE15 might be possible.

5AM in my place. Not sure whether I should wake up early or rewatch it later.

I don't expect FE15 but it's possible that they may show a short teaser. Not sure what to expect from FEW since I have no knowledge of that franchise whatsoever. I'm more interested in FE Mobile but I still want to keep my expectations low.

FE characters would look plain ridiculous in Mario Kart... :/

Link looks silly too, but not THAT silly.

And besides, it would hardly be Mario Kart anymore if more and more franchises get in on it. It might as well be renamed Super Nintendo Kart at that point.

Edited by Anacybele

I remember how excited I was at the FE14 reveal. Getting a repeat of that feeling but with the bonus of the game actually living up to said hype would be a dream come true. Bring on FE15.

I'm trying to keep my expectations fair, but I think the best case scenario would be along the lines of this:

- FE Mobile trailer and release date

- FE Warriors trailer with actual gameplay footage and more character reveals than just what was hinted at in the teaser (and possible release window/date)

- Tellius re-release (whether on VC or HD remake)

- FE Amiibo line

- FE15 announcement (and possibly a teaser trailer or footage)

I doubt we actually will see all of this, but any of it is likely to some degree, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

I remember how excited I was at the FE14 reveal. Getting a repeat of that feeling but with the bonus of the game actually living up to said hype would be a dream come true. Bring on FE15.

Aside from a few sister related moments, Fates' first trailer was absolutely brilliant. It would be nice to discuss new and exciting theories like that again, especially if, like you say, the game lived up to it.

Sadly, I think we have to wait a little longer, but Fire Emblem sure is taking on a much more prominent role these days, so who knows, we may get something we weren't even expecting.

Like a petting mini game app. I swear, this is the Horse Armor DLC of Fire Emblem.

Aside from a few sister related moments, Fates' first trailer was absolutely brilliant. It would be nice to discuss new and exciting theories like that again, especially if, like you say, the game lived up to it.

Sadly, I think we have to wait a little longer, but Fire Emblem sure is taking on a much more prominent role these days, so who knows, we may get something we weren't even expecting.

Like a petting mini game app. I swear, this is the Horse Armor DLC of Fire Emblem.

*googles*

...Okay, that's just plain funny.

Someone already made a bingo for the Direct and I'm dead.

http://phireextinguisher.tumblr.com/post/155825324333/welcome-to-hell

"Welcome to hell" indeed.

My guess is it's going to be Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem Mobile, and final batch of DLC for Fates including possible amiibo support for Corrin and Roy. 15 is still a ways out imo. They aren't about to announce another big FE game when they still haven't announced an official end to Fates development and Fire Emblem Warriors coming out. It's just too early yet.

15 is more likely an announcement at E3 anyway. If Fire Emblem really is a big deal to Nintendo now, they will wait for the biggest video game convention of the year to announce it rather than at a small direct. It will garner more attention and hype that way.

Edited by Tolvir

Awe-inspiring in every sense.

My guess is it's going to be Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem Mobile, and final batch of DLC for Fates including possible amiibo support for Corrin and Roy. 15 is still a ways out imo. They aren't about to announce another big FE game when they still haven't announced an official end to Fates development and Fire Emblem Warriors coming out. It's just too early yet.

15 is more likely an announcement at E3 anyway. If Fire Emblem really is a big deal to Nintendo now, they will wait for the biggest video game convention of the year to announce it rather than at a small direct. It will garner more attention and hype that way.

Good point. I think FEW and Mobile are sure bets, but I'm not feeling more Fates DLC. Kinda hope/think some VC titles are more likely. If so my guess would be PoR and Gaiden translated.

Edited by Book Bro

This is hilarious. The next thing we know, people would turn this into a drinking game (take 1 shot every time a space other than Free Space gets filled).

Best January ever.

Considering that the link to the Fire Emblem stream is on the Switch Site, i am 99.999% percent sure that Warrioes will be featured on it. The people at the treehouse livestream also said that Warriors will be featured on it.

Speaking of it, january has been a good month. I think it was on january that Fates opened a direct.

Exactly two years ago... this happened.

Edited by Troykv

Exactly two years ago... this happened.

Ah, the music, the epic battle (that never even got mentioned in the actual game lol), gorilla laguz Garon, not!Ninian, Lobster Lord, Marx and Communism... etc. All good memories. The April trailer after this one was also one of the best things that happened.

But this time, even if there are FE15 information, I'll still keep my expectations as low as possible. The FE14 hype only made me feel "betrayed" when the actual game came out, so I'll definitely not make the same mistake again. Oh well...