Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Anacybele

Just now, Tolvir said:

That would be cool, this isnt the "my uncle works for Nintendo" type thing here is it?

I buy my Force of Will cards from a distributor

While I was placing an order for the Vingolf 3 set I asked about FE0, where they guy said he heard about something like that was getting put into the system

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

so, I might know someone who works in the distribution of TCGs, I can't be exactly sure if this is the right person but from what I heard we're getting the FE TCG around this summer.

I'd be thrilled to be able to play, but pretty pissed about the hundreds already spent lol

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

While I was placing an order for the Vingolf 3 set I asked about FE0, where they guy said he heard about something like that was getting put into the system

BOI

That's pretty awesome. Although I won't hold my breath for it. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Interesting. I hope they weren't imagining things.

I'll see if I can pester a TCG distributor when I have time.

That said, we'll probably find out in ~30 hours anyway XD

Ooh, I'd love it if we got the trading card game! Then I could get those beautiful Ike cards. <3

On another note, why am I seeing a lot of people predicting Fates being ported to the Switch? That's a stupid idea that makes no sense when the Tellius games and FEs 2, 4, and 5 deserve re-releases a lot more for being either virtually unobtainable (Tellius) or Japan-only (the other three). Fates was already successful on the 3DS, why does it need more sales? It's also a decent time to announce FE15, at least with a teaser.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Ok cool, I would love to be able to get some of those cards. The artwork alone is really cool to me. I dont even know how it is played.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ooh, I'd love it if we got the trading card game! Then I could get those beautiful Ike cards. <3

On another note, why am I seeing a lot of people predicting Fates being ported to the Switch? That's a stupid idea that makes no sense when the Tellius games and FEs 2, 4, and 5 deserve re-releases a lot more for being either virtually unobtainable (Tellius) or Japan-only (the other three). Fates was already successful on the 3DS, why does it need more sales? It's also a decent time to announce FE15, at least with a teaser.

There was a leak, one of the things in a line of code for clearly what would be images brought up during the direct was something along the lines of Fire Emblem Revelation for Switch. Its likely. Just because Fates is possibly (again rumor) gets a port doesnt mean Tellius wouldnt get one. Two very different things there for one or the other to happen.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

There was a leak, one of the things in a line of code for clearly what would be images brought up during the direct was something along the lines of Fire Emblem Revelation for Switch. Its likely. Just because Fates is possibly (again rumor) gets a port doesnt mean Tellius wouldnt get one. Two very different things there for one or the other to happen.

Oh, that? I saw someone post that, but someone else said that was actually most likely a typo. I certainly hope it is. Or that the leak is just fake. A lot of fake leaks happen at times like this.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, that? I saw someone post that, but someone else said that was actually most likely a typo. I certainly hope it is. Or that the leak is just fake. A lot of fake leaks happen at times like this.

If only more people had your common sense : P

Explanation for the fake rumour near the bottom

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

If only more people had your common sense : P

Explanation for the fake rumour near the bottom

Hmm, didnt see that. All I saw was the one someone posted. Good to know. All i saw was the image, and when I looked it up there were a few articles talking about a rumor around it, but that was it.

I wouldn't mind a port though. I would love the chance to play Fates on a larger screen though, without having to cost an arm and a leg, and a few months, just to get a capture card installed. I just wish Nintendo would release some kind of adapter like Playstation did for the Vita.

9 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Hmm, didnt see that. All I saw was the one someone posted. Good to know. All i saw was the image, and when I looked it up there were a few articles talking about a rumor around it, but that was it.

I wouldn't mind a port though. I would love the chance to play Fates on a larger screen though, without having to cost an arm and a leg, and a few months, just to get a capture card installed. I just wish Nintendo would release some kind of adapter like Playstation did for the Vita.

I was talking about this with Elieson, but yeah a port would be nice. Especially if it was a definitive edition for the people who missed the boat with the 3DS special edition.

But if it does happen, it's definitely not because of the website error : P

i really loved Hyrule Warriors, so im really hyped for FE Warriors, i think its safe to say that we definitely ARE getting info on that, as well as FE mobile.

as for personal preference, i would really like to see rereleases/english versions of earlier FEs, a tease for FE 15, or most of all, english Cipher reveal

(also, one interesting theory is the possibility of FE mobile being Cipher)

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I'd love a collection of older Fire Emblem titles. I feel like they could at the very least put up Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in a mini bundle of sorts; they know how hard those games are to find. 

In fact, why is Nintendo so bad at putting out games on the E-shop anyway? Shouldn't they push their success now that Fire Emblem is in the spotlight?

It would certainly be interesting to see if they bring them more in line with the 3DS type graphics (stuff like map sprites, and I'm assuming if it happened the 3DS team would be redoing portraits). On the other hand if it happened, I would hate for them to use Ike's S.T.E.A.M./Fates voice actor rather than his Smash one. The former doesn't fit him at all.

And to answer your question, something something drip-feeding. Really, I think Nintendo's just kind of lazy about it, rather than them being malicious about the Virtual Console. Not using the NES Classic as an opportunity to translate the originals is kind of a shame, too.

1 hour ago, InfinityAlex said:

It would certainly be interesting to see if they bring them more in line with the 3DS type graphics (stuff like map sprites, and I'm assuming if it happened the 3DS team would be redoing portraits). On the other hand if it happened, I would hate for them to use Ike's S.T.E.A.M./Fates voice actor rather than his Smash one. The former doesn't fit him at all.

Unfortunately, it's the same voice actor (Jason Adkins) for Ike in Smash Bros., Codename STEAM, and FE Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Fates. The main difference is the voice direction.

Yeah, Jason Adkins has been voicing Ike all his existence. I feel like different people have been telling him how to do the voice lately, because I feel he failed in Fates, but was really good in Codename Steam.

Oh, that's a bit rubbish then. Why not just have him replicate his Smash performance? If there's something I don't know about voice acting which is a factor in this, then I apologise in advance for any migrane-inducing ignorance.

Edited by InfinityAlex

So the time will be 2 pm for pacific and 5 pm for eastern, which sucks because I have class at 6:00 and will be driving to class halfway through. Anyone have any live update sites that they use for these things that I could look at, since I won't be able to actually watch?

17 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

So the time will be 2 pm for pacific and 5 pm for eastern, which sucks because I have class at 6:00 and will be driving to class halfway through. Anyone have any live update sites that they use for these things that I could look at, since I won't be able to actually watch?

Nintendo Life tends to have a mod do text updates during presentations, though its on the same page as their stream of it.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Nintendo Life tends to have a mod do text updates during presentations, though its on the same page as their stream of it.

Thanks, I just want it to read the updates before class. I will be able to watch the end of it, since I tend to get there around 5:30-40, but anything before that I will miss, so live update is nice to be able to read what I missed.

Sucks to be you. It's 10 PM for us Brits, so I can catch it before I go to bed. Source Gaming has just said on Twitter that the Direct will start with FE Mobile and then talk about "various details relating to the Fire Emblem series", so I'm guess that's going to be FE Mobile > Corrin Amiibo > FE Warriors full trailer > Maybe an FE15 teaser.

Ooh, we have a Twitter embed now!

It's going to start with the mobile game? I'm surprised, I honestly expected it to open with FE Warriors instead since Treehouse showed it on their screen when they mentioned the Direct. It seemed to imply that FE Warriors would be a big focus. Oh well, at least it should be there at all.

Probably. Then again, Warriors might not be getting more than a larger teaser. They may be waiting for E3 to throw out some additional information for Warriors. Gives the dev team time to come up with more to show, especially things like the roster and gameplay.

I still think Fates will get some, probably brief, dlc announcements. Probably alongside a Corrin amiibo date.

Edited by Tolvir