Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Anacybele

Why would they announce DLC for a game that isn't even close to out?  That sounds counterproductive

Also, we already know that something from FE14 is in FE Warriors, so...

I do dread it being 11+ exclusive, but no doom and gloom yet, or at least I'll try.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Why would they announce DLC for a game that isn't even close to out?  That sounds counterproductive

I do dread it being 11+ exclusive, but no doom and gloom yet, or at least I'll try.

Yeah that list was a little odd. 15 isn't even a sure announcement, they may not even announce it at all, so why would dlc for it be there? Same with Warriors, it's at least known about though, but again day 1 dlc is a bit weird.

judging by the possible Lehran's symbol in the middle of the Fire Emblem, Tellius at least has a bit of a presence.

Edited by Tolvir

20 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

NOA's tweet said "prepare yourself". Of course, that's one of Xander's crit lines.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah that list was a little odd. 15 isn't even a sure announcement, they may not even announce it at all, so why would dlc for it be there? Same with Warriors, it's at least known about though, but again day 1 dlc is a bit weird.

I can actually see Day 1 DLC since Koei is no stranger to making DLC available on Day 1, or very shortly after Day 1. I remember DLC coming out Day 1 when I got Samurai Warriors 4, for example.

1 minute ago, Tactician Robin said:

I can actually see Day 1 DLC since Koei is no stranger to making DLC available on Day 1, or very shortly after Day 1. I remember DLC coming out Day 1 when I got Samurai Warriors 4, for example.

Sure, but I don't see it being announced during the direct. That may be something they announce later when it is closer to release. They are going to be more focused on actually talking about the game itself rather than dlc.

16 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Sure, but I don't see it being announced during the direct. That may be something they announce later when it is closer to release. They are going to be more focused on actually talking about the game itself rather than dlc.

You know, I have to agree with you on that. I'm sure DLC is in the works, but the Direct will probably only focus on the main game for now. We might get a teaser of Amiibo Support, which can be classified as DLC, but no classic costumes or special sparkly weapons until closer to launch for sure.

But man, Koei is pretty big on milking their DLC, especially with costumes....

1 hour ago, Masked And Dangerous said:

Got my Bingo Card

FE Direct Bingo.png

I'm afraid you probably won't mark that "Anne appears" space because there's no character named Anne. :P

Also, no Tellius re-release there, that makes me sad. :( Could've at least put PoR for VC. D:

And what does "1 12 13" mean on that space about FE Warriors exclusivity? If it's the games' numbers, you're forgetting 14 for Fates...

Edited by Anacybele

I'm assuming we'll see Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem Mobile and something about the Corrin amiibo. It would be great to hear about FE15 (hopefully on the Switch), a localization/remake of an older title (Jugdral please), or localization of Fire Emblem Cipher; but I don't want to set my expectations too high. 

I'll be disappointed if if we don't get the final Fates DLC. But I'm pretty sure we'll get a little something on FE Warriors, maybe a WiiU or 3DS release? I like Hyrule Warrios so I'll probably pick it up. Still considering on getting a Switch at launch though since their aren't that many enticing titles other than the new LoZ; FE Warrios might sweeten that a little but I don't think it's that far in development . Some remakes of older titles we never got stateside would be nice, or even the Radiant Saga since I didn't check those out when they came out, or the GBA ones for that matter.

On 1/13/2017 at 0:33 PM, Elieson said:

Most likely more news on Fire Emblem mobile and maybe Fire Emblem Warriors. It'd be too early to reveal Fire Emblem 15 already, no?

Corrin amiibo needs more news too!

Al;so I believe I heard rumors about being able to port GCN games to the Switch...maybe that'll be announced as official?

WELLLLLLLLLL

I'M prepared to earn my cookie for calling it :D

623cb2297f.png

Several people were mentioning how they couldn't watch but would like a "live-blogged" version. Well, Nintendo Life just got their stream and blog up: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/live_blog_watch_the_fire_emblem_nintendo_direct_-_live

As for me, thankfully Siliconera has a twitch embed stream.

Edited by The DanMan

17 hours ago, Masked And Dangerous said:

[img]

You should add Corrin amiibo, Roy and Corrin amiibo compatibility for Fire Emblem Fates, CodeName S.T.E.A.M., and Super Mario Maker, and an another Remake after Heroes of Light and Shadow in there. Also, I do wondered if they'll might announce an another remake of the past Fire Emblem games since we only have Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow, I totally think Gaiden and Binding Blade should get a remake also. And plus, we did saw Tyrfing and Binding Blade was in the trailer also, it's definitely we have more than Archanea, Awakening, and Fates characters in Warriors.

Edited by King Marth 64

For those who don't know, the main site has a link to Direct(the stream is not on yet, but it's been there in case you didn't know). Its the Nintendo website page that usually has the directs on them.

I'm ...just looking at the page on my computer screen...still waiting....still anxious...but sooo full of hype!:P:

Edited by Busterman64

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Does anyone know how to mute SF? I don't like the audio notifactions, and will undoubtedly get a lot during the Direct itself.

Go to your settings, then notification settings.  There's an option there.

Edited by Glaceon Mage