Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Anacybele

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't expect *that*. Saddened by the lack of an avatar, but I'm glad they were bold enough to abandon it for this remake and the game looks very, very interesting. Very happy it's finally getting a Western audience and, well, that's awesome.

Also super hyped to see FE for the Switch.

Meh. I guess even with all I did to keep my expectations lowish, I still ended up rather disappointed. I didn't expect a Gaiden remake either. I also didn't expect anymore 3DS FE games. The 3DS is going to die soon with the Switch on the way (the Switch has portability, remember). I'm not interested in Gaiden, I'd rather have FE4 and FE5. It also looks like pair-up is gone, which is a big disappointment. Just like RD's unique features...gone.

The only thing that excited me was that an FE is on the Switch. FE Warriors only showed us freaking CHROM again.

The mobile game looks nice, but if the lords of all characters have to be voted on to get in the game...no thank you.

Edited by Anacybele

Fuck yeah Gaiden remake!!! I felt it made so much sense to release it now that it seemed that much more unlikely, if that makes sense! It looks amazing!  And it's coming in a few months!

And honestly, FE Mobile looks cool too. Can't wait to try it out!

I bet the 9 people who have actually played fire emblem Gaiden are going CRAZY right now. I know I am. It's been long overdo for a remake and I can't believe this is actually happening.

Edit: It's sad to see some people actually come out disappointed by this. there was nothing but greatness that came out of this direct. New footage of warriors, old school recognition, new game, etc. Just because you didn't get what you wanted, doesn't excuse that.

Edited by Jagen

It was pretty boring, didnt exprect them to remake gaiden i thought it would've been something else. The mobile game looks fun and the artwork looks cool cant wait to play that. Honestly this didn't need to be a direct, thought they were going to show off a new FE game for the switch but i guess its too soon for that.

My reactions went like this:

*sigh* Another remake? Oh well, looks like it could be fun. There better not be any DLC for it though or else I will refuse to buy it. After they cheated us on the Fates DLC, I will never trust them with DLC again.

So we'll be getting a brand new game next year. And that's as much as they'll be telling us...

Yay! Extra footage of the warriors game!... Only 10 seconds...? Oh well, better than nothing. And it's for both Switch and 3DS? I wonder what the differences will be? If none, then the 3DS might be the better choice.

I care absolutely nothing about the dumb mobile game. I refuse to play games on my phone and so will never be getting this or any mobile game at all. Next!

Oh, there is no next... which confirms they don't give a crap about fates and its unused/unreleased content which they screwed us over on. So, I'll just make the vow to never buy any FE games that include DLC until after both the game and DLC are both out and completely done as proof that I won't get screwed by a particular game's content (or lack thereof).

Edited by Amanroth

7 minutes ago, Jagen said:

Edit: It's sad to see some people actually come out disappointed by this. there was nothing but greatness that came out of this direct. Just because you didn't get what you wanted, doesn't excuse that.

Doesn't excuse what? Why aren't people allowed to be disappointed? Just because you think it was great doesn't mean others have to agree. Besides, like I said, I kept my expectations on the low side.

Also, I officially believe that the Corrin Amiibo (as well as Bayonetta and Cloud) are canceled. It's been way too long since anything's been said about them. The last Smash Amiibo released a year ago or so. Not even this Direct mentioned Corrin. What a disappointment there too.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Meh. I guess even with all I did to keep my expectations lowish, I still ended up rather disappointed. I didn't expect a Gaiden remake either. I also didn't expect anymore 3DS FE games. The 3DS is going to die soon with the Switch on the way (the Switch has portability, remember). I'm not interested in Gaiden, I'd rather have FE4 and FE5. It also looks like pair-up is gone, which is a big disappointment. Just like RD's unique features...gone.

The only thing that excited me was that an FE is on the Switch. FE Warriors only showed us freaking CHROM again.

The mobile game looks nice, but if the lords of all characters have to be voted on to get in the game...no thank you.

According to the Choose Your Legends website, the vote is not to get the in the game, the characters voted for just get special event outfits in the game. After all, a lot of the characters they mentioned were already seen in the gameplay footage.

I'm so happy with everything we got from this direct. I was totally not expecting a Gaiden remake, but I'm thrilled, it's the one game that's pretty much impossible to play anymore. The new artsyle looks so pretty!

Fire Emblem Heroes looks a lot better than I was expecting too, especially for a mobile game.

And another Fire Emblem next year on the Switch? Hell yes.

1 minute ago, CancerTurtle said:

According to the Choose Your Legends website, the vote is not to get the in the game, the characters voted for just get special event outfits in the game. After all, a lot of the characters they mentioned were already seen in the gameplay footage.

I just took a gander at the site.  I see EVERYONE.

Alright, who's up for a special costume for Wrys?

Oh my Ashera! I LOVE FE Gaiden's remake! I totally didn't see it coming. It looks good and I'm really happy I can finally get to play it, I always wanted to try it and now I can. It's nice to see their upgraded designs too they look so good. The direct was really good :):.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

3 minutes ago, CancerTurtle said:

Oh, I completely misunderstood. xP I voted for RD Ike anyway, of course! I had to vote Ike and RD Ike is my favorite Ike design. <3

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I just took a gander at the site.  I see EVERYONE.

Alright, who's up for a special costume for Wrys?

Okay, I'm seeing the list now, and there is a huge amount of characters, but when you say everyone, is it really everyone?

It's too good to be true.