Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Anacybele

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, fangpoint333 said:

I'm sure like 90% of the votes will be concentrated into characters from the last two games.

I pray it doesn't...

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

No Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE 2...praise Jesus!!!

1 minute ago, Masked And Dangerous said:

Considering it was one of the biggest flops in the history of Atlus and IS....

Hearing that saddens me...it's actually a fun game(minus a few issues)...:sob:

...sigh...oh well...

6 minutes ago, fangpoint333 said:

I'm sure like 90% of the votes will be concentrated into characters from the last two games.

yeah there's basically no chance for any female character other than lucina and tharja

mostly tharja 

Edited by unique

6 minutes ago, Masked And Dangerous said:

Considering it was one of the biggest flops in the history of Atlus and IS....

You're damn right!!

*Pours himself a glass of vodka*

Edited by Wraith

34 minutes ago, fangpoint333 said:

That's certainly possible but the die hard fans would probably be the ones who would bother to vote every day and if you're a diehard fan you probably know more than just the newer characters. 

Also being able to vote for multiple days might even the playing field a little. Sure, a character like Lucina is probably getting a lot of votes but when you already voted for her its likely you'd vote for someone else the other day. 

Its also possible they don't just chose the most voted characters in general but have a set number reserved for each title and fill that number with the highest ranking characters from those games. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Well  Chulainn  isn't that bad. Itsn't he named after an Irish myth figure now?

The rest are weird, although perhaps they're named after myth stuff as well.

You're referring to Cuchulainn (Cu Chulainn is the more correct spelling), one of the major figures of the Ulster cycle of Irish mythology. The misspelling is maddening, but still.

Also, most of the new names are most likely bastardised Gaelic, and mostly Irish out of that, for the Judgral titles (see: yet again, Othin not being named Oisin, which makes the most sense).

Many of the names are also more Arthurian, like Wendy being Gwendolyn. Honestly, I'll say that most of the names won't kill most people, expect for those who know the old ones. Like most of us. So.... yeah, let the rage blow away in the wind.

Edited by Dayni

I work nights so I didn't watch it live.Somewhat disappointed there was absolutely nothing on Fates. The Gaiden remake already has my money. Heck if they announce a special collector's edition I might wind up buying two! Nothing really on Warriors or the next installment other than a "we're working on it" that's but kuu do. I'll probably play heroes until all the events get boring or annoying to keep up with. It doesn't sound too microtransaction heavy; actually it sounds kinda like Brave Frontier which is on of few mobile games to ever really get my attention. Probably not going to vote as I can't get a flippin' validation code for My Nintendo. 

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

You don't need to be a part of My Nintendo to vote!

I think I have an account, but it tells me my email isn't linked, and I don't know how to get on.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think I have an account, but it tells me my email isn't linked, and I don't know how to get on.

There's an option to continue without your account.  I don't have one, so that's what I did.

Just now, eclipse said:

There's an option to continue without your account.  I don't have one, so that's what I did.

I might do that, if I can't figure it out, but I'll probably want to link it to my account eventually, so I should probably figure it out.

Well this killed my interest in FE mobile. Seeing a 8x12 tile map and units with 2-3 move is not what I'd call strategic depth. 

I personally feel a bit more strongly that the Warrirors game will be...  a Warriors game, and not a experimental formula or an Warriors: Empires kind of deal. 

Echoes looks pretty fun, except for the dungeons, which look timewastey. It's not enough to break into my wishlist though. It does make me think that genealogy/thracia are now also actually remakable, which I had claimed would never happen. Probably won't within the next three years though. 

Edited by Reality

Wow, I haven't been this excited since Fates was first revealed, and I recall that I was more and more disappointed as the release got closer that I ended up not even playing it at all. I don't feel like I missed out much in terms of Fates' story or anything from what I have heard, so here's hoping they don't ruin Gaiden's story in the remake. I've always wanted to play FE2, but the furthest I've ever gone back was FE3, FE4, and FE5 from the Japanese only FEs. Glad to see no signs of an avatar (not a big fan as you can tell), and the new art style looks like a throwback to the older days of FE . I guess you could say I'm cautiously optimistic, but since it's a remake of an established game it'll probably be great.

Also nice to see them working on an all new FE for Switch, kind of surprised they were still making games for the 3DS family of systems when a new and powerful handheld/console was just revealed. FE Warriors has piqued my interest, but only for the idea that we could see some older lords in action again (Seliph, Leif, and Hector among many others). For now I don't quite care seeing as Chrom was the only character they showed off. The new mobile game, I quite frankly have no interest in. All in all, this was great news for FE fans.

4 hours ago, DragonLord said:

Wow, I haven't been this excited since Fates was first revealed, and I recall that I was more and more disappointed as the release got closer that I ended up not even playing it at all. I don't feel like I missed out much in terms of Fates' story or anything from what I have heard, so here's hoping they don't ruin Gaiden's story in the remake. I've always wanted to play FE2, but the furthest I've ever gone back was FE3, FE4, and FE5 from the Japanese only FEs. Glad to see no signs of an avatar (not a big fan as you can tell), and the new art style looks like a throwback to the older days of FE . I guess you could say I'm cautiously optimistic, but since it's a remake of an established game it'll probably be great.

Also nice to see them working on an all new FE for Switch, kind of surprised they were still making games for the 3DS family of systems when a new and powerful handheld/console was just revealed. FE Warriors has piqued my interest, but only for the idea that we could see some older lords in action again (Seliph, Leif, and Hector among many others). For now I don't quite care seeing as Chrom was the only character they showed off. The new mobile game, I quite frankly have no interest in. All in all, this was great news for FE fans.

Oh trust me...if you didn't like the avatar in Awakening, you're DEFINITELY not gonna like the ones in Fates! At least Robin had a freakin' personality! (...And I'm gonna stop myself there before I go on a Corrin rant again...)

I hear that FE2 was a ambitious game, but didn't execute those ambitions very well(and kinda became a black sheep of the series). Hopefully the remake does what it was originally meant to be and then some! Also hoping that if this goes good, we could get more remakes! :D:

I'm also happy we're going back to the classic stuff because while I like what some of the new games did, I prefer what the older games had(and I want them to chill out a bit with whole "waifu" and "fanservicey" stuff because Fates did a bit too much with that stuff).

FE for Switch. Finally happy FE is on a console again(it's a hybrid, but its more a console then a handheld to me). The potential of something big like Radiant Dawn is possible again!

FE Warriors, let every game have at least 3 reps(but it have at least Lyn, Hector, Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, and Sothe) and we'll be good. DLC is would be nice too. :Joshua:

36 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

I'm also happy we're going back to the classic stuff because while I like what some of the new games did, I prefer what the older games had(and I want them to chill out a bit with whole "waifu" and "fanservicey" stuff because Fates did a bit too much with that stuff).

As am I. I feel like Awakening especially helped the larger video game community notice FE, and now IS can go back to their roots (hopefully) without worrying about sales. I am really digging the artstyle (was not a fan of Awakening's and Fates'), looking forward to a new FE for the first time in a while.

4 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

As am I. I feel like Awakening especially helped the larger video game community notice FE, and now IS can go back to their roots (hopefully) without worrying about sales. I am really digging the artstyle (was not a fan of Awakening's and Fates'), looking forward to a new FE for the first time in a while.

Same Here!  The artstyle Awakening and Fates had was alright, but the artstyles in the previous games were a bit more distinct to me(and made everyone seem different and stand out more from one another).

I kinda set expectations high for Fates(which crashed, burned, and shriveled up when the game came out), so this time I'm going in with an open mind, but much lower expectations(...but I'm still hoping it's a good game! Any better then Fates is a plus in my books). :Joshua:

On 1/18/2017 at 11:17 PM, fangpoint333 said:

Unfortunately that sounds about right but you never know. Didn't Ike win one famitsu popularity contest that included fates characters as candidates? Because, if so, that's definitely an encouraging sign for who I'm voting for :)

5 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Unfortunately that sounds about right but you never know. Didn't Ike win one famitsu popularity contest that included fates characters as candidates? Because, if so, that's definitely an encouraging sign for who I'm voting for :)

Yeah, this why I'm holding out hope that Ike at least makes the top ten if he doesn't outright win for males. I'd be ECSTATIC if he won for the males, of course, but I'm just hoping he gets top ten (which is pretty realistic even all things considered) for the wallpaper thing! <3

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this why I'm holding out hope that Ike at least makes the top ten if he doesn't outright win for males. I'd be ECSTATIC if he won for the males, of course, but I'm just hoping he gets top ten (which is pretty realistic even all things considered) for the wallpaper thing! <3

And if he won, wouldn't that be more of an incentive for IS to re release PoR and RD on virtual console? That's why he HAS to win imo.

Just now, Dinar87 said:

And if he won, wouldn't that be more of an incentive for IS to re release PoR and RD on virtual console? That's why he HAS to win imo.

Oh, yes, definitely! I don't see why Ike winning this WOULDN'T equal sales and profit if Tellius got re-released.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, yes, definitely! I don't see why Ike winning this WOULDN'T equal sales and profit if Tellius got re-released.

It'd be a massive boost to the tellius series' popularity if he did win. And since they're my favorite games of all time, beating even paper mario TTYD and Metroid Prime, you can imagine how desperate I am for him to win something.