Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Anacybele

Just now, Dinar87 said:

It'd be a massive boost to the tellius series' popularity if he did win. And since they're my favorite games of all time, beating even paper mario TTYD and Metroid Prime, you can imagine how desperate I am for him to win something.

They're my favorite games of all time too, even beating out Zelda: Skyward Sword, Smash, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, so I definitely know what you mean and have the same desperation.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

They're my favorite games of all time too, even beating out Zelda: Skyward Sword, Smash, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, so I definitely know what you mean and have the same desperation.

Though, having said all that, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't win anything since, if echoes is part of a larger future trend AND IS faithfully remakes it, we're almost guaranteed to get our favorite games remade eventually. The bad part? We might have to wait a very, very VERY long time for this (maybe even like over 2 decades), but maybe, just maybe, it could happen one day.

Just now, Dinar87 said:

Though, having said all that, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't win anything since, if echoes is part of a larger future trend AND IS faithfully remakes it, we're almost guaranteed to get our favorite games remade eventually. The bad part? We might have to wait a very, very VERY long time for this (maybe even like over 2 decades), but maybe, just maybe, it could happen one day.

Yeah, though that'd be a long, hard wait...

Yeah, though that'd be a long, hard wait...

I wonder how likely it is that IS will eventually port the tellius series to the switch. Are they saving them for a huge "virtual console direct" or would they of announced it during this direct? I hope it's not the latter :'(

15 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

I wonder how likely it is that IS will eventually port the tellius series to the switch. Are they saving them for a huge "virtual console direct" or would they of announced it during this direct? I hope it's not the latter :'(

I don't think it's the latter, that might've just been too much FE at once lol. We don't want so much that it doesn't feel like there's nothing more to look forward to, after all. If Tellius is planned for the VC, they'll surely be announced when more VC details come for the Switch.

I don't think it's the latter, that might've just been too much FE at once lol. We don't want so much that it doesn't feel like there's nothing more to look forward to, after all. If Tellius is planned for the VC, they'll surely be announced when more VC details come for the Switch.

You never know. They could be really sneaky and not talk about virtual console until after launch since it doesn't make much sense business wise to advertise something you're not very invested in as a company. I really hope I'm wrong though.

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

You never know. They could be really sneaky and not talk about virtual console until after launch since it doesn't make much sense business wise to advertise something you're not very invested in as a company. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Yeah, but we should still hope for the best.

Yeah, but we should still hope for the best.

I agree. If IS were ballsy enough to remake gaiden of all things then I'd say a tellius something might not be too far off. At the very least, I expect a virtual console release for both titles...someday. Who knows if the switch is that day though?

23 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

It'd be a massive boost to the tellius series' popularity if he did win. And since they're my favorite games of all time, beating even paper mario TTYD and Metroid Prime, you can imagine how desperate I am for him to win something.

What would really seal the deal is if at least Ike and someone else from Tellius made it into the top 10. It would let them know that Ike isn't the only really liked character from the Tellius games and would probably make them think, "hmm, if people really like the characters from this game more then the more recent ones, then they would interested with the games they come from"(...yeah, I know I just pretty much stated what's already been said, just longer, but I just felt like saying it. ;P )!

That's why half my list will be of Tellius characters(the other being Elibe because I really like those guys :3 )!

Either a VC release or a remastering/remake(or whatever it's called that takes the base game and makes it better, with a few needed changes and/or additions. *Stares at RD*)! :Joshua:

5 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

What would really seal the deal is if at least Ike and someone else from Tellius made it into the top 10. It would let them know that Ike isn't the only really liked character from the Tellius games and would probably make them think, "hmm, if people really like the characters from this game more then the more recent ones, then they would interested with the games they come from"(...yeah, I know I just pretty much stated what's already been said, just longer, but I just felt like saying it. ;P )!

That's why half my list will be of Tellius characters(the other being Elibe because I really like those guys :3 )!

Either a VC release or a remastering/remake(or whatever it's called that takes the base game and makes it better, with a few needed changes and/or additions. *Stares at RD*)! :Joshua:

Yeah I want that too (there's some characters I like more than Ike like Jill or Soren) but sadly I just don't see them getting any love unfortunately. And I'd instantly buy a VC release of any of those two games. Even better would be a slightly more expensive, but worth it, "special edition" that adds things like casual mode and other now series' staples.

1 hour ago, Dinar87 said:

Yeah I want that too (there's some characters I like more than Ike like Jill or Soren) but sadly I just don't see them getting any love unfortunately. And I'd instantly buy a VC release of any of those two games. Even better would be a slightly more expensive, but worth it, "special edition" that adds things like casual mode and other now series' staples.

Adding casual would honestly be the main thing that'll help it sell(most people though will get it regardless)!

Actually, here's how I see(and hope for) it:

Newcomers: Casual Mode

Veterans: Add in Maniac Mode in PoR and for RD, actual supports(or just have the two supports systems work at the same time in different ways...somehow) and maybe add a few new endings for some characters(because maybe have some better endings and...well...pairings and all that...:P:)

Edited by Busterman64