Jump to content
Anacybele

Fire Emblem Direct: January 18th 2PM PT/5PM ET

Recommended Posts

I guess we won't know until we see it. Personally I think the time is right for FE15 though. Awakening released in Japan in April 2012 and Fates was announced January 2015. I don't think we'll see gameplay, but a teaser is definitely possible.

After a closer listening, the Treehouse Live is making me doubting now... But I still think the timing is too short for a FE15, it's one year less than Fates compared to Awakening, and Fates was already a bit rushed on the story. If it's true, I'm not sure I really want that.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, I don't think FE Warriors will be shown in the direct. We barely saw anything so I think the game is still on an early phase of development, it wasn't even in the line-up video (unlike Xeno 2, Mario, etc), so I think they don't have any gameplay right now. Maybe they'll give a bit more informations, but nothing more. Same for FE15, it's too soon. Or they rushed it...

Dude, FE Warriors was shown on the screen when Treehouse mentioned the Direct. Why would it not be there?

And we don't know exactly when these games began development, so we can't say for sure that they'd be rushed at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a chance we may see a FE Fates: Revelations port for Switch, maybe even tomorrow at the Direct.

If you look at the source code of the Fire Emblem Warriors page, and search for "Fates", you come upon this:

6L9l2XY.png

Meanwhile, the similar blurbs for Birthright and Conquest correctly state them being on 3DS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, pretty sure that's a typo. The highlighted code is for Revelation for the 3DS, if you check the actual page (for example, the release date, URL).

There are similar errors on other pages. Guess they were in a hurry or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't think it'd make sense for Switch to have only Revelations. The choice aspect was a big feature in marketing, so I think Nintendo would go all or nothing.

Edited by InfinityAlex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think if fates gets ported to the switch it will be all versions and not just one and even then i don't think that will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a surprise, but both NCL and NoE have officially announced the Direct as also airing in Japan and Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCL's tweet also mentioned that the direct will reveal information about FE Mobile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Not really a surprise, but both NCL and NoE have officially announced the Direct as also airing in Japan and Europe. 

Funny, it says "upcoming titles", not just general information. I wonder if that excludes information about Amiibos and DLC for Fates.

 

1 minute ago, Ryo said:

NCL's tweet also mentioned that the direct will reveal information about FE Mobile:

 

I figured as much. It should be near completion, seeing as it was scheduled for release this winter but was set to release later in favor of Super Mario Run, I believe it was, though feel free to correct me on that. 

I wonder if it'll be a new experience entirely or a more casual game with older characters; I remember the bigwigs saying it would be a far more casual game when they declared Fire Emblem to be one of their big IP's, seeing as the game would reach a lot of people who had never played it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds interesting, It will probably be all versions if it happens. I can see it happening too, doesn't sound entirely crazy at all for them. Rerelease the game on the switch for day one release. Gives another title for release, and gives more people an opportunity to try Fire Emblem. Great gimmick really. Also gives an excuse to release more DLC for the game, as it has a new release on the Switch.

 

[email protected] I dont think it will exclude DLC. Considering the amount of time it has taken for any announcement for it, they could of been taking the last batch and localizing it for a simultaneous release for Japan, US, and Europe, as unlikely as it sounds. Would explain the extra long hiatus though.

Edited by Tolvir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping I find another site that has the twitch stream embedded or that the family computer is completely free. If neither, than I'm kinda screwed as far as watching it live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

I'm just hoping I find another site that has the twitch stream embedded or that the family computer is completely free. If neither, than I'm kinda screwed as far as watching it live.

They tend to upload their streams on their YouTube channels mighty fast though, so you wouldn't have to wait long. Besides, you'll most likely find all the information posted here in a horrible, hyped/deflated mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'm just hoping I find another site that has the twitch stream embedded or that the family computer is completely free. If neither, than I'm kinda screwed as far as watching it live.

I don't think Nintendo of America has added it yet, but there's a

provided by Nintendo of Europe. It will probably be the same stuff, sans the prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Thane said:

They tend to upload their streams on their YouTube channels mighty fast though, so you wouldn't have to wait long. Besides, you'll most likely find all the information posted here in a horrible, hyped/deflated mess.

I'd rather take it live than find out stuff second-hand (and potentially contribute to that mess myself earlier).

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I don't think Nintendo of America has added it yet, but there's a

provided by Nintendo of Europe. It will probably be the same stuff, sans the prices.

Thanks, but my situations is... complicated. Basically, youtube doesn't work for me period, with twitch working if it's an inbed. I'll do some searching around tomorrow and hopefully find what I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The DanMan said:

I'd rather take it live than find out stuff second-hand (and potentially contribute to that mess myself earlier).

Thanks, but my situations is... complicated. Basically, youtube doesn't work for me period, with twitch working if it's an inbed. I'll do some searching around tomorrow and hopefully find what I need.

How is Nintendo's own website? Don't they stream there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thane said:

How is Nintendo's own website? Don't they stream there?

It's youtube (which doesn't really work for me no matter what).

Basically, here's my situation: I've got a hand-me-down phone that is good for browsing the internet, making forum posts, and little else, a school computer (yes, I attend a fancy charter school) that blocks youtube and twitch but doesn't block twitch inbeds (I watched the Switch presentation on Engadget because they had the twitch stream there), and the downstairs family computer. So yeah... not much that can be helped outside of me searching around or securing the family computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's youtube (which doesn't really work for me no matter what).

Basically, here's my situation: I've got a hand-me-down phone that is good for browsing the internet, making forum posts, and little else, a school computer (yes, I attend a fancy charter school) that blocks youtube and twitch but doesn't block twitch inbeds (I watched the Switch presentation on Engadget because they had the twitch stream there), and the downstairs family computer. So yeah... not much that can be helped outside of me searching around or securing the family computer.

A fancy school blocks an enormous website where you can watch documentaries, interviews and debates to name a few? Is it one of those schools that thinks old = better, because that's how it's always been done? 

Regardless, I'm sorry but I can't think of any other website where they stream via Twitch like that. I didn't know Nintendo used YouTube for streaming on their own website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain, bro; I'm in my final year of boarding school, and they used to block YouTube too. You tried proxies? If that fails, an old trick we used to do was type https:// rather than the standard http://, though sadly they've long since fixed that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thane said:

A fancy school blocks an enormous website where you can watch documentaries, interviews and debates to name a few? Is it one of those schools that thinks old = better, because that's how it's always been done? 

Regardless, I'm sorry but I can't think of any other website where they stream via Twitch like that. I didn't know Nintendo used YouTube for streaming on their own website.

It's more that they received complaints from parents about students watching porn and stuff. And it's more "fancy" as in "they generally have better than average students and spend money on things such as computers for students, textbooks, and a ton of electives". I can explain more in a PM, but I'd rather not derail the thread further.

And yeah, no need to be sorry. I'm just in a very odd situation.

1 minute ago, InfinityAlex said:

I feel your pain, bro; I'm in my final year of boarding school, and they used to block YouTube too. You tried proxies? If that fails, an old trick we used to do was type https:// rather than the standard http://, though sadly they've long since fixed that one.

Half the proxies are blocked, and those that do work don't support live playback and tend to not play at all for videos over ten minutes. And they're well aware of the "https://" trick.

Edited by The DanMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The DanMan said:

It's more that they received complaints from parents about students watching porn and stuff. And it's more "fancy" as in "they generally have better than average students and spend money on things such as computers for students, textbooks, and a ton of electives". I can explain more in a PM, but I'd rather not derail the thread further.

And yeah, no need to be sorry. I'm just in a very odd situation.

Ah yes, blocking YouTube, that'll stop those kids from watching porn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Ah yes, blocking YouTube, that'll stop those kids from watching porn. 

At least the school washes their hands of all liability by blocking stuff.

Anyways, here's what I expect from the Direct:

-Definitely/Confirmed: A proper FE Warriors trailer, FE Mobile Info

-Very possible: Corrin Amiibo info, localization of Fates' final DLC

-Possible, but unlikely: Path of Radiance on Nintendo Switch Gamecube VC, FE15 teaser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love a collection of older Fire Emblem titles. I feel like they could at the very least put up Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in a mini bundle of sorts; they know how hard those games are to find. 

In fact, why is Nintendo so bad at putting out games on the E-shop anyway? Shouldn't they push their success now that Fire Emblem is in the spotlight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so, I might know someone who works in the distribution of TCGs, I can't be exactly sure if this is the right person but from what I heard we're getting the FE TCG around this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'd love a collection of older Fire Emblem titles. I feel like they could at the very least put up Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in a mini bundle of sorts; they know how hard those games are to find. 

In fact, why is Nintendo so bad at putting out games on the E-shop anyway? Shouldn't they push their success now that Fire Emblem is in the spotlight?

You would think, but Nintendo isn't exactly the best at taking advantage of opportunities given to them. They have missed so many opportunities it isn't even funny.

 

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

so, I might know someone who works in the distribution of TCGs, I can't be exactly sure if this is the right person but from what I heard we're getting the FE TCG around this summer.

That would be cool, this isnt the "my uncle works for Nintendo" type thing here is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...