POLL - Nintendo Switch Presentation

Zera

Poll: Nintendo Switch  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which games are you MOST excited about? (Pick 5 or less)

• 1-2-Switch
    • Arms
    • Splatoon 2
    • Super Mario Odyssey
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • Fire Emblem Warriors
    • Lots of Dragon Quest games
    • Shin Megami Tensei (25th anniversary game)
    • Project Octopath Traveler
    • Skyrim
    • FIFA
    • Zelda, as seen in the new trailer
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Puyo Puyo Tetris
    • Super Bomberman R
    • That 2-second glimpse of a new FAST Racing game
    • Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!
  2. 2. Which games are you LEAST excited about? (Pick 5 or less)

• 1-2-Switch
    • Arms
    • Splatoon 2
    • Super Mario Odyssey
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • Fire Emblem Warriors
    • Lots of Dragon Quest Games
    • Shin Megami Tensei (25th anniversary game)
    • Project Octopath Traveler
    • Skyrim
    • FIFA
    • Zelda, as seen in the new trailer
    • Mario Kart 8
    • Puyo Puyo Tetris
    • Super Bomberman R
    • That 2-second glimpse of a new FAST Racing game
    • Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!

After the big Nintendo Switch presentation, here is the poll you've all been waiting for (or not). Please participate, and only select up to 5 choices per question. Some of the games were only properly shown in separate trailers or Treehouse Live on Nintendo's YouTube channel.

Edited by Zera

Most hype: DRAGON QUEST (especially XI) and of course Breath of the Wild. Since it's me, I suppose that should be an easy enough guess.

Least: Arms and 1 2 Switch. Just... Wasn't really interested in them from the trailer.

I voted for Zelda, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, and of course, FE Warriors as what I'm most excited about. I thought about adding a vote for Arms as well since I think it looks pretty fun, but I wouldn't have anyone to play it with besides online and there isn't any indication that it has a decent one-player mode.

I have the lowest interest in Splatoon 2, followed by a few others I gave a vote to in that poll.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm really really really excited for the Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 the most. I'm excited for Fire Emblem Warriors but because I've never played a Warriors game before, I'd like to see more gameplay footage to get the hype going for me!

The first Splatoon is really really fun but I don't play it often because our internet sucks hahaha

Mario, Zelda, Spaltoon 2, and Xenoblade 2 are the only current announced ones I plan to purchase I might pick 1 or 2

Switch, Arms or Mario Kart as my second game when I buy it during the summer assuming there's nothing else to choose from, because I'm not waiting that long for Zelda and will buy it on Wii U. Mario and Xenoblade obviously will not come out till near December when I will purchase them so they don't apply there.

Least excited for FIFA what else, there couldn't be an announcement I cared less about, Arms could have potential, 1 2 Switch seems like a decent but a bit overpriced party game for Family (I have a family that would probably actually enjoy playing this game together but I don't know if that's worth 50$). Number two is Skyrim, I played Skyrim in 2012 and still have my copy if I ever had the desire to replay it I can. i'm happy to see Bethesda grace a Nintendo Console that doesn't change the fact that already played it. Other than that everything else looks fine nothing I'm overly excited for they could turn out well I'll wait on reviews. That being said I have a lot I want this year so I don't have time for games I'm eh on.

I have a mild form of hype in the shape of Zelda, FE Warriors, and Skyrim. I never played Skyrim and never had the means to do so, so im kinda like "hey skyrim"

And the fact that like, the console is hybrid to handheld.

Fire Emblem warriors, SMT and Xenoblade 2 are my top three though the racing game looks good. I am not in to games that are made for multiplayer so 1 2 Switch is the one I am least interested in. I don't have the money for a Switch at launch so I will be getting the Zelda game as the Wii u version, mostly because I won't have the money right away and I want it to be the last game I buy for it. I hope to save up the money by the time FE Warriors comes out to be able to get a Switch and the game.

Wow, a lot of people don't like 1-2-Switch... I'll admit it doesn't look terribly exciting to me either, but it does look okay for parties at least.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm super hyped for MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey. I also voted for Arms since it honestly looks very fun.

I was initially most hyped for Fire Emblem Warriors, but until we get more details I wish to refrain from judging it at all.

And, of course, I don't give a flying dump about Fifa.

Wow, a lot of people don't like 1-2-Switch... I'll admit it doesn't look terribly exciting to me either, but it does look okay for parties at least.

I think the game, along with the console, have a unique and authentique concept, they're quite innovative regarding that face to face is supposedly the point of the game. It looks really fun but one grows, and people get more responsibilites, leaving less time for group fun and group games. Nowadays I basically play single player games. If I were to be 15 years younger or something, I'd totally give it a shot!

Super, super excited that Zelda is finally coming out. I'm most likely going to wait to buy a Switch until more games come out, so I'll be getting the WiiU version first.

I had a feeling the Warriors game rumor was Fire Emblem related, and I'm glad it was. I've never played a game like that before, so this is a good place to start. That Mario game looked amazing as well.

(Even though it hasn't been officially announced, I'm hoping and praying that THQ Nordic shows off a new Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy in the next couple of years. They recently bought the IP and stated that it would be a good fit for the console.)

Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, and Breath of the Wild in order from lest of the most hyped to greatest of the most hyped. I also voted for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because it has Bowser Jr. unlike the original Mario Kart 8, and Mario Odyssey because it looks interesting.

Least hyped includes Dragon Quest (it's not my cup of tea), Shin Megami Tensei (same reason), 1-2 Switch (because it is a party game not a full game), Splatoon 2 (it's not my cup of tea), and FIFA (not my cup of tea, and all the corruption scandals associated with FIFA make me cringe at the mention of the name).

Edited by vanguard333

Hype

- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: I really want to say this is a continuation of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, even though I personally was hoping for X2. Also, to quote one of the top comments on Youtube "THEY BETTER BE JOLLY BRITISH BLOKES!" // Also, are the original composers from XC1 returning for XC2? I don't know enough about them to make that judgement.

- Splatoon 2: I loved the original Splatoon, even though I haven't played it as much as I would have liked (I got to B+ ranking though!) I wonder what the story is like since Callie seems to be missing and Marie seems a bit down in the trailer.

- Fire Emblem Warriors: I love the Musou games ever since I picked up Samurai Warriors Chronicles for the 3DS. While I have some concerns they may just stick to the popular games, it should not be a dealbreaker to me and I should have fun regardless.

- Super Mario Odyssey: A 3D mario game, and seems to be a proper one at that. I'll have to look into it a bit more though.

- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Looks like a good game, especially since I normally don't play much LoZ. The music and scenery make it for me.

Eh:

- FIFA: An EA Sports game! Not exactly my interests...

- Skyrim: "PC MASTER RACE" *cough* Anyways, I have Skyrim for the PC for extensive modding, so Skyrim on the Switch does not interest me. I rather have mods than portability.

- 1-2 Switch: While the initial concept seems to be a showcase for the system's capabilities by doing multiplayer, like Nintendo Land, the current presentation does not really interest me. Nintendo themed stuff is cool, and sports (Wii era) is universally understood. Party stuff for an introvert like myself? I think I'll pass.

- Snipperclips: Seems a bit weird and I threw it here because I have no real interest in it based off of what I've seen.

Extra

- Arms: This is probably one of those games that look odd, but may actually be fun to play. I'll reserve judgement until I see more of it or test it out myself.

I'm mostly interested in Breath of the Wild, but Xenoblade 2 and Octopath Travellers look like a good time for RPGs. I'm not personally into Splatoon but many of my friends are and I think it will be a solid game and I might pick it up.

As for what I'm not interested in, Arms looks like an expansion of Wii Sports boxing with the telescoping punches introducing a bit of attack lag to the equation. I can't see the gameplay being particularly deep or compelling for what will likely be a full price release. Kinda makes me think it's going to be some kind of flailing simulator. I'm also not into FIFA at all, and to cap off lack of interest would be Snipperclips but mostly because I don't know what it's about. I feel bad about it but I also don't have faith in a new Bomberman game because of Konami.

1-2-Switch didn't really show much gameplay to really demonstrate the concept. But it kinda feels like it should have been a pack-in. It could be as solid as Nintendoland or it could just be a rehash of the motion control shovelware on the Wii. I'm not sure how to feel about it yet.

I'm super hyped/ excited for Breath of the Wild! I am a huge Zelda fan, and everything that Nintendo shows of this game makes me love it even more! I'm also a big Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem fan, so DQXI and FE: Warriors will definitely be on my to-buy list.

Mario Kart and Splatoon are great games, but I can wait for those. Not main hype.

I don't play many Mario games (besides Kart), so I'm not planning on getting Odyssey, but it does look good as an open-world like Mario 64.

Project Octopath Traveler looks interesting and I might try it once I know more about it.

Otherwise the other games I'll pass over. Some look interesting, or have cool concepts (like 1-2-Switch and ARMS), but I don't think I'll buy them.

BOTW is the main game I'm excited to play, but now that DQXI and FE: Warriors are officially announced, well... just more to be excited about!

(Nintendo is killing my wallet.....)

I definitely like Arms, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Fire Emblem Warriors, but I'll might get 1-2 Switch, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! (I wish we have more than picking 5 in the poll). I already have Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, but I'll wait and see if Deluxe confirms if those additional characters will be exclusive or Nintendo will plan on adding the Switch version characters as DLC in the Wii U version.

By the way, why Ultra Street Fighter II and Lego City Undercover isn't on this list?

So far the games that catch my attention the most are Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. I really like the cut-out graphical style they went with Project Octopath, though I usually can't seem to get into anything Squeenix. I'm probably gonna have to wait and see before I can say theres anything I'm truly excited for.

The games I'm least excited for are FIFA and Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

Most: Breath of the Wild, and FE Warriors - I'm very happy especially the latter now being a Major IP.

Least: Don't get me started about that particular franchise featuring that brainless blonde and that sissy dago.