SEVA streams FE6xna [finished, archive up]

SEVA

Hey everyone! I'm SEVA. I don't post regularly, but you might know me as the person who made Micro Emblem, and this Paper Mario fangame.

So anyway, if you've been around the Fan Projects section, you probably know about FE6xna, a remake of Fire Emblem 6 using the FEXNA engine. Well, the remake has a sort of mixed reputation, so I'm going to be taking a look at the good and the bad of it, and I invite you to join me!
This can be done by tuning in to my Twitch stream on Friday, 27th of January. (This is stream part 3.)

You can find my Twitch channel here. The stream starts at 22:00 GMT. That's also 9:00 AM AEDT, 5:00 PM EST, 2:00 PM PST. Any other time zones, you can look up yourself.

EDIT: second video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRWjXuF6ZgQ

Edited by SEVA

I would have preferred to know before the announcement but ya know

So I could provide an updated version

also I can't watch the stream, I have work lol

but I'm assuming it will be uploaded to youtube or something afterwords?

Edited by Chocolate Kitty

Yeh, it'll be on Youtube afterwards.

Also, why provide me an updated version? I want to show the publicly available version. If you have a public update to make, make it. Otherwise, I don't want to see it.

The first stream has concluded! A video archive of the whole thing is available to watch on Youtube:

We got through the first three chapters, but never fear! I will stream again some time this week and we will make more progress on this game, maybe even finish it. Details will be posted as soon as they are decided.

I won't comment too much on the Mugs/Dialogue/Story criticism since I imagine a lot of it has room for improvement and is open to subjectivity for the most part (there was a lot of nit-picking TBH, especially with things that are just different from the original as opposed to being worse?). I've never really commented on those things though since I know that gameplay is most important at this stage of development. I agree with some jarring aspects however (the 'Bern Accent' is just off-putting to read --- not inherently bad, just not the right media for it; you need quality voice acting to make it work).

A lot of the gameplay complaints I disagree with though or you were trying too hard to find faults. Roy's personal actually makes sense in context since he gains EXP slower than others (in return for higher growths) and will likely promote later than others. As well as other things that make sense in full context (Poison actually matters and makes Chad high utility since he can inflict it at range. And yes, the Hammer has 15-20+ HIT compared to the original, Wado just has bad skill and the boss is on a throne?).

Otherwise nobody really cared to comment on what was good/improved compared to original and there's a lot to point out there. Just focused on everything negative. Which I feel is quite unfair on the creator.

One thing I agree with though is the layout of CH3. It's a shame that my criticism wasn't taken as seriously when I brought it up before despite it being changed now (I get the impression skitty doesn't like to openly admit when they agree with feedback -- and there has been a couple cases they've flipped it to make it seem they already implemented changes before the feedback was actually provided -- in order to not admit fault...... CH3 included).

On 1/17/2017 at 10:20 AM, DLuna said:

One thing I agree with though is the layout of CH3. It's a shame that my criticism wasn't taken as seriously when I brought it up before despite it being changed now (I get the impression skitty doesn't like to openly admit when they agree with feedback -- and there has been a couple cases they've flipped it to make it seem they already implemented changes before the feedback was actually provided -- in order to not admit fault...... CH3 included).

eh i get a lot of suggestions as you know, and some get lost; and i get so much that goes in either direction I don't know how to respond(I previously changed ch3 and was told it "didn't feel like the original", so i changed it back, things like that)

Alright, part 2 archive is up on Youtube now!

We got to the end of chapter 6 this time. Next week I'll stream again, and in the third stream we will hopefully finish what there is in this version.

Edited by SEVA

On 1/17/2017 at 11:20 PM, DLuna said:

nobody really cared to comment on what was good/improved compared to original and there's a lot to point out there. Just focused on everything negative. Which I feel is quite unfair on the creator.

It's not the FE6 that they're used to, so it's understandable.  Don't let the criticism jeopardize the work, be sure to take heed of the actually helpful advices buried within, and just keep working on the game so both it and the reception to it will improve.

The date of the 3rd stream has been decided! It will be on Friday 27th, at the usual time. (Check the first post.)
As Onmi pointed out, that's actually a different day in some time zones, so be wary of that.
There is every reason to believe this will be my final stream of this game, though it may mean this stream could be even longer than the previous two. Be prepared for that.

With the third stream over, this series has concluded. The following playlist is an archive of the entire thing:
Archive
I may stream something else in the future, but I have no concrete plans right now.

Edited by SEVA