Two FE Crossovers Now... Thoughts on a Possible Third?

vanguard333

First, we got a crossover between Fire Emblem and SMT. Now Nintendo has announced FE Warriors for the Switch. I am not complaining; it is great to see FE crossovers. Of course jokes have been made of weird FE crossover ideas, and that gave me the idea for this thread, which is about posting ideas as potential crossovers (could be with another Nintendo series or otherwise), and saying why these might or might not be good ideas.

To start, I'll list a few random ideas (these really are random):

FE x Dragon Age

FE x Tekken

FE x Mystery Dungeon

FE x Shovel Knight

FE x Legend of Zelda

Edited by vanguard333

Why not A Nintendo Game With a Lot of Characters x A Nintendo Game With a Lot of Characters?

Otherwise known as FE x Pokemon. How it would work is beyond me, but I think it would be hilarious.

Otherwise known as FE x Pokemon. How it would work is beyond me, but I think it would be hilarious.

I would mention Pokémon Conquest, assuming it would be acceptable to reuse that particular part of that game's gameplay (the battles themselves, not the risk-style part, maybe).

I would mention Pokémon Conquest, assuming it would be acceptable to reuse that particular part of that game's gameplay (the battles themselves, not the risk-style part, maybe).

Nope. I'm not looking for a system that's vaguely like Fire Emblem. I want an all-out brawl with FE characters and Pokemon (inb4 Smash).

No surprise if IS is going to try again and pitch another crossover game between Fire Emblem and Pokemon. If successful, it can mean more publicity for the Fire Emblem series and generate more interest for the series (even though it's already considered mainstream).

I mean the Fire Emblem X Mystery Dungeon crossover has already been done if you're one of the people that agree with the theory that Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team are the same game hahahahaha

But I can see Fire Emblem having a dungeon exploration gameplay like Etrian Odyssey.

FE x Zelda was my most wanted FE crossover along with FE Warriors. And I still really want it!

I actually oppose the idea of FE x Pokemon though, because I feel Pokemon is too light-hearted to go with a more mature series like FE. And Pokemon Conquest exists and an FE x Pokemon game would likely be pretty similar because this was the whole reason the idea was shot down from what I heard. And I've never had any interest in Pokemon Conquest because I felt it looked silly and of course, I think FE x Pokemon would look equally silly.

Fire Emblem x Final Fantasy Tactics might be interesting to see... Although, I actually don't have any particular preferences as to what to cross Fire Emblem over with; I'm more interested in FE15 than any crossovers.

I'd also be interested in seeing a crossover game where the game as a whole takes more after Fire Emblem out of the two source games, because it's my understanding that TMS and Fire Emblem Warriors are both predominantly based on the non-Fire Emblem component.

I don't know why but this sounds vaguely familiar.

Sorry, I am a complete derp, ignore what I just said. Actually, I'm just gonna edit it out

How about... Fire emblem x ... Wow I am trying to think of something, but I just can't find anything that makes sense. Uhm, I guess it would be funny if they did a Kid Icarus crossover, but I have no idea how that would work

Randomly crossing my mind...

Fire Emblem x Rune Factory

Could work, maybe.

I think a FE with world building or Sim City-like mechanics could be a main series game. This is what I thought Fates-Conquest, Awakening and Sacred Stones should have had. Nothing too complex to take away from staple mechanics mind you ^_^

I'm thinking stuff along the lines of this:

• A kingdom is invaded and completely destroyed. Several years later, remnants of those who fled return to rebuild the fallen kingdom. For that reason the game is titled Fire Emblem Empire.
  • Game would would split into four acts: Act 1 is raising an army and getting an exconomy going. Act 2 is establishing boarders and opening trade routes with allies. Act 3 is taking the fight to the enemy that destroyed the kingdom. Act 4 is dealing with the true enemy of the world.
  • Unlike Fates and Awakening, the MU isn't a major character. The MU is a citizen of the fallen kingdom born in exile. They are present for key moments but the canon cast are the main focus of the story. Players can also make more than one MU at a time per save file.
  • The fallen kingdom starts off small but as it's built up things get more complex. In addition to the capital, later in the game you will establish towns and outposts in other kingdoms.
  • Progression is a combination of linear and questing: Quests are done to help develop the kingdom, unlock extra content, recruit certain characters and earn additional resources. The linear progression is a mix of Awakening and Radiant Dawn's pacing.
  • There would be a tech tree ala Civilization. Things start out basic but over time you'll be able to research more complex things.

...Head canon went a bit nuts there LOL. It would probably work in the 3DS though.

Why not A Nintendo Game With a Lot of Characters x A Nintendo Game With a Lot of Characters?

Unfortunately, they already tried to make that happen, and it didn't.

SMT wasn't IS's first choice of a crossover series, they tried to get Pokemon first, and it didn't go through because they said "Nah, we already have Pokemon Conquest".

In terms of story tones and setting, I think Fire Emblem x Dark Souls would be really cool. Dragons being immortal beings that inevitably go crazy makes a neat parallel to the undead and going hollow in DS. As far as "Fire Emblem characters in another game style" goes, I'll second Fire Emblem x Soul Calibur. Lastly, as much as I disapproved of the disproportionate FE representation in Smash (because it's a game for all Ninty franchises), I wouldn't mind a smash style game with the entire roster being FE characters.

I've thought of a REALLY weird one... Fire Emblem X Danganronpa.

rsz_fichaspersonaje.png MacOS_X.png Danganronpa_Trigger_Happy_Havoc_portada-

For those unfamiliar(and...prepare yourself for this one because it's quite the dozy), In Danganronpa, around 16 people(mainly students) are trapped in a school isolated from the outside world and they are forced to live there...for the rest of their lives! If they want out...they need to murder someone and get away with it! As the main character, when you're not spending time with someone to get to know them more, you'll be investigating crime scenes when someone is murdered(after a period of time/days). You need to find clues, piece everything together, and solve the case by figuring out out who the killer is in the "ClassTrial"...or else the killer(or the "Blackened") goes free(or "Graduates" as Monokuma, the bear, puts it) and everyone else gets punished( a.k.a. he kills everyone else)! If you find out "Whodunnit" , only the killer gets punished(but you all are still stuck...just with a smaller number of people)!

(In a sense, it's like Phoenix Wright, a visual novel...but a lot more over the top...but then again, ATLUS made this game so...yeah...they like doing that.)

Of course, as the game progresses, Monokuma gives "motives" for them to kill each other. Some are a bit petty, but others are quite personal! Like say for example at some point later on(this isn't in the game, but..), the motive is "if you can kill someone and get away with it, you and someone of your choice can "Graduate" with you"!

You also, of course, try to find another way out. The situation looks hopeless....but you can't give in to despair(something that Monokuma LOOOOVES! And that's the reason everyone is trapped there...because Monokuma loves the despair of others and can't get enough of it)!

(If the game sounds jacked up...you'd be right...mostly. Its freakin screwed up! That M rating ain't for show!)

As for the crossover, you would have FE characters in a somewhat similar style to TMS#FE and have the characters with the same personalities, but any relationships characters that may have in the FE games with each other(minus a few) aren't established yet(because in this, they don't know one another). They start while trapped in the school and, as I mentioned, they have to survive or they're dead.

(Does this crossover sound weird? Don't blame ya, but the thought came to my mind and it seemed to work in my head)! :Rei:

As for Characters, it would have:

Marth

Caeda

Lyn

Eliwood

Hector

*Emphriam

*Eirika

Ike

Elincia

*Micaiah

*Sothe

Robin

Lucina

Corrin

Jakob.

Camilla

* =relationship remains mostly intact from the games...just more modern now.

As for who dies first...huh, let your imaginations run wild...

OH, and if you're someone who can have they're heartstrings tugged on easily, then this game will play your heartstrings like a guitar at a concert...continuously...laugh as you're down...and will drink your tears in a wine glass because it doesn't care for your feelings! (Yeah, proceed with this game series with caution. I've only seen the first game and...it's a trip, I'll tell you that much! :blink: )

If I think of anything else, I may come back and add another thing.

FE X FIFA/ FE X SPORTS

Now...I can Imagine Robin kicking the ball and getting a critical kick..." IT'S TIME TO TIP THE BALLS"

Oh my gosh, that's freakin' hilarious! :XD:

Edited by Busterman64

What about FE x Advance Wars? First the game took place in a medieval world but the characters die half-way into the story and get reincarnated in a future era where the fights continue.

What about FE x Advance Wars? First the game took place in a medieval world but the characters die half-way into the story and get reincarnated in a future era where the fights continue.

They could just make it an FE skin for Advance Wars gameplay, just instead of tanks you have Cavaliers and instead of jet fighters you have Pegasus Knights. Time to start speculating what everyone's CO powers are going to be.