Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be okay with this DLC if the game released in 2015 like originally planned. As it stands, two years of delays and they can't even give us the whole package? And on top of a new console release? And hard mode is locked behind a paywall? This is not DLC done right.

I'm guessing New Hard Mode would be something like Ocarina of Time's Master Quest. I'm honestly quite excited for this Expansion, $20 is a fair price considering they'll be working on it after the game is out for the most part.

So, it looks like BotW's true price will be $80 instead of $60. I'd be cool with that, but the way they try to hide it is frightfully similar to other AAA games. The idea of having a "hard mode" as DLC - even if there's already a different "hard mode" - is hard to swallow. Difficulty modes are at the top of my list of "things that should never ever be paid DLC".

Edited by Zera

Just thought I'd leave this here:

Source Gaming's PushDustIn and yours truly had a short discussion on the DLC announcement. Don't feel like typing a text wall right now, so have this instead. I hope you find my British chords pleasing to your ears. :P

So, assuming that Nintendo allows for pre-loading of Breath of the Wild, when do you think it will be available? And hopefully, we won't  have a repeat of the Paper Mario: Color Splash fiasco .

26 minutes ago, Dai said:

So, assuming that Nintendo allows for pre-loading of Breath of the Wild, when do you think it will be available? And hopefully, we won't  have a repeat of the Paper Mario: Color Splash fiasco .

What Color Splash fiasco?

And it's not odd for BotW to get 3DS themes. TP and SS got them too.

So, how soon will you be getting the game? I could have it when it comes out, but a friend of mine convinced me to simply wait until I am able to afford the Switch as well (I was initially planning on buying the Wii U version when it comes out, and then more casually over time saving up for the Switch) which SHOULD theoretically only take me until the week AFTER the game comes out. My only worry is if it will be readily available for purchase.

I've preordered  the Switch and BOTW limited edition. I thought I would treat myself after finishing a work contract at a biochemistry firm and fortunately the DLC will be £18 for me.  I will however be picky on buying what accessories and other games for the console I would need until my next job starts in a few weeks.

I want them on release day. But I don't know if that's going to happen. I'd have to see if I have time to go out and buy them. I'm clinging onto a little hope that I can get my hands on a BotW Master edition, but that little hope isn't too high. :(

I'm hoping I'll be able to pre-order this game (Wii U version), but since it's so close to release I might not be able to (I only just now started to become fairly interested in it). If not, I'm hoping I'll be able to find a copy on release day or the day after. It does look really nice, and I'm excited to play it.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One week away, you guys! HYPE!

Woot! I've been waiting for this since it was first announced in 2014!

Only problem is, I think I won't be getting it until later in March, which means I'll have to be avoiding spoilers all across the internet until I get it.

...I'm not counting on getting it release day either. GameStop is sold out of BOTH VERSIONS OF THE SWITCH (meaning the one with the colored joycons and the one with the regular joycons). What the fuck, Nintendo. I thought you were going to be on top of demand this time. Reggie actually said this himself. What bullshit.

I'm not settling for a Wii U version when I want the Switch. I would've preordered sooner, but I WAS MOVING AND WASN'T 100% SURE WHERE EXACTLY I WOULD BE LIVING.

Edited by Anacybele

Since I'm not going ( planning, really, since I can just purchase the Wii U version off of the eShop straight away when it's available) to be able to get it until the week after it comes out, I am seriously hoping that it will be in stock on the tenth, or the fourteenth, either the first or last days of that work week. I'm putting in extra work solely for this.

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm not counting on getting it release day either. GameStop is sold out of BOTH VERSIONS OF THE SWITCH (meaning the one with the colored joycons and the one with the regular joycons). What the fuck, Nintendo. I thought you were going to be on top of demand this time. Reggie actually said this himself. What bullshit.

Foolish Ana, did you really think Nintendo would be prepared for the influx of people buying the Switch SPECIFICALLY for this game? If Nintendo ever anticipated how in demand their products were, they would make many, many more units than they do.

Just now, Hylian Air Force said:

Foolish Ana, did you really think Nintendo would be prepared for the influx of people buying the Switch SPECIFICALLY for this game? If Nintendo ever anticipated how in demand their products were, they would make many, many more units than they do.

After the Amiibo fiasco and stuff, yes, I did think Nintendo should've learned their lesson.

I will be getting the Wii U version since I wanted BotW to be the last game I play on it and I missed the SE. I will go buy it on the 4th since I can't on the 3rd and I plan getting only archer Link and rider Link Amiibos, unless the Zelda one looks better up close the the pictures of her that I have seen.  I plan on buying a Switch for myself when FE Warriors comes out, since I have to buy a new system either way for that game and I will have the money saved up for one then.

So how's everyone going to handle getting the new Zelda? Does it convince you to buy a Switch day one just for breath of the wild or do you 'settle'' on the Wii-U version as Ana put it.

I WANT to get Zelda for the Switch but I don't know if I actually want a Switch at launch. I do know I want to play Zelda as soon as possible so I might just settle for the Wii-U version. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Did you read the posts above? It's not possible to get a Switch at launch anymore. They're all fucking sold out.

When I read those posts I tend to assume that's about the American situation. Europe's seems to have that situations a bit less. I recall walking into a store with lots of Marth and other rare amibo's right in the middle of that infamous drought.