Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, but like I said, that would force me to have to go all the way back up the mountain. The nearest teleporting point is the shrine in Zora's Domain.

I spend some time of today getting my ass kicked by the same creature though without a glitch. Its merely a two minute or so walk from Zora domain to the mountain you fight the centaur on. 

Isn't the game pretty generous with autosaves? If so there might be a save file that's not to far removed from the beast yet not in his line of sight either. 

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I spend some time of today getting my ass kicked by the same creature though without a glitch. Its merely a two minute or so walk from Zora domain to the mountain you fight the centaur on. 

Isn't the game pretty generous with autosaves? If so there might be a save file that's not to far removed from the beast yet not in his line of sight either. 

Yeah, it is generous. But the autosave is definitely bugged. This I know for sure.

Last night it saved after I left the Zora's Domain shrine upon completing it. I had to REDO the shrine today because somehow that save vanished and it put me back in the shrine with it not completed. I made sure to click the save at the top of the autosave list because that's the most recent one.

But yeah, I got no choice but to go back up the mountain waterfalls and try again. I should crouch more.

Edited by Anacybele

That Lynel boss probably killed me more times than a lot of other things in the game combined. That's in part due to my own stubbornness and in part because holy crap I did not expect it to be so fast and strong.

Edited by Thane

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

That Lynel boss probably killed me more times than a lot of other things in the game combined. That's in part due to my own stubbornness and in part because holy crap I did not expect it to be so fast and strong.

That sums up my experience pretty nicely. I could just let the thing go but my Link's a hero dammit! Five tries later, if not a lil more I just sneaked around to get the arrows and left with my tail between my leg.

Did you manage to beat it?

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

That sums up my experience pretty nicely. I could just let the thing go but my Link's a hero dammit! Five tries later, if not a lil more I just sneaked around to get the arrows and left with my tail between my leg.

Did you manage to beat it?

Like the tunnel vision idiot I am, I thought he'd drop the sufficient amount of Shock Arrows, so to my great shame I left and grinded shrines and got some nice weapons and then went back to kick his ass. It's really rare because I'm usually so hell-bent on the main story and stubborn as a mule, but I saw a Shrine north so I figurd I might as well, and from there it escalated into one of my two major into the unknown explorations.

I'm done with the main story now too as well.

2 hours ago, kingddd said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you went into his cabin right before you chop a bunch of trees to get to the cliff area, inside it tells you the recipe hints to cook.

You need the Hylian Bass, Raw Meat and Spicy Pepper and then you cook all three together and present it to the old man.  If you had done this before you got the paraglider he'll give you the warm clothes.

If you missed out on it and got the paraglider already, you can go back to the cabin to get the warm clothes.

Or alternately, as I had pointed out, you can buy a warm tunic in Hateno Village. That's what I did because I wasn't going to figure out that ingredient without looking it up. I don't want to use a guide just yet. :P

Okay, both of these ways seem easy enough. Thanks, you two~

The Lynel is a stealth mission. You're not supposed to fight him at that point in the game.

I died like 10 times on him, until eventually I managed to sneak around, get all the arrows, take his photo (required for a sidequest) and left by jumping off the cliff.

I also finished Zora's Domain as my first dungeon. Loving the game so far, and so glad to finally play a Nintendo game that uses high-profile Mexican VAs. The LatAm Spanish dub is freaking Top Tier.

47 minutes ago, Jave said:

The Lynel is a stealth mission.

I already said I know this. I've been saying I wasn't trying to fight him, but he kept seeing me right away and forcing me to.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already said I know this. I've been saying I wasn't trying to fight him, but he kept seeing me right away and forcing me to.

I wasn't replying to you. It was a general statement given the topic of discussion.

If the Autosave is dropping too close to the action, my tip would be to immediately run to the closest edge and drop off the fighting area. The Lynel won't leave the top, and there's safe road below every edge of the top area. Then just wait until he calms down and retry.

What do you folks think of the voice acting so far?

To me, I find them good and alot of them fit the characters, but it's not fantastic. Zelda's voice really gives that fantasy princess vibe, but unfortunately her vocal tones don't show that much diversity, especially at one memory.

Spoiler

When she get frustrated at Link, when she studies a shrine.

. My favorite voice so far is one of the 4 champions voices below, who I've still yet to met.

Spoiler

Revali

49 minutes ago, Jave said:

I wasn't replying to you. It was a general statement given the topic of discussion.

If the Autosave is dropping too close to the action, my tip would be to immediately run to the closest edge and drop off the fighting area. The Lynel won't leave the top, and there's safe road below every edge of the top area. Then just wait until he calms down and retry.

Oh, my bad.

I simply crouched a lot more and experimented with my routes around the area until I could get 20 arrows without that damn thing killing me. He still almost did anyway, but I managed to get 20 and get away.

Now I don't know what I'm supposed to do against Ruta. Sidon says to stop the ice attacks, but it's not possible. Link can't really block them. He doesn't ever aim for them and they hit him from behind all the time, so he can't aim for them. On occasion I get lucky and one is blocked, but this is literally almost never. I've tried arrows, a sword, a spear... Nothing helps. I didn't try using a shield, but it would leave his back exposed anyway since he only guards his front with one. Link only aims for his front and the ice always aims for his back. This makes it impossible to not get hit.

Another bug maybe?

Whatever the case, I don't think this game is providing enough hints. It's definitely giving more than, say, LA and the Oracles, but not enough. I'm lost a lot, and this makes the game lose points for me. I'm not saying the game should hold your hand, but it shouldn't be too devoid of hints either.

So far, I'd say this game is a 8/10, maybe 7/10. Doesn't live up to the hype so far, sadly. It's not bad at all though.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Now I don't know what I'm supposed to do against Ruta. Sidon says to stop the ice attacks, but it's not possible. Link can't really block them. He doesn't ever aim for them and they hit him from behind all the time, so he can't aim for them. On occasion I get lucky and one is blocked, but this is literally almost never. I've tried arrows, a sword, a spear... Nothing helps. I didn't try using a shield, but it would leave his back exposed anyway since he only guards his front with one. Link only aims for his front and the ice always aims for his back. This makes it impossible to not get hit.

Use cryonis to melt the ice cubes.

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Use cryonis to melt the ice cubes.

Oh. I didn't think you could use the Sheikah Slate while riding Sidon. I guess it was because I couldn't pull out a shield, even while using a sword.

I haven't done any story really. I've mostly just been screwing around…been having a hard time finding shrines.

Even with the upgraded sensor.

Edited by Dai

Huh, there's only one shrine that I tried to find that I couldn't find. Any others that came up on the sensor I found just fine.

On the other hand, the enemy battles get way too hard sometimes, imo. I expected this to be a tough game, but more like ALttP level hard, not freaking Zelda 2 or something.

How do you attack the big Ganon monster in Ruta after he's raised the water? The platforms are too small to move around much on, and the monster hangs out in the air, so no melee weapons will reach. Arrows don't do much damage to it. Somehow I got it to fall down once, but I don't know what I did. All I can really do is take out the ice blocks. Sometimes this thing throws his spear at you too, which you have virtually no chance to avoid on that small platform.

I'm also tired of having to look for help. I shouldn't have to look for help on a game this much.

EDIT: Never mind, I did it! I actually had enough arrows to deal damage to where when I finally knocked it down, it was practically dead. A couple more swings of one of my strong weapons did the trick. :D

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Jave said:

The Lynel is a stealth mission. You're not supposed to fight him at that point in the game.

I realized some time after that Lynel mission that I tend to brute force my way through a few challenges far more than necessary. It didn't even occur to me to sneak around in spite of the Shock Arrows stuck in the trees further down because I thought the mini boss would just drop the rest. Hell, some Shrines can also be forced through; I believe I've skipped the main challenge of like four or five shrines by either cheesing it or just charging through it.

5 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

What do you folks think of the voice acting so far?

I belive the directing must've been rather mediocre because there's nothing wrong with the voice actors themselves I believe, but they sound a bit dull and lifeless. As you put it, Zelda's voice sounds a bit too samey no matter her mood. Some characters do a better job though, like the one you mentioned.

So, after playing for two days, clearing two Divine Beasts and getting the Master Sword, might as well post my thoughts.

The story... 90% of it already happened.  Which is kinda disappointing, but hey, they give a lot of freedom so I guess it is necessary.  The only Zelda flashback I've seen is the one where she goes full tsun on Link by the shrine in the Ancient columns, though.  I like Mipha and Sidoh well enough, and Revali was entertaining with how ego he was.  

Dialogue "trees" with one option feels kinda pointless.

Medoh was a decent dungeon, but Ruta was too much guessing on where to move the trunk.  Though, is it just me, or are they kind of... small?  They feel much tinier than normal dungeons for Zelda.

Shrines are nice.

Also where do I find ingredients for fire resist?

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Is it just me, or do Zelda and the Zora Princess sound the same?

They do kinda sound similar... I like Mipha's voice better though. It sounds sweeter. ^^ She's just...wow, she sounds like such a sweet girl, it's unbelievable.

Yeah, the dungeons feel too small, even though the shrines are nice. There's not enough main story for my liking right now. I hope the DLC story is good.

So far, I'd say 8.5/10. Like I said before, still not living up to the hype. I prefer my Zelda games to have more story and dungeons. The "open-air" concept is nice and all, but this world is SO big that there definitely could be more dungeons than just the divine beasts, which so far aren't even quality dungeons. Sorely missed opportunity here. I honestly expected the game to have more or less the same number of dungeons ALttP had because of how enormous it is. And because of how much time was spent making the game.

Edited by Anacybele

Does anyone know where I can find the korok that upgrades your storage? I found him once after giving his maraccas back but now I don't where he went and I have over 20 seeds that are ready for use.

They do kinda sound similar... I like Mipha's voice better though. It sounds sweeter. ^^ She's just...wow, she sounds like such a sweet girl, it's unbelievable.

She's probably my favorite of the champions, still yet to meet the others and what she gives you after clearing the water divine beast is so good.

I'm still on the Link x Zelda train. Not that I don't approve of mixed race couples, but this one would just go too far for my liking and feels too much like a repeat of Link and Ruto in OoT like I said before. I also didn't find them appealing. Also, I doubt a Hylian can even breed with a Zora, due to highly differing anatomy and such. I feel like it'd be akin to trying to breed bird laguz with beast laguz in Tellius FE, which is not possible.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still on the Link x Zelda train. Not that I don't approve of mixed race couples, but this one would just go too far for my liking and feels too much like a repeat of Link and Ruto in OoT like I said before. I also didn't find them appealing. Also, I doubt a Hylian can even breed with a Zora, due to highly differing anatomy and such. I feel like it'd be akin to trying to breed bird laguz with beast laguz in Tellius FE, which is not possible.

Mipha and her crush are arguably more of a foil to Ruto than a repeat. One is a brat and very open about her crush(Link just doesn't notice) while Mipha is a soft girl who keeps her crush to herself.