Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Mipha and her crush are arguably more of a foil to Ruto than a repeat. One is a brat and very open about her crush(Link just doesn't notice) while Mipha is a soft girl who keeps her crush to herself. 

Yeah, but I still felt like it was a callback to Ruto which...I do not want. xP

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Also where do I find ingredients for fire resist?

Sorry for the double post, but I can now answer this! At least I think. Go to the Naydra Snowfield and you'll find a bunch of stuff called Chillshrooms. I think those are supposed to help with heat/fire resistance, because it says they keep you cool. The Naydra Snowfield is far to the east right at the foot of Mount Lanayru. I felt like exploring that part of the map that I recorded, but never went to, and voila. I also discovered a Great Fairy on the way there. She'll upgrade Link's clothes! Anyway, there are a TON of Chillshrooms here. I collected 22 so far.

3 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

Does anyone know where I can find the korok that upgrades your storage? I found him once after giving his maraccas back but now I don't where he went and I have over 20 seeds that are ready for use.

I can kinda answer this too. I found him somewhere in Central Hyrule, but I can't remember exactly what part. He says Korok Forest is still to the north somewhere and offers to upgrade your storage again.

Also yeah, I love Mipha's gift! No more dying so much. lol

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry for the double post, but I can now answer this! At least I think. Go to the Naydra Snowfield and you'll find a bunch of stuff called Chillshrooms. I think those are supposed to help with heat/fire resistance, because it says they keep you cool. The Naydra Snowfield is far to the west right at the foot of Lanayru Mountain. I felt like exploring that part of the map that I recorded, but never went to, and voila. I also discovered a Great Fairy on the way there. She'll upgrade Link's clothes!

I can kinda answer this too. I found him somewhere in Central Hyrule, but I can't remember exactly what part. He says Korok Forest is still to the north somewhere and offers to upgrade your storage again.

I actually have some of those, they give heat resist but not fire resist :/  I need fire resist...

3 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

Does anyone know where I can find the korok that upgrades your storage? I found him once after giving his maraccas back but now I don't where he went and I have over 20 seeds that are ready for use.

I recommend just going to Korok Forest quickly.  There's a shrine nearby, and Hestu will finally make his way back once you get there, leave, and return, then he'll stay there the rest of the game.  

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I actually have some of those, they give heat resist but not fire resist :/  I need fire resist...

I thought that was the same thing?

Also, I discovered that the warm clothes won't keep you warm everywhere... Some areas are so cold that Link still takes damage even while wearing them. :/

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Before you replied to my post, I actually found him again lol. Managed to upgrade enough room for my items, but I might try Korok Forest soon. Kind of wish they made upgrading storage easier.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I recommend just going to Korok Forest quickly.  There's a shrine nearby, and Hestu will finally make his way back once you get there, leave, and return, then he'll stay there the rest of the game.  

Do you have to go through the Lost Woods to reach him? I have trouble navigating through there and the furthest I got was beyond the first set of torches that sit side to side with each other.

Oh and you can also visit Rito Village that will have gear to withstand cold climate. They can be expensive, but as long as you have two cold resistant accessories, you should be fine.

Edited by Rend Keaven

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought that was the same thing?

Also, I discovered that the warm clothes won't keep you warm everywhere... Some areas are so cold that Link still takes damage even while wearing them. :/

It's not, from what I can tell. Heat resist is represented by a little sun icon, fire resist by a little flame icon.

As for warm clothing, there are cold resistant pants/hat buyable in the Rito's village.  Equip one of those with the cold resistant shirt you get early, and you should be able to go into any cold area (aside from the freezing water) without fear.  

Stock up on some cold resist food, make a beeline to the Rito town and buy one of them as early in the Medoh quest as you can.

Before you replied to my post, I actually found him again lol. Managed to upgrade enough room for my items, but I might try Korok Forest soon. Kind of wish they made upgrading storage easier.

Do you have to go through the Lost Woods to reach him? I have trouble navigating through there and the furthest I got was beyond the first set of torches that sit side to side with each other.

@Rend Keaven You can find him at some stables, but the solution to the end of the lost woods

Light a carried torch and follow the way the little sparks blow.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It's not, from what I can tell. Heat resist is represented by a little sun icon, fire resist by a little flame icon.

As for warm clothing, there are cold resistant pants/hat buyable in the Rito's village.  Equip one of those with the cold resistant shirt you get early, and you should be able to go into any cold area (aside from the freezing water) without fear.  

Stock up on some cold resist food, make a beeline to the Rito town and buy one of them as early in the Medoh quest as you can.

Huh, that's weird.

And these ARE cold resistant clothing. I got them in Hateno Village. It says cold resistance, so I don't get why they wouldn't work in some parts of this snowy area.

To anyone going to that snowfield though, be careful. There's another Lynel on the way. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Huh, that's weird.

And these ARE cold resistant clothing. I got them in Hateno Village. It says cold resistance, so I don't get why they wouldn't work in some parts of this snowy area.

You need two pieces of clothing for some snow areas, both a shirt and pants (or the Rito hat), so you have two levels worth of resist.  That's what I meant.  I can get to the top of Hebra tower like that without a worry.

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You need two pieces of clothing for some snow areas, both a shirt and pants (or the Rito hat), so you have two levels worth of resist.  That's what I meant.  I can get to the top of Hebra tower like that without a worry.

Ohhh, I see now.

My goal today was to explore the Lanayru Range after a tip from a villager in Hateno Village. Cooked up some cold-resistant food, and had a blast.

Thought Naydra was a snail at first.

Edited by Dai

Heh, I just got done exploring the beach south of Hateno. I beat both the shrines out there too! But warning: they both contain very VERY tough enemy battles. Bring powerful weapons and/or defense-boosting food or lots of hearts. Just SOMETHING along the lines of that. I feel like I barely squeaked by both of these. But the battles are worth it, because you score some sweet weapons out of the deal, plus a climbing outfit (located in the shrine sitting in the middle of the ocean). The enemy in the shrine sitting in the ocean is the tougher of the two, by the way.

Tip though: there appears to be only two ways to get to the shrine sitting in the middle of the sea. 1: jump off the high cliff nearby and carefully use the glider or 2: slowly use a raft and Korok Leaf to sail there. There's a raft and leaf next to the shrine though, so if you didn't sail there the first time, you're good to go! And there's a treasure chest floating in the water behind said shrine. Use Cryonis to get it. Magnesis won't work.

Also, anyone wondering about the guy named Robbie that Purah referred you to: talk to Beedle at some point and he'll tell you how and where to find him AND give you an Ancient Arrow! (that's the arrow we saw Link use against a guardian waaaaay back in the first BotW trailer years ago) Apparently, you can get more of those from Robbie, and by golly, DO get them! They're supposed to be very effective against the guardians (which explains why we saw Link use them in the aforementioned trailer)!

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Mipha and her crush are arguably more of a foil to Ruto than a repeat. One is a brat and very open about her crush(Link just doesn't notice) while Mipha is a soft girl who keeps her crush to herself. 

It's incredibly fitting that in the LatAm dub, Mipha is voiced by the same actress that voices Hinata on Naruto.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

1: jump off the high cliff nearby and carefully use the glider or 2: slowly use a raft and Korok Leaf to sail there.

There's also 3: Use Cryonis to hopscotch across.  That's what I did.

I've actually gotten so good at Cryonis hopscotching I can probably do it in my sleep, since I basically have R L-control stick-down X X memorized by heart...

16 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There's also 3: Use Cryonis to hopscotch across.  That's what I did.

I've actually gotten so good at Cryonis hopscotching I can probably do it in my sleep, since I basically have R L-control stick-down X X memorized by heart...

Oh yeah, you could do that too. Sounds more tedious than the methods I mentioned though. I actually jumped a cliff and used the glider.

By the way, I started exploring behind the Great Plateau and I saw something WOW inducing.

A massive yellow and green dragon! Sure hope I don't have to fight that thing... Anybody else see it? No spoilers please.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hide contents

A massive yellow and green dragon! Sure hope I don't have to fight that thing... Anybody else see it? No spoilers please.

Was it a long dragon? If so, then I did. Haven't done anything with it, yet.

20 minutes ago, Dai said:

Reveal hidden contents

Was it a long dragon? If so, then I did. Haven't done anything with it, yet.

Yeah, like Chinese style, except I think it had back legs as well as front ones. Actual Chinese dragons only have front limbs.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Hide contents

Yeah, like Chinese style, except I think it had back legs as well as front ones. Actual Chinese dragons only have front limbs.

That's the one. I took a picture to learn more about it.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Heh, I just got done exploring the beach south of Hateno. I beat both the shrines out there too! But warning: they both contain very VERY tough enemy battles. Bring powerful weapons and/or defense-boosting food or lots of hearts. Just SOMETHING along the lines of that. I feel like I barely squeaked by both of these. But the battles are worth it, because you score some sweet weapons out of the deal, plus a climbing outfit (located in the shrine sitting in the middle of the ocean). The enemy in the shrine sitting in the ocean is the tougher of the two, by the way.

Those shrines where quite challenging for me when I entered them early on in the game. I did't beat the major test of strenght, but after spending all my ice arrows I did end up beating the moderate one. The axe had some very high stats that I got some use of later.

After Kakariko village I headed straight to Gerudo desert. The stealth mission there was probably one of my favourite stealth sections and infiltrating Gerudo village was pretty funny.

The only thing I did't like about that arc was the divine beast. I hate room spinning puzzles so I was in that dungeon for much longer then I thought I would be. The boss was cool for his first two phases, but I thought he got extremely cheap in phase 3.

Now i'm off to the Rito's.

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

Those shrines where quite challenging for me when I entered them early on in the game. I did't beat the major test of strenght, but after spending all my ice arrows I did end up beating the moderate one. The axe had some very high stats that I got some use of later.

Same here, I really had to take my time in both and just deal damage little by little, avoid taking damage, use my defense-boosting food, and hope my weapons would last long enough. :P

Here's a tip for that major test later: Remember how these enemies can unleash a crazy spin attack move? Retreat behind a pillar and the silly thing will just crash into it and get dazed. lol You avoid taking damage AND dish out some!

When it uses its circular windy attack, I just steered clear and fired some arrows. Thankfully I had a lot handy.

When it starts firing beams a la the big guardians, run around it in a circle. It's easy to avoid those, really. Then go in as it's charging another beam, get a few hits, then rinse and repeat until it's dead.

The major test actually took me fewer tries than the modest one, and I'd say it's because I got practice doing the modest one first. :P The only difference between the two battles is that one has more HP and fancier weapons.

Edited by Anacybele

100/10 best game of all time 

Kass is best character

So much freedom

Spoiler

I did cry when I realized everyone I grew attached to in the trailers were dead (R.I.P. Rivali :(:)

Edited by Tuvy

I've done barely any main story. It's so much fun just screwing around and exploring.

I bought a house in Hateno Village, too. Currently decking it out.

It's at the beginning of town, just take a right and go behind the general store. Keep in mind...it's EXPENSIVE. I mined Stone Talus for it.

Oh yeah, I figured it'd be expensive. It's a house, after all. But thanks, I'll remember that for the future.

I've seen only two good ways to get a lot of rupees though. One is selling valuable ore like sapphire or ruby. And the other is battling those crazy ninja freaks that the Sheikah hate. I've only encountered two of them though, and I don't know if they respawn or not.

Edited by Anacybele

Stone Talus drops ore whenever you beat it, and it respawns after the Blood Moon. Heck, it's just a drop away from the Shrine of Resurrection.

Edit for Help:

In Sheh Rata Shrine-Speed of Light, how the hell are you supposed to get that second treasure chest? I've tried everything I can think of.

Edited by Dai