Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of hearts, I should get more of them. I'm tired of near everything taking Link out in one hit or almost one hit (I think this is unfair, but we can't make the monsters weaker..). I have six hearts right now, and around 16 Spirit Orbs. I've only found two goddess statues though, the one in the Temple of Time and the one in Kakariko. I haven't seen any others. Can we use them again or do we have to find others?

You can use goddess statues as many times as you like!  Normally, there's at least one in a given town, and there are also some statues in the Goddess springs, though those require the completion of a quest to use.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of hearts, I should get more of them. I'm tired of near everything taking Link out in one hit or almost one hit (I think this is unfair, but we can't make the monsters weaker..). I have six hearts right now, and around 16 Spirit Orbs. I've only found two goddess statues though, the one in the Temple of Time and the one in Kakariko. I haven't seen any others. Can we use them again or do we have to find others?

There is a goddess statue at every village :) In Hateno for example it's somewhere near the inn.

Edit: And you can use them again as many times as you want.

Edited by Crushie

41 minutes ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

I wonder if anyone's done a map to find the shrines. If there's a heart requirement to get the Master Sword, I'll definitely need help in a world this big, so I'm going to cave and try to find a guide.

There are so many shrines, that getting the amount of hearts necessary isn't that hard

you need 13 hearts

Alright, I have one memory left to find and it's the one that's in a generic forest. I'm trying really hard to find all of them without a guide but this one is bothering me. I have a feeling the forest is near Hyrule Castle. I will accept help from anyone, but as long as your advice doesn't tell me the name of the area I have to go to.

2 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

Alright, I have one memory left to find and it's the one that's in a generic forest. I'm trying really hard to find all of them without a guide but this one is bothering me. I have a feeling the forest is near Hyrule Castle. I will accept help from anyone, but as long as your advice doesn't tell me the name of the area I have to go to.

You can find this one in Hyrule field. East of the ranch ruins is a river and you need to find a Forrest close to the riverside. 

Are there any ingredients for Burn Resistance? I just managed to barely reach Goronia by wolfing down a caravan's worth of food, only to find merchants there that sell medicine with burn res, confirming that there is a way to defend against that (There's also armor with burn res, but since it is sold in Goronia too, I couldn't have gotten it before anyway). Could I have avoided this pain by making some of that medicine myself before the climb?

13 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

Are there any ingredients for Burn Resistance? I just managed to barely reach Goronia by wolfing down a caravan's worth of food, only to find merchants there that sell medicine with burn res, confirming that there is a way to defend against that (There's also armor with burn res, but since it is sold in Goronia too, I couldn't have gotten it before anyway). Could I have avoided this pain by making some of that medicine myself before the climb?

Some chick in the stable near the mountain sells heat resisting elixers. The key to making them yourself are fireproof lizards which you can find all over death mountain.  

Hey, I found a couple shrines in the Akkala area that don't require you to do anything inside them to complete them. The challenge for them is simply getting to them. And that's honestly not too hard. You get some nice freebies here, including a weapon that looks kinda like Ike's Ragnell. :D It's a fire sword!

OK, so I've found the Hylian Shield, won't tell anyone where it is for spoilers sake.I would like to know if the shield is breakable and if so where can I get a new one?

Also, are Robbies anti-guardian weapons worth getting? I have the armor but not the weapons as they are too expensive for weapons that break but are they worth getting?

Finally, what order of Divine Beasts did you do/planned on doing? Just to get an idea of what is the most difficult order.The order I did was Ruta, Rudania, Nabooris and Medoh.

Edited by Rend Keaven

Supposedly... "If you lose your Hylian Shield, a character in Tarrey Town will sell you another version of the shield – but it will only be available to you if you’ve already picked up the shield from Hyrule Castle or via an amiibo. "

5 hours ago, Rend Keaven said:

Finally, what order of Divine Beasts did you do/planned on doing? Just to get an idea of what is the most difficult order.The order I did was Ruta, Rudania, Nabooris and Medoh.

That's the order I've been doing too. I just finished Rudania. I didn't have much trouble after reaching Goron City either, as I had enough stuff to sell to afford the whole fire resistant armor you can buy there! Sans the helmet anyway...because why the heck is that thing way more expensive than the top and bottom... But the other two were enough to resist the fire there.

And speaking of Robbie, he said to prove to him that Link is Link by showing the wounds from his body 100 years ago, but how are you supposed to do that?

Beat it while a little tipsy on Saturday. Got the Master Sword, did 80 shrines, got 70 Korok seeds, did all of the Divine Beasts, got all the memories, then stumbled into the final boss when exploring Hyrule Castle. The Barbarian Armor is pretty sick.

Good game. It's a nice companion to Wind Waker as far as "chill Zeldas" go. Don't know how I'd rank it overall. Gonna have to let it sit for a while before I can definitively say.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's the order I've been doing too. I just finished Rudania. I didn't have much trouble after reaching Goron City either, as I had enough stuff to sell to afford the whole fire resistant armor you can buy there! Sans the helmet anyway...because why the heck is that thing way more expensive than the top and bottom... But the other two were enough to resist the fire there.

And speaking of Robbie, he said to prove to him that Link is Link by showing the wounds from his body 100 years ago, but how are you supposed to do that?

Just remove all of Link's armor.

Also, here is my thoughts on the Yiga Clan arc:

Spoiler
Edited by Dai

4 minutes ago, Dai said:

Just remove all of Link's armor.

Also, here is my thoughts on the Yiga Clan arc:

Reveal hidden contents

Weren't his wounds healed by the resurrection chamber though? That doesn't make sense.

29 minutes ago, Sage of Ylisse said:

Anyone have a good strategy to kill Lynels without getting the shit smacked out of Link in the Process?

Rush in close before they annihilate you with Lightning Arrows. Then, it's all a matter of timing your dodges. Side step when they run back to rush you with their bare hands. Backflip their basic combos and when they rush you with their weapons. Alternatively, if you're not timing the dodges well and can't get flurries in, you can rush up behind them after they do their barehand charge and mount them to get some free hits. When they roar and you fall down, run away ASAP.

It's all a matter of whittling them down. If you've done the Divine Beast in Gerudo Valley(Nabooris), Urbosa's Fury will take out large chunks of health. And above all else, keep your shield up.

Edited by Slumber

Finally started playing for myself because I just found out today that you have to switch ID accounts on the wii u to start a new game and not lose progress. Glad to realize that sooner than later.

Impressions? Holy crap can you get sidetracked in this game! I get the feeling I'm gonna miss a bunch of those Korok seeds, but eh. I can overlook that out of appreciation for this hella interactive overworld. 

I finally got to play the game for an extended period of time and I finally left the plateau.

At the moment, I'm totally ignoring the game's direction, though I may do so if only to be able to use the korok seeds I was able to find. 

But at the moment, the game feels amazing. The world is near overwhelming in its size (I must have spent 3-4 hours just exploring the Great Plateau). Also the puzzle elements spread throughout the over world (like for example, I had to figure out a way to get to a tower that was surrounded by sinking mud) are a great.

I reached the desert and did both towers and stuff, but now I dunno what to do from there. The Gerudo are being the Gerudo and not letting Link into their town. xP Do I just keep trying to get in until they let me or something? I have to find some way to do the divine beast here.

By the way guys, did you ever notice a fortress/maze-looking thing on your map in the far northeast? I can tell you how to do it! It took me some time to figure it out, but I can show you the route on that maze. Just give me a picture of the map and I can draw the route for you. :) If you reach the shrine there, you can get something cool! There's also some other treasure lying around in this place, including a silver rupee, so I'd run through the whole maze to get everything.

Edited by Anacybele