Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

Holy shit they actually have a cutscene for if you manage to make your way to Zora's Domain without having Sidon lead you there (or talk to him at all before you arrive, actually) I am legit impressed. Unfortunately I forgot to capture the scene, but Sidon is in the throne room and tells you bluntly that the king is not accepting visitors at this time until noticing you're a Hylain, and then asking why you didn't say so before. It proceeds normally after that

If you're wondering how I did this, I went around the southern side of Ja'Abu Ridge, found a gust of wind that led me up at least half of it, and slowly climbed up by continuously letting go of the wall so I didn't slip or run out of stamina. Took a while to find a part that was angled just right though

Edited by Kon

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Kon said:

Holy shit they actually have a cutscene for if you manage to make your way to Zora's Domain without having Sidon lead you there (or talk to him at all before you arrive, actually) I am legit impressed. Unfortunately I forgot to capture the scene, but Sidon is in the throne room and tells you bluntly that the king is not accepting visitors at this time until noticing you're a Hylain, and then asking why you didn't say so before. It proceeds normally after that

If you're wondering how I did this, I went around the southern side of Ja'Abu Ridge, found a gust of wind that led me up at least half of it, and slowly climbed up by continuously letting go of the wall so I didn't slip or run out of stamina. Took a while to find a part that was angled just right though

Someone actually posted a video of that scene on youtube:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Kon said:

Wow, this game really does let you go anywhere. I thought the rain was supposed to stop you from going anywhere around Zora's Domain aside from the path, but apparently not.

Also, Ja'Abu=Jabu-Jabu?

Yeah, the rain isn't very effective at that. I did meet Sidon but I still tried to stay on the hills when possible. Even without ever actually climbing, I ended up being able to get high enough to glide directly into the city. There was no cutscene for this but the Zora King did inform me that Sidon hadn't arrived yet. Unfortunately before I made my way to meet Sidon at the entrance, I fell from the city into the water and had to reenter using the main entrance (There is a ladder but I didn't notice it back then). So I do not know if there is a special cutscene for when you go the entrance from inside the city to trigger Sidon's arrival.

Edited by BrightBow

6 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Wow, this game really does let you go anywhere. I thought the rain was supposed to stop you from going anywhere around Zora's Domain aside from the path, but apparently not.

Also, Ja'Abu=Jabu-Jabu?

It's significantly more difficult to make it up that way, but not impossible ;9

And yeah, I assume that's the reference they're going for

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Say, how do you get the exploration percentage to be displayed on the map? I only have the temperature and time. It better not be a Switch only thing.

Beating Calamity Ganon and getting a starred file will give you completion fractions.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Beating Calamity Ganon and getting a starred file will give you completion fractions.

Thank you. I guess that's far away, as I've only completed two Divine Beasts and I want to do all of them before defeating Ganon.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know that the Moblins' ragdolling can often shatter the framerate for a bit, but I'm starting to wonder just how unatable they are. I snuck up on a camp of Silver Moblins and struck one with a sneak attack. The ground started to swallow him up, each hit forcing him deeper until he died. His loot was spat up thirty feet away. It broke another Silver Moblin nearby, because the same thing happened, even though I didn't hit him with a sneak attack.

• 3 weeks later...

http://kotaku.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-first-dlc-adds-some-very-coo-1794821521

The DLC is coming, ladies and gentlemen. The lineup is quite convenient, even if the new regions will have to wait until December. The current DLC includes:

• A step retracer over the last 200 hours of play time.
  • A chest containing an item that allows you to set a fast travel location.
  • A dungeon crawl of 45 rooms that rewards you with a powered-up Master Sword
  • A truly hard Hard Mode (the link will tell you more about it)
  • Various sets of Armor and single helmets

All in all, it doesn't seem to be as disappointing as originally thought, because Nintendo doesn't seem to be skimping like we thought they would.

So, you have to pay money for the smart map, Hard Mode, and Korok Mask? Those seem like things that should be free DLC... Granted, I'm sure the game is worth $80 anyways, but still.

9 minutes ago, Zera said:

So, you have to pay money for the smart map, Hard Mode, and Korok Mask? Those seem like things that should be free DLC... Granted, I'm sure the game is worth $80 anyways, but still.

This is only the first half, anyway. Imagine what EA or Activision would charge for DLC like this? Quite a bit more than $10.

Ooh, interesting! I'm not going anywhere near that hard mode, and I doubt I'll get very far in that dungeon crawl, but everything else sounds awesome!

EDIT: Wait, Link starts the dungeon crawl without ANY equipment or weapons? How the hell do we defeat the enemies then? You need a weapon in order to fight...

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ooh, interesting! I'm not going anywhere near that hard mode, and I doubt I'll get very far in that dungeon crawl, but everything else sounds awesome!

EDIT: Wait, Link starts the dungeon crawl without ANY equipment or weapons? How the hell do we defeat the enemies then? You need a weapon in order to fight...

Remote bombs?

Sure their damage is suck, but with patience it'll get the job done.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Remote bombs?

Sure their damage is suck, but with patience it'll get the job done.

That counts as a weapon, so I figured it meant we'd have no access to the Sheikah Slate either.

Just now, Anacybele said:

That counts as a weapon, so I figured it meant we'd have no access to the Sheikah Slate either.

I mean, the Eventide Island Shrine Quest lets you keep your phone, so I figured the concept would be the same.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I mean, the Eventide Island Shrine Quest lets you keep your phone, so I figured the concept would be the same.

The what now? o.O But yeah, I guess so.

Just now, Anacybele said:

The what now? o.O But yeah, I guess so.

That big island in the southeast corner of the map, when you land there it'll start a quest where the monk strips you of everything except the Shiekah Slate and Champion powers.  You have to use the stuff you find on the Island while you take three orbs to three pedestals.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

That big island in the southeast corner of the map, when you land there it'll start a quest where the monk strips you of everything except the Shiekah Slate and Champion powers.  You have to use the stuff you find on the Island while you take three orbs to three pedestals.

Oh, okay. I never got over there, I guess, because it's not familiar to me at all. xP

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay. I never got over there, I guess, because it's not familiar to me at all. xP

Yeah... that was... a fun trial. Just make sure to go there when you have lot of hearts and stamina, and have beaten all/most of the Divine Beasts.

The DLC does look cool, especially the Trial of the Sword and the step retracer. Though I don't know if I'll get it- I never liked the concept of DLC- but I might wait for it to be a prize on My Nintendo.

A free update got released. Now you can change the Audio Language in-game, although the text is still locked on System Language.

So if you wanted to play the game in English with Japanese voices, you can now do it!

1 hour ago, Jave said:

A free update got released. Now you can change the Audio Language in-game, although the text is still locked on System Language.

So if you wanted to play the game in English with Japanese voices, you can now do it!

What do you think I am, some kind of weeaboo?

I'll probably switch to the Japanese VA for DLC stuff.

10 hours ago, Jave said:

Densetsu no Zelda anime confirmed.