Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool, thanks Etrurian.

I reached Zora's Domain. But that was a little too tedious, imo. Should've been a bit shorter. Sidon is a hoot though. lol

Oh, but tip for that journey up there: bring stuff that cuts the damage from electricity. Yeesh.

Edited by Anacybele

I just started this game yesterday. I must have missed something because I nearly froze on my way to the shrine on top of Mount Hylia. If not for some spicy food I cooked up, I would have. I tried to figure out the recipe that the Old Man's diary mentioned, but I had no idea what it took, aside from meat and peppers. It's a little late for me to get it now anyway.

6 minutes ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

I just started this game yesterday. I must have missed something because I nearly froze on my way to the shrine on top of Mount Hylia. If not for some spicy food I cooked up, I would have. I tried to figure out the recipe that the Old Man's diary mentioned, but I had no idea what it took, aside from meat and peppers. It's a little late for me to get it now anyway.

Yeah, that's the same problem I had. I didn't know what ingredient to look for, so I just cooked up some cold resistance food until I could find the right clothing. Thankfully, you can buy a cold resistant tunic in Haneto Village, which isn't that far into the game.

On another note:

This game's story isn't that great so far, imo. Gameplay is awesome though. But I mean, other than the Divine Beasts and all, the story is taking all kinds of things from past Zelda stories, so we've seen it already. Mipha having loved Link is SO a callback to Ruto and her trying to marry Link in OoT, for instance. Also, having to seek out Impa. We've done that in Zelda games how many times now? Come on, Aonuma, you can do better. I'm honestly a bit bored here with this story.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's the same problem I had. I didn't know what ingredient to look for, so I just cooked up some cold resistance food until I could find the right clothing. Thankfully, you can buy it in Haneto Village, which isn't that far into the game.

Well, I'm on my way to Kakiriko Village, so hopefully, Haneto isn't far from it. Still looking for the map of eastern Hyrule.

One thing that kind of bugs me with this game, matter of fact it's bugged me ever since Skyward Sword, is all the emphasis on Hylia. I get it, you know story wise with her, but they don't seem to mention Din, Farore, and Nayru anymore, given that they were the ones who created Hyrule and the Triforce. To me, that makes them kind of a big deal. But they seem to treat them like they're not even part of the lore of Zelda anymore.

I'm wondering, is the horse we saw in the trailers special ? Is there a way to get it ? It's clearly not Epona since she's in Link Amiibo and has lighter colors, but Link's always been shown riding him in the trailers, and I did not find a regular horse with the same colors. For example, we can see it when the old woman starts to speak in the story trailer, it's a dark brown horse with a dark mane.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

3 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I'm wondering, is the horse we saw in the trailers special ? Is there a way to get it ? It's clearly not Epona since she's in Link Amiibo and has lighter colors, but Link's always been shown riding him in the trailers, and I did not find a regular horse with the same colors. For example, we can see it when the old woman starts to speak in the story trailer.

No. I've seen a wild horse with the same colors. I just didn't bother with it because I already had another horse.

22 minutes ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

Well, I'm on my way to Kakiriko Village, so hopefully, Haneto isn't far from it. Still looking for the map of eastern Hyrule.

One thing that kind of bugs me with this game, matter of fact it's bugged me ever since Skyward Sword, is all the emphasis on Hylia. I get it, you know story wise with her, but they don't seem to mention Din, Farore, and Nayru anymore, given that they were the ones who created Hyrule and the Triforce. To me, that makes them kind of a big deal. But they seem to treat them like they're not even part of the lore of Zelda anymore.

My bad, it's actually Hateno. xP But I was close.

That is rather odd. It never made much of a difference to me, but it is kind of weird how Din, Nayru, and Farore aren't mentioned in the games anymore.

Anyway, I discovered that my copy has a gamebreaking bug.

When you go up that mountain at Zora's Domain, you have to get shock arrows from the Lynel. No matter what, I lose to him instantly. And the file restarts with Link right in his line of sight, so there's virtually no chance to get away. One arrow kills Link. Don't say "just use an electricity resistance food" because then the Lynel just rushes over really fast and one blow from his sword kills Link. You can't stack the effects of food, so Link can't eat both an electricity resistance and defense boosting food to get their effects at the same time. No matter what I do, the Lynel sees Link and kills him on the spot. I literally cannot continue.

What a fucking waste of money this was. I guess my Switch will collect dust until Mario Kart and maybe Arms.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. I've seen a wild horse with the same colors. I just didn't bother with it because I already had another horse.

Reveal hidden contents

When you go up that mountain at Zora's Domain, you have to get shock arrows from the Lynel. No matter what, I lose to him instantly. And the file restarts with Link right in his line of sight, so there's virtually no chance to get away. One arrow kills Link. Don't say "just use an electricity resistance food" because then the Lynel just rushes over really fast and one blow from his sword kills Link. You can't stack the effects of food, so Link can't eat both an electricity resistance and defense boosting food to get their effects at the same time. No matter what I do, the Lynel sees Link and kills him on the spot. I literally cannot continue.

What a fucking waste of money this was. I guess my Switch will collect dust until Mario Kart and maybe Arms.

Oh, I see. Too bad it isn't special, but at least I can get it. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, TheFreelancerSeal said:

I never quite liked that one either. I think Hylia is quite an unnecessary character. Her role could be filled by any of the three and if Zelda has to have a connection with a goddess then Nayru in particular seems fit for the job due to her being the goddess of wisdom. 

Oh and I would save your rupees when it comes to the cold resisting outfit. After you can leave the plateau the old man leaves it to you in a chest inside the hut, regardless of whether you discovered the recipe 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Does anyone know where I might find cold-resistant clothes? I'm at the (first?) snowy area where I just finished its trial thing so that I can get the old guy's paraglider. And I always feel like I'm in a rush since the protection from the food I cook is not permanent. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I never quite liked that one either. I think Hylia is quite an unnecessary character. Her role could be filled by any of the three and if Zelda has to have a connection with a goddess then Nayru in particular seems fit for the job due to her being the goddess of wisdom. 

Oh and I would save your rupees when it comes to the cold resisting outfit. After you can leave the plateau the old man leaves it to you in a chest inside the hut, regardless of whether you discovered the recipe 

Exactly. I mean, I know the established Hylia as a lesser goddess, but with the prominence of her name, you'd think they rewrote the entire story. Plus, as you said, given Zelda's inheritance of the Triforce of Wisdom, she should be closer connected to Nayru, just like Ganon is probably closer connected with Din and Link with Farore.

I guess it's back to the plateau then.

Any tips for the Deku Scrubs? Last night, I was getting bombarded by them and killed most of them time too. I think my fire arrows would work, plant and all, but I know how they're traditionally dealt with.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hide contents

You could teleport out of there to a shrine, i guess. Just press start really quickly.

you don't need to deal with the lynel. I recommend giving link a stelth food and then looking for arrows around, without letting him see you. There are prenty of lightning arrows on the field, even far from him.

you could also buy the lightning arrows somewhere else. I don't think you need to get them from that specific spot.

Edited by Nobody

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Get into stealth mode and avoid him. If you already have Shock Arrows, it makes getting them even easier. Don't try to fight him until you can get used to dodging like GiantDad.

4 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:
  Hide contents

Get into stealth mode and avoid him. If you already have Shock Arrows, it makes getting them even easier. Don't try to fight him until you can get used to dodging like GiantDad.

I can't, he sees me before I can do ANYTHING, because like I said, starting up the save file puts Link right in his line of sight for some reason. This is what I think is the bug. The game was probably supposed to drop him behind a rock or something.

If I go back to the nearest shrine (the one in Zora's Domain), I have to go all the way back up that mountain. It's not that big a hassle, but I'd rather not do it.

And I wasn't trying to fight the guy, I was trying to sneak around and get the arrows.

Edited by Anacybele

I can't, he sees me before I can do ANYTHING, because like I said, starting up the save file puts Link right in his line of sight for some reason. This is what I think is the bug. The game was probably supposed to drop him behind a rock or something.

Again, have you tried pressing start and teleporting somewhere else? It's annoying and takes time, but it's better than being stuck forever.

Just now, Nobody said:

Again, have you tried pressing start and teleporting somewhere else? It's annoying and takes time, but it's better than being stuck forever.

No, but like I said, that would force me to have to go all the way back up the mountain. The nearest teleporting point is the shrine in Zora's Domain.

Immediately click left stick. Either that, or bug out, and then come back. If you can't dodge, don't try to fight him.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Immediately click left stick. Either that, or bug out, and then come back. If you can't dodge, don't try to fight him.

I just said, I wasn't trying to fight him. I was forced to do so when he kept seeing me though.

29 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

Does anyone know where I might find cold-resistant clothes? I'm at the (first?) snowy area where I just finished its trial thing so that I can get the old guy's paraglider. And I always feel like I'm in a rush since the protection from the food I cook is not permanent. 

If you went into his cabin right before you chop a bunch of trees to get to the cliff area, inside it tells you the recipe hints to cook.

You need the Hylian Bass, Raw Meat and Spicy Pepper and then you cook all three together and present it to the old man.  If you had done this before you got the paraglider he'll give you the warm clothes.

If you missed out on it and got the paraglider already, you can go back to the cabin to get the warm clothes.

Edited by kingddd

2 minutes ago, kingddd said:
  Hide contents

If you went into his cabin right before you chop a bunch of trees to get to the cliff area, inside it tells you the recipe hints to cook.

You need the Hylian Bass, Raw Meat and Spicy Pepper and then you cook all three together and present it to the old man.  If you had done this before you got the paraglider he'll give you the warm clothes.

If you missed out on it and got the paraglider already, you can go back to the cabin to get the warm clothes.

Or alternately, as I had pointed out, you can buy a warm tunic in Hateno Village. That's what I did because I wasn't going to figure out that ingredient without looking it up. I don't want to use a guide just yet. :P

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Or alternately, as I had pointed out, you can buy a warm tunic in Hateno Village. That's what I did because I wasn't going to figure out that ingredient without looking it up. I don't want to use a guide just yet. :P

the ingredients are literally written in the book itself.  All three of them.

4 minutes ago, kingddd said:

the ingredients are literally written in the book itself.  All three of them.

No they're not. I read it, the old man said in it that he couldn't remember what the third ingredient was. :/

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No they're not. I read it, the old man said in it that he couldn't remember what the third ingredient was. :/

the third ingredient is hinted as "seafood" Which equals fish.

7 minutes ago, kingddd said:

the third ingredient is hinted as "seafood" Which equals fish.

There's more than one type of fish though. I've found three myself.