Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Um, everyone knows that. But no way am I settling for that inferior version. The graphics are worse and the frame rate is worse from what I've heard. Besides, I want the Switch, so I might as well get the Switch version to go with it anyway.

In fact, I don't know why anyone would settle for the Wii U version except if they can't afford the Switch right now, and even then, they could wait until they do have the money. If they want the game THAT bad though... Well, can't blame them there. But otherwise, there's no reason when the Switch version is better and you'll have a new console to play a bunch of other new games on later.

In my case the switch is a waste of money. There is nothing other than Zelda and Warriors this year that I am interested in. To a minor extent, the new mario game. The Switch is not worth it to me right now as there is not enough games to justify the hundreds of dollars needed for the system.

I will wait next year for the Switch, maybe it will have a better release schedule for 2018. That and it will be a lot easier to buy next year. Unless Nintendo wants the Switch to fail, they will release a lot more copies of the system over the next year.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

In my case the switch is a waste of money. There is nothing other than Zelda and Warriors this year that I am interested in. To a minor extent, the new mario game. The Switch is not worth it to me right now as there is not enough games to justify the hundreds of dollars needed for the system.

I will wait next year for the Switch, maybe it will have a better release schedule for 2018. That and it will be a lot easier to buy next year. Unless Nintendo wants the Switch to fail, they will release a lot more copies of the system over the next year.

I see. I wanted it now because Zelda and I might want Arms, I'll definitely want Mario Kart (even if it's an updated version of MK8, I like me some King Boo and stuff and it's also HD Mario Kart on the go. Though I do wish he looked the way he does in the Luigi's Mansion games. His crown is cooler and his face looks more menacing and not simply like a bigger regular Boo). And this is in addition to FE Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey later in the year.

Also...

16992369_1334340479963900_11201008752589

BOOYAH BABY!! The mall being dead was an advantage! Nobody thought to go there early, so I was first in line! They only had a total of four non-preordered consoles, two with colored joy cons and two with gray ones. Thankfully, everybody that got there was happy. There was one line for people who preordered and there were only four of us waiting for non-preorders. The 3rd and 4th people in line were fine with getting gray joycons. The dude right behind me (2nd in line) got the second colored joycons. I actually like this carrying case better than the one in the special edition Zelda too! And I got two Amiibo! I also wouldn't mind having the one of Link with his bow, but I decided it could wait. Link with his horse and Zelda are best. :D Cause a HORSE! And Zelda is so pretty in this game.

I posted this on FB too, btw:

*DAH NAH NAH NAAAAA!*

"You got a Nintendo Switch with colored joy con controllers, a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, two Amiibo for the game, and a special carrying case! These are the hottest selling game products right now, with those colored joy cons going faster than the gray ones! And these were all at retail! Screw you, scalpers!"

lol. XD Which reminds me, the lady at the mall GameStop said NO GameStop stores actually got the BotW Master Edition, despite them having it on their site for a time. The only other site I saw it listed on was Best Buy. WTF Nintendo, was Best Buy privileged or something? On the flipside though, I bet this has caused a lot of preorders from scalpers to get canceled. Serves them right!

Although...

Bad news is, we have another problem. My mom got me a Switch and a Zelda special edition! She was going to surprise me with it when I visit her Thursday. My stepdad called her to tell her I'd be trying to get it on release, but by the time she got a hold of me (I didn't hear my phone amongst the line of people, some of whom my grandpa and I were talking to) I was already at home with my stuff. *headdesk* I suggested she call my brother in Colorado to see if he failed to get it (he really wanted it too), but if he did succeed (and there is a chance he did, knowing him)... I feel SO bad. SO SO BAD. My mom spent all that money only to maybe have to return it! :( Ain't my mom awesome though? Some people have parents that think Pokemon is a spawn of the devil! I'm lucky to have my mom.

Edited by Anacybele

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Bad news is, we have another problem. My mom got me a Switch and a Zelda special edition! She was going to surprise me with it when I visit her Thursday. My stepdad called her to tell her I'd be trying to get it on release, but by the time she got a hold of me (I didn't hear my phone amongst the line of people, some of whom my grandpa and I were talking to) I was already at home with my stuff. *headdesk* I suggested she call my brother in Colorado to see if he failed to get it (he really wanted it too), but if he did succeed (and there is a chance he did, knowing him)... I feel SO bad. SO SO BAD. My mom spent all that money only to maybe have to return it! :( Ain't my mom awesome though? Some people have parents that think Pokemon is a spawn of the devil! I'm lucky to have my mom.

Why don't you return yours? Alternatively you could sell one of the consoles to someone else. I'm sure someone on this site might want it. Althought that is pretty awesome. Props to your mom. 

Edited by SlayerX

My bro got his Wii U copy this morning and I've been watching him play for the last six hours. The open world is def my favourite thing about the game so far. 
Those silly Bokoblins are so fun to mess with.

I have to wait until tomorrow since I am babysitting tonight, I will get the Wii U version since I don't have the money for a Switch right now.  Hopefully I will get to play it Sunday because I won't have time tomorrow.

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

Why don't you return yours? Alternatively you could sell one of the consoles to someone else. I'm sure someone on this site might want it. Althought that is pretty awesome. Props to your mom. 

My mom probably would've returned the one she had (because I wanted the colored joy cons, she got the gray ones. She couldn't have known which ones I wanted though, so it's not her fault), but thankfully, my stepbrother offered to take it. He really wanted a Switch and the game as well anyway.

46 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I got the last copy of a store's Wii U shipment this evening.  Currently updating my Wii U.

Even Wii U copies of the game are selling out? What the heck man...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

My mom probably would've returned the one she had (because I wanted the colored joy cons, she got the gray ones. She couldn't have known which ones I wanted though, so it's not her fault), but thankfully, my stepbrother offered to take it. He really wanted a Switch and the game as well anyway.

Even Wii U copies of the game are selling out? What the heck man...

There were quite a few switch copies, only one Wii U.  

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There were quite a few switch copies, only one Wii U.  

Geez. That's weird. Though I bet Nintendo thought the Switch version would sell more, so...

I didn't start playing until a bit later in the day because I had to eat (didn't get hungry until lunch time), let my dogs out for a bit, do the necessary Switch updates, and a couple other things.

But I've got three of the four Spirit Orbs needed for the paraglider.

...I've also died half a dozen times already. But the majority of those deaths weren't from enemy battles, they were from falling off the god dang tower. Ugh, I feel pathetic. xP

My tips for you guys so far:

- Don't try attacking the guardians that come to life yet, you can't do much damage to them when you're still stuck on the plateau, even with bombs.

- Take at least two cold-resisting dishes with you up the snowy mountain to the shrine up there. You won't get enough time to resist the cold otherwise.

- Watch out for those blasted ice chu chus. I haven't found a way to defeat them without them freezing Link...

- Near the shrine closest to the Temple of Time, there's a bokoblin with a spiked bokoblin club. Kill him and get it, because so far, it's the best weapon I've found. Killing him isn't that easy though, so prepare yourself.

Edited by Anacybele

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

- Take at least two cold-resisting dishes with you up the snowy mountain to the shrine up there. You won't get enough time to resist the cold otherwise.

- Watch out for those blasted ice chu chus. I haven't found a way to defeat them without them freezing Link...

1. If you make the old man's forgotten dish that was mentioned in his diary at his hut (north of Temple of Time), you can get a sweater like top to withstand the cold. The long term of effect of getting this piece of clothing over making the cold-resisting dishes is more efficient.

2. I didn't try this for myself, but have you tried shoot them from afar with your bow and arrows? That might do the trick. 

I just picked up my pre-order not too long ago! Unfortunately I won't be able to play it until nighttime, but I'm so excited! The world looks so big (I wonder if it's bigger than XCX?), so I think I'm going to spend a long time just running around and goofing off.

Also, it's apparently REALLY hard, and since I'm terrible at video games in general, well...let's see how I do.

Yeah, i think XCX's world is probably bigger

started playing this game early today on my wii u and spent a lot of time with it. Not gonna lie, being so different from other zelda games was kind of a shock (i miss muh dungeons!!), but i'm really enjoying it for what it is.

Edited by Nobody

36 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

1. If you make the old man's forgotten dish that was mentioned in his diary at his hut (north of Temple of Time), you can get a sweater like top to withstand the cold. The long term of effect of getting this piece of clothing over making the cold-resisting dishes is more efficient.

2. I didn't try this for myself, but have you tried shoot them from afar with your bow and arrows? That might do the trick. 

1. Yeeeah, I found that later. :P I didn't make the dish yet though. I don't know what the missing ingredient is.

2. Oh yeah. I forgot about the bows I picked up. lol silly me.

I knew that old guy was the king. People all thought he was King Daphnes. But we were only half right. He is the king, but Daphnes isn't his name. He's got a totally new name which I failed to remember. xP

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Yeah, i think XCX's world is probably bigger

started playing this game early today on my wii u and spent a lot of time with it. Not gonna lie, being so different from other zelda games was kind of a shock (i miss muh dungeons!!), but i'm really enjoying it for what it is.

There are regular dungeons in the game last I heard. We just visit them later, I guess. But yeah, this is pretty different from other Zelda games. Gone are the days where we'd cut up grass and pots for hearts and rupees. Neither of these are in the game at all as far as I can tell! Instead you keep Link's health up by feeding and properly clothing him with food and clothes you collect.

11 minutes ago, Dai said:

Rupees are in the game. They are VERY rare.

Seriously? Well then, Nintendo can expect players to take forever to pay for anything...

1 hour ago, Dai said:

You can sell materials for rupees, however.

Yep, I discovered that! People, make sure you find sapphire, because those go for a ton of rupees, at least when you sell them to Beedle!

I finally got some different clothes in Kakariko. I sold enough material to buy a tunic and pants. I'll get that hood next time. Now I know where that hood we saw in the very first trailer comes from!

Did anyone find all the missing cuccos in Kakariko though? (I swear BotW is stealing so much from past games... xP Koroks and Rito from TWW, ruins that look like TP architecture, now cucco hunting from OoT) I'm missing just one and I can't find it. I like finding what goodies I get for completing a sidequest every now and then.

I also found three shrines in the Kakariko area, but could only get inside two of them. The one I couldn't do is in shallow water surrounded by spiky stuff. I can't find a way over the spiky stuff...

1 minute ago, Dai said:

Use Coronis and hop over.

Oh geez, duh. I forgot I had that. Also it's Cryonis. :P

Edited by Anacybele