Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

Strange, I mostly don't see a difference at all in that video, and in some cases, I think the docked shots look better. But not by much. So it's good that there's not a big difference.

Oh, so before I turned in for the night last night, I finally got a horse. It's a black one with a white mane, tail, and ankles. So I believe it counts as a one-color horse, which are harder to get, so I'm proud of myself. ^^ I was actually aiming for a pretty blue horse (it looked blue to me. :P), but that one just didn't want to be tamed. The black one took one try. I named it Windswept after an interesting horse character from one of the Barbie books I read as a little kid. This all-black horse was seemingly not ever going to be tamed by someone until an unexpected character finally befriended it.

I want to catch a chestnut horse too (the reddish ones) to name Flame after the title character of the book The Island Stallion. It's one of the best I ever read. :) It's part of the same series as the Black Stallion books. I never read those though... Oh, I also need to get a palomino (the beige ones with white manes and tails) to name Sunfire after my Zelda OC Kelli's horse. :P

I actually had some trouble finding any with spots which are supposed to be easier, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting my copy, that was supposed to come yesterday. Preordered a stupid Limited Edition (Europe), and I've got no news but an email that it should come one or two days later. Judging by the hour, it's over for today, and tomorrow is sunday, so the store will be closed. I'm so salty.

At least I can tell the Switch looks beautiful, watching it is pretty much the only thing I can do.

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I remember during E3, the Treehouse could use the Scope on the shiekah slate to check enemy HP.

How the hell do you do that?

It might be a function gained later. I mean, you don't start off being able to take pictures or track shrines either.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It might be a function gained later. I mean, you don't start off being able to take pictures or track shrines either.

Hm.  Well, I hope I find it soon, then...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hm.  Well, I hope I find it soon, then...

Yeah, it'd be nice to have.

Also, I found something tricky that I better tell the rest of you guys about. There are two shrines on top of Twin Peaks. On TOP, not talking about the one lower down. The two upper shrines. You can't complete either one without paying a visit to both first. Each has the solution to the other one. You'll see what I mean when you go into them.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Strange, I mostly don't see a difference at all in that video, and in some cases, I think the docked shots look better. But not by much. So it's good that there's not a big difference.

The part of interest is at 7:30, when they do a direct frame rate test. While the docked version can vary from 30 to 20 fps, the portable version is hard locked at 30.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I remember during E3, the Treehouse could use the Scope on the shiekah slate to check enemy HP.

How the hell do you do that?

From the wiki - "Link can use the Sheikah Slate as a Scope when the right analog stick is clicked down. In addition to providing a closer view, the Scope ability provides a first-person view from which Link can set Beacons and also determine an enemy's health by positioning the reticle over said enemy."

5 minutes ago, Zera said:

The part of interest is at 7:30, when they do a direct frame rate test. While the docked version can vary from 30 to 20 fps, the portable version is hard locked at 30.

From the wiki - "Link can use the Sheikah Slate as a Scope when the right analog stick is clicked down. In addition to providing a closer view, the Scope ability provides a first-person view from which Link can set Beacons and also determine an enemy's health by positioning the reticle over said enemy."

I... did that.  All that happened was staring at the enemy in question.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 hours ago, Zera said:

Oh. Well, it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

Guys, I noticed an easter egg with the Divine Beasts. Their names reference sages from other games in the series.

Rudania = anagram of Darunia

Medoh ~ Medli

Ruta ~ Ruto

Naboris ~ Nabooru

They all go with the characters that pilot the beasts too, who are a Goron, Rito, Zora, and Gerudo respectively. Interesting, huh? This might sorta tell us where this game is in the timeline too. I think it may be the last or close to the last in one of the three. OR, it could bring all three timelines back together, maybe.

Also, can anyone at all figure out where Zelda's photos were taken? I don't see any real clues in any of them that would help. :/ And I'm good at noticing little details.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, can anyone at all figure out where Zelda's photos were taken? I don't see any real clues in any of them that would help. :/ And I'm good at noticing little details.

I've only done the first one, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Just look at the structure in the background, find it, and go straight there.

15 minutes ago, Jave said:

I've only done the first one, but it's pretty easy to figure out. Just look at the structure in the background, find it, and go straight there.

...Dude, that "structure" is Hyrule Castle. That's suicide due to all the Guardians. Not long after I went into Central Hyrule to try finding that area, Guardians came at me from all sides. Can't even climb the tower there without them shooting Link down.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

so, can anyone at all figure out where Zelda's photos were taken? I don't see any real clues in any of them that would help. :/ And I'm good at noticing little details.

Have you met the Painter?  He can give directions.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Dude, that "structure" is Hyrule Castle. That's suicide due to all the Guardians. Not long after I went into Central Hyrule to try finding that area, Guardians came at me from all sides. Can't even climb the tower there without them shooting Link down.

I KNOW what the structure is, I just said it like that to avoid a potential spoiler.

And didn't I just tell you I did it myself? It's possible to reach the spot on the photo while avoiding the guardians. You only get spotted by them if you deviate from the path.

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

I KNOW what the structure is, I just said it like that to avoid a potential spoiler.

And didn't I just tell you I did it myself? It's possible to reach the spot on the photo while avoiding the guardians. You only get spotted by them if you deviate from the path.

Hyrule Castle isn't a spoiler, we've seen it in multiple trailers.

I thought you might've been referring to the wrong photo by accident, my mistake.

I believe I did see one or two painters, but I never bothered with them...

Edited by Anacybele

Guys, I've concluded that this game definitely has to be very late in the timeline, whether it joins the three splits or not.

The names of many places on the map seem to reference various characters throughout the series. I've found references to Owlan, Batreaux, and Levias from SS, Sahasrahla from ALttP, Ciela from PH, and hell, even the scarecrows from OoT! (Pierre and Bonooru) This is in addition to the sage easter egg I pointed out about the Divine Beasts.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I don't know how else to explain these names. :P

Also, Glaceon, I found your answer to the enemy health thing. The Champion's Tunic lets you see it, not the Sheikah Slate. I just got the Champion's Tunic and that's how I found out.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I don't know how else to explain these names. :P

They're probably just references.

Each of the towns in Zelda 2 shares its name with a sage from OoT. It's the same thing here.

46 minutes ago, Ema Skye said:

They're probably just references.

Each of the towns in Zelda 2 shares its name with a sage from OoT. It's the same thing here.

And Zelda 2 is confirmed to take place loooong after OoT.

Also, Jave, you were wrong about Guardians not attacking you if you stay on a path. I've been staying on a path to try getting to that Central Tower (because I'm lost without towers giving me maps... this game's world is huge, remember? :P And some of Zelda's photos show Hyrule Castle), but the damn Guardians attack anyway. And it doesn't seem like you can defeat them, at least not easily at all, so how can anyone ever get up that tower?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

And Zelda 2 is confirmed to take place loooong after OoT.

That has nothing to do with it.

I'm not talking timelines. It's literally just the devs recognizing their previous work. They do it all the time.

8 minutes ago, Ema Skye said:

That has nothing to do with it.

I'm not talking timelines. It's literally just the devs recognizing their previous work. They do it all the time.

...Except I WAS talking timelines. Weren't you reading my posts at all?

On another note, I finally got that Central Tower. I didn't actually need to defeat any of the guardians to get up there. All you have to do is go around the right so the only guardian you have to dodge attacks from is the one sitting right next to the tower. Go around him, then climb fast. Meaning jumps. You'll have just enough stamina.

Got a memory out near the castle too. Now I'm going to look for one of those Divine Guardians. Going to start with the one closest to the Kakariko area.

I also found more references to past Zelda games. Daphnes and Gustaf, who were kings of Hyrule in TWW and TMC respectively. Crenel which is the name of the mountain in TMC. Romani which is from MM, and more. I'm beginning to think that if this is implying the same thing Zelda 2 did, BotW is the last in the timeline. Also, 10,000 years passed since the guardians and all were first built. That's a LONG time.

Edited by Anacybele

Has anyone completed the trial near Gerudo Village that involves creating electrical circuits using metal cubes and barrels? It was the first trial that I couldn't do in one attempt.