Speculation: Could we see an older Fire Emblem Title get a 3DS port?

Aurabolt

On 1/15/2017 at 3:56 PM, InfinityAlex said:

I would love to see Geneology and Thracia get released outside Japan. Throw in an avatar who isn't praised like the messiah and I'll be even happier.

...Well, we got FE 2 announced today =O

I missed the first few minutes. Will it be like the original release and be FE1 + FE2 or just FE2?

The door has clearly been kicked WIDE open for the other games I listed to get a 3DS release. I do think Geneology + Thracia can and should be packaged as one game with 3 campaigns (Sigurd's, Leaf's and Celice's). Even if Leaf's is released as DLC ala Fates-Revelations I'd be ok with that.  Blazing Sword + Binding Blade they COULD release as two full, separate games though.

For anyone who have their hope high for a remake, I should remind you that with the exception of 4 and 8, FE 6, 7, 9 and 10 have a smaller chance to get a remake. If you think about it, Gaiden, Genealogy and Sacred Stones pioneered some features which is now standard on the games nowadays, and are close to the fan-familiar Awakening and Fates. But what about the rest? Either they give up the chance, or they will forcefully add the children, marriage  system, world map, etc on to the remakes, therefore potentially destroying the dynamic of the game.

1 hour ago, False Prophet said:

For anyone who have their hope high for a remake, I should remind you that with the exception of 4 and 8, FE 6, 7, 9 and 10 have a smaller chance to get a remake. If you think about it, Gaiden, Genealogy and Sacred Stones pioneered some features which is now standard on the games nowadays, and are close to the fan-familiar Awakening and Fates. But what about the rest? Either they give up the chance, or they will forcefully add the children, marriage  system, world map, etc on to the remakes, therefore potentially destroying the dynamic of the game.

....You DO know this is a speculation thread, right?

6 and 7 actually have as good a chance at being released as the older games for a few obvious reasons. Binding Blade had been considered for a Western release but IS backed out, instead giving us its sequel, Blazing Sword. Now that they know the western market is strong enough for the Fire Emnlem series, it's a matter of WHEN not if.

Yesterday's Nintendo Direct made one thing clear: Fire Emblem is now considered a major IP outside Japan. They would not have announced four new Fire Emblem games at once if they didn't feel that way (Echoes, Heroes, Warriors and the Switch Title).

On 1/19/2017 at 0:20 PM, False Prophet said:

I think that IS has proven themselves to care about their older fans at least enough to remake one of the most obscure games in the series and, because of this, I don't think it's too far fetched to dream for a Jugdral remake or eventually even a tellius remake. Yes there's always the chance that the only reason they're remaking gaiden specifically is because of how different it was, but I don't think that's all that likely considering IS could've easily of just made an awakening 2.0 and it would've sold more than this gaiden remake probably. The fact that they didn't do this shows they care imo.

Pretty much ANY argument for remaking Gaiden can also be thrown as FE12, since 12 introduced a lot of mechanics used in Awakening too. And now FE12 is statistically speaking a major priority due to Shadow Dragon, Echoes, Smash, Awakening, Fates, and now Heroes (unless I'm forgetting anything) all prominently being tied to FE12 or having Marth using his appearance in specifically 12.

6 also has ties to a localized game (7), Smash Bros, Awakening, and Heroes, which is more than Jugdral has (Jugdral only has Awakening and Heroes). I can see them either flat out localizing FE6, or making a compilation remake of 6+7

Localized games we already have aside from maybe 7 and 11 if they do compilation remakes I don't see getting remade for quite a while, especially FE8 as it is on virtual console. 4 and 12 just have the features Nintendo may think are much more important to Awakening than Sacred Stones has, and Sacred Stones is probably the least popular FE game in Japan as of writing.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

On 1/20/2017 at 3:04 PM, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Localized games we already have aside from maybe 7 and 11 if they do compilation remakes I don't see getting remade for quite a while, especially FE8 as it is on virtual console. 4 and 12 just have the features Nintendo may think are much more important to Awakening than Sacred Stones has, and Sacred Stones is probably the least popular FE game in Japan as of writing.

...If they fely like it, they could definitely do a remake of Sacred Stones. I do agree the interest isn't there though.

Blazing Sword is the only localized game that could get a 3DS port but only if it's done aloneside Binding Blade. Either both games packaged together or both games released together. 

Geneology + Thracia could be packaged as one game with Thracia being in-game DLC. I think they'll try to fit them all together though.