• Ryoma
    • Marth
    • Caeda
    • Tiki
    • One recruitable character from Awakening
    • One of Xander's retainers
    • One of Ryoma's retainers
    • One of the Jagens/Oifey from Awakening, Archanea, or Fates
    • One Awakening Villain (Gangrel or Walhart. Could be Grima as well, if it's Grima!Robin, who I think could establish himself as unique from vanilla!Robin)
    • One OC who functions as the game's customizable Avatar

49 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Has anyone thought about the possibility of including Laguz among the roster? It may be a surprise ~

Yeah, I'd love to see Ranulf in! He's my favorite shapeshifter.

33 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You know who we're forgetting?

Hide contents

7EJ5gRK.jpg

Now that you mention it lol, I can see him being the joke character. :P

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Has anyone thought about the possibility of including Laguz among the roster? It may be a surprise ~

Yeah, that would be cool! I even had half of them on my list! Forgot to have Caineghis...NO...Nailah...! :Joshua:

6 hours ago, Busterman64 said:

Tellius

• Ike
  • Mist
  • Elincia
  • Sanaki
  • Micaiah
  • Sothe
  • Jill
  • Marcia
  • Ranulf

Unlocks or DLC

Tellius

• Soren
  • Titania
  • Rolf
  • Shinon
  • Tibarn
  • Naesala
  • Nephenee
  • Mia
  • IIyana
  • Harr
  • Nasir
  • Brom 
  • Gatrie
  • Boyd
  • Volke
  • Oliver
  • Black Knight

...might've missed a few.

(Also, not gonna lie, my list maaaaay be a bit bias...just saying! ;3) :Rei:

Okay, my prediction. I toned it down from my previous prediction in the other thread:

Base Game:

Archanea:
- Marth
- Caeda
- Merric
- Minerva
- Gharnef

Ylisse:
- Chrom
- Robin
- Lucina
- Tharja
- Tiki

Hoshido/Nohr:
- Corrin
- Azura
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Hinoka
- Camilla
- Takumi
- Leo
- Sakura
- Elise

Extra
- Anna
- 3 Original characters (An Avatar and two villains)

24 characters total.

DLC Packs:

Gaiden Pack:
- Celica
- Alm
- Mycen (I guess? I'm not too familiar with the cast of this game)

Genealogy Gen 1 Pack:
- Sigurd
- Quan
- Arvis

Genealogy Gen 2 Pack:
- Seliph
- Julia
- Julius

Thracia Pack:
- Leif
- Nanna
- Finn

Binding Blade Pack:
- Roy
- Lilina
- Zephiel

Blazing Sword Pack:
- Eliwood
- Hector
- Lyn

Sacred Stones Pack:
- Eirika
- Ephraim
- Lyon

Path of Radiance Pack:
- Ike
- Soren
- Black Knight

Radiant Dawn Pack:
- Micaiah
- Sothe
- Sanaki

My guesses are with no knowledge of the games previous to path of Radiance and with no knowledge of shadow dragon. So I will keep the count low on the ones I know.

Tellius

Ike

Miciah

Black Knight/Zelgius (I can see some kind of separate skin for his Zelgius look)

Sothe

Nephenee (Lance user, and one of the most popular side characters from Tellius)

Awakening

Robin (both genders)

Chrom

Frederick

Tharja

2nd gen

Severa

Owain

Inigo

Fates

Corrin (both genders)

Xander

Leo

Ryoma

Takumi

Selena

Odin

Laslow

(Only if he Awakening trio don't make it in the Awakening section, otherwise replace with Hinoka, Camilla, Niles, and Oboro.)

Edited by Tolvir

This isn't a roster list, but if we consider that Hyrule Warriors had two OCs in the form of Lana and Cia, I think it's possible that we get another OC. I hope not, Lana and Cia were awful. Could this maybe be like a new avatar? We know how much IS likes avatars these days, after all.

Edited by MissShake

Also posting my (slightly changed) list from the other thread, with explanations:

Base game:

Marth - face of FE
Caeda - one of the most important female characters in the series and thanks to #FE is now familiar to new fans as well
Tiki - one of the few recurring characters and important in every game she appears in
Garnef - the original villain

Sigurd - main Lord of the best regarded game in the series; honestly could go to Seliph instead
Arvis - a bit less sure he'll appear, but I feel he deserves an appearance alongside Sigurd or Seliph

Alm - Gaiden got some references in Fates
Celica - same as above, plus as a mage warrior she'd make a fun fighter

Roy - Smash Bros
Lyn - out of the three FE7 lords I feel she's the most likely especially if there's only one

Ephraim - I don't expect much SS rep, but Ephraim is someone I'm 99% sure is gonna be in
Lyon - one of the most memorable villains and he could be interesting with the whole necromancer/Demon King angle

Ike - Smash and is one of the faces of FE at this point
Micaiah - so much potential she has to be in
Sothe - we need a ninja and Sothe is the most important candidate, could just as easily be passed up in favour of Kaze though
Black Knight - I feel this is a must in terms of villains

Chrom - confirmed
Lucina - all but confirmed if Chrom is in
Robin - same as above, unless they decide to have an original avatar

Tharja - fanservice
Gangrel - his appearance in #FE makes me think he has a good shot and he works as the token crazy villain
Aversa - same as above, she's the most likely sexy villain
Walhart - I feel he's more likely than Validar if only because he's more memorable and has more potential, plus there are other evil mages that are better and more deserving

Kamui - same as Robin
Xander - all but confirmed
Ryoma - all but confirmed
Camilla - gotta get the waifu fanbase and if it's down to her or Tharja I think she'll win out (who am I kidding we're totally getting both of them over most of the characters on my list)
Takumi - based on popularity; I only left Leo out because I wanted to limit the initial roster to 30 and I think Camilla is more likely
Azura - latest heroine
Anankos - latest villain and a good choice for the big dragon if Medeus doesn't show

Anna - a given

DLC:

Severa/Owain/Inigo/Selena/Odin/Laslow - guaranteed to sell well
Leo/Hinoka/Elise/Sakura - to fill out the Fates roster
Whitewings - seem to be favourites at IS and I think they'd be a good shout out to the classic games

This is probably the most realistic prediction I've seen, but I think we'll get closer to 25-30 characters. If I were to make a prediction, and not just a wishlist, then I'd probably say the base roster'd look like this:

1: Original protagonist

2: Chrom

3: Lucina

4: Robin

5: Marth

6: Ryoma

7: Xander

8: Corrin

9: Anna

10: Tiki

11: Roy

12: Ike

13: Lyn

14: Leo

15: Takumi

16: Camilla

17: Azura

18: Felicia

19: Caeda

20: Micaiah

21: Elincia

22: Mist

23: Lilina

24: Zephiel

25: Tharja

26: Gangrel

27: Jagen

28: Seliph

29: Leif

30: Original antagonist

1 hour ago, Radiant head said:

who is that? 

I don't know; I don't see a person there.  In fact, I can't see anything there.  Why would someone post a picture of nothing?

2 hours ago, MissShake said:

This isn't a roster list, but if we consider that Hyrule Warriors had two OCs in the form of Lana and Cia, I think it's possible that we get another OC. I hope not, Lana and Cia were awful. Could this maybe be like a new avatar? We know how much IS likes avatars these days, after all.

Spoiler

That's technically a single character, but for the sake of roster count (and because that's some real Mary Sue garbage), I get ya.

I'll somewhat reiterate my list from the other thread.  Though this time, I'm not doing joke characters, and I'll be highlighting based on how likely I think they are of getting in over others.  Also, I'm not listing those purely off of desire.  And I'll probably forget some characters who are just as likely as some of these.

Spoiler

Archanea

• Marth
  • Caeda
  • Tiki
  • Anna
  • Ogma
  • Minerva
  • Pegasus Sisters*
  • Sirius
  • Jagen
  • A MotE recruit**
  • Hardin (could be enemy or ally)
  • Gharnef
  • Medeus

Elibe

• Roy
  • Lilina
  • Wolt
  • Zephiel
  • Lyndis
  • Eliwood
  • Hector
  • Serra
  • Ninian***
  • Nils***
  • Legault
  • Nino
  • Jaffar (same as Hardin)
  • Nergal
  • Four Fangs

Magvel

• Ephraim
  • Eirika
  • Seth
  • Trainees****
  • Josh
  • Innes
  • L'arachel and gang*
  • Tana
  • Lyon

Tellius

• Ike
  • Elincia (there you go, Anacybele)
  • Soren
  • Mia
  • Titania
  • Volke or Sothe
  • Micaiah
  • A Laguz
  • Nephenee
  • The Four Black Riders*****
  • Ashnard

Ylisse

• Chrom
  • Lucina
  • Robin
  • Tharja
  • Gaius
  • Cordelia
  • 2nd gen popular trio*
  • Validar
  • Walhart
  • Grima

Hoshido/Nohr/Valla

• Corrin
  • Azura
  • Xander
  • Ryoma
  • Leo
  • Takumi
  • Camilla
  • Hinoka
  • Elise
  • Sakura
  • Oboro
  • Niles
  • Ophelia
  • Nina
  • Shigure
  • Forrest
  • Garon
  • Garon's goons (only as subordinates to Garon; very unlikely to ever become playable, unlike the other villains, and are slightly less likely than the "likely allies")
  • Anankos

*May only have one appear, or all will appear (though it might be a hybrid of these two, where one is a "lead" and the others appear during certain attacks)

**Includes Luke, Rody, Cecil, Ryan, Malliesia, and Eine/Katarina

***I doubt both will make it unless there's a special attack for the other to enter in

****Ross, Amelia, and Ewan; again, probably only one will show up, if any even do

*****If only one will make it in, it'll obviously be the Black Knight

MS Paint Color/typeface code:

Is literally confirmed to be in unless they pull some hot BS - Bred Chrom's the only one

Pretty much confirmed - Four

Big Monster? (Only show up as a big boss of some kind; likelihood of appearance varies) - Three

Likely Antagonist - Five/Seven

Unlikely Antagonist - Five/Thirteen

Likely Allies - Eleven

Less Likely Allies - Fourteen/Eighteen

Unlikely Allies - Thirty+

Also color/typeface-coded the locations, though I think it's self explanatory.  I know it's ugly, but I can think of no easier way of expressing this that isn't too visually confusing.

Edited by Ertrick36

If we stick to the Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon focus then...

Awakening: Chrom, Lucina, Walhart, Robin/Grima-Robin, Frederick, Tharja.

Fates: Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, Camilla,  Sakura, Hinoka, Elise (Maid), Garon, Anankos.

Shadow Dragon: Marth, Caeda, Jagen, Tiki, Emperor Hardin, Gharnef.

Medeus would obviously play a role but he'd be an unplayable boss.

That gives us...23 playable characters. Not bad for a base roster. That's without adding some OCs so the plot can make "sense". 

In the case we do get some Tellius representation, I'd go with Ike, any Laguz and Oliver.

Elibe: Eliwood, Hector, Ninian, Lloyd or Nino. 

Magvel: Eirika, Seth, L'Arachel (with Rennac and Dozla), Ephraim, Amelia, Ross.

TMS #FE: Itsuki/Mirage Chrom, Tsubasa/Mirage Caeda, Mamori/Mirage Draug or Kiria/Mirage Tharja.

Jugdral: Sigurd, Arvis, Seliph. 

Other: Owain with the ability to switch between Myrmidon and Dark Mage mid-combo. 

Expect joke characters. Koei-Tecmo LOVES them. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Thank you, but I definitely wouldn't say Elincia is less likely. She's a main character in both games she appears in, and was given DLC in Awakening despite not being a true lord. She also has a Smash trophy, which not even Micaiah has. She's more notable and recognizable than people seem to think. I'm sorry I keep bringing it up, it just really surprises me at how many people are excluding her or saying she's unlikely or whatever. :(

I'll quit talking about it now though, promise. I don't want to talk about it anymore anyway. xP

Archanea:

Marth

Sheeda

Tiki

Minerva

Alm

Celica

Jugdral:

Sigurd

Seliph

Leif

Julia

Julius

Elibe:

Roy

Lilina

Eliwood

Lyn

Hector

Magvel:

Ephraim

Erika

Lyon

Tellius:

Ike

Elincia

Sothe

Micaiah

Black Knight

Ashnard

Awakening:

Lissa

Robin

Tharja

Tiki

Aversa

Gangrel

Validar

Gerome

Fatesville:

Azura

Leo

Takumi

Camilla

Hinoka

Edited by CountessGardy

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I'm probably gonna wait until todays direct for my potential roster predictions, provided they show us anything.

I'll undoubtedly do revisions myself-- half the fun for me (going the realist/killjoy route rather than wishlist) is trying to peg down and mimic their reasoning.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Thank you, but I definitely wouldn't say Elincia is less likely. She's a main character in both games she appears in, and was given DLC in Awakening despite not being a true lord. She also has a Smash trophy, which not even Micaiah has. She's more notable and recognizable than people seem to think.

I did the same for major characters from Elibe and Magvel, and for the same reason; hell, I pegged Lilina, Eirika, and Ephraim as "less likely" too, and Micaiah is, by my standards, less likely than Elincia.  It's definitely not that I don't want them in; in an ideal world, every one of these characters and more would be in and each of them would be amazingly represented.

It's just that based on current evidence, the best we'll get is token representation of the other games in the form of a single, recognizable character, and out of Tellius, that character's gonna be the guy who not only has a Smash trophy and Awakening DLC, but also a spot in the official Super Smash Bros Roster, an amiibo of his own, and a spot in the Fates amiibo roster.

If the Direct informs us that they'll have more representation of the other games, I'll peg her as more likely.  I'm just trying to be as pessimistic about the roster as possible.  I mean, I pegged my favorite character from Fates as "less likely".  And I hardly think that the likes of Catria, Luke, Eine, or Soren have much of a chance, and those are some of my favorite characters in the series.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'll undoubtedly do revisions myself-- half the fun for me (going the realist/killjoy route rather than wishlist) is trying to peg down and mimic their reasoning.

Yeah, I'll probably do that too, and change my hideous MS-paint-like color-coding around.  Depending on what they say, that might mean entire sections get demolished... though at the same time, it'll bump up the chances of some characters.  I can't wait to see just how much more disappointing my prediction list will get!

Spoiler

Watch as it'll get narrowed down to just Chrom, and the rest will be some crappy OCs...

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

I did the same for major characters from Elibe and Magvel, and for the same reason; hell, I pegged Lilina, Eirika, and Ephraim as "less likely" too, and Micaiah is, by my standards, less likely than Elincia.  It's definitely not that I don't want them in; in an ideal world, every one of these characters and more would be in and each of them would be amazingly represented.

It's just that based on current evidence, the best we'll get is token representation of the other games in the form of a single, recognizable character, and out of Tellius, that character's gonna be the guy who not only has a Smash trophy and Awakening DLC, but also a spot in the official Super Smash Bros Roster, an amiibo of his own, and a spot in the Fates amiibo roster.

If the Direct informs us that they'll have more representation of the other games, I'll peg her as more likely.  I'm just trying to be as pessimistic about the roster as possible.  I mean, I pegged my favorite character from Fates as "less likely".  And I hardly think that the likes of Catria, Luke, Eine, or Soren have much of a chance, and those are some of my favorite characters in the series.

Oh, okay, I understand now. I'm cautiously optimistic myself and trying to keep expectations in check and all. So I definitely get where you're coming from.

And really, my biggest issue is people listing characters like Micaiah and Soren and others and not Elincia, when she has just as much a shot as any of them, perhaps more (more than Soren or Nephenee or Mia or whoever else at least, imo). Not a BIG issue, but it's the main problem here.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay, I understand now. I'm cautiously optimistic myself and trying to keep expectations in check and all. So I definitely get where you're coming from.

And really, my biggest issue is people listing characters like Micaiah and Soren and others and not Elincia, when she has just as much a shot as any of them, perhaps more (more than Soren or Nephenee or Mia or whoever else at least, imo). Not a BIG issue, but it's the main problem here.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I believe that main characters take precedence over popular ones.  At least I think that if we get Soren or Mia, we'll also get Elincia.  That also means I think she'd get in over Ogma or Oboro if Tellius is to be represented in more than just Ike.