27. Gharnef
  28. Validar
  29. Garon

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, itsiantime said:

I honestly don't know how everyone is makeing a list with a character roster as big as this.

I know for sure we're getting characters from Fates, Awakening. Then Marth, Ike, Roy as DLC at least.

This always happens whenever Omega Force makes a brand new Warriors spin-off. I can't tell you how ridiculously big the lists for Hyrule Warriors became (though that also hilariously threw everyone off guard due to many characters having multiple move sets)

Edited by Aiddon

I'm now going to say we probably should expect a small roster, due to the game also getting a 3DS version. Obviously, with the Switch being even more powerful hardware than the Wii U, the 3DS is much weaker, and as a result, it'll limit the poor Switch version.

I'm disappointed. This caused some limitations for Smash too, like the Ice Climbers being cut. I don't know why they do this, it's not cool and hurts the final product. If it stayed Switch-exclusive, a lot more could be done.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm now going to say we probably should expect a small roster, due to the game also getting a 3DS version. Obviously, with the Switch being even more powerful hardware than the Wii U, the 3DS is much weaker, and as a result, it'll limit the poor Switch version.

I'm disappointed. This caused some limitations for Smash too, like the Ice Climbers being cut. I don't know why they do this, it's not cool and hurts the final product. If it stayed Switch-exclusive, a lot more could be done.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you don't know that the Wii U and 3DS versions of Hyrule Warriors have the exact same roster. Even the characters introduced in the 3DS version were added to the Wii U version, so there's no reason to assume that being on multiple consoles will hinder the roster in any way.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Didn't the 3DS version of HW actually have more content?

/index.php?/profile/5281-jedi/" rel="">@Jedi You're probably right. The question is if they'll be in the base game or DLC.

Edited by MissShake

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

*looks at your post*

*looks at Hyrule Warriors*

*Looks at Hyrule Warriors Legends*

Que?

I for one am happy to be able to take my FE Warriors game an play it anywhere I want to.

Anyways, revised prediction roster:

Spoiler

Awakening

1. Chrom
  2. Robin (Male if only one gender)
  3. Lucina

Archanea

1. Marth
  2. Alm
  3. Celica

Fates

1. Corrin
  2. Ryoma
  3. Xander

Villains (could be NPCs, but could also be playable)

1. Gangrel
  2. Walhart
  3. Grima
  4. Garon

Other (Could be prioritized over the Villains)

1. One Jagen character
  2. One more Awakening Character
  3. One more Fates character
  4. One more character, either from Awakening or Fates

DLC

1. Alm and Celica (if they don't appear in the base game)

Edited by Folt

2 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Didn't the 3DS version of HW actually have more content?

Read my posts again. The 3DS and Wii U aren't as different in capability as the 3DS and Switch are. The 3DS likely can't handle nearly as much as the Switch, which means the game will likely be limited.

EDIT: Folt, you would be able to take FE Warriors anywhere with the Switch too...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Read my posts again. The 3DS and Wii U aren't as different in capability as the 3DS and Switch are. The 3DS likely can't handle nearly as much as the Switch, which means the game will likely be limited.

I see what you're getting at, but I feel like making the assumption that it's going to hurt the game is going a little overboard.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Limited my ass: Assuming enough power required to run Hyrule Warriors Legends on the N3DS, it should be fine.

They might also make things different on the Switch and N3DS versions, considering how the Switch only has one screen and the 3DS has two, among other differences.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I almost want to say Echoes locks in Alm & Cecilia.  

Basically, this. Plus, with FE Heroes I may even get to dust off my month-old dream list and work off of that instead of being such a pessimist.

Just now, The DanMan said:

Basically, this. Plus, with FE Heroes I may even get to dust off my month-old dream list and work off of that instead of being such a pessimist.

Haha, month old eh? Just have fun! I'm quite curious to see your dream list though.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Haha, month old eh? Just have fun! I'm quite curious to see your dream list though.

It was something I started up when I was bored. I posted it in the main thread already:

FE_Warriors_Ideal_Cast.png

Just slap Takumi and Shinon in there (Takumi would be more mobile and ranged, Shinon would be more bulky and have melee stuff with his bow). Obviously it's still a bit too ambitious, but altering that list feels better than making something new from scratch with lower expectations.

Spoiler

Archanea (5)

1) Marth

2) Caeda

3) Tiki

4) Gharnef

5) Hardin

Valencia(2)

6) Alm

7) Celica

Jugdral(2)

8) Sigurd

9) Leif

Elibe(3)

10) Roy

11) Lyn

12) Hector

Magvel(1)

13) Ephraim

Tellius(2)

14) Ike

15) Micaiah

Ylisse(9)

16) Chrom

17) Robin

18) Lucina

19) Gaius

20) Tharja

21) Owain

22) Severa

23) Inigo

24) Walhart

Fates(6)

25) Corrin

26) Ryoma

27) Xander

28) Camilla

29) Takumi

30) Kaze

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Folt, you would be able to take FE Warriors anywhere with the Switch too...

The difference here is that FE Warriors is a New 3DS Exclusive while Hyrule Warriors Legends is playable on a regular 3DS. I'm not saying we're going to get a roster as big as most people are hoping (and we probably wouldn't even if it was a Switch exclusive), but I'd say we're very likely to get more than Hyrule Warriors in both versions.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Spoiler

Akaneia:

Marth (Lord): Rapier based on original design.

Marth(Hero King): Falchion and Fire Emblem. (Basically a more fancier Marth with Shadow Dragon's design).

Caeda

Jagen: Joke Character?

Hardin (FE 3)

Garnef

Minerva: Please oh please.

Valentia:

Alm 

Celica

Rudolf (DLC)

Dozeh (DLC)

Jugdral

Sigurd

Cuan (DLC)

Finn

Alvis (DLC)

Lief

Seliph

Elibe

Roy (In favor of Eliwood)

Lyn

Hector

Lilina

Zephiel (DLC)

Jaffar (DLC)

Nergal

Magvel

Ephraim 

Eirika

Lyon

Innes (DLC)

L'Arachel (DLC)

Joshua (DLC)

Tellius

Ike

Titania

Micaiah

Black Knight (DLC)

Oliver (DLC) Joke Character

Ashnard (DLC)

-----------

Throw 5 - 10 Darts and see what hits. 

Awakening

Chrom

Robin?

Lucina

Donnel (DLC)

Tiki (Adult because Team Ninja)

Anna(s) (DLC)

Tharja

Gangrel (DLC)

Aversa

Fates

Corrin?

Xander

Ryoma

Takumi

Camilla

Garon

Felicia (DLC)

Jakob (DLC)

Azura

Niles (DLC)

Rest of the Siblings (DLC)

Kaze

FE 16/Switch (DLC a year or two after releasing FE:Warriors)

Main Character

Big Bad

Original Character:

Main reason why I added a (?) near the Avatar units. You will be able to create a Unit, not just for Free Play Mode, for the main story and they will have a small part of it.

Big Bad's Second in command.

Some old knight/king.

Couldn't really narrow down to fit 20 character limit or so. Honestly I'd add more but I'm just spit balling here.

Copied and pasted from the FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS thread, minus the Music Wishlist. I haven't updated it, but with the reveal of Shadows of Valentia I'll say Alm and Celica have a much higher chance of making in to represent Gaiden. As I have not played Gaiden (and FE 4&5), I left it out of my initial list.

Before I start my list, I have a crazy idea / speculation.

Fire Emblem's class system will serve as a basis for common fodder, with promoted variants being used for officers. Essentially, the basic moveset for all characters are based off class, but major player characters will get special abilities or additional moves based off of their character.

So, if hypothetically movesets were baseline on class while spotlight characters get extra moves, we could see other characters acting as officers instead of generics. So, say if we were fighting Chrom, Chrom would have a full moveset since he is a "spotlight character." Lissa, Fredrick, , Sumia, Vaike, and the other Shepherds could appear as officers but with a generic moveset based off of their class. The same can be said of Fate's Royal Siblings: Camilla, Leo, Elise, Hionka, Takumi, and Sakura.

Granted, this is unlikely due to all the art and voice that would have to be put into them, but it is an interesting idea nonetheless. The alternative is that all of these "characters" also make up "avatar parts," so Koei can hit two birds with one stone. Although, if there is actually voice acting, I hope there will be an English option...

Now, to the List Bandwagon!

Character Roster

Likely Candidates (Awakening, Fates, Archanea)
- Original Hero 1:
Gotta be someone original to gather everyone together.
- Original Villain 1: Gotta be someone who screwed everything up so the Hero can gather everyone together.

- Chrom: Practically confirmed from the trailer, so we know we are getting some Awakening reps.
- Male Robin: Male Robin seems to be the Canon Robin, and if Awakening is involved, he practically has to be present. It helps he can serve as a tactician character among a cast of mostly nobles. Also, he has potential story-wise...
- Lucina: Another famous character from Awakening, Smash, and PxZ2. I bet the real Marth will show up, so they can always do the Lucina / Marth thing.
- Grima: Come on, fighting on the back of a giant dragon is awesome. Warrior games tend to go for awesome factor. Also, story potential. As for actual portrayal, probably mainly a stage with an altered moveset for a certain character...
- Gangrel: I personally rather have Gangrel than Validar, bu I see them going Validar if they are going to use Grima. Aversa can stay a generic.
- Tiki (Adult): I imagine Tiki will be like the Midna situation in Hyrule Warriors, where she will be portrayed in both her adult and child forms. Whether one form or the other will be DLC, I am unsure.

- Female Corrin: Female Corrin seems to be getting most of the spotlight (So Conquest is canon folks! You heard it here first!...), so I think she will be used as Fate's Avatar representation. She will be unique by combining her swordplay with her Dragonstone.
- Xander: I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can fight both mounted and unmounted based off the cutscenes of Fates.
- Ryoma: I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can serve as the "Fast Swordsman" type character.
- Azura: Um, Diaochan with a spear? Anyone? No?
- Garon: Not my personal favorite, but considering his antagonist role in Fates, his role playing Fate's FEW villain is high. A part of my hopes they play around with Garon more to make his story more awesome instead of what we got in Fates... (Redeemed Garon? Please?)
- Anakos: Apparently he already has the power to mess around with dimensions, so he may play a role in the story. Personally, I rather have Grima since he is more awesome, and has more story potential instead of boring Anakos. Besides, I mostly see him serving as an NPC role unless they make big bosses a thing in FEW.

- Marth: Gotta have the first guy, whether you like him or not. I suppose he'll be a fencing character?
- Caeda: Where Marth goes, Caeda follows. I think she may be the only flier on the roster.
- Camus: Who better to represent the Camus archetype than Camus himself?
- Gharnef: The Dark Magic villain guy.
- Medeus: The likely final villain for Shadow Dragon.
- Tiki (Child): I imagine Tiki will be like the Midna situation in Hyrule Warriors, where she will be portrayed in both her adult and child forms. Whether one form or the other will be DLC, I am unsure.

Extra:
- Ike: WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! *ahem* I see Ike being a fan favorite, and considering he is roaming the land at the end of Radiant Dawn, who's to say he somehow got caught up in FEW?
- Roy: Smash rep, but considering he didn't show up for Fates, I'll consider his probability a little lower than the others.

Priority Wishlist:
- The Awakening Trio (Inigo, Owain, Severa): Partly due to favoritism and because I want to see fan reactions when these three show up, again. I love these three, I can't help it! Also, the story potential with Awakening and the Fates cast...
- Walhart: While I would like him in, I think for diversity they will go for other characters. Unless, they make Walhart the Lu Bu of FEW, "Do not pursue the Conquerer!"
- The Black Knight: Ike's counterpart. He is also perfect to serve as the Lu Bu of FEW, serving as a slow but unstoppable force of destruction.
- Ashnard: Another enemy to Ike. Currently unique in the fact that there are no real "Wyvern" or "Dragon" Knights on the roster.
- Micaiah: There's plenty of male Dark Mages, so why not a female Light Mage to balance things out? Also, Micaiah bias.
- Ashera: Micaiah's enemy. We have powerful dragons and magic users, why not a Goddess as an antagonist?

FE 7
- Hector: I went Hector in so he can annihilate everything.
- Lyn: Smash rep as an assist trophy, and can do well with a sword & bow skill set.
- Eliwood: One of the main lords, so he'll make it in.
- Nergal: The main antagonist of Blazing Sword.
- Sonia: The recognizable character of Nergal's morphs who also manipulated the Black Fang.

FE 8
- Erika & Ephraim:
The twin lords from Sacred Stones.
- Lyon: The main antagonist of Sacred Stones. I think I am seeing a pattern with dark magic users being villains...
- Seth: Personal request, but Seth could solo FEW on his own. Also serves as a Jeigan character.
- Duessel: Personal request since he is my top favorite character in Sacred Stones and can serve as a "Great Knight" character.

FE 9-10
- Sothe:
We currently lack a dedicated "thief" and he has ties to both Ike and Micaiah.
- Elincia: An alternative Pegasus Knight to Caeda.
- Nephenee: Personal request, but also serves as a character for the "Soldier" class.
- Tibarn: I think he was one of the more prominent Laguz, so why not add a Laguz to FEW?
- Oliver: Why not? Make it happen!

FE 1,3,11,12
- Hardin:
So we can have Dark Emperor Hardin.
- Katrina: To do a bit of the New Mystery Remake storyline with the assassins.
- Kris: To do a bit of the New Mystery Remake storyline with the assassins.

FE 13
- Fredrick:
Serves as a mounted unit and advisor to Chrom.
- Lissa: There is no real "healer" on the roster, but I see Lissa being a Battle Cleric wielding an axe.

FE 14
- Leo, Takumi:
The fan favorite royal brothers. Takumi can serve as the archer while Leo a mounted mage.
- Arthur: Nohr representative OF JUSTICE. The Awakening Trio can work, but I have them listed elsewhere.
- Oboro: Hoshisian representative and fan favorite.

NPC
- Anna:
Possibly as a DLC character later. Anna is everywhere!
- Jake: If anyone even remembers who Jake is.
- Blacksmith and Shopkeep: Fire Emblem staples, unless they just use Anna for everything.
- Naga: May serve as overall guidance for Chrom and company.
- Emmeryn: May serve well as an NPC (just so we can hear "Don't Say Her Name!") or even playable depending on what route they take with her.
- Lilith: Wherever Corrin goes, I bit Lilith will follow. This is especially the case if they go the Anakos route for Fates.
- Felicia, Flora, & Jacob: If not generic units, then NPCs. They are heavily tied to Corrin. (Now that I think about it, Corrin has ties with everyone while Robin has much less ties...)
- Rainbow Sage: Corrin's main story advisor.
- Elice: Marth's sister, may provide some story input.
- Gotoh: Marth's story advisor.

Since Fire Emblem Warriors might go with character-based movesets, here's yet another revised prediction:

Spoiler

At Base

Awakening

1. Chrom (I think Chrom is going to be the main hero of the game, especially because Awakening actually made intergame crossovers possible. A story similiar to, but diverging from Awakening could be on the cards here, and he is also the first, and only, hero known to actually be confirmed for the game.)
  2. Robin (He is the main tactician of Awakening, and could become the main tactician of a combined intergame crossover army, so I think he is very likely. Also, based on how Samurai Warriors chronicles implemented it's customizable character i.e. being mostly silent in terms of dialogue, I don't think he will be a customizable Avatar for this game.)
  3. Basilio (He is somewhat important to the story of Awakening, and I could see him make it into the base game, though I think he'll be an NPC at the start. He would only make it to base game if there's more than 15 characters.)
  4. Lucina (She'll probably make it in because Awakening is one of the focus games.)

Archanea

1. Marth (The most iconic Lord. He'll be a shoe-in.)
  2. Caeda (Probably the most iconic Pegasus Knight.)
  3. Tiki (The most iconic Manakete. Might cross-reference both the Archanea games and Awakening, like Impa and Sheik did with Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time respectively, in which case she'll likely be using her Awakening design.)

Fates

1. Corrin (The main character of Fates. Will also probably be his own character for this game like Robin, for much the same reasons.)
  2. Xander (The main leader of the Nohr side.)
  3. Ryoma (The main leader of the Hoshido side.)
  4. Azura (May or may not be playable at base. She's probably more likely than some of the others that are only in the probable range.)
  5. Odin (I think Odin might be the heroic dark magic character + it'll be a way to technically play as Owain in this game without him infringing on Ryoma's niché + maybe have some references to Awakening as well. That said, he's probably not guaranteed, and he might appear as word-wielding Owain anyways.)
  6. Leo (A mounted spellcaster could be much fun to play with, and Leo is probably one of the most popular royal siblings in the game. That said, I don't fancy his chances. Could work as the tactician on Fates's side, and definitely on the Nohr side.)
  7. Takumi (See Leo, but replace "mounted spellcaster" with archer.)

Gaiden (May not be in the base game, in which case I'll expect a DLC focused on Gaiden to happen at some point with Echoes references too.)

1. Alm (The strong champion of the two.)
  2. Celica (The tactician of the two.)

Villains (Might be NPCs at first, then become playable through an update or DLC)

1. Gangrel (Chosen because, as an antagonist, he becomes a very personal foe to Chrom. And because of that, I think he's at least very plausible as a unique NPC officer on equal strength to the playable characters who could get upgraded latter on.)
  2. Grima (Chosen because, as an antagonist, he and Validar has a very specific tie to Robin, and also because he could be the main villain of the story, given that Awakening seems to be one of the focus games. Could be a counterpart to Robin, and despite looking exactly the same as him, Grima could have a different moveset from Robin that makes use of his dark powers. A unique NPC officer on equal strength to the playable characters who could get upgraded latter on seems very plausible. Also, in addition to the connection to Robin, I think he could also work as a personal antagonist to Lucina.)
  3. Garon (Chosen because he is the visible main antagonist for Fates, and I don't think we're going to see Anankos for this game. It's highly likely that he'll be an NPC officer, and he might possibly even be two: One where he fights like a human, and one where he fights like the transformed monster that he actually is. His playable version could even combine the two into one where he mainly looks like his human form, but could transform his limbs or himself into his true slime form for certain attacks. I think he's unlikely to be playable from the start, but perhaps latter on.)
  4. Hardin (Chosen because this guy practically founded the Emperor brand of antagonists. With Gradivus, he could very well become the Lu Bu Expy of the game. Will also probably become playable with an upgrade if he starts as a unique NPC character.)
  5. Walhart (Much like the rest here, he's a contender for a possible unique NP villain upgraded to playable. He could also be the Lu Bu Expy, just with a gigantic throwing axe instead of a lance.)

Other (Might not happen)

1. Customizable Avatar (Might happen. But is also not set in stone.)
  2. Anna (Might be playable at base. If not, she'll be an NPC instead who will likely be upgraded to playable through DLC.)
  3. A Jagen character (Either Frederick from Awakening, Gunter from Fates, or Jagen himself from Archanea. Personally, I hope it's Gunter. Jagen could also work as the tactician on Marth's side. Then again, Gunter technically could do that on Corrin's side... gah!)
  4. A character from the abovementioned games that isn't really a main character (haracters like Tharja, Cordelia, Oboro, Niles... you get what I mean.)

DLC

Most of these characters will hail from games other than the ones I have on the base game list, since I think they'd try to keep those as DLC characters who might get expanded upon in a sequel or expansion to this game. They would come in packs that would include them among other goodies:

1. Sigurd
  2. Seliph
  3. Arvis
  4. Leif
  5. Roy
  6. Lilina
  7. Eliwood
  8. Hector
  9. Lyn
  10. Eirika
  11. Ephraim
  12. Ike
  13. Black Knight
  14. Micaiah

Those saying Shadows of Valentia should lock in Alm and Celica, I do agree to an extent, but it still remains to be seen if they'll be in the base game or DLC. And I'm still leaning towards DLC because I doubt Koei knew SoV was in development when choosing the base roster.

Yeah, but let's not forget the decision to put in Roy over Leif in Smash Bros. Melee, or that Pokemon X/Y was still in development when Greninja was put in. I'd bet someone at Koei knew about SoV, and since SoV comes out in May whereas Warriors doesn't come out until the fall...there's plenty of time to add characters.

Yeah. They specifically left requested characters from ALBW like Yuga out during Hyrule Warriors's initial release and DLC because it was too early for them, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Folt