FE Warriors roster predictions

Florete

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal choices (includes FE 13-14 poll characters that are not clearly confirmed):

2 original FE warriors characters

FE 1/3/11/12:

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Navarre

Draug

Cain/Abel

Ogma

Emperor Hardin 

Gharnef

FE 2/15:

Alm (DLC)

Celica (DLC)

FE 13:

Chrom

Lissa

Robin (default male female skin)

Lucina

Frederick

Tharja

Gaius

Cordelia (all 3 have their Fates version as outfits)

Owain (Odin persona can be his Special)

Severa (can switch to her "Selena" outfit)

Inigo (can switch to his "Laslow" outfit)

FE 14:

Corrin (male default female skin)

Azura

Xander

Ryoma

Camilla

Hinoka

Takumi

Leo

Oboro (DLC)

Nina (DLC)

Ophelia (DLC)

Forrest (DLC)

Dwyer (DLC)

Of games either in DLC packs or not:

Ike, Black Knight, Micaiah, Roy, Lilina, Zephiel, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Sigurd, Seliph, Julia, Leif, Nanna, Eirika, Ephraim, Lyon, Seth

Some of these MIGHT be in the game and also have to know how big the roster will be.

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

I don't think there will be a large number of characters, probably a little bit more than Hyrule Warriors. Chrom, Avatar from Fates, Xander, Ryoma, and Marth will all probably be in the game since their swords were in the beginning. I think Chrom is the only one confirmed.

30 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm mostly expecting main (mostly protagonist) characters... And probably not even all of them at that.

Unlikely, but hopefully we'll get the Black Knight.. Wouldn't that be cool?

Same here. I just don't see this game having a large cast, even before the confirmation of a 3DS version.

Okay so I have a combination of what I think is Possible and what I personally would like to see

FE 1/3/11/12

Marth,Caeda/Shiida,Ogma,Navarre,Tiki, Minerva?

FE 2

Alm,Celica

FE 4/5

Seliph,Leif,Sigurd

FE 6

Roy,Lilina

FE 7

Lyn,Hector,Eliwood

FE 8

Amelia,Eirika,Ephraim

FE 9/10

Ike

Micaiah,Elincia,Nephenee

FE 13

Chrom (confirmed),Lucina,Cordelia,Tharja?,Severa

FE 14

Ryoma,Xander,Takumi,Leo,Kaze

SMT # FE?

Tsubasa,Oribe

Villians

Arvis, Medeus (as a giant boss maybe IDK) Nergal, Lyon, Ashnard, Black Knight, Gangrel, Walhart, Validar, Garon, Anankos.

Now this is purely speculation of course, I think most of the roster will be lords and a few fan favorite characters. While I have only played Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon. Awakening, and Fates. I have at least seen (or played parts of through romming) Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and New Mystery. I personally think the roster will be maybe about Hyrule Warriors Legends size before (if any) dlc, and typically variety would be top priority in a roster like this. Normally I wouldn't include so many sword users, but Koei Tecmo did do Gundam warriors, which had 50 or so characters that all played differently and true to their design, so possibly we could have a roster that size.

Edited by LucarioGamer812
forgot to include a few things

My predictions/wishlist/somewhat realistic expectations.

Awakening

Chrom

Frederick

Lissa

Lon'qu

Olivia

Tharja

Virion, Cherche or Cordelia

Fates

Corrin (Male and Female)

Xander

Ryoma

Takumi

Leo

Camilla

Hinoka

Elise

Sakura

Azura

Shadow Dragon

Marth

Sheeda

Tiki

DLC season pass/amiibo character unlocks

Alm (amiibo)

Celica (amiibo)

Ike (amiibo)

Lucina (amiibo)

Robin (amiibo)

Roy (amiibo)

Inigo (DLC season pass)

Owain (DLC season pass)

Severa (DLC season pass)

Anna (DLC season pass)

Similar to Hyrule Warriors I expect the finished roster to be around 30 to 35 characters. For some of my picks I am expecting a parent/child mechanic to unlock characters and give stat boosts during missions/challenge.

I'd rather the Amiibo unlock extra weapons for their respective characters like the Link Amiibo did for Link (it added the Spinner for him). Ike could get his Regal Sword from PoR or something (or maybe Urvan, depending on what's already in the game for him), Lucina could get a bow or lance, Roy could probably get a lance even though he's not been known to use them since his dad can use them), Robin could get a special tome or sword, Marth, Celica, and Alm...I dunno, but I'm sure something could be figured out.

Edited by Anacybele

I think the Marth and Corrin amiibo will unlock special weapons. However, I think it would be really difficult to ask people to spend $25 to $30 on the Alm and Celica figures and not have any real use for them other than weapon and costume unlocks. Especially, when those characters are unknown outside of Japan.

As for the others, I can see Lucina and Robin being saved for later, but in the base game they could be enemy characters using their "Marth" and Grima personas.

It would be something if KT were to randomly add in DOA characters like Kasumi and Ayane or Ninja Gaiden characters like Ryu just because of ninja characters in Fire Emblem.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Barst, Cord, Bord, Ymir, Johalva, Dagdar, Marty, Lott, Ward, Dorcas, Bartre, Geitz, Garcia, Ross, Boyd, Nolan, Vaike, Basilio, Arthur, Charlotte.

Why? Because Fire Emblem Warriors.

Boy I sure hope nobody's made this joke yet.

Well Hyrule Warriors (Legends) has 25 characters in the base game and an additional 4 as dlc. Given that it is a conglomerate of the original wiiU version and all dlc (if im not mistaken) and using it as a benchmark for Fire Emblem Warriors, I would estimate probably around 20 characters in the base game and up to an additional 10 of dlc. Probably prioritizing ShadowDragon, Awakening, Fates, in the starting roster, with Alm and Celica additionally since they're getting a remake, and three sets of dlc containing the major characters from other games (Genealogy set, Radiant set, Blazing Set). Guaranteed Anna the merchant. 

Made an account to share my predictions. 

Base Game

1. Marth

2. Anna

3. Tiki

4. Alm

5. Celica

6. Roy

7. Lyn

9. Ike

10. Chrom

11. M!Robin

12. Cordelia 

13. Tharja

14. Lucina

15. F!Corrin

16. Azura

17. Ryoma

18. Xander

19. Camilia

20. Takumi

DLC

I think we will, at the least, see the rest of the lords (Seliph (maybe), Leif(maybe), Ephraim/Eirika, Micaiah, and Hector/Eliwood), more fan favorites and some villains like the Black Knight or Gangrel/Validar. 

My current prediction

Spoiler

Base Game:

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Gharnef

Roy

Lilina

Lyn

Hector

Nergal

Ike

Micaiah

Sothe

Elincia

Black Knight

Chrom

Robin

Lucina

Gangrel

Corrin

Azura

Ryoma

Takumi

Xander

Leo

Camilla

Garon

Original Protagonist

Original Antagonist

DLC:

Anna

Alm

Celica

Sigurd

Arvis

Seliph

Leif

Eirika

Ephraim

Lyon

Predictions...

• Marth
  • Tiki (Original or Awakening incarnation)
  • Draug (for choking points)
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Roy
  • Lyn
  • Ike
  • Chrom
  • Tharja (unfortunately...)
  • Guy Ass
  • Cordless Delia
  • Robin (male default, female alt)
  • Lucina
  • Corrin (female default, male alt)
  • Xander
  • Ryoma
  • Camilla
  • Takumi
  • Anna

This isn't my wishlist, just my predictions. If it were my wishlist then Haitaka would be on it obviously, as would Beruka and Permanently-On-Fire Sigurd.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Making a separate playable roster prediction: This one assumes that the five weapons shown have their wielders lead their own faction:

Chrom's Faction:

1. Chrom (Leader)
  2. Robin (He'd be a shoe-in as the strategist and advisor to the leader of this faction)
  3. Lucina (She could be one of the notably stronger warriors of this faction)

Marth's Faction:

1. Marth (Leader)
  2. Caeda (Could work as Marth's advisor and strategist or as one of the notable warriors in this faction, depending on the choice below)
  3. Jagen or Tiki (Jagen could possibly be the advisor and strategist instead of Caeda, while Tiki could be one of the notable warriors of this faction)

Hoshido Faction:

1. Ryoma (Leader)
  2. Takumi (I could see him or Hinoka fill the roles of a notable strong warrior and a strategist, but I'm unsure which role should go to which)
  3. Hinoka (See Takumi)

Nohr Faction:

1. Xander (Leader)
  2. Leo (He's basically gonna be the strategist of this faction)
  3. Camilla (Meanwhile, big sis would fill the role as one of the notably stronger warriors of this faction)

Corrin's Faction:

1. Corrin (Leader, he'd also be the strongest and most notable warrior of this faction)
  2. Azura (She could work as the faction's strategist and advisor, or she may just be a supporting unit of this faction)
  3. One of these characters: Felicia, Jakob, or Gunter (Much like Azura, they could be the faction's strategist and advisor, or work as a supporting unit of this faction)

Other possibilities, if FE Warriors get more than the usual number of characters in it's first installment:

1. Tiki (if not part of Marth's faction, she could be a recruitable member for Marth's and Chrom's factions)
  2. Owain/Odin (could be part of Chrom's or Nohr's factions, or recruitable for both, and in general I think he has the most potential for a unique moveset and fun interactions between the characters out of him and the other two characters who crossed over into Fates from Awakening.)
  3. Lissa, Frederick, Gaius, or Tharja (The former two could fill out Chrom's faction, the latter two could be part of an independent enemy faction that can be recruited)
  4. Kaze (He could fill out Hoshido or Corrin's faction)
  5. A villain or more from Awakening, the Archanea games, or Fates, that would act independently of the five factions, or alternatively would be the leader of one of these factions while hiding their true goals. These would also be probable characters to have as unique NPCs that coud get upgraded to playable latter on (the highest possibilities: Hardin, Gharnef, Gangrel, Walhart, Grima, and Garon)
Edited by Folt

8 hours ago, Folt said:
  • Corrin (Leader, he'd also be the strongest and most notable warrior of this faction)
  • Azura (She could work as the faction's strategist and advisor, or she may just be a supporting unit of this faction)
  • One of these characters: Felicia, Jakob, or Gunter (Much like Azura, they could be the faction's strategist and advisor, or work as a supporting unit of this faction)

No Kaze? He's the most popular ninja, and could easily make for a unique playable character. I'm actually pretty certain of his inclusion.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

No Kaze? He's the most popular ninja, and could easily make for a unique playable character. I'm actually pretty certain of his inclusion.

He could actually. I'll add him to the other possibilities list.

Ideas here

• FE1/3/11/12: Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Ogma, Navarre, Tiki
  • FE2: Alm, Celica (DLC)
  • FE4/5: Seliph, Leif (DLC)
  • FE6: Roy, Lilina (DLC)
  • FE7: Lyn, Eliwood, Hector (DLC)
  • FE8: Eirika, Ephraim (DLC)
  • FE9/10: Ike, Micaiah, Elincia (DLC)
  • FE13: Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Lucina, Gaius, Cordelia, Tharja, Owain, Severa, Inigo
  • FE14: Corrin, Azura, Xander, Ryoma, Leo, Takumi, Hinoka, Camilla, Elise, Sakura

Total Characters: 30

7 hours ago, Ema Skye said:

Ideas here

• FE1/3/11/12: Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Ogma, Navarre, Tiki
  • FE2: Alm, Celica (DLC)
  • FE4/5: Seliph, Leif (DLC)
  • FE6: Roy, Lilina (DLC)
  • FE7: Lyn, Eliwood, Hector (DLC)
  • FE8: Eirika, Ephraim (DLC)
  • FE9/10: Ike, Micaiah, Elincia (DLC)
  • FE13: Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Lucina, Gaius, Cordelia, Tharja, Owain, Severa, Inigo
  • FE14: Corrin, Azura, Xander, Ryoma, Leo, Takumi, Hinoka, Camilla, Elise, Sakura

Total Characters: 30

I'd add Robin, Anna and 2 original characters then perfect.

Edited by OpheliaNohrPrincess

Spoiler

FE1/3/11/12: Marth, Caeda, Navarre, Tiki (probably will be younger, cute version instead of FE13), Gharnef

- Medeus I see as being a story specific boss that is never playable, or as a giant boss you can encounter often since fighting dragons is awesome, and there aren't very many of those in the series that are both named and bad guys. Dark emperor Hardin might encroach on the potential inclusion of Zephiel and the Black Knight.

FE2/15: Alm and Celica

- Echoes is out several months before Warriors, so I see no need to relegate this to DLC when they're the most recent protagonists upon release.

Geneology/Thraccia post release DLC: Sigurd, Leif, Alvis

- With no SNES characters making the top 40 for Heroes, it's clear these characters are the least well known/liked by modern audiences, so they wouldn't spend resources on content from these games if it doesn't help sell it.

FE6/7: Roy, Lilina, Hector, Lyn, Zephiel

- I would love to see Nergal as the villain, but besides the possibility of summoning morphs as a neat mechanic, he's just another dark mage. And I see Gharnef or Tharja more likely as the Dark Mage playable character. Same with not including Sophia as well. Zephiel's design would only conflict with the inclusion of Hardin and the Black Knight of FE9/10. Lilina makes sense in my head both because of relation to Hector and Roy and Fire Emblem being a series light on prominent mage characters.

FE8 post release DLC: Eirika, Ephraim

- I see this as another entry to skip for later due to low recognition and because it's a self contained game with no prequels or sequels. Picking other characters out is also sort of difficult. Seth is not the most liked paladin, Joshua not the most well liked myrmidon, Tana for pegasus knights, Innes for archer, Myrrh for cute little girl manakete, etc. And Lyon is yet another samey dark mage villain. Demon King could make for an excellent boss however if the DLC included a story campaign.

FE9/10: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Ashnard

- I think the laguz would also show up as a different flavor of army, as opposed to having a playable laguz. None of the kings are that essential to the plot of the games individually, and even Lethe as a catgirl fanservice archetype seems too far fetched. Sothe I would like to see as a representation of thieves. Mist feels like a given if they've got any bright ideas for healers as playable characters. I certainly don't. Without healing, I can think of many more deserving characters using a sword and riding a horse. Black Knight would be really cool as a counterpoint villain for Ike, but that conflicts with zephiel's and Hardin's inclusion based on giant dude in armor wielding a massive weapon

FE13: Chrom, Robin(Male and female toggle), Tharja, Aversa. 

- Not a fan of Tharja, but I think she and Gharnef are the most likely candidates for recognizable dark mages. Aversa I would love to see as the villain because of dark flier class being so unique.

FE14: Corrin (Male and female toggle), Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, Camilla

- All 10 of the royals seem probable, but that would be over representation. I like takumi for being not only a prominent archer character central to the plot, but being the best damn archer in the series. Camilla's reputation (good and bad) is notable on its own, and you need a wyvern rider. I don't think her playstyle would tread too much if they included ashnard, and she's definitely a more well known character than minerva. Fates is pretty light on villains. Anankos can make for a great setpiece battle, Hans could probably work as a playable joke villain. Him or Roro of FE3/12 would represent berserkers well. And vallite soldiers can be an easy to make flavor of army on the battlefield with faceless captains. Stoneborn as well would be fun to encounter.

FE Heroes: representation of a mobile game seems unlikely, but the guy in a hood with two guns seems immediately too unique not to consider.

Without even trying I ended up with an even 25 characters in the base game with five coming from two DLC packages, which seems like a good number. I imagine villain characters would be unlockable through a seperate challenge based mode. I'm probably being too optimistic about them representing every game like this, but this is my mix of personal and logical roster.

Edited by Gustavos

Honestly, considering the Teaser and Hyrule Warriors, I think the game may only feature three entries (HW: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, FEW: Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, Fates), I think we may very well see these characters, based mostly on their popularity..

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem*
- Marth
- Caeda/Sheeda
- Tiki (Unless Awakening Tiki is used instead)

Awakening
- Chrom (Confirmed..so safe 'prediction')
- Lucina
- Tharja
- Cordelia
- Tiki (Unless Shadow Dragon/MotE Tiki is used instead)

Fates
- Corrin (hoping for female or both male & female options like Smash)
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Camilla

Hoping to see Included by Default or Expect as DLC
- Lyn (Blazing Sword)
- Hector (Blazing Sword)
- Eirika (Sacred Stones)
- Roy (Binding Blade)
- Ike (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)
- Micaiah (Radiant Dawn)

*Sorry, I don't know many of the characters in Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem

However, since so many characters call under a Class System in Fire Emblem and generally all attack the same in-game, I would love to see Tecmo Koei play off of that by having multiple characters placed under a 'Job Class', for example, you would level up and upgrade a Job Class rather then a character..something akin to this..
Select Character
- Pegasus Knight
-- Caeda/Sheeda
-- [Florina]
-- Cordelia
-- Hinoka
--- Play Level as Florina
---- Level Up Florina (Actually Levels Up 'Pegasus Knight')
Through this system, or something like it, Tecmo Koei could not only include more characters, and thus more fans have the possibility of seeing their favorite character(s) playable in-game, but it still fits with how the characters played in-game..some characters with their own abilities and differences (such as various Lords) would have their own slots, but most non-Lord characters could have this system and still seem themselves. Naturally, every character in this system should have some unique animations that don't really affect gameplay (such as taunts, win poses, entrances, and idle stances) along with their own unique voice, quotes, names, and weapons (after all, we wouldn't expect Florina to act like Hinoka or vice versa). Such a system could easily allow us to have many more characters then even Hyrule Warriors had at the end of its life kinda similar to how Masahiro Sakurai said it took next to no time to make Lucina (along with Dark Pit & Dr. Mario) into her own character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U.
I am curious though, how many of you would be in favor of this 'expanded costume' style for characters so that we can have even more appear in-game?

6 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I am curious though, how many of you would be in favor of this 'expanded costume' style for characters so that we can have even more appear in-game?

I was for it in Smash and I'd be for it here. In smash it only had the adverse side effect of adding to an already absurdly large roster for a competitive fighting game. Most players would have preferred the clone characters just be aesthetic skins just so they don't have to remember the small ways in which they are different.  For a warriors game that neither is PvP nor requires you to learn every character, it would be seen as just additional content. I wonder if there's some precedent for alternate skins passing as totally different characters in previous warriors games?

Aesthetic skins with newly dubbed lines with a new voice actor and a new animated taunt is still a ton of work to ask for. And no doubt fans would come around to being disappointed with these additions. "They made a Virion skin for Takumi but not Innes? Ugh" "Hinoka skin for Caeda before Elincia? Wow, just smh". I'm generally in favor of having characters representing Fire Emblem classes rather than just have a parade of Lords. Especially if this ends up being a warriors game in which you select multiple characters for a level and can switch between them freely. Fliers being able to get over obstacles but must steer clear of archers. Archers that can use ballistae to siege forts from afar. Paladins that escort NPC characters across the map for objectives. Thieves to loot chests. And lords who can seize the throne. I'm serious about that last one, just make it so you need a lord for each full scale level. As if any player will object to being forced to use their favorite lords.

14 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I was for it in Smash and I'd be for it here. In smash it only had the adverse side effect of adding to an already absurdly large roster for a competitive fighting game. Most players would have preferred the clone characters just be aesthetic skins just so they don't have to remember the small ways in which they are different.  For a warriors game that neither is PvP nor requires you to learn every character, it would be seen as just additional content. I wonder if there's some precedent for alternate skins passing as totally different characters in previous warriors games?

Aesthetic skins with newly dubbed lines with a new voice actor and a new animated taunt is still a ton of work to ask for. And no doubt fans would come around to being disappointed with these additions. "They made a Virion skin for Takumi but not Innes? Ugh" "Hinoka skin for Caeda before Elincia? Wow, just smh". I'm generally in favor of having characters representing Fire Emblem classes rather than just have a parade of Lords. Especially if this ends up being a warriors game in which you select multiple characters for a level and can switch between them freely. Fliers being able to get over obstacles but must steer clear of archers. Archers that can use ballistae to siege forts from afar. Paladins that escort NPC characters across the map for objectives. Thieves to loot chests. And lords who can seize the throne. I'm serious about that last one, just make it so you need a lord for each full scale level. As if any player will object to being forced to use their favorite lords.

Most of what I saw in Smash was people complaining that Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario 'could have been' insert character here..which will honestly always happen. I mean, most professional players don't mind differences but kinda like 'em, like they do with Ryu and Ken.

To be fair, we'll be seeing that issue regardless..I mean, how often have we seen it pop up in games like Super Smash Bros. or other companies' crossovers like Marvel vs Capcom. I can understand people disappointed in so-and-so character being chosen over another, but I always try to keep in mind that every character has fans. For example, I don't care about Ruto nor Darunia (I wanted Saria & Nabooru) nor do I care about Yuga or Ravio (I love Hilda, a fav of mine), but I know those characters do have fans that were ecstatic to see them appear in Hyrule Warriors.

I have little doubt that I'll at least see some of my favorites like Tharja, Camilla, Corrin (F), or Lyn, but if this system was implemented, I'd be more then happy to see Florina.

This system could even apply to some lords..I mean, how different can Sigurd/Roy/Eliwood/Etc really be from Marth from a gameplay/moveset perspective?

23 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I can understand people disappointed in so-and-so character being chosen over another, but I always try to keep in mind that every character has fans. For example, I don't care about Ruto nor Darunia (I wanted Saria & Nabooru) nor do I care about Yuga or Ravio (I love Hilda, a fav of mine), but I know those characters do have fans that were ecstatic to see them appear in Hyrule Warriors.

Ah yes, Darunia and Ravio fan right here. I didn't really care much for Yuga, but he proved to be one of my favorites in Hyrule Warriors when I got to play him (helps that he's the first villain since Volga to not have a Darkness-based weapon, as well as the first character since Sheik and Lana to have a Lightning-elemental weapon as his main weapon).

Incidentally, as Lana took a few cues in regards to the Deku Tree in one of her weapons, Darunia and Ruto (and technically Sheik) were basically the uncontested shoe-ins from the OoT game. Ravio and Yuga probably made it in because they had bigger, safer, immediately realizable potential than Hilda had and could reuse material drops from characters that didn't already lend their drops to someone else (Young Link and Ganondorf respectively, the likeliest candidate for Hilda was already lending out her materials to Marin). That, and Hilda is the one character of the trio that I think was the most expendable in that most of what she could do could potentially be "borrowed" by either of the other two to an extent.

Spoiler

She's also the easiest to make references to in ways that highlights the relationship between the three: Ravio's Nice Hammer has Hilda's Staff as it's handle instead of the actual ALBW Nice Hammer handle while Yuga's Demon King Frame has the dark vines she uses snaking around the picture frame that he used to seal her into after his betrayal.

Still, Groose never made it in which was a shame, but at least the game has a pretty solid list of characters that appeal to the majority of Zelda fans.