FE Warriors roster predictions

Florete

3 hours ago, Falcom said:

I would say Xander and Ryoma  (which odd since I'm including Takumi and Camilla), but I'm having my doubts.

Uh... Did you NOT see their swords in the teaser trailer? Why would they show Raijinto and Siegfried and not include their wielders as playable characters?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Saying Tharja has a better chance than Lucina...

It was a joke (and a lame one at that) but okay.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh... Did you NOT see their swords in the teaser trailer? Why would they show Raijinto and Siegfried and not include their wielders as playable characters?

I didn't really catch much of that. I think my friends and I were fooling around while watching the livestream. XD

Good to know though.

Just now, Falcom said:

I didn't really catch much of that. I think my friends and I were fooling around while watching the livestream. XD

Good to know though.

Oh, okay, because I was like, how could anyone miss those if they watched the teaser? lol

On 05/28/17 at 8:26 PM, Anacybele said:

It's a fake-out. We'll get Shiro and Siegbert.

So with this new information I am going to take a new guess. For those who dont know, the game will mostly consist of Shadow Dragon, Fates, Awakening characters. Mostly.

Shadow Dragon: Dont know many characters here. Marth, Palla, Est, Catria, Camus, Minerva. Other than that not sure, maybe that creepy demon dude wearing a mask. he is kind of cool.

Awakening: Obvious ones first. Chrom, Robin, Tharja. Followed by Gaius (rogue rep), Frederick, Cordelia, Lissa.

2nd Gen: Lucina, Inigo, Owain, Severa with Laslow, Odin, and Selena alt costumes. Gerome, Noire, and Morgan.

Fates: Corrin, Xander, Leo, Camilla, Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, and Azura. Out of the retainers Oboro, Hinata, Kaze, Beruka, Silas, Jakob, Felicia, Niles.

Misc: Ike and Roy for Smash. Lyn and Hector for popularity poll. Alm and Celica for SoV releasing the same year.

I think costumes can fill in for a few other characters. Things like Saizo alt for Kaze, or Stahl alt for Frederick.

Also making some updated predictions based off the new information that characters are likely limited to Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. Honestly though, this is mostly just repeating what I said for the three titles that are represented...

This time, I am trying to limit myself to 20 characters, trying for about 5 per title. Although, I have a feeling that the roster may be expanded a little compared to Hyrule Warriors, maybe up to 25, but no more than 30.

Original Post Link - for reference

Sire's Predictions
1 & 2: Original Twin Swords - We have confirmation on two original characters that are twins and wield swords. They may or may not be avatar-like characters.
3: Original Villain - We still need a bad guy somewhere in there.
4 & 5: Original Something - Either Allies or Enemies, I do not know which.

6: Marth - Confirmed in Famitsu. I still think he will likely be a fencing-type character.
7: Tiki -  I still imagine Tiki will likely end up like Minda in Hyrule Warriors, having two different forms (Shadow Dragon and Awakening). At the very least, I'm personally hoping for the Awakening version to appear, preferably in the base game and not DLC, but I have a feeling Young!Tiki will take priority...
8:Camus - Who better to represent the Camus archetype than Camus himself? Also, since mounted characters are confirmed to be in, Camus could very well serve be a lance user on horseback. Also, I'm expecting Camus to be the Lu Bu, unless Walhart makes it in (and I prefer Walhart).
9: Gharnef - The Dark Magic villain guy. Whether there will be more to him besides dark magic villainy remains to be seen.
10: Caeda - To serve as a supporting character to Marth as well as represent fliers. Thing is, I see Caeda being more of a glorified mounted unit instead of a proper flier, but Pegasus Knight representation is nice.

11: Chrom - He's still in. I mean why should he show up in a trailer and then just disappear?
12. Male Robin - I still think Male Robin is practically the Canon Robin, with the female version acting as a glorified costume. It helps he can serve as a tactician character among a cast of mostly nobles. Also, he has potential story-wise...
13. Lucina - It is Lucina, who is extremely popular and can easily do the classic Lucina / Marth thing.
14: Tharja - If Tharja is not in this just for the fanservice, then something is wrong here. I can live without her appearance, though (give me Cordelia instead! :D)
15: Gangrel - I personally rather have Gangrel than Validar, but I see them going Validar if they are going to use Grima. Aversa can stay a generic. Gangrel is unique as he combines his Levin Sword with his trickery.
B: Walhart - To serve as the true Lu Bu and act as a mounted axe user.

16: Female Corrin - seems to be getting most of the spotlight (So Conquest is canon folks! You heard it here first!...), so I think she will be used as Fate's Avatar representation. She will be unique by combining her swordplay with her Dragonstone. // Her male counterpart can be done as a glorified costume, and the reason I make Corrin female is because I see Robin being a male.
17: Xander - I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He will likely fight as a "mounted juggernaut."
18: Ryoma I believe his sword was shown in the trailer. He can serve as the "Fast Swordsman" type character.
19: Takumi - Serves as the main Archer hero.  He's an iconic Archer lord, and who else can be blame if Takumi is not in Warriors?
20: Camilla - Sex sells, and Camilla has plenty of assets to go around. More of less I expect her inclusion to be the same as Tharja's, but it helps Camilla is a Fates royal and can serve as a Wyvern Flier who combines axes with magic.
B: Azura - She can sing "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" by all by herself, but she is fairly important to Fate's plot, so I can't imagine Warriors leaving out Azura. Also, Diaochan with a spear? Anyone? No?

NPC / Boss
Medeus - The likely final villain for Shadow Dragon. I am wondering if he will show up as a boss similar in the fashion to Hyrule Warriors or even be playable as a Manakete version.
Grima - I'm still hoping for Grima to show up, either as a stage for the awesome factor or as an alternative moveset for a certain character. Also, story potential!
Garon - Not my personal favorite, but considering his antagonist role in Fates, his role playing Fate's FEW villain is high. A part of my hopes they play around with Garon more to make his story more awesome instead of what we got in Fates, but I doubt that... (Redeemed Garon? Please?)
Anakos - Apparently he already has the power to mess around with dimensions, so he may play a role in the story. Personally, I rather have Grima since he is more awesome, and has more story potential instead of boring Anakos. Besides, I mostly see him serving as an NPC role unless they make big bosses a thing in FEW.

DLC
Ike - Ike is a fan favorite, he has to make it in through DLC unless he sneaks into the vanilla game.
Roy - Roy is the boy of many, although I personally don't care much for him. Still, DLC potential!
Alm & Celica - Based off the new release of Shadows of Valentia, having them make an appearance would be welcoming.
Main Lords of previous titles - Erika, Ephraim, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, etc. // Personally hoping for Erika and Ephraim, although seeing Hector would be cool too. Now if we can add Villains to the list, seeing Lyon would be pretty neat...

Edited by Sire

So...  I see we might be back to the drawing board on this one.  Since the news has... sort of renewed my interest, I'll take another shot at this.  Here is a list of characters I think are likely to be seen, sorted by game.  I won't include major antagonists since they're assumed to be in automatically and few in numbers anyway.

Archanea: Marth, Caeda, Camus, Minverva, Ogma, Whitewings (maybe), Merrick, Tiki, and possibly Eine and Nyna

'Wakening: Chrom, Robin, Rhajat (sorry), Lucina, Frederick, Caeldori (again, sorry), Asugi (I have a problem), "the trio" (you know them well, they're finally- nvm), and possibly Sumia and Lissa

Fates: Royals (grand total of ten, Jesus Christ, though some less popular ones like the Hoshidan sisters might not make the cut), Kaze, 'Boro, the servants (minus Flora ;_; ), Nile River, and... that's it, I guess

So what, my predictions go to roughly... about 40.  Though I think some, especially about half the Fates royals, are less likely.  It's more or less a rough estimate of characters I think have a good chance of getting in; I'm not expecting every single one of these to get in.  Though please let me be right about cutting some Fates royals to make room for some actually good Fates characters.

41 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

... maybe that creepy demon dude wearing a mask. he is kind of cool.

That's Roro/Legion, at least if you're talking about the man I think you are (green mask and orange armor, right?).  He was one of the new, side antagonists introduced in New Mystery of the Emblem.  Not really too sure if he's likely...  Though I guess he could show up as an unplayable enemy.  Or even possibly as a generic, since he has clones.

21 minutes ago, Sire said:

(So Conquest is canon folks! You heard it here first!...)

If they make this official and un-canonize the other paths, I'll eat my shoe.

Just now, Ertrick36 said:

That's Roro/Legion, at least if you're talking about the man I think you are (green mask and orange armor, right?).  He was one of the new, side antagonists introduced in New Mystery of the Emblem.  Not really too sure if he's likely...  Though I guess he could show up as an unplayable enemy.  Or even possibly as a generic, since he has clones.

If they make this official and un-canonize the other paths, I'll eat my shoe.

I only named him because I recognize him, lol. Like I said, I know barely anything about Marth era and its remakes. I never played them, nor really had all that much interest in them either.

43 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I only named him because I recognize him, lol. Like I said, I know barely anything about Marth era and its remakes. I never played them, nor really had all that much interest in them either.

Hey that's fine.  Most people outside of Japan haven't even played New Mystery, and Shadow Dragon doesn't necessarily have the best rep ever.  Your other choices were fairly safe bets for someone unfamiliar with Archanea.  Though Marth is fairly iconic, the Archanea games otherwise don't have all that many iconic characters.  Aside from the ones in my own list, you maybe also have Wrys and some characters who've started archetypes, such as Cain and Able, Jeigan, or Phina (first dancer).  But even then, they don't quite break the mold due to lacking supports for most of the games.  Except Wrys because he's a meme, I guess.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Hey that's fine.  Most people outside of Japan haven't even played New Mystery, and Shadow Dragon doesn't necessarily have the best rep ever.  Your other choices were fairly safe bets for someone unfamiliar with Archanea.  Though Marth is fairly iconic, the Archanea games otherwise don't have all that many iconic characters.  Aside from the ones in my own list, you maybe also have Wrys and some characters who've started archetypes, such as Cain and Able, Jeigan, or Phina (first dancer).  But even then, they don't quite break the mold due to lacking supports for most of the games.  Except Wrys because he's a meme, I guess.

I may play an emulator of 3 if I can find a good version of it. Its interested me for a while, figure as a fan of the series I should know of at least a bit of Marth and his games, kind of like how if you are a Trekkie you should at least watch a few episodes of TOS and some of the first few movies.

Cool! Let's update our predictions with the new tidbits of info:

Archanea:

1. Marth - Falchion

2. Caeda - Wing Spear

3. Tiki - Dragon Breath

4. Astram - Mercurius

5. Minerva - Hauteclere

6. Camus - Gradivus

7. Jeorge - Parthia

8. Merric - Excalibur

9. Linde - Aura

10. Gotoh - Starlight

I think Gharnef and Medeus would be final bosses

Ylisse:

1. Chrom - Exalted Falchion

2. Lucina - Parallel Falchion

3. Robin - Thoron

4. Lissa - Staff

5. Frederick - Silver Lance

6. Virion - Silver Bow

7. Lon'qu - Killing Edge

8. Tharja - Nosferatu

9. Anna - ?

Validar, Gangrel, Aversa and Walhart would be bosses or some would be playable.

Fates:

1. Corrin - Yato/Dragonstone

2. Azura - Blessed Lance

3. Xander - Siegfried

4. Camilla - Silver Axe

5. Leo - Brynhildr

6. Elise - Staff

7. Ryoma - Raijinto

8. Hinoka - Silver Naginata

9. Takumi - Fujin Yumo

10. Sakura - Rod

11. Kaze - Shuriken

12. Selena - Silver Bow (mounted)

13. Odin - Mystletainn (tome)

14. Laslow - Brave Sword

Iago, Hans, Garon and whatnot can also be found as enemy bosses.

Idk if this size of roster is big or what, but I think this might do so far.

Other DLC might include Alm/Celica, Seliph/Julia/Sigurd/Leif, Roy/Lilina/Cecilia, Eliwood/Lyn/Hector/Ninian and so on.

Healers can fight with their staves or other assorted mumbo-jumbo. Of course, I'm basing this off my experience with characters in DW that can heal others. One of which was my main for a long time.

EDIT: You know how generics usually "struggle"? well, I imagine you can use your healer(or send one) to said struggling ally and they'll heal them(if you send them, I like to picture it being either instant %, or gradual heal)

Edited by Soledai

Now that we know we'l be working with the worst case scenario my roster would look a bit like this.

Archenea

Marth: Because's he's Marth. He's already been pretty much confirmed anyhow

Ceada: Both Marth love interest and a pegasus rider to help fill that niche in the roster

Merric: He could represent the classical anima mage character. Fates didn't really use that archtype to a great extend and Ricken isn't that popular so he's a logical choice.

Ogma and Navera: The originals of their respective archtype. Fates and Awakening didn't really have a representative of those and with the other better representatives needing to get lost they are the natural characters to fill those roles. 

Gharnef: The original dark mage actually has some solid moveset potential. When combining his shadow dragon and his original sprite you have the possibility of him shooting dark skulls at his opponent, summoning a dragon that fires dark energy beams at his opponents and if you give him some dark spells from the other games you got yourself a moveset. 

Tiki: I prefer her Awakening design but with Loli dragons strangely being a thing in this franchise her old design would be a better fit. 

Hardin: Hardin seems to be fairly popular character with a distinct personality and design. Being both a paladin and an emperor will help with his moveset and he's pretty much required since he's the only character that can carry the villain team at this point. 

Camus: The original Camus might make it in but he also might not. Xander leans so strongly on the Camus archtype that I can see only one of them making the cutt and I'm actually seeing Xander coming out on top in that situation. 

Medeus: I don't think Medeus will be a playable character but I can see him entering the game in the same manner as pig Garon did in Hyrule warriors. 

Ylisse

Chrom: He's already confirmed not to be an idle layabout this time.

Lucina: At this point its pretty much impossible for Lucina not to be in this game. She's incredibly popular and I'd say deservingly so. This will also give her a chance to geek out over the real Marth. It would be a shame to pass that up.

Robin: duh

Tharja: I think her popularity isn't as warranted as Lucina's but I think those girls are in the same boat. There is no way a character as popular as Tharja isn't going to make it in the game. Being able to use both dark magic and anima would help her moveset potential as well.

Inigo, Owain and Severa: Their popularity pretty much guarantees them a spot on the list. 

Lissa: She's popular, she's prominent in the story and being both a healer and an axe wielder gives her good moveset potential. Due to their similarities I think Lissa getting in will mean Elise will not.

Morgan and Morgan: This is more a personal hope of mine but the Morgans are very popular, very funny and could be included to represent the kids mechanic as a whole.

Gangrel and Walhard: They aren't great villains but their designs and movesets are distinct at the very least. They are also the best Awakening has to offer when it comes to villains. 

Fates

Corrin, Ryoma and Xander: Those three are practically confirmed already. 

Takumi: He's arguably the most popular character in Fates and can represent the archer class better then Gordin or Virion can.

Camilla: I can think of at least two reasons for Camilla getting into the game ;): Her popularity and ability to use magic also make her a more interesting candidate than Minerva when it comes to representing the wyvren riders.

Kaze: The ninja class will have its representation and Kaze is the most important of the bunch.

Azura: Got to have a dancer. She's also one of the main characters so that will secure her a spot.

Garon: Because lets be honest, what other villain does Fates have? Garon is many, many bad things but at least he's something. The same can't be said about a loser like Iago. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Garon: Because lets be honest, what other villain does Fates have? Garon is many, many bad things but at least he's something. The same can't be said about a loser like Iago. 

Also, in terms of gameplay, Garon could be very interesting to play as.

4 hours ago, Folt said:

Also, in terms of gameplay, Garon could be very interesting to play as.

How, isn't he just a generic axe man? Unless he turns into a weird slime monster for some of his attacks, I guess? I would rather have Batta or Gheb than Garon, I'm not even kidding.

Just now, Lord Raymond said:

How, isn't he just a generic axe man? Unless he turns into a weird slime monster for some of his attacks, I guess? I would rather have Batta or Gheb than Garon, I'm not even kidding.

That, and possibly part-transform into a slime for others. Not to mention some nods to his dragon form. Those aspects can make for a pretty cool moveset, unlike most others.

Assuming we get about 35 with 5 OCs I will split mine into 10 for each. I'm mainly doing it that way for simplicity sake though as I kind of doubt we'll get an even split and there are some that may end up being more than one. I will also be excluding villains for simplicity's sake.

Shadow Dragon-I've played it once so I know a little about it, but I'm no expert.

Marth: Already confirmed and an obvious choice.

Caeda: The premier pegasus knight, Marth's love interest, and has a unique weapon. I'd say she has a good shot.

Merric: The premier mage and a good candidate for the wind mage if each mage represents one element. Also, unique weapon.

Linde: Another unique weapon holder and a popular female mage.

Navarre: I think he might make it but I also think he suffers from stiff competition from Lon'qu.

Minerva: Yet another unique weapon as well as one of the most popular characters from her game.

A Whitewing: I don't know if we might get all of them or just one, but at least one whitewing seems likely. Probably Palla.

Cain/Abel: Again, I don't know if we'll get one or both, but surely at least one Christmas knight will make it.

Jagen: He is the first babysitter unit if not counting Frey from the remake.

Tiki: I don't know which version they'll go with or if they'll go with both, but some form of Tiki seems likely.

Awakening: Easily the one I have the most knowledge of.

Chrom: Already confirmed.

Lucina: Almost guaranteed as she is the second mascot of the series.

M!Robin: Seems highly likely and I say male since if Robin is in the story, then they need to pick one or the other and male Robin is more popular/used version.

Cordelia: Very popular pegasus knight. The main challenge is making her different from Caeda, but I think they can do it.

Frederick: Fairly relevant character who could be a slower mounted unit.

Tharja: As much as I don't want her, I'm not stupid.

Tiki: May be added in place of or in addition to young Tiki.

Lon'qu: Again, he may struggle against Navarre, but they could both be made unique. 

Olivia/Gaius: Olivia may be a bit of a stretch, but it may happen.

A kid: Not sure who, but one of the kids (I want Morgan). Severa, Owain, and Inigo seem unlikely due to their Fates counterparts.

Fates-I've never played it nor do I like it, but I'll try to do it justice.

F!Corrin: For some reason (I blame battle panties) female Corrin is much more popular than male Corrin.

Xander: His sword was shown.

Ryoma: Likewise.

Leo: Popular mounted mage and sibling (expect a lot of those).

Takumi: Memetastic archer...and sibling.

Camilla: Need I say more?

Hinoka: Now, I could see her struggling against Caeda and Cordelia, but she is a sibling and they love pushing them.

Elise/Sakura: Since they're healers and Lissa would probably have more priority over both of them, I could see only one or even none of them making the cut.

Azura: Seems highly likely given her prominence.

Insert retainer here: I honestly have no idea who else to put. Let's just say Arthur because he's funny.

12 hours ago, Folt said:

That, and possibly part-transform into a slime for others. Not to mention some nods to his dragon form. Those aspects can make for a pretty cool moveset, unlike most others.

Part-slime/part-dragon transformations for some of his attacks would certainly make him stand out and make for a cool moveset. 

37 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Part-slime/part-dragon transformations for some of his attacks would certainly make him stand out and make for a cool moveset. 

I can imagine him slapping people with goo hands.

I REALLY want to slap people with goo hands.

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Indeed. And cool movesets are awesome!