FE Warriors roster predictions

Florete

I guess I'll update my predictions given the new info. Excluding Marth and Chrom though, since we know they're in.

Fates:
Corrin (both)
Ryoma
Xander
Takumi
Leo
Azura
Elise
Hinoka
Sakura
Camilla
Rinkah/Charlotte/Arthur (for someone else that has an axe, though I can see two of three making it in)

Awakening:
Robin (both)
Frederick
Lissa
Lucina
Inigo/Owain/Severa (not all of them, too many swords, of course...)
Virion
Cordelia
Stahl (he can access axes through the Great Knight class)
Miriel/Ricken (or maybe both)
Tiki
Tharja

Archanea:
Caeda
Ogma
Minerva
Maria
Merric
Tiki
Jeorge (maybe?)
Whitewing Sisters (maybe)

Tellius:
Ike
Micaiah (big if)
Elincia (bigger if, but only because she can fly and heal as well as use a sword)

Magvel:
Ephraim

Elibe:
Lyn (she can also use bows)
Hector

Note, this list is including DLC too, but I can also see characters like Alm, Celica, Roy, and Eirika being DLC. Though for all we know, this'll be the whole base cast and even more characters will be added through DLC. I can see it going either way.

I'm not that familiar with Archanea though, so I might have missed a possible character or two. I also didn't do villains since I'm completely unsure there.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new info, I suspect we'll be getting around 25-35 characters, what with Hyrule Warriors having 19 in it's initial game, and FEW will have to have a significant lead over it to warrant it's huge roster being a point of interest for the first batch of info.

My assumptions are also based on the idea that Archanea/Ylisse/Fates are the base game, with other continent characters being dlc.

I think it's safe to assume that each game will try to have at least 1 unit of each proposed type (Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Magic, Horse, Flying, Dragon?, Armor?), with some overlap and stuff.

Since Chrom and Marth are confirmed, and Corrin, Ryoma, Xander and Lucina are pretty much guaranteed, they won't be included in this.

Archanea: Ogma (Sword), Barst (Axe), Gordin/Jeorge (Bow), Linde (Mage), Caeda/Minerva(Flier), Tiki (Dragon), Draug (Armor)

Ylisse: Lon'qu (Sword), Lissa/Vaike (Axe), Virion (Bow), Robin/Tharja (Mage) Frederick (Horse), Cordelia (Flier), Nowi (Dragon), Gaius (Dagger)

Fates: Azura (Lance), Takumi/Niles (Bow), Odin (Mage), Leo/Gunter (Horse), Hinoka/Camilla (Flier), Jakob/Felicia (Dagger), Effie (Armor)

Bosses (playable?): Camus (Horse), Gharnef (Mage), Hardin (Armor), Gangrel (Sword?), Walhart (Horse), Validar (Mage), Garon (Armor)

DLC: Sigurd (Horse), Roy (Sword), Ike (Sword), Lyn (Bow), Hector (Armor), Ephraim (Lance)

Obviously a few more than my proposed cast number, but I think the actual playable list will be comprised from the characters I've noted. We also could get skin change dlc, like Navarre for Lon'qu (or vice-versa).

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

With new info comes new predictions.

I tried to fill it out with at least some variety in the weapons (can't avoid most of them being sword users, though) as well as a villain from each era. I do think characters will be able to use multiple weapon types, though, as we've already seen Chrom throwing a javelin, so while characters may have a primary weapon type you won't be so restricted.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon
Marth (confirmed)
Caeda
Cain
Abel
Tiki
Linde
Minerva
Jeorge
Medeus

Awakening
Chrom (confirmed)
Robin (both)
Lucina
Frederick
Cordelia
Tharja
Gaius
Virion
Nowi
Aversa

Fates
Corrin (both)
Azura
Xander
Ryoma
Camilla
Takumi
Leo
Hinoka
Kagero
Laslow
Garon

Other
Shion (confirmed)
Lian (confirmed)
Those other two (confirmed)
Anna

DLC predictions will come later.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I'll update my predictions given the new info. Excluding Marth and Chrom though, since we know they're in.

Fates:
Corrin (both)
Ryoma
Xander
Takumi
Leo
Azura
Elise
Hinoka
Sakura
Camilla
Rinkah/Charlotte/Arthur (for someone else that has an axe, though I can see two of three making it in)

Awakening:
Frederick
Lissa
Lucina
Inigo/Owain/Severa (not all of them, too many swords, of course...)
Virion
Cordelia
Stahl (he can access axes through the Great Knight class)
Miriel/Ricken (or maybe both)
Tiki

Archanea:
Caeda
Ogma
Minerva
Maria
Merric
Tiki
Jeorge (maybe?)
Whitewing Sisters (maybe)

Tellius:
Ike
Micaiah (big if)
Elincia (bigger if, but only because she can fly and heal as well as use a sword)

Magvel:
Ephraim

Elibe:
Lyn (she can also use bows)
Hector

Note, this list is including DLC too, but I can also see characters like Alm, Celica, Roy, and Eirika being DLC. Though for all we know, this'll be the whole base cast and even more characters will be added through DLC. I can see it going either way.

I'm not that familiar with Archanea though, so I might have missed a possible character or two. I also didn't do villains since I'm completely unsure there.

I think Owain, Severa, and Inigo are going to end up being placed under Fates personally for their Selena, Odin, Laslow versions. They were more diverse unit wise there than Awakening where, like you said, they all use swords. That way they can make Owain a mage, Laslow a hero, and Selena a bow knight. That way you get magic, sword and axe, and sword and bow all filled under three characters rather than 3 swords.

Rest looks good though, definitely agree with most of it. Though we need a rogue type, so Gaius, Kaze/Saizo, or whatever SD rogues exist are likely. Hopefully the fact they want a more diverse weapon type means they will look at Fates and maybe Tellius for Rogues, since they were the games using daggers. Really hoping for Volke or Sothe, but I doubt it.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think Owain, Severa, and Inigo are going to end up being placed under Fates personally for their Selena, Odin, Laslow versions. They were more diverse unit wise there than Awakening where, like you said, they all use swords. That way they can make Owain a mage, Laslow a hero, and Selena a bow knight. That way you get magic, sword and axe, and sword and bow all filled under three characters rather than 3 swords.

Rest looks good though, definitely agree with most of it. Though we need a rogue type, so Gaius, Kaze/Saizo, or whatever SD rogues exist are likely. Hopefully the fact they want a more diverse weapon type means they will look at Fates and maybe Tellius for Rogues, since they were the games using daggers. Really hoping for Volke or Sothe, but I doubt it.

True, but in technicality, they are still originally Awakening characters which is why I grouped them as such. But you do have a point about Owain using magic in Fates as Odin. But Inigo/Laslow and Severa/Selena still use swords in both appearances.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the dagger wielders. Kaze would be my pick for that since I like him and Saizo is meh, but I can see either one being in.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but in technicality, they are still originally Awakening characters which is why I grouped them as such. But you do have a point about Owain using magic in Fates as Odin. But Inigo/Laslow and Severa/Selena still use swords in both appearances.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the dagger wielders. Kaze would be my pick for that since I like him and Saizo is meh, but I can see either one being in.

I think Kaze would be more likely, with a red outfit for a costume as an homage to Saizo. I would like to see Kagero as well, thought she was a cool character when not kidnapped and needed to be saved.

Sure they both still use swords, but they can be differentiated enough so that it isnt as big of a deal. Bow Knight Selena would have a completely different moveset, and focus on her bow, rather than Hero Laslow who would have more focus on his sword use.  Rather than both being Heroes and using Swords and Axes.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think Kaze would be more likely, with a red outfit for a costume as an homage to Saizo. I would like to see Kagero as well, thought she was a cool character when not kidnapped and needed to be saved.

Sure they both still use swords, but they can be differentiated enough so that it isnt as big of a deal. Bow Knight Selena would have a completely different moveset, and focus on her bow, rather than Hero Laslow who would have more focus on his sword use.  Rather than both being Heroes and using Swords and Axes.

True that, it's also the secondary reason why I hope RD Ike is chosen over PoR Ike for this game even though the latter is more popular (my main reason being design lol). RD Ike is the one who got axe access and more of the slow, heavy-hitting style, so he could be differentiated easier from the others. And lots of people still love him anyway. :P

But I see where you're coming from.

And yeah, I think Kaze is more likely than the other ninjas too since he had more story presence and has more popularity I think. He also became one of Corrin's retainers, so he even has reason enough to be with Corrin when they appear in Warriors.

Oh yeah, I just realized I should've added Tharja to that Awakening list. Why would she not be in...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True that, it's also the secondary reason why I hope RD Ike is chosen over PoR Ike for this game even though the latter is more popular (my main reason being design lol). RD Ike is the one who got axe access and more of the slow, heavy-hitting style, so he could be differentiated easier from the others. And lots of people still love him anyway. :P

But I see where you're coming from.

And yeah, I think Kaze is more likely than the other ninjas too since he had more story presence and has more popularity I think. He also became one of Corrin's retainers, so he even has reason enough to be with Corrin when they appear in Warriors.

Oh yeah, I just realized I should've added Tharja to that Awakening list. Why would she not be in...

At this point RD Ike is the most recognizable. Smash helped that move along, and didnt RD Ike win the popularity poll of Heroes? If Ike makes it in, which I think is likely due to Smash, it will probably be RD Ike with a costume for his PoR design or something.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

At this point RD Ike is the most recognizable. Smash helped that move along, and didnt RD Ike win the popularity poll of Heroes? If Ike makes it in, which I think is likely due to Smash, it will probably be RD Ike with a costume for his PoR design or something.

RD Ike is probably slightly more recognizable now thanks to Smash and his Amiibo, yeah, but PoR Ike actually won the Heroes poll while RD Ike came in 5th/10th place (5th for males, 10th overall).

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

RD Ike is probably slightly more recognizable now thanks to Smash and his Amiibo, yeah, but PoR Ike actually won the Heroes poll while RD Ike came in 5th/10th place (5th for males, 10th overall).

Well regardless, he still is extremely popular, and if Koei is adamant about making sure there is a diverse set of weapons, then RD Ike is the more likely route. Kind of hoping he gets his end class design from RD too at least as a costume, the one with the bad ass blue and white armor.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Well regardless, he still is extremely popular, and if Koei is adamant about making sure there is a diverse set of weapons, then RD Ike is the more likely route. Kind of hoping he gets his end class design from RD too at least as a costume, the one with the bad ass blue and white armor.

Oh, YES. FUCK yes! Vanguard Ike is my favorite design in the whole series period (followed by Hero Ike in the same game). Ike would be really easy to give costumes to too, because he has four canonical ones when you count his looks from both Tellius games.

29 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

is reminded of this

LOL KAGERO.png

25 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

is reminded of this

LOL KAGERO.png

Pretty much. For being a Ninja she really gets caught a lot and captured, and then cant escape either. So much for being a master of stealth.

With the latest info, This is what I'm guessing.

Shadow Dragon

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Jagen

Minerva

Merric

Navarre

Jeorge

Linde

Gharnef

Awakening

Chrom

Robin

Lucina

Tharja

Cordelia

Gaius

Virion

Lissa

Frederick

Walhart

Fates

Corrin

Azura

Kaze

Ryoma

Takumi

Oboro

Xander

Leo

Camilla

Garon

Others

Anna

Shion

Lian

Darios

An original villain

DLC

Ike

Roy

Alm

Celica

Lyn

Sigurd

Okay...taking into account the weapon diversity, Hyrule Warriors' vanilla roster with no paid DLC (16 characters) and KT's comment that this would be a bigger vanilla roster than other musou collab projects' vanilla roster...let's bump it up to 30 characters and work with that. Since they explicitly mentioned Shadow Dragon, I'd refrain from adding Mystery of the Emblem exclusive units such as Sheena from my little list. Here we go:

Shadow Dragon: Marth (confirmed), Caeda, Draug, Tiki, Darros/Barst/Minerva, Jagen, Jeorge, Jake, Hardin

Awakening: Chrom (confirmed), Tharja, Virion, Robin, Cordelia, Walhart (Lu Bu character)

Fates: Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Rinkah, Takumi, Camilla, Oboro, Garon, Felicia/Saizo, Leo, Odin

Original: Shion, Lian, Darius, *free space*

Yes, no Lucina for the vanilla roster. The protagonist representation in the vanilla roster is good enough. Bring in the "big guns" for DLC so people are much more willing to buy it. She and a couple of child units are better off as part of a DLC pack with a new scenario focused on their doomed future. Same with the FE7 characters and others. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Going to update my "updated prediction" now to put more of a focus on the Weapon Triangle. If the Weapon Triangle is as important as they say, 20 characters may not be enough for weapon diversity. But first, my simplified list of 20...

Spoiler

[8] Swords: Shion, LianDarios (Warrior OCs), Marth, Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Corrin
- Why Xander, Ryoma, and Corrin? Their swords were shown in the trailer, and the focus is on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.
- While Corrin is listed under Swords, I'm sure he/she will get usage out of the Dragonstone. He/she may be fully reliant on the Dragonstone instead!
- Lucina is not listed as a Sword despite that being her iconic weapon. If the roster is trimmed down to a mere 20 characters, I think she will use Lances instead.

[2] Axes: Walhart, Camilla

[4] Lances: Camus, Caeda, Lucina, Azura

[3] Magic: Gharnef, Tharja, Robin

[1] Bows: Takumi

[2] Unknown: Original Villain, Original Something

Mounted Units: Xander, Walhart, Camus
Flying Units: Camilla, Caeda

Warriors: 5
Archaena: 4
Awakening: 5
Fates: 6

Needless to say, if the roster is limited to 20 characters, it is rather Sword heavy. There are already 5 confirmed sword users and three more that are heavily implied (Xander, Ryoma, and Corrin based off the initial trailer). Then, we have two Dark Magic users in the form of Gharnef and Tharja, as well as two wildcards for more OCs. As for the main changes, I made Walhart and Azura baseline and removed Gangrel and Young!Tiki.

If I was to focus on the "main classes" of Fire Emblem, it would be the obvious Sword, Axe, and Lance users alongside Bows and Magic. While I initially thought Young!Tiki may make it in as a playable character, now I think making a unique transforming mechanic for her is "too much effort for too little reward." We also only have one Archer and do not have any Dagger representation at all.

Now, if I were to add six more characters (for a total of 26, still trying to be conservative here), they would be...

Spoiler

[2] Axes: Arthur, Rinkah 
- Archaena does not have any Axes because none of them are memorable.

[1] Magic: Linde

[3] Bows: Jeorge, Virion, Selena

Mounted Units: Selena
- With Selena, we have a mounted unit for Swords, Axes, Lances, and Bows, fulfilling main weapon choices for cavalry.

Flying Units: None
- We are missing a Sword Flier, but I'm not sure who would fit into that category and we already used up my 26 slots (unless it is one of the Wild Cards).

Archaena: 2
Awakening: 1
Fates: 3

I decide to pass on Daggers and remain focused on Swords, Axes, Lances, Bows, and Magic. So, with the extra 6 slots, I decided to fill out the remaining weapons and give Selena a slot as Bow Cavalry. Arthur and Rinkah are added as Axe representatives due to their personality, and also keep the "Fates" balance between Hoshido and Nohr (until Selena tips it into Nohr's favor). Linde is added as a potential magic user and to be an Archaenan rep (beats out Merric since Linde has fanservice appeal), while Jeorge and Virion make their way into the Bow category. If there was one thing that I can see changing, it is removing Virion and adding in either another Magic user or a non-Lord sword user, preferably from Awakening or Archaena.

So, for my "final count" of 26 characters, here is my master list of speculation. There is some Fates bias, but that is because Fates has a giant roster and needs to be split between Hoshido and Nohr (with Corrin and Azura acting as the "middle ground"). If we were to separate Fates into standalone titles, the distribution would seem a little more fair. I could add 4 more characters and make it a "round 30," but I don't want to be too hopeful.

Personally, I'm expecting 20-25 characters with unique movesets at vanilla launch. If there are more than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised. (Now, if they take the "class" route and make everyone generic with some special moves to differentiate between characters, I'll be a bit disappointed from the Warriors standpoint. I'm used to playing Warriors games with unique movesets, not the "same but different" scenarios.)

Spoiler

[8] Swords: Shion, LianDarios (Warrior OCs), Marth, Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Corrin
- Why Xander, Ryoma, and Corrin? Their swords were shown in the trailer, and the focus is on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.
- While Corrin is listed under Swords, I'm sure he/she will get usage out of the Dragonstone. He/she may be fully reliant on the Dragonstone instead!
- Lucina is not listed as a Sword despite that being her iconic weapon. If the roster is trimmed down and the Weapon Triangle made to be important, I think she will use Lances instead.

[4] Axes: Walhart, Camilla, Arthur, Rinkah
- Archaena does not have any Axes because none of them are memorable.

[4] Lances: Camus, Caeda, Lucina, Azura

[4] Magic: Gharnef, Linde, Tharja, Robin

[4] Bows: Takumi, Jeorge, Virion, Selena

[2] Unknown: Original Villain, Original Something

Mounted Units: Xander, Walhart, Camus, Selena
Flying Units: Camilla, Caeda (No Sword or Bow Flier, assuming Caeda using the Wing Spear.)

Warriors: 5
Archaena: 6
Awakening: 6
Fates: 9 (4 Nohr, 3 Hoshido, 2 Revelations)

Bonus 4: Kellam (Awakening Lance Armor), Orochi (Fates Hoshido Magic Spirit Thing), Julian (Thief), Lena (Healer)

Edited by Sire

I was thinking something like this

Shadow Dragon (I really don't know much about this game, so if I'm missing someone, let me know)

Marth, Caeda, Young Tiki, Medeus, Merric, and maybe Minerva or Hardin. 

Awakening

Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Fredrick, Lissa, Adult Tiki, Gangrel

Fates 

Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Kaze, and Garon

Other

Anna, Inigo, Owain, Severa, Cordelia, Gaius, Tharja, and Anna.

I've decided to try and get a roster with an assumed size of 35. With 5 OCs (Including Anna).

Spoiler

Marth
Caeda
Hardin
Gharnef
Camus
Medeus

Chrom
Robin
Walhart
Aversa
Basilio
Tiki

Corrin
Azura
Fuga
Izana
Shura
Anankos

Ryoma
Takumi
Yukimura
Hinoka
Rinkah
Kaden

Xander
Leo
Garon
Camilla
Silas
Keaton

Shion
Lian
Darius
Anna
Unknown

To be honest I'm not even amazingly happy about this, but going over that number seems overkill.

Thinking of not only relevant characters, but ones that don't skew it hard in favour of swords seems impossible unless you go super obscure for your picks.

Swords: 14

Lances: 10

Axes: 6

Magic: 5

Misc: 5

Bows: 4

And lonely Yukimura's the only one with a hidden weapon.

This is counting all characters who can wield the weapon in their base class.

And for the purposes of this, I've assumed they split Fates into Birthright, Revelations and Conquest for picks respectively.

Time to do a revised vanilla roster and cut the number now to a more reasonable 19. Take the 8 characters we already know about and that leaves me with...11 free spaces. Not bad at all.

Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Jake, Draug, Wrys (Japan likes him a lot) or Hardin

Awakening: Tharja, Virion, Walhart (the Lu Bu)

Fates: Takumi, Arthur (joke character), Rinkah/Kaze/Saizo (any of them) 

Original: *free space* 

I'd be leaving Camilla and other popular characters for DLC. DLC packs could also include new weapons and new alts for existing characters (like...Axe for Chrom and an alt that it's either the Spring Chrom costume or just its palette. Walhart getting an alt based on Alm's armor complete with matching hair color, etc). Maybe even new story scenarios as well as new missions kinda like the DLC Adventure Mode map packs from HW. As for other characters, KT loves isnt a stranger to obscure characters so we could end up with someone like Gazzak. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I just hope if they do decide to go with DLC, they focus on bringing characters with fresh unique movesets rather than just piling on lord after lord. Tibarn and Ranulf could add so much more to the game compared to Ike and Seliph. 

4 hours ago, Hardin said:

I just hope if they do decide to go with DLC, they focus on bringing characters with fresh unique movesets rather than just piling on lord after lord. Tibarn and Ranulf could add so much more to the game compared to Ike and Seliph. 

That would be the most ideal scenario but only time will tell. 

Gotta update my list now from the news so:

FE Warriors:

Lian

Shion

Darios

Yuana (just in case she's a secret unlock)

TBA

TBA

Anna(Warriors variant)

Archanea:

Marth 

Caeda

Young Tiki

Linde

Merric

Minerva

Medeus

Awakening:

Chrom

Robin

Lucina

Lissa

Frederick

Tharja

Olivia

Cordelia

Gaius

Gangrel

Fates:

Corrin

Azura

Ryoma/Hinoka/Takumi/Sakura

Xander/Camilla/Leo/Elise

Lilith

Felicia/Jakob

Garon

(The Awakening Trio can be either Awakening or Fates)

DLC(IF it is just those 3):

Valentia: Alm and Celica

Elibe(Blazing Sword): Lyn, Hector, Eliwood

Elibe(Binding Blade): Roy and Lilina

Tellius(both prequel and sequel): Ike, Micaiah, Black Knight, Elincia and Sanaki

Magvel: Eirika and Ephraim

Judgral: Sigurd, Seliph, Julia and Leif

So my updated speculation list based off the info we know is:

Archanea

Marth (confirmed)

Caeda

Navarre and/or Ogma

Linde and/or Merric

Minerva

Tiki

Hardin

Gharnef

Ylisse

Chrom (confirmed)

Robin

Lissa

Frederick

Tharja

Cordelia

Lon'qu

Walhart

Hoshido

Ryoma/other siblings

Oboro

Hana

Kagero

Setsuna

Rinkah

(so I decided maybe doing one retainer for each of the siblings would allows diversity and keep the character count low)

Nohr

Xander/other siblings

Niles

Effie

Peri

Beruka

Charlotte

(Repeated same process here)

Fates Neutral

Corrin

Azura

Kaze and/or Silas

Felicia and/or Jakob

DLC

Roy, Lilina, and Zephiel

Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn

Eirika and Ephraim

Ike, Elincia, Micaiah,*very unlikely but I still hope* Nephenee, and the Black Knight

Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph, Julia, and Lief

Alm and Celica

Now most of these are either lords or fan favorites, I only really added one personal want with Nephenee since Amelia is more than likely out of the question and Cordelia is almost guaranteed