Azura
Camilla
Takumi
Xander
Ryoma

Marth
Caeda
Tiki
Wrys (Musou needs at least one meme character)

2-3 non playable (until DLC) OC baddies

DLC

M!Robin and Cordelia

Lyn and Roy

Ike and Mia or Nephenee

maybe Alm and Celica

Basically, I think that the starter roster will be 20 or under.  Popular characters but somewhat bad class/weapon balance.

I'm thinking Male Robin would take priority over Female Robin since he's more popular.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Definitely a unique list. Did you use a specific rational, or primarily focus on personal favorites? 

I'd like to think I was being rational. Who do you feel was a strange inclusion? Always interested to hear others opinions. 

My only favourites lords are Lyn, Ephraim and Ike. I see Ike and likely Lyn as probable candidates, Ephraim not so much.

If we go by how HW's base roster started, then...

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem

- Marth, Caeda, Tiki, M!Kris/F!Kris, Sirius, Hardin, Sheena, Navarre, Ogma, Draug.

Awakening

- Chrom, M!Robin/F!Robin, Tharja, Frederick, Lissa, Nowi, Gangrel, Validar, Walhart, Lucina. 

Fates

- M!Corrin/F!Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo, Kaze, Rinkah, Sakura, Elise, Garon, Iago.

As for possible DLC...

Blazing Blade

- Eliwood, Hector, Ninian, Nino. 

Binding Blade

- Roy, Zephiel, Narcian, Fae, Bartre. 

Sacred Stones

- Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Amelia.

Path of Radiance

- Ike, Mist, Titania, Soren.

Radiant Dawn

- Micaiah, Sothe, Oliver, Black Knight. 

Genealogy of the Holy War

Sigurd, Arvis, Seliph, Julia.

Thracia 776

Leif, Nanna, Reinhardt, Ishtar.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

- Itsuki, Tsubasa, Mamori, Ellie. 

Heroes

- Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Veronica. 

And some original characters to glue the different universes together. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Wow, some people are still listing several Tellius characters without including Elincia? That's really a shame, and shocks me quite a lot. She's a main character in both games and should definitely take priority over minor characters like Mia, Titania, Oliver, or Nephenee. Plus, she'd represent Pegasus mounts seeing as we probably won't get any of those other than Caeda and maybe Cordelia.

Edited by Anacybele

14 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I'd like to think I was being rational. Who do you feel was a strange inclusion? Always interested to hear others opinions. 

My only favourites lords are Lyn, Ephraim and Ike. I see Ike and likely Lyn as probable candidates, Ephraim not so much.

Most of the reational/realist lists tend to only focus on Archanea (and maybe Valentia), Awakening, and Fates. 
On top of that, I feel like if only one of either were to get in it would be Alm and Eirika-- but that's just based on my observations an conjecture.
There's nothing "wrong" with the list or anything-- I just found it interesting.

@Blade Lord Lyn If you think the base game will have anything reaching 1/4 of WO3's cast, you're deluding yourself. That game had every single DW7 and SW3 character ready made in the engine and most of the maps were recycled from those two games as well.

21 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm thinking Male Robin would take priority over Female Robin since he's more popular.

Might sound a bit strange but his popularity is the exact reason why people would be more eager to buy him as DLC instead of F!Robin. F!Robin gets in first because I expect them to prioritize female characters where it's possible.

20 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

Might sound a bit strange but his popularity is the exact reason why people would be more eager to buy him as DLC instead of F!Robin. F!Robin gets in first because I expect them to prioritize female characters where it's possible.

They usually do, but they can just make Female Corrin (who is the more popular of the two by far) be the default Corrin, but they just seem to default to Male Robin and use him more prominently so I expect him to be the default/base character.

Edited by Arthur97

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Most of the reational/realist lists tend to only focus on Archanea (and maybe Valentia), Awakening, and Fates. 
On top of that, I feel like if only one of either were to get in it would be Alm and Eirika-- but that's just based on my observations an conjecture.
There's nothing "wrong" with the list or anything-- I just found it interesting.

@Blade Lord Lyn If you think the base game will have anything reaching 1/4 of WO3's cast, you're deluding yourself. That game had every single DW7 and SW3 character ready made in the engine and most of the maps were recycled from those two games as well.

Uh...no I'm not you think what you want while we do the same....especially with a series focused on a big army of characters.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

If you think the base game will have anything reaching 1/4 of WO3's cast, you're deluding yourself. That game had every single DW7 and SW3 character ready made in the engine and most of the maps were recycled from those two games as well.

I'd say half of WO3 is a stretch, 1/4 is right about fair game if you ask me.

It was 120-some, so 1/4 is 30 or so, which isn't exactly unreasonable, even if it doesn't happen.

1 minute ago, Soledai said:

I'd say half of WO3 is a stretch, 1/4 is right about fair game if you ask me.

It was 120-some, so 1/4 is 30 or so, which isn't exactly unreasonable, even if it doesn't happen.

Hyrule Warriors came with 20 unique movesets, the first Gundam Warriors had 20 playable characters, and the first Dragon Quest Heroes had 15. I could see it passing 30 with DLC, but 20 seems like the upper limit for the base roster.

7 hours ago, Cat Villager said:

I doubt it. M!Robin is more popular, yes, but he's also... a bit more iconic compared to his female counterpart since he's been promoted quite a bit more (even before he got an amiibo). F!Robin, while less popular than M!Robin, would likely be the DLC option if she is in the game at all because that kind of under-the-rug popularity is the kind that would attract potential DLC buyers.

7 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

They usually do, but they can just make Female Corrin (who is the more popular of the two by far) be the default Corrin, but they just seem to default to Male Robin and use him more prominently so I expect him to be the default/base character.

They might just go with both Corrins due to the amiibo and have one allied with Hoshido and one allied with Nohr. It may or may not be an option in terms of the Robins though.

35 minutes ago, Folt said:

I doubt it. M!Robin is more popular, yes, but he's also... a bit more iconic compared to his female counterpart since he's been promoted quite a bit more (even before he got an amiibo). F!Robin, while less popular than M!Robin, would likely be the DLC option if she is in the game at all because that kind of under-the-rug popularity is the kind that would attract potential DLC buyers.

They might just go with both Corrins due to the amiibo and have one allied with Hoshido and one allied with Nohr. It may or may not be an option in terms of the Robins though.

As long as they aren't alts. I don't particularly want that.

18 hours ago, The DanMan said:

My logic for Ephraim was like this: for a long time (prior to Heroes poll) he was considered the popular lord out of the twins as he got on the top 10 Jp poll for Fire Emblem characters whilst Eirika didn't get in the top 10 and is the only lance lord. Similar logic for Hector, he's the only axe lord and overshadows Eliwood in terms of popularity. With that said I do think Ephraim is the least likely out of the list. 

Weirdly, for Archanea, I don't see any others outside of Marth and Tiki. The FE1 cast whilst iconic in starting particular archetypes, I feel lacks appeal later generations of Fire Emblem have. Honestly, your deduction makes sense as that is what happened for Tokyo Mirage, but I'd like to excuse that game as an anomaly in terms of how spin-offs will handle game representation.

How do others feel about Tiki? A shoe-in or not?

16 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Chances are they'll bring both Corrins with M!Corrin representing Birthright and F!Corrin representing Conquest. No true "default" or being a toggle between the two. 

47 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Chances are they'll bring both Corrins with M!Corrin representing Birthright and F!Corrin representing Conquest. No true "default" or being a toggle between the two. 

I can see that since they are both on seperate covers of the games (yeah it could be just for cool looks) if not then one default, one alt.

• 3 weeks later...

Revised my list. Here's the most likely ones, at least to me. Not sure if some of these would be DLC, or DLC would be additions to this. Based primarily on the Heroes popularity polls. 

Marth

Tiki

Anna

Alm

Celica

Roy

Lyn

Hector

Ephraim

Eirika

Ike

Micaiah

Chrom

Robin

Lucina

Tharja

Cordelia

Gaius

Corrin

Azura

Ryoma

Xander

Camilia

Takumi

The trailer seems to imply that Archanea, Awakening and Fates are the heart of the series and nothing else matters, so I (generously) expect:

Ylisse: Chrom, Lucina, Olivia, Cordelia, Tharja, Robin, Validar, Aversa

Fateslandia: Corrin, Camilla, Hinoka, Elise, Sakura, Leo, Takumi, Xander, Ryoma, Garon

Classic Series 1 (DLC): Marth, Tiki, Medeus

Classic Series 2 (DLC): Kris, Anna, Wrys

This is me being generous, now.  I think it's best that you don't expect TOO much.  After all, I'm sure Omega Force is putting their everything into this upcoming spinoff in the Fire Emblem franchise, but this is just the first entry and they're only testing the waters. You have to realise they are people too, so don't get too upset if your random obscure character didn't make it in.

5 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

The trailer seems to imply that Archanea, Awakening and Fates are the heart of the series and nothing else matters, so I (generously) expect:

Fateslandia: Corrin, Camilla, Hinoka, Elise, Sakura, Leo, Takumi, Xander, Ryoma, Garon

This is me being generous, now.  I think it's best that you don't expect TOO much.  After all, I'm sure Omega Force is putting their everything into this upcoming spinoff in the Fire Emblem franchise, but this is just the first entry and they're only testing the waters. You have to realise they are people too, so don't get too upset if your random obscure character didn't make it in.

I doubt Marth will be DLC since his Falchion was in the trailer.

Redid mine once more.

Chrom

Lucina

Robin

Tharja

Corrin

Azura

Ryoma

Takumi

Xander

Camilla

Marth

Caeda

Tiki

Alm

Celica

Roy

Ike

Lyn

Hector

Ephraim

Edited by Ercdouken

11 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Dude, after that CYL poll, there is NO way Ike, Lyn, and Roy won't be in this game, at least as DLC. Ike is even effectively the most popular character if his combined votes in that poll and his victory in the Famitsu poll are anything to go by. Plus as Arthur97 said, Marth's Falchion was in the trailer, so he's most certainly not DLC.

Hell, I'd say Alm and Celica have a chance as DLC too because of Echoes.

Also, the older games most certainly matter. Where do you get off saying that they don't?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not including villains for the time being...

Archanea: Marth (100%), Minerva (60%), Tiki (90%)
Valentia: Alm (90%), Celica (70%)
Jugdral: Seliph (80%), Julia (60%)
Thracia: Leif (70%)
Elibe (FE6): Roy (100%), Lilina (70%)
Elibe (FE7): Lyn (100%), Eliwood (70%), Hector (80%), Serra (Agatha%)
Magvel: Ephraim (90%), Eirika (70%), L'arachel (Agatha.2%)
Tellius: Ike (100%), Ranulf (60%), Elincia (80%), Micaiah (90%)
Ylisse: Chrom (200%), Robin (100%), Tharja (110%), Lucina (100%)
Hoshido & Nohr: Corrin (100%), Azura (90%), Takumi (80%), Camilla (80%)
The Magnificent Universe of Anna: Anna (Anna%)

I would say Xander and Ryoma  (which odd since I'm including Takumi and Camilla), but I'm having my doubts. Same with Eliwood, Leif, and Sigurd. And I don't expect much from Thracia either. It'd be interesting to get more Laguz in the game. For Minerva, I was thinking of having the Whitewings do the triangle attack as one of her specials.

Edited by Falcom

Don't get the % chance especially for Lords SoV (Alm and Celica), Fates (counting Azura with Corrin), SS (Eirika and Ephraim), RD (Ikr and Micaiah), BB (Roy and counting Lilina), BS (Lyn, Hector and Eliwood) and ESPECIALLY Tiki will be in together likely in a DLC pack.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I'm not including villains for the time being...

Archanea: Marth (100%), Minerva (60%), Tiki (90%)
Valentia: Alm (90%), Celica (70%)
Jugdral: Seliph (80%), Julia (60%)
Thracia: Leif (70%)
Elibe (FE6): Roy (100%), Lilina (70%)
Elibe (FE7): Lyn (100%), Eliwood (70%), Hector (80%), Serra (Agatha%)
Magvel: Ephraim (90%), Eirika (70%), L'arachel (Agatha.2%)
Tellius: Ike (100%), Ranulf (60%), Elincia (80%), Micaiah (90%)
Ylisse: Chrom (200%), Robin (100%), Tharja (110%), Lucina (100%)
Hoshido & Nohr: Corrin (100%), Azura (90%), Takumi (80%), Camilla (80%)
The Magnificent Universe of Anna: Anna (Anna%)

I would say Xander and Ryoma  (which odd since I'm including Takumi and Camilla), but I'm having my doubts. Same with Eliwood, Leif, and Sigurd. And I don't expect much from Thracia either. It'd be interesting to get more Laguz in the game. For Minerva, I was thinking of having the Whitewings do the triangle attack as one of her specials.

Saying Tharja has a better chance than Lucina...

Edited by Arthur97