Forum Upgrade Details

Jyosua

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Assuming this is an option you have: Users viewing thread?

I want this, but I didn't find an option for it yet.

Is anyone else having an issue with the paragraph settings?

Whenever I press the the Enter key, it takes me down two lines as if it were double-spaced but if I continue typing without pressing Enter, the next line will be directly under the previously line in the paragraph as you can see here,

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the paragraph settings?

Whenever I press the the Enter key, it takes me down two lines as if it were double-spaced but if I continue typing without pressing Enter, the next line will be directly under the previously line in the paragraph as you can see here,

Hit Shift + Enter.

Things are (mostly) working on my end!  Still need to figure a few things out.

Y'all are silly.

This is normal paragraph spacing. You should have been taught this in school. This is single-spaced, NOT double-spaced.

Meanwhile, this:
This is called a new line and carriage return. It is generally done using Shift+Enter in every word processor ever. This is generally only used when presenting information in non-prose form.

6 minutes ago, Jyosua said:

Y'all are silly.

This is normal paragraph spacing. You should have been taught this in school. This is single-spaced, NOT double-spaced.

Meanwhile, this:

This is called a new line and carriage return. It is generally done using Shift+Enter in every word processor ever. This is generally only used when presenting information in non-prose form.

Um, every word processor I've ever used only required hitting the Enter key, not Shift + Enter. That's not for want of a proper education, that's just how they work. Even the old forums (which I still have an open window on) worked that way.

They do that only if they default to 0pt between paragraphs.

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.50.01 PM.png

But that isn't normally the case for a word processer that uses a standard typography default. Especially if you choose a proper template for what you're typing. Check out this link and this excerpt below:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.54.02 PM.png

587f108f696a7_ScreenShot2017-01-17at10_5

587f112e5a6d4_ScreenShot2017-01-17at10_5

3 hours ago, Eleanor Hume said:

Also scrolling / clicking on pages still doesn't work (for me).

I don't even know if someone answered me because I can't click back to page 1+2.

Same I can't follow any other threads and possible replies to me.

This is not nice at all!

It seems to be fixed thankfully.

Now I can finally backreading and replying.

/index.php?/profile/1-jyosua/" rel="">@Jyosua

If I'm right about the HTML editor, then it is just a shortcut to edit the HTML content without Inspect Element and has exactly the same limitations as Inspect Element edits.

If you test it using your HTML editor and it filters out rgba colors, border-radius properties, and marquee tags (note that they will appear to work until after posting the message), then it is safe to say they are identical. In other words, disabling it adds no security (except from amateurs).

Can you confirm?

Edited by Makaze

22 minutes ago, onmyoji said:

I suddenly get many email notifications, I've checked my settings, it's already disabled.

I prefer to view notifications directly from the forum, is there any way to disable email notifications?

When the software was first updated, all notifications defaulted to e-mail notifications. Jyosua noticed that some hours later and changed it, which is why it's showing disabled for you now. As such, you don't need to do anything; it's already been fixed.

Why do you want to remove a user's name?  Among other things the quote box did was link back to the quote itself, so it was possible to trace a conversation.

I don't think it's possible for regular users.  You can copy the text you want to quote, then use the old quote blocks, BUT I won't make any guarantees that it'll work.

It does.

On a side note, we're now rebuilding the site's search indices. This should make all of our data searchable.

I'm liking the new change that we can see our post count is to let newcomers know how ranked the members are. XD

...And it sure is a bummer that the upgrade destroyed nearly everything. Hope that the skins can be brought soon. Looking forward to the rest of the finished upgrade!

We traditionally removed post counts to prevent people from having ePeen wars over posts. However, it's a good amount of work and if people act up we'll just have to warn the crap out of them. :KnollRoll:

47 minutes ago, Jyosua said:

We traditionally removed post counts to prevent people from having ePeen wars over posts. However, it's a good amount of work and if people act up we'll just have to warn the crap out of them. :KnollRoll:

The template bit for post counts in topics is located at forums->topics->postContainer for the theme's HTML:

<li class='ipsType_light'>{lang="member_post_count" pluralize="$comment->author()->member_posts"}</li>

Content Count in profiles is located under core->front->profile->profileHeader:

<li><h4 class='ipsType_minorHeading'>{lang="members_member_posts"}</h4>{number="$member->member_posts"}</li>

posts.png

posts.png.b0da01bdab0a7350c4dfdc839e254c56.png

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Why do you want to remove a user's name?  Among other things the quote box did was link back to the quote itself, so it was possible to trace a conversation.

If I want to bring up an older quote just to clarify something, but there's no point to address the quoted person. It'd just cause an unnecessary notification for them.

I find it annoying, when I find any notifications in my message box by quote-copying like copying the suggested names for the interview. I check out the thread for nothing, because the post wasn't addressed to me.

That's the reason, why I would like to know how to remove the UN in quotes by not using source text.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

I assume this has already been addressed at some point in the thread but spoiler tags, links, IMG and Embeds are either broken or no longer work with the new interface. It's mass confusion and spoilers in certain sections of the forums X.X

Can those be hotfixed or will an army of mods be raised to manually fix those?

6 hours ago, Jyosua said:

On a side note, we're now rebuilding the site's search indices. This should make all of our data searchable.

After this is done, can you see about making it possible to view all of a user's posts in a particular thread? I've found how to search a word by a user in a thread, but I want to get every post they made there, regardless of contents. Used to be able to do this by clicking "# of replies" on the forum index. It brought up a window with the users who had posted and the number of replies each had made, and if you clicked the number, you could view them all in a search result.

I and every mafia player would very much like to be able to do that. Currently, I can't even do it with URL hacks because using no search terms jumps back to the advanced search instead of getting every post that fits the filters.