Forum Upgrade Details

Jyosua

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

The font on actual posts is too dark/the background isn't dark enough. The contrast is pretty low. It is technically readable, but needs more contrast IMO. Feels muted, like it's low opacity. Compare to the shade difference between background and text on light skins. I'd rather the block/post/main body background be darker rather than text lighter, though. Less to edit that way and looks better.

The screenshot points out that the post area is still white (fixed as of this post), and that the text doesn't work on all surfaced (still almost invisible in places; look at the "Notify me of replies" switch)

I already changed it. There are still a couple places where the background and text are too close in color, but those will get fixed later.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jyosua said:

I already changed it.

"Notify me of replies" switch is unchanged, but yes, I noticed and mentioned that you fixed the white background in that post.

I'll try to point out individual specific things each time so that other suggestions don't get marked "fixed" when one thing in the post does.

How do I access the list of "Threads you have posted in" from my profile that I could before the update? 

4 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

How do I access the list of "Threads you have posted in" from my profile that I could before the update? 

Go to the activities tab at the top of the site, and click unread content. There are some menus that allow you to narrow/broaden your search, and in the ownership menu you check content I have posted in. You can also go to the read status menu and check everything to see all of the topics that you've posted in, whether they've updated since your last check or not. You should then save the settings as a stream, so you can just do a click on any page to bring them up.

Hello all. A couple updates:

• I made a lot of skin changes to the dark skin. It should be mostly fine now. Take a screenshot and post it here if you see something weird.
  • Turns out I broke notification e-mails a day or so ago. I fixed that now.
  • Turns out I also broke registration at that same time. That is also fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Is there a way to modify the Ping system so that when you're typing somebody's name, that you can have it default your selection to the first option? I'd like to simply hit enter (rather than DownArrow then Enter) to select that person. If I type out @Jyosua and hit enter, I just get a line break (which is standard I guess) but it's the first (and in this case only) option there and I as the user clearly don't want to add a line break when I've fully typed out an alert.

Some member badges are appearing out of place for me as well, but I'm on a laptop. It's typically the new posts in a thread where they appear out of place.

If you're not keeping track in the other thread, Vincent's working on coding out problems in the current badge sets, related to but not limited to:

Renamed Badges not being referenced properly

Allegiances of [Null] or "-" causing issues with alignment

@Florete You can't change out your current Roy badge?

@pianime94 Your current allegiance (accessible through the Edit Profile button in your Account Settings) is not selected, causing that weird positioning. It'll be fixed soon, but if you want an immediate fix, you can set an allegiance (see the G Merc in Anacybele's badge, right above yours, to understand what Allegiance will do for your badge).

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Nothing I've tried works, and I've tried multiple combinations. Here's what the editor looks like now.

Reveal hidden contents

6JDhTSx.png

Looks like it's just defaulting a value for each type of Security role:

Jyosua: Naeulchi

Admins: Leanne

Global Mods: Reyson

Section Mods: Naesala

Retired Mods: Roy (eCut and Shuuda have it too)

Editors: Raphiel

IIRC these  are due to be updated soon, after the general userbase gets their fix.

Edited by Elieson

@VincentASM is the one working on that atm. I thought he was doing it on a different, test skin though.

It looks like he incorrectly made those changes to the Serenes Forest skin, instead of the parent skin.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like post count is gone now.  Was that intentional or will they be back?

It's not gone though. At least not on the desktop version.

1 minute ago, Konnor97 said:

It's not gone though. At least not on the desktop version.

I'm currently on desktop, and I don't see it on the little member info thing to the left of the posts, just

User Name
Title
Member/Mod/Admin category
Badge
Favorite FE

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm currently on desktop, and I don't see it on the little member info thing to the left of the posts, just

User Name
Title
Member/Mod/Admin category
Badge
Favorite FE

Weird. I can see post count. But I can't see badges.

SuQ0h3Q.png

Just now, Konnor97 said:

Weird. I can see post count. But I can't see badges.

Hide contents

SuQ0h3Q.png

I'm on FireFox, what are you using?  That might make a difference.

6 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Chrome. That'd be a weird difference though.

Yeah, but I can't think of another easy explanation.