Forum Upgrade Details

Jyosua

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What skin are y'all using?  I'm on the night skin, and I see post counts.

Huh, that's weird, using the default theme, I do not see post count, but the Night Forest skin shows post count.

EDIT: I like the way the text changes to pink when I highlight it in Night Mode.  I'm torn as to which theme I want to use.

Edited by Rezzy

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to tag Vincent in his own thread about the badges.

17 hours ago, Elieson said:

Is there a way to modify the Ping system so that when you're typing somebody's name, that you can have it default your selection to the first option? I'd like to simply hit enter (rather than DownArrow then Enter) to select that person. If I type out @Jyosua and hit enter, I just get a line break (which is standard I guess) but it's the first (and in this case only) option there and I as the user clearly don't want to add a line break when I've fully typed out an alert.

I think that is done to prevent it overriding other "@blah" like text and I'd rather not mess with that.

5 hours ago, Jyosua said:

I think that is done to prevent it overriding other "@blah" like text and I'd rather not mess with that.

Can it be improved so that if you type say @jyosua and hit enter, then backspace into it, you don't have to delete and retype the entire ping?

Nah I can just suck it up with the new interface and be more careful with the ops process.

Edited by Elieson

Can you actually provide the links to the page you're looking at. Screenshots are only good enough for skin issues; I need actual links and posts for anything else.

5 hours ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Here: 

First of all, they should look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 5.50.34 PM.png

The fact they don't suggests to me that you are having browser-related issues. What browser are you using?

7 hours ago, Jyosua said:

First of all, they should look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 5.50.34 PM.png

The fact they don't suggests to me that you are having browser-related issues. What browser are you using?

I'm using the latest version of Chrome. It's probably my browser, he's completely messed up on this PC, I don't know why. Comments on the main page of SF don't appear for example, everything that loads after its page is loaded doesn't appear. Because it does appear like that on Edge (:wacko:). 

On 1/18/2017 at 1:34 AM, Jyosua said:

Y'all are silly.

This is normal paragraph spacing. You should have been taught this in school. This is single-spaced, NOT double-spaced.

Meanwhile, this:
This is called a new line and carriage return. It is generally done using Shift+Enter in every word processor ever. This is generally only used when presenting information in non-prose form.

Wait, what. I'm in English 112 and never heard of that. Are the threads supposed to auto-update when a new user posts? Sometimes it does, other times it does not. Just curious.

3 minutes ago, Christianguy7 said:

Wait, what. I'm in English 112 and never heard of that. Are the threads supposed to auto-update when a new user posts? Sometimes it does, other times it does not. Just curious.

It's not something you'd learn in English class. It's more of a Computers lesson.

Also, no, it's supposed to alert you that there's a new post, but not actually load it.

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It's not something you'd learn in English class. It's more of a Computers lesson.

Also, no, it's supposed to alert you that there's a new post, but not actually load it.

A lot of links in old topics are messed up. Like the Video game music thread. I'm guessing because of the update.

Couldn't find a mention of this before. When I do a lot of formatting on one post, a glitch eventually crops up where the last line I had highlighted and formatted stays highlighted forever. When I type something new, it replaces said line, and when I highlight a different line and attempt to format it, or when just pressing a format button, it affects the permanently highlighted line instead of where my cursor is.

23 hours ago, Elieson said:

More like typography. You are right that you might not learn the difference between a paragraph and a newline/carriage return in an English class, but paragraph spacing is generally taught in classes that have you write papers. Plus, you can observe it in almost any book. It's helpful to know, though, if you ever want to be a respectable writer in any subject.

On 1/25/2017 at 1:48 AM, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I'm using the latest version of Chrome. It's probably my browser, he's completely messed up on this PC, I don't know why. Comments on the main page of SF don't appear for example, everything that loads after its page is loaded doesn't appear. Because it does appear like that on Edge (:wacko:). 

That sounds like you have disabled javascript.

17 hours ago, Jyosua said:

There shall be no petitions of any sort

Why no petitions?

And also, can might fix the Favorite Fire Emblem games for the members profile like fix up FE7 and change it from The Blazing Sword to The Blazing Blade (along with Forum section since the game refers the Durandal as The Blazing Blade also?), FE1 as Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light (along with Forum section), and also fix Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, that wasn't been touched in the Favorite FE in a while and it still remains as the Japanese name in there?

Edited by King Marth 64

I feel like an idiot and I apologize if it's been covered somewhere...but how do you edit sigs now?

EDIT - Never mind, figured it out.

Edited by Dragoncat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what's the story in inserting pictures? I've been inserting them via source code as they are easy to copy/paste via Word, but since the new forum came, some of them automatically turn into hyperlinks. Is there any way to remove said hyperlinks apart from re-typing over the linked section?

Edited by henrymidfields

1 hour ago, henrymidfields said:

So what's the story in inserting pictures? I've been inserting them via source code as they are easy to copy/paste via Word, but since the new forum came, some of them automatically turn into hyperlinks. Is there any way to remove said hyperlinks apart from re-typing over the linked section?

4efc6e81b7.png

0a429b0fc2.png

This'll do it without the URL

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 10:42 AM, Makaze said:

After this is done, can you see about making it possible to view all of a user's posts in a particular thread? I've found how to search a word by a user in a thread, but I want to get every post they made there, regardless of contents. Used to be able to do this by clicking "# of replies" on the forum index. It brought up a window with the users who had posted and the number of replies each had made, and if you clicked the number, you could view them all in a search result.

I and every mafia player would very much like to be able to do that. Currently, I can't even do it with URL hacks because using no search terms jumps back to the advanced search instead of getting every post that fits the filters.

Is this possible/is this going to happen?