Forum Upgrade Details

Jyosua

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jyo, do you have access to the old data still? Would it be a stretch to apply a user's old "Friends" to their "Following" list? That'd be pretty close to the same thing, I'd suspect. 

Sigs are back, yayz! But one of the gifs I had in it didn't work anymore. Yet the other did. That's weird. The Frederick sprite gif broke, but the Ike one is fine. o.O I had to swap out the Frederick gif with the GBA sprite I made of him to fix it since that was the only thing I could do. But it's still odd. I'd make sure there's no real issue with displaying gifs on the site.

But I'm glad sigs are back, I was missing my Ike x Elincia family especially. :P I simply love how they turned out when I made the sprites and they're some of the best work I ever made.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Makaze said:

After this is done, can you see about making it possible to view all of a user's posts in a particular thread? I've found how to search a word by a user in a thread, but I want to get every post they made there, regardless of contents. Used to be able to do this by clicking "# of replies" on the forum index. It brought up a window with the users who had posted and the number of replies each had made, and if you clicked the number, you could view them all in a search result.

I and every mafia player would very much like to be able to do that. Currently, I can't even do it with URL hacks because using no search terms jumps back to the advanced search instead of getting every post that fits the filters.

I feel like there's probably a way to do this that nobody has found yet. At the very least, none of our old posts were searchable and that will be fixed with this reindexing.

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

Jyo, do you have access to the old data still? Would it be a stretch to apply a user's old "Friends" to their "Following" list? That'd be pretty close to the same thing, I'd suspect. 

We intentionally didn't do that because you would be flooded with new notifications. The option was given, but it would have had consequences that were undesirable.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

can we do something about adds that auto play, I don't mind the adds being there but I don't want to have to refresh the page to shut off the audio

Not easily.

6 hours ago, Jyosua said:

I feel like there's probably a way to do this that nobody has found yet. At the very least, none of our old posts were searchable and that will be fixed with this reindexing.

I have done some research and it looks like there is no way for me to search without search terms. If there is an option to allow it must be on your end.

5 hours ago, SecondWorld said:

So, other people have said that they can put cover photos in their profiles, but the option isn't there for me

Reveal hidden contents

Example from someone else for comparison

Is this a weird, "just upgraded" thing, or would the problem be something on my end?

I think it might be your browser.  Mine gives me that option.

5 hours ago, SecondWorld said:

So, other people have said that they can put cover photos in their profiles, but the option isn't there for me

Reveal hidden contents

49c02b7351.png

Example from someone else for comparison

Is this a weird, "just upgraded" thing, or would the problem be something on my end?

Try disabling any ad blocking software you have and see if it shows up then.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think it might be your browser.  Mine gives me that option.

21 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Try disabling any ad blocking software you have and see if it shows up then.

Neither was the case, unfortunately

On another note, search results only show snippets of posts, not the full content, including Expanded View on Unread Content page. Results need to show the entire post including styling like they did on the old software. How could they manage to make the search even worse than XenForo...

Edited by Makaze

Just now, SecondWorld said:

Firefox, getting on sf in Chrome didn't work either

Oh, that is strange!  You might see me fiddle with your warnings for a bit.  Please ignore them!

I'm currently working on the default green skin in-between working on backend server maintenance and tasks. I think I can probably have one up before the end of tomorrow night (PST).

Ok, I'm getting this Not Responding thing popping up and I think this was only shown when I had Serenesforest.net Forums up in the tabs. I tried to scroll down to look at some stuff and keeps getting not responding 10 times.

Not Responding.png

58805bb37dcb2_NotResponding.thumb.png.5c3368a7107e7ade8a25fb7e131aaf85.png

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but sometimes a pause icon appears on my tab of the site, and I don't know what it means. It usually appears if I haven't looked at the tab for a while, and when I click the tab it disappears. Clicking the icon does nothing, and hovering over the tab doesn't give any details.

I use Chrome if that matters.

2 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but sometimes a pause icon appears on my tab of the site, and I don't know what it means. It usually appears if I haven't looked at the tab for a while, and when I click the tab it disappears. Clicking the icon does nothing, and hovering over the tab doesn't give any details.

I use Chrome if that matters.

That simply indicates that the tab is no longer polling for updates. You won't get any notifications from it, if you had them enabled.

Recently tried to make a post, and upon hitting Submit Reply, nothing happened.

Then I took a chunk of the post out, and hit reply. That time it went through. Wondered if I hit some kind of cap on post length.

But then I pasted in the part I took out, and hit save. Everything was fine.

Not sure if this is some glitch or not but this seems like the place to report them.

Are there any guidelines regarding the new cover photo feature? As in, the size of the picture we're allowed to upload?
In particular, I'm not even sure what the dimensions of the picture should be to ensure it actually fits into that box, seeing how it won't allow me to check its size using the usual methods. It looks to be around 1200x300-ish, but I'm not sure.